[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think you have depression? Why aren't you doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 19
File: 1461054400743.jpg (10 KB, 350x334) Image search: [Google]
1461054400743.jpg
10 KB, 350x334
Why do you think you have depression? Why aren't you doing anything about it?
>>
>>27979185
>Why do you think you have depression?
I think it's just my character but I guess my life would be alright if I had some friends, a gf and nice hobby.

>Why aren't you doing anything about it?
People don't like me, so no friends or gf. And all hobbys feel like shit alone anyway so I'll stick with pleb tier consuming stuff like video games and movies.
>>
>>27979277
Why do you have no friends? Did you drove them away?
>>
>>27979185
because I find no joy in anything seeing a starting to see a meme therapist after being in the looney bin. and I find out I have another "disorder"
>>
My brother keeps telling me I have depression, but I don't think I do.
What I am doing to prevent it, sports and trying to go out as much as possible and not masturbating
>>
>>27979185
I am really unsure my life was actually pretty nice
I think it's a result of my social anxiety/panic attacks
I am
I go to a mental day hospital, take my meds every day, and do a lot of therapy
>>
>>27979360
What did you do in looney bin? Did they give you drugs or something?
>>
I did go see a shrink but he told me that depression is not real so who the fuck knows.
>>
>>27979382
>not masturbating

What? This literally alleviates depression
>>
>>27979427
Masturbating makes me tired and if I do I won't be able to do as much sports, and sports reduces depression ot fight it not sure which
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-19+at+03.01.23).jpg (106 KB, 601x615) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-19+at+03.01.23).jpg
106 KB, 601x615
>>27979382
>My brother keeps telling me I have depression, but I don't think I do.
Similar feel, all my online friends assume I'm depressed. Even when I vent my problems on 4chan I get reply's like "You sound depressed".
Why do people constantly assume I'm depressed?
>>
>>27979314
I used to have friends in high school but we had less and less contact in the last two years of HS. That's also when I got really depressed and found 4chan (thanks guys). Maybe they just didn't want to be around a passive piece of shit. I mean we still talked in school and I wasn't bullied or anything but I basically spend every single weekend and afternoon alone while people I used to hang out with were drinking or doing whatever.
One guy kind of remained and at least had talks with me which were more than simple smalltalk about school or football games. I know it sounds gay but we were soulmates. I just mean that we could spend hours just talking about random crap, had inside jokes, could laugh, talk about a bit more serious stuff etc. The kind of best friend you could not see for 2 weeks and it wouldn't matter.
I never told him but I think he knew and felt somehow the same because he told me funny storys and said stuff like it wasn't half as funny as if I would have been there afterwards. It sounds really guy but it was the only real friend I ever had. He eventually left too more and more. When High School was over everyone loses some friends I guess but for me it was hell. I had no one. Nobody cared about me afterwards and I even missed going to school everyday, just because I see some people there. Nobody felt like remaining contact with me so I basically didn't even have opportunities to meet new people at partys or whatever.
In university I found some guys I could talk with but none of them are friends. We don't go drinking or something after class. I guess everyone already has their set of friends back from HS.
>>
I think I have depression because my predominant emotions are sadness and emptiness, and I've been suicidal to varying degrees since I was 11. I tried to do something about it, the psych ward stabilized me, the outpatient program was fucking stupid and didn't help at all, and the meds barely do anything. I'm on like 300 milligrams of Seroquel right now and I don't even feel tired. SSRI's are a well orchestrated lie, and if the Wellbutrin is going to do anything, it hasn't yet.
>>
>>27979520
You're probably really quiet and low energy IRL and with your online buds I assume

I was with my super-normie gf (I know get out reeee) the other day and we went to pick up her drunk obnoxious friend. Once we got home she said she was bit annoyed at how grumpy I was, I just didn't really feel like talking. I was in a quiet mood is all.
>>
>>27979548
Why are you sad and empty all the time? Can you try to explain it from a logical standpoint?
>>
>>27979539
So why aren't you doing anything to get some friends? At least start online?
>>
>>27979520
>>27979586
Apparently everyone who isn't a normie fag or not talkative has depression.
>>
>>27979643
Do you think I fucking know? If I knew and it was an easily solvable problem, I would've done something about it you idiot.
>>
>>27979185
>Why do you think you have depression? Why aren't you doing anything about it?
>>>
its like asking "you have aids, why arent you doing something about it? you have bone cancer, why arent you doing something about it?" theres nothing you can do. depression is a terminal illness. once you have it, you have it for life.
>>
>>27979757
I said TRY even though you may not know. I'm curious to see how will someone with depression rationalize it. And no, knowing the cause doesn't mean you have the motivation to do something about it.
>>
>>27979820
So you still want me to explain something I don't understand even though I told you that I don't understand it. Nice understanding of how logic works.
>>
>>27979799
>le everything is impossible and you should just lie down and die because I'm a worthless lazy sack of shit who is projecting his inadequacy
>>
>>27979397
stayed there for 3 weeks got put on antidepressants and antipsychotics that I hate taking so don't take them as much as I'm suppose to. I got called introverted by some 40 year old moms who were nice and got called a physicopath because I don't talk by a gross 50 year old who should kill herself
>>
>>27979879
Maybe the meds actually contribute to your depression? Why are you still taking them if you can't notice a change for the better?
>>
>>27979665
I can easily talk to the few people I know but it's hard to talk to others. There are a few people I'd like to hang around with and we occasionally did something together but I just don't know how to actively start friendships. It's even worse with girls. I just can't talk with girls I have interest in (unless I'm drunk).
The friendships I had in HS just somehow happened I guess.
>>
>>27979185
The biggest issue for me is the cyclical nature of whatever is affecting me. When things are bad, I don't want help. When things are good, I don't need help.
>>
>>27979872
I wanted you to rationalize something you don't understand so that I could interpret it like a Rorschach test, but for my own reasons. If you don't want to do it, that's fine.
>>
>>27979938
I'm only taking the antidepressants they help a little but not a fuck ton. I've only been on meds since I went there.
>>
I've wondered if someone would call me depressed, I prefer feeling apathetic and sad; melancholy is my most commonly experienced emotion. I probably have some other disorder though. Depression doesn't sound right, more flattened than depressed.
>>
>>27979185
I do have depression.
And I am on cymbalta lithium klonopin and trazadone and its doing absolutely fucking nothing to help
>>
>>27979185
the cause of depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain
having a shit life that you don't change, shit relationships with family or others, feeling like shit about yourself - those are the symptoms.

dumb faggot.
>>
>>27979978
I don't feel like rambling about everything that I hate or makes me unhappy. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>27979991
>trazadone
it helps me actually be able to go to sleep
>>
>>27979991
I would literally suck a dick for some Klonopin right now.
>>
>>27980059
thats why I take it

150 mg at night
>>
>>27979965
>it's hard to talk to others

Why is it hard? Do you have any concrete reason or it's just the fear speaking?
>>
>Been waiting for Police to hire
>Still not hiring
>Decide to go for Specials
>There's a written assessment
>No worries
>A* English GCSE, B English A-level and Law degree
>Go to do written assessment
>Apparently I failed
>I failed a basic English assessment

I don't know if they fucked me on purpose or something but this feeling is the lowest I've ever been. This was the only thing I've been looking forward to for years. This was my reason for getting up in the morning.

Fuck.
>>
>>27979984
Yes, you are very much depressed. I'm the same. Since when do you have it?
>>
>>27980123
just got bumped up to 200mg
>>
>>27979991
Holy shit. Who told you it was a good idea to combine all of those meds? You're trashing your system you idiot.
>>
>>27979185
Mainly because I have a small dick,
Also because no friends or ambition in life.

I can't
>>
>>27980025
That's too bad, because that's the very essence of therapy. And anyone with depression can benefit from it.
>>
Because I masturbate
>>
>>27979185
Cuz I was raised by a single mom and my parents had shit tier genetics (both mentally ill)

Who says I don't? It's just that nothing helps.
>>
>>27980220
Why did you fail basic English? Not your first language or just really dumb?
>>
>>27980275
are you a fucking doctor? no? are you even a pharmacy tech? no? then you don't know what you're talking about and you'd do better to keep your faggot mouth shut or stuffed with cocks.
>>
>>27980279
Why no ambition? You've never had it?
>>
File: 1457870210577.png (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457870210577.png
21 KB, 400x400
>>27979185
Because I cry myself to sleep several times a week and think about what my life could've been if I wasn't such a failure.
What's the point? My "friends" are laughing at my life mistakes, my parents are disappointed with me, I've never had a girlfriend.

Why should I start caring now? I will probably just live with my parents as long as I can, when they decide to kick my worthless ass out I will probably off myself or let some hobo kill me.

Also, I barely know anything of the outside world. I've been raised by the internet since my parents did a shitty job so I don't know better.
>>
>>27979185
I have no ambition. I have no will for anything. I don't have any natural skills. I get no satisfaction from anything. I don't find joy in most things beyond primal urges like masturbation or eating. I don't think I will ever be happy regardless if I am successful. I see no reason in living and I find life to be inherently pointless. I think that death being a selfless void would be better than living a miserable life.

>Why aren't you doing anything about it!
Medication won't work because it's based on beliefs, so a change in chemical ratio won't do anything. I find it hard to finally get on with and kill myself because I always have a voice in my head telling me about the possibilities, though it is getting smaller by the days, and that it would effect the people that love me, and ruin their possibility of finding joy in their ignorance.

I'm 18 currently and if I still feel like this by 40, I'll kill myself.
>>
>>27980397
>>27979991
>I am on cymbalta lithium klonopin and trazadone and its doing absolutely fucking nothing to help

You've said it yourself, you insane dumbass fuck. And I don't need to be a doctor to realize doing trial and error on your own body with a bunch of chemicals isn't healthy. Either cut back on them or get yourself some new meds.
>>
>>27979185
I depression because I have unfilled desires, and a lack of motivation. Working to overcome it.

Therapy, medication tendies, and pot.
>>
>>27980220
They don't tell you why you failed. I have no idea why I failed. I spent three years of my life writing legal essays and doing exams...I did two years before that doing my A-levels, one of which was English.

I'm convinced they fucked me out of it. People passed who could scarcely speak English.
>>
>>27980477
>think about what my life could've been if I wasn't such a failure.

What if you actually did something about it instead of crying yourself to sleep?

>What's the point?
To get out of depression? So that life will be worth living?
>>
One anon on here said something about that depression that intrigued me.
> "You have a bunch of little traumas that piled up on you and caused you to become depressed. I find that most people who are depressed had at least one thing that traumatized them in the past"
now I don't know if any of that's true, because I legitimately cannot remember my childhood, but it made me think.
>>
>>27980489
So you don't do anything besides masturbation and eating? And browsing of course?
>>
>>27979185
I have depression because I hate myself. I'm a failure, I'm weak, and I don't know if I can change for the better. I don't even think I deserve to exist, and would end my life if my family wouldn't mourn me. But it would be better in the long run and I would stop disappointing them.
>>
>>27980612
That's true of literally everyone. So no, it's bullshit.
>>
File: Feelsbadman.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbadman.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
>>27979185

Because I'm chubby, not too chubby, but enough for me to be self-conscious about it, I don't swim anymore because I hate taking of my shirt and I constantly walk around in hoodies, this keeps me from approaching girls and from being overly social with people.

Because I eat like a hog and It's a wonder I'm not obese. I've tried diets and I've tried exercising, but I can only do it for about 1-2 weeks until I get way too exhausted from my work and just say fuck it and drink a beer or coke, then I eat other shit too.

My longest diet was about 1 year, but I kept eating 1 bag of chips every friday along with a bottle of diet coke (1.5L) so that might've sabotaged my diet as I didn't really lose any weight.

I'm not sure what to do, my chubbiness is ruining my life.

Pic is me shirtless from the side.
Warning: Shield your eyes.
>>
>>27980432
No
I never had anything I really wanted to pursue in life. Still don't. Just being going through the motions all my life. Sheltered, isolated with nothing but video games, anime and the internet.
>>
>>27980665
Obviously not.
I find it hard to find joy in things besides eating and masturbating.
I do a lot of other things that are good at distractions from how I feel.
>>
File: 1458701470045.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458701470045.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
>>27980594
>What if you actually did something about it instead of crying yourself to sleep?
Like what? If it counts I tried walking outside in a snowstorm in the woods. I thought it would take my thoughts of suicide away just little, but it didn't do anything.
I've tried going to parties, but it just turns out akward and since I'm a shy guy I usually try to avoid talking with people.
I've tried working on my dad's job and I still can't understand why he hasn't killed himself from working that boring and time consuming job.

I've tried to find enjoyment in things outside of just playing video games, but I have no real friend or friends that I can do stuff with.
>To get out of depression? So that life will be worth living?
Tell me 3 things that are worth living for. So far the only ones that matters to me is vidya, money and my hands for masturbation.
>>
I was, took medicine and now im doing great :D so fuck you :D
>>
>>27979185
Generally don't have many friends. Nowhere near my goals in life. I want to kill myself regularly.

What can I do? Talk to friends and family?
Don't trust them enough to confess how I feel. Won't talk to psycologist or anything beacause I don't trust them at all.
>>
>>27980733
>I never had anything I really wanted to pursue in life

You're not supposed to be born with something special that you have to do in life. You're supposed to discover it gradually. If you feel defeated from the get-go and never start, of course you'll never do anything with your life.
>>
>>27979185
What is one supposed to do when depressed?

Therapy? You'll either be given Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which is basically "Just be yourself!" "Get out there more!" which is only effective for normalfags. Or, they'll just listen and agree with you until they suck all the money out of you.

Jewpills? Ha.
>>
>>27980750
That's because true happiness requires work. Masturbating and eating are just temporary pleasures and nothing to do with happiness. You're just addicted to them in order to distract yourself. True happiness is WORK.
>>
>>27980784
>So far the only ones that matters to me is vidya, money and my hands for masturbation.

You say they matter to you, but do they really? How can they, if they fail to make you happy? Don't you realize they play a big part in unhappiness?
>>
File: 1421356270353.png (79 KB, 375x444) Image search: [Google]
1421356270353.png
79 KB, 375x444
>>27981023
>That's because true happiness requires work.
>True happiness is WORK.
Yessss... hehehehehe
>>
>>27981003
You're supposed to learn about yourself.

The things in your life and mind that brought you to your place in the world. And then see if you want to fix it or not.
>>
>>27981120
thanks for rare jew
>>
>>27980951
Why don't you trust your family at least? Did you try opening up to them, ever? Maybe they shut you down once or twice and you just assumed they don't care about you at all. Maybe you weren't honest or clear enough? Or maybe it hurt them?
>>
>>27979185

>why do you think you have depression

Probably because I'm a boring autist who loves map painting games and hates my job

>why don't you do anything about it

Because I'm too busy making sure that Goldenstein gets his 3rd yacht
>>
>>27980951
keep it that way I have to talk to people now and it is fucking shit, I can't even tell them all the shit because I don't want to go back to the looney bin
>>
>>27980138
Just fear. I know I would do alright if I'd just try it but it doesn't work. I'm too fucking scared, especially with girls. Guys will sometimes end up talking to you so I don't need make the first move for a friendship, but a relationship is just impossible if you can't man up to talk to her
>>
>>27981120
If that's what immediately came to mind when you've heard the word "work", then you're very much hopeless
>>
>>27981249
>If that's what immediately came to mind
No, it was the second time you said it. This part to be more precise
>True happiness is WORK.
>>
>>27979185
i dont have depression i have low self esteem which is a thousand times worse and there is nothing i can do about it
>>
File: 1456005589138.png (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1456005589138.png
7 KB, 205x246
>>27981102
>You say they matter to you, but do they really?
Well, they're the only thing I can do without feeling like shit basically so I suppose I feel a little bit happy whenever I complete a game/cum to porn.

>Don't you realize they play a big part in unhappiness?
These thing don't make me that unhappy. I take it as vidya = fun/joy, money = needed for vidya/food and fapping = some sort of "love" and comfort whenever it's needed.

The problem I have is more the fact that I have to experience the bottom of everything since I'm a failure and fucked up my education. I will never get a good job, which means less money for enjoyment. Without money I will not be able to play vidya, the only thing keeping me sane and from killing myself. I will probably never end up having a girlfriend since I'm a shy loner who hasn't been outside or had a conversation with someone in years.

What makes me unhappy is more the fact that I know that I can't fix it since society is a piece of shit and don't give failures like me a real chance to come back. I never knew what I wanted to become as a child, I never had any dreams, I never did good in school and my parents and teachers didn't seem to care. All I've been doing in my life has been for nothing and I've only done what others have told me to do. I've tried my best my entire life but always ended up failing.

My parents keep telling me to get a job or forcing me to work on their dead-end job. I don't want to do that, I want to do something that feels good for me or get my thoughts of suicide away.

I just wish I wasn't born so that my parents could've lived a normal life without someone like me clinging onto them and wearing them down.
>>
File: feels (74).jpg (23 KB, 600x238) Image search: [Google]
feels (74).jpg
23 KB, 600x238
>>27979185
fucked my life up, no job, Kissless virgin NEET
social anxiety, afraid of telephones, going to jobcenter, be afraid and go home
>>
>>27981313
You fell for the comfy neet threads, I see. Good luck at trying to find genuine happiness without actually progressing in life.
>>
>>27981583
>NEETs only sit home and fap
>Depressed people never try to improve themselves
>You have to work to be happy
These are just some of the memes I see you 'fell' for. I am sure there are more.
>>
>>27981438
Why? You hate yourself?
>>
>>27981515
And you will need more and more stimulation like that in order to distract yourself from feeling like shit. And the stimulation will always need to increase in intensity unless you address the cause. Vidya is not natural pathway to happiness, it's just a dopamine rush that keeps you wanting more. The wanting keeps you distracted and with enough practice you come to think it's the "only thing" keeping you sane.
The cause that needs to be adressed is the feeling of shame, that you're not enough, and low self esteem, that you can't be enough.
>>
>>27981565
How did you fuck your life up?
>>
I don't think depression is real, I don't think aspbergers is real, and I don't think ADHD is real either. Just because I want to fucking kill myself because I hate my life and wish I were dead doesn't mean I'm "depressed." It's a made-up term from a bunch of white guys in the 20th century who want to group us all into a fucking box. I'm not crazy for hating my life and wishing my own death.
>>
kissless friendless virgin with a food phobia
>why aren't you doing anything about it?
i can't even manage to go to a doctor for antidepressants because im too anxious

it's easier just to be alive for 1 hour a day and the rest of the time just waste away in my room
>>
File: feels8.jpg (41 KB, 550x453) Image search: [Google]
feels8.jpg
41 KB, 550x453
>>27981845
last 3 years at school, but failed/will drop out this summer, so have the same shit graduation like 3 years ago, can't get a job.
My parents think I am a lazy fucktard, but I am afraid of anything while depressed.
>yesterday I fight with my father because he attacked me
>>
>>27981643
As a NEET you don't have an occupation that can yield feedback in the form of money as the measure of your success. In order to gain success you need to progress at something useful for others, that's just how happiness works. Every single self-development expert has proclaimed this. Should I trust you, a 4chan poster with an affinity for memes or an expert that has changed the lives of millions of people? The focus on yourself is what keeps you stagnated.
>>
>>27979185
I've been depressed my whole life. Shitty, abusive alcoholic dad, unsupporting and unloving mom. Never had any true friends, was bullied all through school. I always felt like I was never supposed to be here, there just isn't any spot for me in this world.

Now I my anxiety, social anxiety, and depression are getting worse as I've gotten older. I'm nearly 30 now.

I'm on Prozac 40mg, wellbutrin and hydroxyzine but it doesn't help. Just fuck my life up.
>>
>>27981917
Since when has the anxiety started to take a toll on you?
>>
>>27981583
>defines life progression with work
You're a sad piece of shit and you're only justifying your slavery because you have nothing else in your life that's as relevant.
>>
File: feels144.png (89 KB, 625x361) Image search: [Google]
feels144.png
89 KB, 625x361
>>27982016
you can go to gym or learn to fight etc.
>but most NEETs are lazy fucktards and depressed spergs
>>
>>27982016
You're full of shit on almost every count, except that you need feedback as a measure of succes. That one is only partially incorrect. (There are other types of feedback besides money)
>>
>>27981952
Why don't you try telling your parents that you're a retard? Just tell them you're too dumb and you can't focus. The reason they think you're lazy is because they see you with huge potential.
>>
>Why do you think you have depression
Best (and pretty much only) friend moved to another school in last year of High School.
Basically started to walk around by myself and realized how big of a fucking autistic loser I was because I began reflecting on things.
Now over time, reflecting on life has just become this thing that I do all the time, so I keep finding more reasons to kill myself as time passes.

Going to some psychiatrist who gives me meds.
I didn't begin going there for the meds though, what I'm looking for is sessions where I can try to be convinced that I'm wrong.
He tells me that my mind is stuck in a "black box" and that I just can't see the good things outside the box.
Just don't see how that's possible, why doesn't he just explain me the good things then?
Treatment is a fucking meme, and I'm wasting my time on it.
Gonna continue being a living meme until the day I'm 100% sure that it doesn't help at all, and then I'm going to kill myself.
Unless I get better of course, which I'm not sure I will.
>>
>>27982016
This is complete and utter bullshit.
My uncle is a freelance software engineer and earns up to 70+K per year, yet he's been depressed for years.
>>
>>27982098
high school? i was pretty eccentric but at least outgoing in middle school, people generally didn't like me(for good reason) so i just stopped being confident and decided i may as well just kill myself when i grow up
>>
>>27979185
>>27979185
Every day is a struggle that I try to fill with meaningless little bits of escapism to pretend things are alright, I'm probably going to off myself at some point, though it'll be my parents third child to do it, so everyone'll probably just blame them
>>
File: feels23.jpg (60 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
feels23.jpg
60 KB, 648x595
>>27982199
>Why don't you try telling your parents that you're a retard?
I am afraid, how to tell my parents that I am afraid of calling somebody with a telephone or going to the job center.
And talking about depression.
>>
>>27982016
>w-working really makes you happier guys, I promise
>>
>>27979185
You only have depression because you will never experience this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPlr-o-YEQ
>>
>>27982102
>work= slavery

Spoken like a brain dead slave. If you're not rich, you're already a slave. It doesn't matter if you work a shit job or you leech others. You need to work to get to a point where you're not a slave anymore. If you can't achieve it without being a wageslave that's another issue.

>>27982151
You seriously lack reading comprehension. I didn't deny there are other types of feedback. I was saying money is the feedback for being useful to society, which we as human beings need in order to be fulfilled. We've needed that even since before money was invented.

>>27982231
Making money doesn't automatically mean you find meaning in your work. If you don't really care about "making a difference" with your work, or you only care about the money, or you HATE your job, of course the benefit of work won't show up.
>>
>>27982226
>He tells me that my mind is stuck in a "black box" and that I just can't see the good things outside the box.
>Just don't see how that's possible, why doesn't he just explain me the good things then?

What he said is true. You're supposed to find good things to be grateful about as an exercise, surprised your therapist didn't tell you.
>>
>>27982268
>I'm probably going to off myself at some point, though it'll be my parents third child to do it

What the fuck is wrong with your family?
>>
>>27982465
>being rich = freedom
spoken like a true ant.

>oh work doesn't ALWAYS help you
Really clutching at straws here.

You have nothing of value in your life so you're painfully justifying your enslavement because nothing else in your life has value.
>>
>>27982513
So the cure is to literally distract myself from what makes me depressed.
Which means that I'm depressed for a rational reason.

So either
A:
Live aware of the truth and optionally kill yourself to escape from the shithole you live in.

or
B:
Live high on lies and distractions so you don't think about how big of a fucking loser you are.

Hm gee idk
>>
>>27982303
Be honest with them. Tell them exactly how stupid you are. Tell them you will fail if you do it. That way you'll lessen their expectations, even if they'll mock you or not believe you at first.
>>
>>27982465
>. I didn't deny there are other types of feedback.
Don't worry, the rest of your post was completely wrong as well.
Ever considered that you might have just interpreted those so called "self-development experts" incorrectly?
>>
>>27980973
>You're supposed to discover it gradually.
I never have. That's the point.
>>
>>27982561
Why are you triggered at the concept of work? At some point you will have to face the brute fact that if you're able-bodied and refuse to work you are literally worthless as a social being, one that is inextricably linked to human society. Because you are worthless, you will feel worthless unless you constantly numb yourself. That's where unhappiness comes from.

>>27982729
>Don't worry, the rest of your post was completely wrong as well.
Totally shattering argument. Please don't bother responding again.
>>
File: slideshow-us-arizona-flag_0.jpg (54 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
slideshow-us-arizona-flag_0.jpg
54 KB, 800x300
>>27979185

>be autism
>abused from age 4 & up
>molested by multiple people
>sodomized by older neighbor
>untold pain
>incest
>beaten by dad
>beaten at school
>jumped several times
>in and out of group homes
>incarcerated by age 15
>do over a year
>attempts on my life
>get out
>cant adjust
>PTSD kicks my ass
>get married do the family thing
>wife cheats and leaves me
>finally comes back
>im abusive to her like she is to me
>kids fucked up from my raging
>go full disability for PTSD
>meds dont work
>get fucked up by SSRIs
>stop meds
>dick doesnt work right now
>bum knee
>bad back injury
>bad teeth
>no real money for the medical stuff I need
>been investigated by CPS
>been investigated by police agencies
>They turned up nothing, but still
>life is ruined
>Im just waiting to die
>try to make best of everything
>daily nightmares
>even if I nap
>cry all the time
>Hashimotos disease
>fat
>dog needs surgery
>kid needs moles removed
>no money
>went to therapy for years
>since 1983 therapy
>nothing works

Im just really fucked up.

Kill me now?
>>
>>27982579
No, not distraction. The reason you need to find positive things and be grateful is that you're processing most things from an excessively negative point of view. You need it to change your brain to see life otherwise.
>>
>>27979185
What can i do about it?
I try every way to be normie but i still have nofriends or gf

Not ugly not baby face not fat not manlet

Not acting like autist

Its that i really cant find people to meet about
>>
>>27982903
realistic* point of view
>>
>>27982865

Forgot.

>almost lost mom to hepc
>my home was firebombed once
>involved in cartel shit in early 93
>had a friend get shot in my car
>been shot at
>shot at people
>had friends an hero
>had friends get murdered
>lost some to Heroin

Ive seen more shit than a lot of people, and no amount of meds or therapy can fix it.
>>
>>27982770
And if you never start by sampling different things, how do you think you'll find it? Do you think you'll receive an extraterrestrial transmission on what passion you should follow in life?
>>
>>27982952
>I try every way to be normie but i still have nofriends or gf
You're just not trying hard enough bro :^)
>>
>>27979539
Shit faggot same as me. I could be your friend though
>>
>>27982967
Why do you assume I never tried anything?
>>
>>27982963
That's the belief that keeps you grounded in depression. Many people have it. You're likely seeing things as worse than they are, meaning "I will never be happy", "I will never have a good relationship" etc. The exercise of gratitude is intended to overwhelm your negative thinking and eventually adapt to a more optimistic frame of thought which is necessary for growth.
>>
>>27983003
You haven't tried enough or you just gave up.
>>
>>27979185
>unable to converse well
>awful at eye contact
>unhealthy diet (bmi of 14)
>literal faggot
>"ASD"
>afraid of going outside
>incredibly self concious about appearance
>fat lips, red hair

don't worry I'll do something about. Gonna kill myself fairly soon hopefully
>>
>>27979185
I have more than 30k$ in my bank account, zero debts. I moved countries two times already. I am 23. All I want to do is disappear. My day everyday is :
wake up > work > eat > sleep
repeat.
>why aren't you doing anything about it
I will go to Thailand for 2-3 months this autumn. However I know that it's not the place that is broken but me.
>>
>>27983104
At what point is enough actually enough?
>>
>>27982783
>Why are you triggered at the concept of work? At some point you will have to face the brute fact that if you're able-bodied and refuse to work you are literally worthless as a social being, one that is inextricably linked to human society. Because you are worthless, you will feel worthless unless you constantly numb yourself. That's where unhappiness comes from.
I already work as a grip on film sets, so don't patronise me. I know how to work and I've been told that I work well. My unhappiness doesn't come from your understanding of unhappiness. You yourself are most likely unhappy because you wouldn't be in this thread or board in the first place if you have problems, even though you claim that work magically cures it.
>>
>>27982865
What were your parents like? I have a feeling they weren't good.
>>
File: rekt.gif (1 MB, 322x242) Image search: [Google]
rekt.gif
1 MB, 322x242
>>27983180
>You yourself are most likely unhappy because you wouldn't be in this thread or board in the first place if you have problems, even though you claim that work magically cures it.
Damn, wageslaves on suicide watch.
>>
>>27983180
>You yourself are most likely unhappy because you wouldn't be in this thread or board in the first place
Yes I am unhappy, never claimed I wasn't. That doesn't prevent me from finally understanding what happiness consists of at its core. I'm a wageslave who isn't pretending to be happy like this >>27983286 dumb neetposter. Not yet.

>work magically cures it
Nope. I meant progressing through work. If you have a work in which you don't progress (or see no meaning, a means to end) it's unlikely you will attain happiness.
>>
>>27983410
>like this >>27983286 (You) dumb neetposter.
Who says Im neeT?
>>
>>27983186

>my mom molested me
>dad beat the shit out of me
>mom hated men
>mom neglected us
>dad drove drunk a lot
>dad also sold drugs
>mom leaves me and sis with grandma
>grandma raised us for 2 years
>mom was stripping in vegas
>dad took her there like a pimp
>she may have turned tricks too
>dad beats mom so bad
>mom needs a blood transfusion
>this is 1978 or so
>mom gets hepc from blood
>>
>>27983410
>I'm unhappy but my understanding of happiness is truth and you should believe it
What? Happiness is an individual conquest. If you haven't experienced it, why would you expect me to believe your definition of happiness. This makes no sense. With that logic it's like saying "I've never had sex, but I've made my own idea on how it feels, so believe it". My statement still applies. >>27982561
>You have nothing of value in your life so you're painfully justifying your enslavement because nothing else in your life has value.
>>
>>27981170
I don't trust them because i think they would treat me differently.
>>
>>27983597
>Happiness is an individual conquest
>If you haven't experienced it, why would you expect me to believe your definition of happiness

I said I understood happiness through the lens of self-development experts. It's not my own idea I dreamt of last night or something. Happiness is an individual conquest, but as a human you function within some parameters of psychology that define what can bring happiness to you. You may believe something does or doesn't, but until you're not in the know you're just speculating your internal experience. I suggest you do some reading on the aforementioned topic. Then contemplate your own life thoroughly before projecting armchair psychiatrist gems like

>You have nothing of value in your life so you're painfully justifying your enslavement because nothing else in your life has value.
>>
>>27979185
>Why do you think ypu have depression?
I have terrible anxiety.
If I take medication I'd get addicted, I can just stop going outside.
>>
>>27983917
What are you so scared of?
>>
>>27983899
>self-development experts
Are you trying to sell me something now?
Plus, your entire argument is based on armchair psychology from apparent "self-depelopment experts".
I can tell you from someone who does work, and who knows multiple people who are largely involved with their work, that it most definitely does not make you happier.
>>
it was always the way i act, that quite kid. i said i wanted some mood pills but mom doesn;t think so
>>
im living life on auto pilot, guys. i dont think, feel, or want anything.
>>
>>27983990
Again claiming you know better than people who have studied the human psyche and helped millions. Okay friend. I'm gonna let you have the last word so you think you "BTFO" some dude on an imageboard who was only trying to be the messenger. But thanks for replying because you've caused me to put order in my thoughts. Hope you did the same.
>>
>>27979185
I HAVE ZERO FRIENDS
>>
>>27984134
You clearly think something. You wouldn't have been aware you're living on autopilot.
>>
>>27979185
For starters, from the 6th or 7th grade until my senior year of high school, my parents used to get into huge arguments. My dad would could home drunk as shit and accuse my mom of cheating in him. He spent plenty of nights at his brothers. I remember distinctly in several occasions my mom would tell me that when I graduated high school she would divorce "that selfish piece of shit". I remember spending multiple nights listening to them argue and crying myself to sleep. It eventually ended when I had enough and came downstairs from my room screaming at them to stop. My dad fuck this shit I'm out, but came back the next day saying things were gonna be different. They don't argue as much and are still together, but I get the feeling they both secretly hate each other

As a result of this, I never really wanted to talk to them and found more comfort and enjoyment being by myself or playing vidya. So much to the point I'd rather stay home than hang out with friends. I also remember creating my own imaginary world in 6th grade with detailed characters and a story that lasted me up to senior year. It was autistic as fuck, but looking back on it, I spent more time in that world, thinking of what would happen next than I would about real life; thus hindering my social and mental development.

I went to college for a year, the military for a year, have been on several meds that did nothing, been to a therapist, been to a psych ward twice, and even got put in the military's version of AA. Only thing I felt that helped was the therapist, but I will NEVER go near anyone or anything that could put me in a psych ward ever again. It does not fucking help at all.

I work at a computer repair shop with my friend, but I absolutely hate the job and am too scared to quit. I've been looking for other jobs, but nothing that I would like ever pops up. It's getting pretty close to the point where I'm probably going too kill myself during my trips to my parent's house (guns).
>>
>>27979185
I fell for the wagecuck meme.
At least my weed habit is easier to support.
>>
>>27984052
You were emo or just autistic?
>>
>>27984169
What lead you to no friends? You or them?
>>
>>27984312
What does weed do for you?
>>
>>27984370
Both, I'm very shy, I don't have FB, I work with +40yo dudes in a factory. My life is doomed
>>
>>27984146
>"Hello I was wondering if you would like to buy are anti virus computer software it has been recommended by many computer experts and has millions of success stories around the world it starts at a fee of 50$ plus a free software bonus pack are you interested in purchasing sir?" he said in an Indian voice
>>
>>27984473
>ignorant about [insert any subject]
>claim the other side is wrong because marketing exists around [any subject]
>marketing exists
>audience proceeds to clap as the opponent ducks away in shame
>>
>>27984146
>Again claiming you know better than people who have studied the human psyche and helped millions.
Not that anon but like I told you before there are 2 possibilties:

A. These so called "self-development experts" you listened to are a fraud and have no scientific basis.

B. You fit their conclusions to your narrative or misinterpreted it.

Either way, stop posting here as you are trolling people at best, and baiting people into terrible advice at worst.
>>
>>27984636
You have presented exactly zero (0) arguments, so I'll just go ahead and ignore your dumbass posts
>>
>>27984658
>You have presented exactly zero (0) arguments
I have, you just forgot about them I think.
>>
>>27984665
I have nothing to forget since I have your posts in plain view, dumbass. You've only spouted ad-hominems and unsupported statements on top of not contributing with any advice even though you took jabs at mine.
>>
>>27984740
>You've only spouted ad-hominems and unsupported statements
Where did I do that?

And do you consider your statements "supported" just because you heard some self-development 'expert' say it?

You want me to give advice to depressed people? Fine

It doesn't get better, wageslaving for no reason will make it worse. Don't do things because other people tell you to do it but because you honestly want it.
>>
>>27984944
You can't wageslave "for no reason". The reason is usually because it has become necessary. But whatever you do at work and with the money you earn, make sure you're growing in life.
>>
I don't have a disease. Depression is a perfectly normal reaction to lack of male bonding, lack of purposeful work, lack of positive family values and lack of a reason to start a family.

Basically depression is a diagnosis cooked up by Jews to convince you that you are the problem not them.
>>
>>27979185
SSRIs can fuck your shit up, I rather talk to a therapist.
>>
>>27980138

Because as soon as you innocently say the wrong thing or be awkward people look at you like you're a digusting piece of garbage.
>>
>>27985176
>Basically depression is a diagnosis cooked up by Jews to convince you that you are the problem not them.
This. Depression is as much as a disease as obesity is. It's just that obesity is a whole lot easier to 'cure' (eg. just dont eat) than depression is (eg. just b urself)

This why it is extremely triggering to see tumblrites claiming they got depression like it is something you can incur with no apparent causality. Vid very related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvYr5_HTCk
>>
I'm fat, but cute (ofter called beautiful by girls), i'm an atheist living in an islamic country and i've never got a GF. I'm way too picky and i loose my spaghetties quickly once i find a good one
Plus i'm 18 and i smoke a pack a day to die faster
>>
>>27985176
Depression is a reaction to something, but at the same time it causes those things. And it causes you to not want to get out of it. It self propagates and turns into a complex lifestyle which is the reason it's so damn hard to fix up.
>>
>>27985225
That's the social anxiety talking. You're afraid of being judged so you become sensitive to the smallest reactions of people, even to the point it makes you misinterpret people as constantly hostile
>>
Intense stress. Isolation. Genetics. I miss my brother.

I am. I take lexapro and have been trying to keep my room clean.
>>
Some things from my past, ghosts / demonic interference, mind control, just your typical stuff
>>
>>27985176
>>27985221
I'm convinced that or ople like this have never had depression. When you actually have depression, your thoughts become irrational, you can't think, you can't function, you can't feel emotion at all. SSri's become a necessity because you will kill yourself if you don't take them.
>>
I just miss my ex so much

i guess ill get over her with time
>>
>>27984248
Don't kill yourself man. Have you tried lexapro?
>>
>>27985359
>claiming they got depression like it is something you can incur with no apparent causality

I don't watch those videos, but that part is right. The causality may not be apparent because depression is a complex lifestyle thing. Its origins are buried somewhere in your past and it has become a systemic problem.
>>
>>27985476
Why the stress and isolation?
>>
>>27985504
There's a bunch of ethereal whale demigods that leave skidmarks on my sheets. I dreamed of them many times. Do you think they're responsible for messing with my third eye and giving me depression?
>>
>>27985607
>I don't watch those videos,
Watch the vid, you will know what I mean.

She claims that despite having a wonderful life, great friends, great vacations, great career etc she "got" depression out of fucking thin air.

It would be hilarious if it didn't make depression lose all it's meaning desu
>>
>>27985605
No. And I'm not going to go back on meds ever again. They fucked with my head so much that I am more terrified of their effects than I am being in my current state of mind.

I honestly doubt I'll get better unless I fuck up the attempt and magically decide life is worth living.
>>
>>27985416
Go to Germany or Sweden. Women will literally leave their boyfriends and families and throw themselves at you.
>>
Depression and addiction run in the family. I was born with hyperhidrosis and Raynaud's. Started taking drugs around puberty to cope with the symptoms and accompanying depression/social anxiety. Then came the real depression and addiction :)
>>
>>27985637
Go to an "elite" (a.k.a. bourgeois) liberal arts college that's filled with douchebags. Loads of work all the time. Depressed so I procrastinate until the work gets to be too much so I don't do it, which makes me feel worse. In the middle of nowhere so I can't go waste my time in bars or make friends outside of school.

Can't relate to anyone. I'm from the south, studying in the northeast. Most people here are either douchy rich kids from ny with detestable personalities (I'm used to being around a bunch of rich assholes in high school, but at least those people were funny and charismatic. These people are fucking awful.) or fucking nerds who don't drink and are, likewise, devoid of charisma. Maybe there are some people out there I could be friends with, it's just nearly impossible to find them because the only people I hang out with (i.e. Drink with) are asocial like me.
>>
>>27985704
Yeah, that's not depression. More like a blockage or a frustration of some kind. Women love to blow it out of proportion to get attention. Unsurprisingly, people empathize with them more whereas men usually get the cold shoulder or some inspiring platitude like "man up".
>>
>>27985826
Did people make fun of you because you sweat more? Or what's the problem here?
>>
File: 1444752336254s.jpg (3 KB, 125x87) Image search: [Google]
1444752336254s.jpg
3 KB, 125x87
>>27985891
*cough*
*cough*
Sorry I think I have a cold
>>
File: sammy davis jr.png (10 KB, 141x150) Image search: [Google]
sammy davis jr.png
10 KB, 141x150
>tfw black

I've reached the point where I've realised that no amount of personal success or charisma or kindness will ever make me an individual.

I'll always be lumped in with every other member of my race and labelled a nigger who's just one bad day from chimping out.

I'll always be nothing to women but an experience or a big black dick -- a sexual plaything whose personal feelings are ultimately meaningless.

I'll always be bombarded with charts and graphs and news reports reminding me of how inferior I am and how my race is ruining everything for everyone.

I'll never feel a sense of camaraderie with anyone because I'm too white for black people and too black for white people. Even in my groups of friends I'm "the black guy" whose identity comes secondary to his race.

I'll always have nagging doubts about everything I do which have been built up by years of being told I'm either a piece of shit or a poor stupid animal who needs to be protected by glorious whites.

Why even keep trying to be my own person? I don't see why I should give a shit anymore. These days my life consists of university work broken up by browsing anonymous imageboards that hate my guts, watching TV, playing video games, masturbating and visiting prostitutes whenever I have enough money so I can feel something besides hollowness.
>>
>>27986483
Go the Michael Jackson route and then just b yourself.
>>
Amen brother. At least you're black. It's trendy
>>
>>27986307
What, are you saying I'm a normie? ?
>>
>>27979185
doctors started telling me I did since I was 13

I had no friends, I still don't
I failed college 3 times, and haven't tried again because I can't afford it

hopefully I'll work out a painless way to suicide (uk so no guns)
>>
File: 1449720798413.jpg (22 KB, 463x463) Image search: [Google]
1449720798413.jpg
22 KB, 463x463
>>27986483
Why you gotta hurt me like this?
What even is the point some times?
Can't even complain about it because we apparently are unable to feel emotions either.
>>
>>27987110
That's le trashman. He trashes people's CVs.
>>
>>27980708
bro, honestly, it's not that bad. it's not great, but you just look like a normal somewhat overweight person.
>>
>>27979185

Because I can't possibly score any higher on the DASS-21, If I could I probably would.

I tried everything I could. I've given up.
>>
>>27987303
people with true depression are disgustingly underweight. Sometimes when I was depressed (not drinking or doing drugs) I couldn't even make a bowl of cereal for myself and would sit there starving for hours.
>>
File: 1455985589053.png (281 KB, 406x960) Image search: [Google]
1455985589053.png
281 KB, 406x960
>>27980138
Your hearts in the right place you know trying to help people out but let's be realistic. Everyone already has their own group of friends by this stage, like he said, from high school or whatever, they aren't looking for more friends, unless you yourself also have a number of friends for it to be worthwhile. You have to have money to make money, and you have to have friends to make friends. If you tried really hard, acting confident, were funny, then sure you could probably make your way into one of these groups of find a friend, but if you're here on r9k, act defeatist and give up easily (like me) there's probably not much chance.
>>
>>27988209
>people with true depression are disgustingly underweight
Nah not necessarily. I am a living testimony to this
>>
>>27985464

Lol, you're naive.

Some people are nice, but a lot of them are really shitty. Generally IDGAF, but if someone obviously dislikes my talking to them, and I don't like them either, why should I?

The reality is that for wide swaths of people, if you don't talk, act, dress, fit in perfect like a perfect automaton they with mercilessly pick on you constantly.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.