[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you're the boy with the thorn in his side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: smiths-feel.gif (40 KB, 1136x1536) Image search: [Google]
smiths-feel.gif
40 KB, 1136x1536
>tfw you're the boy with the thorn in his side
>>
File: melas for one.jpg (58 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
melas for one.jpg
58 KB, 640x960
what is ops favourite smiths song?
>>
>>27979178

Not OP, but mine is Asleep.
>>
>>27979209
First responder here, mine is also asleep; it got me through a lot of shit for the past 10 years.
>>
>>27979209
>>27979251
Dude I love perks of being a wallflower omg did you guys see the movie?!!?
>>
>>27979209
Such a beautiful track, but it never got much attention cause it was a b side.

I have always loved "you've got everything now" cause at least it seems like he's sympathizing with me

I love you Morrissey
>>
>>27979274

Man, feck off. I just legitimately like The Smiths. I read that book over ten years ago. Never watched the film.
>>
>>27979274
Fuck off, this has the potential to be a good thread please don't ruin it, I need this
>>
File: 1459784155723.jpg (7 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1459784155723.jpg
7 KB, 250x240
Well I wonder is also slightly overlooked, just like a lot of good solo morrissey stuff, like most of bona drag. And perks of being a wallflower was okay, not nearly as good as donnie darko tho.
>>
>>27979178
Not op but mines "This Charming Man"

BcuZ low key I want a qt to think about that song when they think of me

I'm kinda gay aren't I ?
>>
>>27979319
God, the falsetto at the end of well I wonder. It's so eerie but perfect. It makes you feel like all the hair on the back of your neck is standing up but it's okay because Morrissey's suede velvety voice is wrapping you up in a blanket
>>
File: image.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 337x338
Most feeliest Smiths track for moi is I Know It's Over desu
>>
File: smiths thread photo.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
smiths thread photo.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
I know its over is pretty good. Anyone else got any good smiths posters?
>>
>>27979359
Oh mother I can feel the soil falling over my head
Oh mother I can feel falling falling
Over over over

There's a couple live versions where it really looks like Morrissey starts crying singing that
>>
File: ddd.jpg (40 KB, 163x225) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
40 KB, 163x225
best smiths song

https://youtu.be/NQwsiIlIfH8
>>
>>27978861
You realize Morressey is a literal child rapist and boy fiddler.
>>
>>27979392
>>27979359
>>27979407

These are the lyrics that get me desu

If you're so funny
Then why are you on your own tonight ?
And if you're so clever
If you're so very entertaining
If you're so very good-looking
Why do you sleep alone tonight ?
I know...

'Cause tonight is just like any other night
>>
>>27979436
and that makes you suprised that robots identify themselves with him and his music?
>>
>>27979468
Yeah, the whole of asleep works for me. It gets me through every sad moment, it makes me feel better for being lonely. There is a better world, there must be...
>>
>>27979436
>boy
Instantly dropped him. Thanks for telling me Anon, I only support girl lovers.
>>
>>27979436
>implying that just because he's an obvious fruit he also rapes children
>>
>>27980033
99.9% of all homos are into boys
>>
>>27978861
I've been listening to well I wonder and pretty girls make graves repeatedly, all day.
>>
>>27980076
just like 99.9 of hetero dudes are into "girls", i.e. post-pubescent but underage girls. True pedophilia is not endemic in homosexuals, although I would contend that there are many homosexual pedophiles. Regardless, you're pulling that statistic out of your ass.
>>
I listen to The Smiths/Morrissey in the car a lot. I have awful anxiety while driving and it kind of chills me out. It's mostly been Bona Drag and Your Arsenal the past few weeks.
>>
>>27980209
homos are also into scat and sometimes they intentionally catch and spread hiv

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugchasing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 953x953
Favorite Smiths song is 'Heaven knows im miserable now'
Favorite Morrissey song is '(Im) the end of the line'

Pretty comfy band/singer to.bh
>>
>>27980265
heteros are also into scat, my guy. there are plenty of degenerates on both sides of the spectrum. but I can tell you just don't like homos so there really is no convincing you. whatever, ideologue. think a little more abstractly sometime.
>>
>>27980358
My favourite album cover of all time, dont care for the other one. Anyone read morrisseys autopbigraphy? I loved it.
>>
File: 1359405567241.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1359405567241.gif
1 MB, 300x225
Best song coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQ6RRhNE9o
>>
>>27979178
please don't ruin the smiths for me, tumblr teens have almost done the job
>>
>>27980847
meant for >>27979274

anyway favorite song is the boy with the thorn in his side or handsome devil
>>
My favourite song is What she said
>>
I feel sister im a poet is pretty influential but not really listened to.
>>
Used to be a Sweet Boy
>>
>you will never hug Morrissey on-stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaijrcMEoGk
>>
The best part of the smiths is the instrumentation the lyricism is secondary and that's why morissey on his own sucks donkey dick prove me wrong
>>
>>27981271
You still have a chance. First step is going to one of his concerts
>>
>>27981285

That Some Girls Are Bigger Than Other riff was totally wasted
>>
>>27981285
I think both are equally important.
>>
>>27981326
That is true, i dont know why he chose to talk about fat girls for some reason, but it was more to do where he was from, where fat girls were mean.
>>
>>27981271

I know he's said he love people going on stage but he looks tense and pissed in all of those shots lmao
>>
>>27981327
I disagree, I would have enjoyed the smith's instrumental's without morrissey's input. You of course can't separate the two of course, Marr is the kind of writer I try to be - he tailors his music to who he's writing with. He's able to follow thematically and rhythmically while still leading melodically. He's like the opposite of the classic lead guitarist, he writes guitar parts more like a bassist would write guitar parts.
>>
>>27981598
I also would have liked the instrumentals without Morrisseys input. I also like Morrisseys vocals without Johnny Marrs instrumentals but both aren't as good alone as they are together.
>>
>>27981435
Probably because there's always the possibility of some lunatic going on stage and killing him. And because it's pretty unexpected
>>
>>27981326
Couldn't the song also be about some girls having bigger tits than others?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.