[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self improvement thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: avarysadfrog.png (151 KB, 507x348) Image search: [Google]
avarysadfrog.png
151 KB, 507x348
>23 yr old neet
>parents are sick of my shit and soon kicking me out
>sick of watching cartoons and fapping all day but don't have the drive to change it

Motivate me to fix my life r9k.
>>
Killing yourself is the only permanent fix.
>>
>>27976189
i'm keeping this only as a last resort
>>
>>27976182
killing yourself is cheap, easy, and you'll get out of so much shit later on in life
>>
Have you tried killing yourself? That may help
>>
File: fitness guide.png (689 KB, 3664x2552) Image search: [Google]
fitness guide.png
689 KB, 3664x2552
>>27976182
have a fitness guide for your troubles

it's best to get in a routine and slowly change your pattern over time read this http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
>>
Just Kill yourself pussy
>>
>>27976182
just get a gf it helped me
she gave me motivation and everything was easier with her supporting me
>>
>>27976298
but when she inevitability dumps you you'll feel worse than before
>>
Lifting wont make any difference, I can tell from experience.
>>
>>27976333
Yeah but exercising and having energy and going outside in the sun will help
>>
>>27976333
Exercising can help with depression and can improve your discipline
>>
Don't bother it dosen't get better
>>
>>27976333
Lifting has helped me. It's not a panacea, but I feel people respect me more now.
>>
>>27976182
>at 16, I used to play video games and jack off at home daily
>shit at studies, knew how to socialize but go through phases of normie party goer and complete awkward NEET
>kicked out at 16 for family issues and arguments
>decided that out of spite, I would live just to come back stronger down the road
>work odd jobs, as a mechanic, as a baker, as a cashier, hated them all
>made the jump to chef, and realized a passion for cooking
>since then I've worked in different kitchens
>don't enjoy the hard work but enjoy learning more about cooking everyday
>start being stable
>able to pay off rent, bills, and even have a little bit left to spend on whatever I want
>on my free time I practice both piano and guitar, consider myself pretty proficient
>go to the gym once a week
3 years from the day I was kicked out I find myself in this comfortable spot where I know what I want to do for the rest of my life, have the realization that everything of this I earned through my own blood sweat and tears
In 3 years I lived more than I ever did in 16
I know I may come across as a boast, but remember that the mindset you faggots have are all borne from the rut you always find yourself in. Being a cynic when your life is shit and finding other people who are in the same boat feeding off the same negativity is a horrible cycle. The only way to break yourself out of that mold is to make a leap, make a decision to step out, find your passion, find out what makes you happy, and work for it.
>>
>>27976182
Self improvement has only changed the way other people see me, not the way I see myself.

I have like five separate internal dialogues now tho, so I might just be crazy.
>>
>>27976255
>I'm about to be kicked out by my parents and need to form basic adult habits to survive
>lol just lift brah, that'll do it
FUCK OFF
>>
get even fatter and cut your dick off. now you are a part of the tumblard community as transfaggot.
>>
>>27977206 Solution for the lazy and sexually loose.
>>
>motivate me
no one can motivate you but yourself you lazy shit. I hope you enjoy the streets you freeloading shitstain
>>
>>27976497
Amen, brother.

The additional female attention does not go unnoticed
>>
File: 1327875087765.png (11 KB, 410x284) Image search: [Google]
1327875087765.png
11 KB, 410x284
>>27976298

>just get a gf
>>
>>27976182
I don't have to do shit. If you're sick of watching cartoons and fapping all day that's motivation enough for doing anything else for a change.
>>
Stop believing in concepts like "motivation". Short bursts of motivation might help you accomplish small goals, but in order to achieve long term goals you need to build a routine.
What's the biggest thing you accomplished so fat?
Most likely it's graduating high schools/college or at least staying in school for 8-10 years until you dropped out. It's actually really impressive how much time we spend with so much boring shit, but we don't see it as anything special, because it just feels normal to us. Something we do out of habit. Noone watches motivational youtube videos to convince themselves to go to school, you just go because you're used to it and don't really think about it that much.
If you want to actually get anything done and not just obsess over the idea of improving for a week until you slowly lose motivation and stop giving a shit again, you have to learn how to make a time schedule, write down what exactly you want to do, when to do it and then just stick to that for a couple of weeks. Don't even think about whether you're motivated, just do the thing. Sooner or later doing the thing will be natural to you and you'll even feel weird when you're not doing it.
>>
>>27978684
I hear you, but it's hard for me because internet has ruined my brain. I can't concentrate or focus on one thing for extended periods of time, be it studying or simply cleaning my room, soon i get bored with it and I need stimulus for something else.

Shit I even have 30 tabs open at all points and don't even finish reading them through.
>>
>>27976182
Kek m8, I doubt even our motivation will motivate you. Just ask your parents too help you nail a job do that you can at least pay them a bit of rent.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.