[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That soul-crushing moment when you come to the realization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1451906032174.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451906032174.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
>That soul-crushing moment when you come to the realization that you will never live in a beautiful, untainted oceanside village subsisting solely on cooperating with your fellow villagers in the material-rich earth unburdened by rampant industrialization
>You will never gaze off into the sunset, remembering that you don't have bills to pay, don't have to look/hold a job, or have any real troubles in the world

Why
LIVE
>>
>cooperating
>fellow
>villagers
>>
>>27975442
That's super magic OP, that's why I love the start of the first kingdom hearts.
>>
>dont have to have a job

Well, you technically will need to gather food, build shelter, etc. which is basically work anyway. Still its probably more satisfying doing that with your fellow villagers than a 9-5.
>>
>>27975442
listen you stupid cunt, all that stuff about living in a material-rich earth unburdened by rampant industrialisation only makes any fucking sense if you never have to protect yourself or your village. In fucking reality (where people kill each other over trivial shit) there has never been anything like this.
>>
>>27975545
a lot of areas are have been relatively safe throughout

if there are abundant resources theres not much reason to risk your life invading someone else's village
>>
>>27975565
(citation needed)

original oregano
>>
>>27975593
Common sense?

It's places like the Middle East with limited arable land that have the most warfare.
>>
>>27975442
i grew up in a small fishing village in coastal florida. i don't understand the love for the beach aesthetic, it is NOT comfy and it brings out the absolute worst type of normalfag. believe me having no seasons and eternal summer is its own special sort of depressing, you'll like it at first but it gets real old real fast.
>>
>>27975630
That's because the U.S., and especially Florida, is a degenerate society.

Living in an untouched traditional fishing village in Fiji or somewhere would be different.
>>
>>27975630
>florida
Found your problem senpai.
>>
>>27975442
I agree OP. Btw. where's that image from?
>>
>>27975651
the normalfag comment aside i'm talking about the general atmosphere, not the people or the society. i grew up in the fucking keys bro, one of the less populated ones too. literally the exact type of tropical "paradise" you're describing. believe me, it's not cool or fun it's just hot and bright for months on end with the only respite being thunderstorms. oh and red tide. every other year or so your entire town gets to smell like dead ass fish for months and there are flies everywhere. coastal life sure is bliss.
>>
File: 1408919121869.jpg (567 KB, 708x826) Image search: [Google]
1408919121869.jpg
567 KB, 708x826
>>27975565
You still have to protect yourself and your shit from people who don't have as much as you do.
>>
>>27975565
>if there are abundant resources theres not much reason to risk your life invading someone else's village

Right, that's why resource-rich areas like the Democratic Republic of the Congo are so peaceful
>>
>>27975630
>>27975734

Grew up just north of Miami, and I agree. The beach is incredibly overrated, it gets pretty boring when you can just walk down there every weekend. I didn't mind the hot weather though, I loved being able to just wear a t-shirt and basketball shorts year round
>>
>>27975630
>no seasons and eternal summer is its own special sort of depressing

Can confirm, it does something to people
>>
Man I've wanted the exact same thing since 2003 when I was just an 8 year old exploring in Wind Waker and Pokemon Ruby. Feels like the whole 'tropical' aesthetic was idealized throughout the early 2000s.
>>
>>27975614
read a book you fucking retard

try this one: http://www.amazon.com/Why-They-Kill-Discoveries-Criminologist/dp/0375702482
>>
>>27975442
The ocean will rust a lot of your metal , especially if you live in a country around the equator and use the wrong sorts of alloy. Net fishing with the locals is pretty baller though.
>>
>>27975442
One of my favorite wallpapers, although can't remember the last time I used it.

Also I'd love to live next to the Pacific. Somewhere like Hawaii or Okinawa (preferably Hawaii because English speaking). It's a shame I'll probably never do it though. Hawaii looks comfy as fuck if you ignore the tourist resorts.
>>
I spent some time living in Tonga, it's an amazing feel. A special kind of freedom.
>>
/r9k/ village when?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.