[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go outside for once >walk into plumbing/electrical/construction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: whatt.png (73 KB, 181x194) Image search: [Google]
whatt.png
73 KB, 181x194
>go outside for once
>walk into plumbing/electrical/construction company in your town
>apply for apprenticeship
>get the job because you're white, can speak english, have a drivers license, and don't do drugs
>you get $12+/hr starting with all benefits including schooling
>literally like joining the military without the commitment
>do this for 4 years, making dosh, getting paid to take a class a week, end with $20/hr
>take your journeyman exam
>pass
>now make $45,000+ per year just from one job working 8 hours a day anywhere in the world because trades can't be outsourced or automated
>do this for 5 years and become master
>be 30 or whatever
>start company related to your field
>pull in middle 6 figures, more than a doctor

Why you fags care about college so much just to make money and not care about what you're majoring in anyway, I'll never know.
>>
>>27975307
I just saw a thread where a guy was asking if "pajama jeans"(jeans made of soft cotton) were "legit" because regular ones are too rough.

Something tells me these aren't the types of people to take up trades.
>>
>>27975307
>le anyone can start a business meme
>>
>>27975307
>have a drivers license
can't drive b/c shitty eyesight
>>
>>27975307
>walk into construction site
> le demand a job
> get a job

lol what kind of fucking bullshit is this? this absolutely never happens.
>>
>>27975307
i earn 25k a year doing a basic factory job, that requires no qualifications. i can drink all i want, smoke all i want and drive everything i want.
why would i even consider doing anything else?
>>
>>27975745
You could make that working at Walmart and not do half the work.
>>
File: dumbass.png (123 KB, 1102x336) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.png
123 KB, 1102x336
>>27975738
Reading is hard I guess

Regardless, apprenticeships for jobs like electrician or plumber aren't too difficult to land, at least no more so than any other job.
>>
In my country you need to have studied a trade in high school or went to a trade school to be able to get a job in a trade.
>>
>>27975792
Why is there so much regulation and beauracracy in trade jobs? Gotta have appreteships and journeyman tests and all that shit.

Why can't I just pop in to my local CC and take a damn electrician course
>>
>>27975809
Pretty easy in the USA, at least in my state.
For example, here the only real requirements are that you have:
>HS diploma/GED
>At least a C in Algebra/Geometry
>Driver's License
>Citizenship
http://www.seattle.gov/light/apprentice/ApprenticeshipsOffered/
Easy peasy
>>
You have to be under 20 and have GCSEs in a trade to get into an apprenticeship program in my country.
>>
In the UK at least if you are at least a bit intelligent this is the best way to succeed tbhh.

Obviously I didn't do it. Fell for the stem meme and failed the degree lol.

Wish I had learnt a trade :(
>>
>>27975833
Apprenticeships are required because it's a mix of on the job and classroom learning. It's much easier and effective to train people on how to do skilled labor if you actually give them a chance to do it.

And dude if you think this is bureaucracy you should look into hospital care stuff, that's a nightmare. This is extremely tame, with pretty low requirements.

Also, you get paid during this whole process, so it's superior to schooling.
>>
>>27975853
GCSES in a trade to get apprenticeship.
What. No you don't bruv.

But most companies do only hire teens. However some will hire oldies. BT Royal mail national rail etc
Big guys are viable options
>>
>>27975833
Probably because it takes actual experience to know what the fuck you are doing. You have to figure out what the mexican or romanian fucked up when he built the place then fix it. Every job is a puzzle.
>>
>>27975307
>start company related to your field
>pull in middle 6 figures, more than a doctor
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>27975307
yeah that's a great plan if you can actually manage to start your own company. most people can't though, and while trades labor is great when you're young, it's absolute dogshit when you're past 40 or so. enjoy having completely ruined knees from decades of crawling around doing electrical work.
>>
>>27975912
OP was probably pulling the "more than a doctor" out of his ass, but 6 figures is very doable if you run your own plumbing business, it's good money.
>>
>>27975691
anyone can though
>>
>>27975942
My point was that it's not as easy to just "start a company in your field" to earn 6 figures.
>>
>>27976254
Look, the plumbers I've met weren't geniuses. Of they can do it, I'm sure some spergs on a complaint board can.
>>
>>27975307
I say this to people all the time. I really wish I would have learned a trade.

Now I'm 26 and they're only looking for younger people because at this age I should already be making money.
>>
>>27975307
Where are you from OP?
Original comment right here
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.