[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I propose we shorten "normies" to "norms"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 1434393057934.jpg (253 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
1434393057934.jpg
253 KB, 2048x1447
I propose we shorten "normies" to "norms" and "normie" to "norm".

It's easier to say and doesn't seem so cutesy.

Try it, I'm sure you'll like it.
>>
>>27974737
>easier to say

Do you read every thread here out loud to yourself or something?
>>
the cutesiness is the best part
>>
>>27974826
it's easier to say in your head too
>>
i propose instead of norms we say them other cunts
>>
THE WORD ALWAYS WAS NORMALFAG YOU FUCKING NEWFAGS
>>
>>27974880
even the people who used to say normalfag have moved on to normie. I was against "normie" at first but the normiefags won out and it became the standard

all I propose here is yet another shortening.
>>
>>27974866
them other cunts is too much of a gray area. leaves too much room for them to continue to blend
>>
norm, normie, normal, norman, normalfag, normieshit, normalscum.
take your pick depending on the mood.
>>
>>27974902
norm is better than normie, i can't refute that...
>>
>>27974880
The problem with the fag suffix is that it's often overused by newshitters trying to fit in. Underage fucks on /b/ will greentext their shitty normie personal problems and add fag at the end of every adjective.
>>
>>27974737
I would agree as it would make norms sound with worms (and ensue keks from NEET shitposting), but I would disagree considering I use 'norms' from a diminutive for the nicknames I have for my cats.

But I'm pretty sure if you use norm people around here will understand you mean normie, anon.
>>
>>27974737
What about normos or normalslimes? "Norms" doesn't sound right.
>>
>>27974902
the problem with 'norm' is that it's typically used as a noun already, unlike 'normal', which is an adjective.
therefore, 'look at those norms' is much less distinct than 'look at those normals'.
>>
>>27974969
normos sounds like something some tumblr stacy would use, like "randos"

normalslimes is clearly just a normalfag derivative and is more cumbersome
>>
>>27974971
/3/ would have a totally different conception from it
>>
>>27974971
it will become clear what is meant if 99% of the usage here is means normalfag/normie
>>
>>27974993
Still, we need a vowel in the second syllable if u know what i mean. (english is not my native language)
>>
>>27974737
I'm a fan of "normos" and "normans".

Could also do "normers".
>>
The traditional "normalfag" is best. The word "normie" is a normalfag version of "normalfag".
>>
>>27974737
Why? "Normies" usually does the job.
>>
>>27975024
not really, there's only one syllable. norms would be fine by itself
>>
>>27974737
"Normie's" are individuals who follow societal norms. Norm is already a word. By your logic norms follow norms and a norm follows the norm. Just seems clunky.
>>
>>27975092
there are plenty of words that have similar quirks, it's not really an issue
>>
>>27975092
actually, 'normie's' is 'of belonging to a normie'.
'individuals who follow societal norms' would be 'normies'.
>>
>>27974880
I came here to say this.

I guess an argument could be made that the true original was riaju, which is basically 2ch's term for the same thing, but I'm not sure which came first.
>>
Who really gives a shit you massive faggots?
>>
>>27974853
>say in your head
Oh, so THIS is what autism is like.
>>
>>27976286
are you telling me you don't think with words?
>>
>>27974737
I like it, OP. Like you, I was against going from normalfag to normie, but it slowly grew on me. I accept this new change, and embrace it fully. Fucking norms.

Actually, now that I wrote it out, I'm not so sure. Seems a bit off, I think of "norms" as society norms, not as people
>>
>>27976286
>>27976299
I have seen this meme a few times.
is there really people who do not read every word aloud in their head?
>>
>>27974826
>>27976357
thats a popular way to improve reading speed. Your brain doesn't think in words unless you make it. Reading is interpreting little symbols on paper and you choose to translate that into how it would sound to say instead of merely taking the meaning and moving on.
>>
>>27976466
so you claim not to think in words. putting aside whether that's believable or not, how can you get by not thinking ABOUT words?

are you going to say you don't sometimes think about the word normie, or about something someone said involving "normie"?
>>
>>27976466
True speed-reading is impossible:
http://psi.sagepub.com/content/17/1/4.full.pdf
>>
File: frog.jpg (103 KB, 428x794) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
103 KB, 428x794
No, you should go back to saying normalfag.
Simple catchphrases such as normie, norm, tendie or roastie are bad. They just lead to more memeing and attraction of normalfags who thinks that all this is a meme.
pic related
>>
>>27976493
I didnt say I didnt think in words. I just don't always read them aloud in my head. I can be thinking about what the text is saying in words while reading it.

I just don't need to mouth out the words like someone who needs to learn how to read.
>>
>>27976525
congratulations on doing something every does anyway. we're talking about thinking, not reading
>>
>>27976505
roastie is good
>>
>>27976568
Vaginigger is better
>>
I prefer normos

Sounds better desu
>>
>tfw unironically call people normies in real life
>get the generic cliche normie question of "hey anon why are you so quiet?" by some roastie cunt at uni and I replied "because I'm not a filthy normie like you"
>tfw even got a few of my friends using the word normie now
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.