[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accutane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Is it worth it? I might be going on it next month but I'm kinda scared to. Any robots have experience with this?
>>
It's worth it. It will dry out your skin so remember to use moisturizer on your face, lip balm, and stay hydrated.
>>
I'm 24 and still getting moderate levels of acne. I don't think it's worth it to play Russian roulette just to improve my looks. 2D is superior anyways.

Protip: caffiene and alcohol will fuck your shit up. Avoid if you can manage.
>>
>>27973706
How much this shit cost?
>>
>>27973741
Did you get any long term side effects from it?
>>
>>27973763

Not OP, but this shit just feels terrible as well. Personally I don't do it for the looks, and don't care for women, but I can't tolerate the feeling.
>>
>>27973706
Totally worth it. Luckily the only side effect I experienced was dry skin & nasal mucosa (use ointment to prevent nosebleeds)
>>
>>27973786

There's a shit ton of side effects, but chances are you're only gonna get the more serious ones if you're really unlucky. More often than not you're just gonna get dry lips/skin.
>>
>>27973787
If it's making you feel suicidal then It's probably worth the risk.
>>
>>27973766
Depends on your insurance. You can expect to pay around 500 wo it.
>>
>>27973826
How bad does your skin have to be to get it prescribed? I only breakout on my chin and jawline from shaving.
>>
>>27973825

No, not that kind of feeling. I mean, it's like having chocolate on your face, it gets all sticky and shit and feels all disgusting. Don't really know how to describe it, but it's like in summer when it's humid, my hands get all sticky and shit and I feel disgusted until I wash them.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27973706
I just started Tetralysal (300mg x2 a day), anyone here with any experience with it?
>>
>>27973870
Pretty much as bad as that poor bloke in the picture. Accutane is nothing to trifle with, try a topical anti biotic for mild acne.
>>
Look up Slippery Elm.. it will cure almost any skin condition
>>
>>27973706
Do it fggt
>>
>>27973706
on it now. your skin gets super dry, but Im still getting pimples
>>
>>27973706
Yes. Do a low dose to prevent the side-effects. Think 20 mg. It will take slightly longer to begin working, but totally worth it. Just make sure you continue to stick with it.
>>
There are a bunch of things you can do on your own to increase cell turnover without a tretinoin prescription.

Drinking a gallon of distilled water a day, using bentonite clay masks, gentle exfoliating black soap, mineral supplements like magnesium sulphur iodine, vitamins like huge doses of D, getting lots of sun/light therapy. Starting a juice fast or going vegan. Urine therapy and washing with urine. Sauna/sweating. Anti-oxidant herbs.

Unlike antibiotics or accutane, these are actual ways to fight auto-immunity inflammatory disorders, on top of curing deficiencies related to cell growth only exacerbated by prescriptions. Actually preventing long term injury.

The retin-a does make your pores smaller, and for most this is not really even worth all the back and forth running they put you through.

Accutane does push out subaceus cysts, but they will always still develop again without proper care to never have blackheads and also solving the complex auto-immunity disorder which causes acne.
>>
pros:
>it will absolutely destroy your acne

cons:
>extreme dryness
>seriously you're gonna be dry as fuck
>buy some chapstick and moisturizer because you will need it bad, and drink TONS of water
>muscle pain
>low energy + fatigue
>if you're depressed/anxious it can exacerbate that
>possible link to Crohn's later in life

accutane is basically the final "salt the earth" option
>>
>>27973924
Used to take it. Made me fart a lot. Helped acne somewhat as well.
>>
>>27973706
>men get acne bad
>work hard to get rid of it
>women get terrible acne
>cover their face in tons of makeup to hide it but makes it worse
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.