[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Do Girls Suck At Video Games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12
Simple question really
>>
some of them are above average but they never seem to reach pro levels
>>
>>27972247

Because they aren't playing to get good or even to have fun. They're playing to get attention from men.
>>
>>27972247
Cause they spend to much time trying to figure out how it oppresses them.
>>
>>27972247
poor visual-spacial coordination.
>>
The same reason Americans preferred the NES over the Master System, they're retarded.
>>
They're a small group.
Ask yourself. Why do Indians not excell at CS? They're not that many so the chance of them appearing in the pro scene is low.
Same goes for girls.

I do think there's some truth to the
>girl gamers are just posers
>girls aren't as competitive and just care for the social shit
But that's probably not the general case.
>>
>>27972258

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variability_hypothesis

For any measurable activity, there will be more men both at the very top and at the very bottom. There are more male geniuses and also more male idiots. Women trend more towards the average.
>>
Depends who you ask. A feminist probably say it's societies fault. I just think it's because they're fags that kiss guys.
>>
people aren't gonna like to hear this, but it's because women are stupid.
there is no other way to put it.

women have had their genetics funneled into fertility. they're less physical and less intellectual, but are hardy, can give multiple births and produce milk from their tits, all while looking really good and while not going completely insane (for the most part).

they have natural advantages that men don't have and people still wonder why they are lacking what men have.
nature's balance, it is what it is, you don't have to like it, but it's what is, period.

i'm sure with evolution the rules will change over time. over long, vast, destructive periods of time.
>>
>>27972293
This. This applies to everything.
But we established it applies to games. But it seems very likely. Men are more extreme than women.
>>
>>27972285
>They're a small group.
No, they aren't. They represent almost 50% of all gamers.
Too bad a "gamer" in this context is defined as anyone who has played ANY sort of digital game in the past MONTH. And most of the games girls play are considered casual-tier.
>>
>>27972285
Yet for some reason the only "girls" successful at the pro level have dicks. An even smaller group.
>>
>>27972439
but they're are feminine dicks anon!
>>
>>27972247
because they don't need to play them thus can't git gud
to them life is a video game and they have god mod activated
>>
>>27972394
The "games" they play are candy crush saga clones
>>
File: 1441643786540.png (45 KB, 884x368) Image search: [Google]
1441643786540.png
45 KB, 884x368
they usually possess a lower level of consciousness than men do
>>
I always wondered why they play healers in MMOs. Is it because it's the most submissive role?
>>
>>27972271
Are you this retarded? the master system wasn't even a relevant console the only thing that made sega relevant was the genesis
>>
>>27972483

Because it's almost impossible to fuck up.

>tank has to keep all aggression on him and generally know the dungeon/raid/whatever well enough to not fuck it up
>DPS have to memorize their role to a T. Deal as much damage as possible while also not taking aggro away from the tank. On top of that, they have to do class specific roles such as crown control.
>healers just heal the tank before he dies
>>
File: 1458701630323.png (132 KB, 350x418) Image search: [Google]
1458701630323.png
132 KB, 350x418
>>27972546
not true with tf2 though

medics wins or loses games
>>
>>27972562
>implying Medic is hard
>point heal gun at people
>right click when Uber is ready
>>
>>27972247
Men have a bigger drive to become the best at a game. Women simply enjoy as a casual past time.
>>
>>27972484
Stupid American. The Master System was the best console of it's generation and it is better than the Mega Drive, or 'Exodus' as you yanks called it.
>>
>>27972579
spoken like someone who has never played medic much.In theory it's easy but in gameplay it's a lot different when people kamikaze just to take you out.
>>
>>27972247
girls suck at everything competitive
it's actually very convenient for them that men have the physical advantages that they do. if they were able to directly compete with men in physical activities feminists would go absolutely berserk over how poorly women would perform.
>>
>>27972628
>or 'Exodus' as you yanks called it
lel it was the genesis, dipshit
did an ameribro BTFO you recently or are you just suffering from a flare-up of the chronic butthurt at america that all foreignplebs suffer from?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (58 KB, 949x601) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
58 KB, 949x601
Woman have different brain.
They lack part of brain responsible for space coordination.
They perceive everything in 2D
>>
>>27972394
Yeah. So? Your point? Would you ask yourself 'why do men suck at Barbie cucks Ken despite being 50% of the audience?' if you know very well that they hardly play it?

You're not really facing the issue here. We're talking core games. Nobody is arguing about Farmville.
>>
>>27972675
>feminists would go absolutely berserk over how poorly women would perform.
few things entertain me these days, but that was one of them
>>
poor spatial awareness skills
>>
>>27972801
that doesn't explain RTS and fighting games
>>
>>27972787
Name a single competitive, coed activity where women are the ones who dominate men. Coed as in where men and women are allowed to compete directly, no gender segregation.
>>
>>27972439
>implying
There's some teams out there. They have individual players that may possibly draft for a tier 2 team (talking CS here). But they're stuck in girl only tournaments because sexism (men aren't allowed to ruin those tournaments). So it's not really the case there's no good female CS players. It's just a rarity.
Also look at Scarlett in SC2. Certainly not bad, she was up there last I checked. And let's ignore the memes about her being a man OK?

That kind of thing could also be a factor desu. I wouldn't want to play My Little Pony - Balkan war competitively if little girls would be mean to me and call me a pansy or whatever. At least some of us wouldn't appear just because of that. And it's certainly the kids who are complaining btw. Women aren't illegitimately intruding on esports. Simply doesn't work.
>>
>>27972822
>name one
Anon I don't think you understand the variability hypothesis which were discussing here.
>>
>>27972707
I just think you're retarded for preferring the NES, a crap system with less than seven good games, to the Master System, a great system with one of the best game libraries ever.
>>
>>27972546
Depends on the game m8. Also it's not DPS fault if they pull aggro, that's the tank's fault.
>>
>>27972898
yeah games like uh

phantasy star and that's about it
>>
>>27972869
I don't think you understand the implications behind not being able to name a single competitive activity where when men and women are allowed to compete directly, it's the women who come out on top.

Competitive flower arranging is a thoroughly feminine and female-dominated environment and yet men are able to perform at a top level there
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Ost
He's considered the best flower designer in the world. Even in fucking FLOWER DESIGN men are better.
>>
They dont all suck
I was the best paladin on my server
Got called frequently to sell teams(people pay me and the team to carry shitlords through newest content)
I play multiple classes for raids, i dont like healers though
I made a static that cleared savage raids once

I was literally in the top 10% of tanks for a lot of content in the game when i had time. Additionally i wasnt the only girl there, were at least 2 others playing in top tier teams.
>>
>>27972985
MMORPGs aren't real games fuck off roastie
>>
>>27972934
>the implications
No. You just didn't care to look at what I referenced though. It's completely in line with your claim. That's what we expect to see.
>>
>>27972934
p.s. Also I think there's some shit about a woman being the world's best sports fisher. I don't look at that. Might be bull. But it still doesn't matter.
>>
>>27972985
How do you measure who's best in an mmo ?
>>
Some women are pretty good at video games but you would never know that they are women. For some reason though, women can't seem to perform in esports
>>
>>27973051
Arena Rating is what I assume he's talking about.
>>
What a silly question. They suck because that's what women do.
>>
>>27973082
So pvp rank? Guess that's a good measure.
>>
>>27973051
Check logs for wow, ffxiv and other mmos (fflogs) use parsers in game checks whos dealing most damage whilst still carrying out their role well.
In my case as tank, you keep aggro and do not let anyone take unnecessary damage, but swap to dpsing as much as possible, this way youre effectively a dps and just tank when you have to be, boss falls faster than if you were just focussing on keeping aggro and nothing else
>>
>>27973109
And yes pvp rank also works, raids arent pvp though.
>>
>>27972247
Because they're wannabes at everything and can't do one single thing and keep at it, properly, even less.
>>
>>27972985
Mmos dont take skill they're just casual fodder hope your baiting since your only proving ops point
>>
>>27972985
Get a load of kungen over here
>I was top teir bla bla bla
Let's see a SS of all your server first achievements.
>>
>>27972985
pve is literally learning a set routine of where to stand and when to push a certain button

someone could tell you what to do next over a mic

there a literally no women in top pvp

pvp requires fast reactions, good communication and leadership, and overall more skill than is required in pve

women will always be in top pve because no one likes a sausage fest, even nerds
>>
>>27973181
>no one likes a sausage fest
It's funny how this applies even to the top guilds. Everyone who's in the race for world firsts always has 2 girls.
>>
>>27973203
And it's not too uncommon for those girls to actually be guys. Buy hey, as long as they have female characters and don't mind a bit of roleplaying...
>>
because men have an innate characteristic of competitiveness, both from tesosterone and as a social construct

being an average man is not a good thing, being an average woman is

men populate both the very top and the very bottom in order for good genes to get passed on at the top and bad genes to get squashed out at the bottom

this carries over into alot of activies e.g sports and gaming
>>
>>27973106
Underrated

Robitsblox
>>
>>27973181
Never claimed i didnt play pvp, i did actually, im not saying i was best, i wasnt as into it simply because back then the pvp in the game wasnt as developed as the pve.
I wasnt bad at it, attained something like 3rd on my server for the monthly rankings, when i get more time i am going to start playing pvp in WoW seriously, heck i might even try DotA again.
>>27973157
Its true that pve is certainly more routine than pvp, humans are less predictable for sure, but when youre competing for world first clears of content, you do actually need some skill at your class and knowledge of the game to get there.

And yeah when i was younger (probably you'll laugh at me :^)) but i was no.1 in my country for single battles in pokemon x/y.
OP asked why girls suck at video games, im just saying they dont all stay at casual level or play it because they want boys to notice them, that is a meme
>>
>>27973286
>WoW pvp seriously
I wouldn't for a while, if the Death Knight release is anything to reference then arena will be incredibly lop-sided for the first two arena seasons. RBGs are still fun though.
>X/Y singles
If you used Mega Gengar that is immediately invalidated.

Also only try getting good at Dota if you have a lot of time to spend.
>>
>>27973286
there are outliers with any statistic

as long as you aren't lying to prove something then you may very well be an outlier in this scenario

we're speaking in the general majority here, not specific anecdotal accounts

so the majority of girls are not good at gaming and your anecdotal "evidence" doesnt change anything
>>
>>27972483
plus it's arguably the easiest role, and also a sought after one so you get much attention for being a healer
>>
>diminishing someone's accomplishments
Have we really sunk this far?
>>
>>27972247
I don't look at other women play, but I'll say I'm pretty ass. I'm more persistent and autistic about doing everything in a game as well as collecting trophies/achievements than actually skilled.

The only type of game I'm genuinely good at is platformers because I grew up with Crash, Spyro, Tomba, Sonic, Disney Capcom games and stuff like that.
>>
>>27972928
See, you don't know shit about it. What did the NES have? Two good Castlevania games, uhhhh. I think that's it.
>>
>>27973341
I agree with you if you say most girls, yeah, in every game ive played, every team i joined, every game con i went to most people there were men.
I think that girls just dont play video games as much, why? Fuck if i know i love them, always have. If i were to ask most girls from my university or college what games theyre into, they'd usually give me the "oh i played mario when i was younger teehee" response, most guys would have a much more developed answer.
I think another reason girls dont like pvp is because, at least from my experience, the community there is toxic as fuck compared to pve, theres always someone taunting you after killing you or swearing at you through the voice comms or chat. Some people just cant deal with it i guess.
>>
>>27972247
Because they never played any video games that required skills.

It's taken my wife like 4 years to START getting good at Mario Kart (insisted on using the Wii Wheel in MK Wii, and just now started using a Pro Controller on 8, and is showing improvements). Part of it is her unwillingness to improve in games unless other people are playing, in which she gets slaughtered.
>>
File: chipmunk-s-peanut.jpg (367 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
chipmunk-s-peanut.jpg
367 KB, 2560x1600
>>27973452
>has a wife
>4years
>force her to play video games
what a chad you are sir
>>
>>27973336
Haha thanks for the advice,
Nope i actually used a totally anti meta team, since everyone was using the same pokemon it worked surprisingly well, had a lot of ice moves in there seeing as dragon and ground types were still dominating the singles.
I played YgoPro too, actually if anyone knows what im talking about, i was a dark world dickhead there though :^) so i guess it doesnt count.
>>
>>27973452
I'm just like that. I can't deal with people being better than me well so I play shit like CS or Dota where I can blame others.
I used to play smash but people got better than me at it.

Lately I've not been playing anything but PoE fits me well. Can't wait for a 1 month to start. I just abandon life too much when I play that game though. So I limit myself to 1 months. They're usually more interesting and balanced either way.
>>
>>27973483
I don't force her to play vidya. We have friends over, and on occasion they want to play smash or Mario Kart. She doesn't want to be left out, so she picks up a controller. And sucks.

Everyone tells her to try a different controller (GC or Wii Classic Pro for the Wii, Wii Classic Pro or the Pro Controller for the WiiU). She eventually picked one up, and she started improving. I can still blow her the fuck out, but I would put her slightly above where I was when I first played MK 64 (my first MK) at 10 years old. She can do alright in 100cc at this point. She can also do really well on Excite Bike Arena, even at 200CC.

I wish I still had Double Dash, as that is a great game to learn how to drift in.
>>
>>27973420
ill explain why, just refer to this first (me)
>>27973261

Gaming is just another form of sport, just not physical in the same way

for this reason men are more drawn to gaming. they are drawn to the competitiveness, and winning just like sports and real life

to you its toxic but toxicity or "saltiness" is just a byproduct of competitiveness. you see the same toxicity in sports, just look at any professional sports match e.g soccer in england; people have died in riots over some of the matches

so theres your answer, the reason the majority of girls dont like pvp and arent good at gaming in general is because they lack the innate competitiveness and desire to win which men have. for men being average isnt good, most average men didnt reproduce throughout history and this same evolutionary funnel carries over into alot of things in life
>>
>>27973504
>YgoPro
Holy shit you've run the autism marathon
>>27973530
>I can't deal with people being better than me
>Doesn't have the competitiveness to get better
Sounds awful
>>
>>27973562
Vidya wives make me cringe tbhq
>Just playing so she isnt left out
>secretly thinking about what a manchild their husband is
Sad truth fampai
>>
>>27973581
Then she's also thinking about what children their female friends are who play when we have friends over.
>>
>>27973580
I can deal with it sometimes. Like in quake-like games. I think it's because I was pretty decent compared to the competition when i was younger.
But yeah it's pretty damn awful. Limits my options so much.
>>
>>27973603
doesnt losing piss you off though? how can you stand being beaten into the ground by someone better than you? where is that competitiveness mane
>>
>>27973603
When I started learning Third Strike/Dota/CSGO I got conditioned to essentially internalize all blame whenever I lost. Felt bad sometimes but eventually you get better at what you're trying to do.
>>
>>27973616
Not him, but I don't honestly give a shit when strangers beat me online.

But then, I haven't really played anything online since FEAR released on PS3, and I was starving for something to do with my new console.

That, and Journey.
>>
>>27973596
They all feel like that you stupid shit.
She's probably already looking to replace you with a chad.
>>
>>27972247
They don't, I've played Unreal tournament for over 1000 hours and there is this Russian girl who can still kick my and my friends' ass anytime she likes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OboBUpqNcgs

(She's also a hottie)
>>
girls in general don't like competing even to a slightest level when it comes to playing. that's my theory
>>
File: 4stawk.jpg (9 KB, 65x78) Image search: [Google]
4stawk.jpg
9 KB, 65x78
>tfw zero (0) girls on the miom top 100
>they're literally having segregated tournaments just so some of them get out of pools

Melee is the true autist's game.
>>
>>27973651
Meh, if she was willing to do that, she never would have gone homeless with me (she had options extended to her by family that weren't extended to me). I played vidya up to that point, and she didn't care. She actually really enjoyed NieR and Mass Effect (shy of 3's ending).
>>
>>27973670
>Thinking 1000 hours is a lot in a game with a high skill ceiling
Oh man
>>
>>27973616
No losing just makes me feel really bad. Hard to judge if it's worth it when I win. I was LEM in CS. So now I'm kinda worried about starting to play again because it'd be a struggle.
Desu.
>>
>>27973670
one girl out of however many dudes are better than her

outliers in any statistic mane

your anecdote doesnt prove anything
>>
Come to think of it, I have never met any girl who has redefined the meta in a game or played anything remotely autistic (EVE online). It's all pleb shit. The most interesting game I've heard a girl claim to have played is Tales of Symphonia.
>>
>>27973670
>1000 hours
AHAHAHAHA try 10k hours and if a girl can still beat you it doesn't mean she's good it just mean you're a shit faggot who can't even beat a girl
>>
>>27973688
more than 1000 hours I don't remeber exactly, maybe even 1100-1200
>>
>>27973698
turn that feeling bad into fucking anger and let it fuel you to be better

stop being a pussy bitch and win, there is no greater feeling than bettering yourself and stomping someone into the fucking ground, gaming is literally just a form of fighting get good or die trying
>>
File: 1461009871714.jpg (53 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
1461009871714.jpg
53 KB, 464x464
>>27972719
But 2D is Master Race.
>>
>>27973705
>>27973688

And you wonder why no girl wants you cry babies
>>
>>27973568
Welp maybe thats OPs answer. I dont disagree with this it makes sense, however the "girls all suck and vidya and girls dont play games" statements are memes, some girls do, equally ive seen men that hate pvp and cant stand to play it at all, they love social games or dont play games at all(theres actually someone like that in this thread..)
>>27973580
Yes i have, and no i dont regret it the music was catchy as fuck.
Ive moved on to PoE and WoW for when i finally get out of studying period
>>
i always thought it was hormonal. they lack testosterone so they never have that drive for competition, to better themselves. they would rather just use the games to get attention or be whores and not use games at all.
>>
>>27973731
>tfw you're not good enough at any real sport and waste your life on vidya instead

Maybe I should get into poker or something.
>>
>>27973731
>turn it into anger
I have done that. All it leads to is winning and then team killing my teammates so I get a 24Hr ban (at least). It just takes all the pleasure out of winning to be mad when you do it.
People also think I'm a weirdo for being mad at their shit place. 'it's just a game bru'. Yeah, but I chose to be mad.

It's not a good choice. Games just ain't for me.
>>
>>27973737
Other than waifus, I disagree. For example, a penis can not be appreciated fully in 2D.
>>
>>27973713
People who get incredibly good at games put a lot more hours into it. Unreal and Quake have been out for so long that 5k+ hours is common at this point for people that love playing the game, and I'm sure if she's as good as you say she's easily cleared that point.
>>
>>27973791
I think she's better than me and my friends.
>>
>>27973742
dude 1k hours really is pathetic for a competitive game, virtually anyone who is decent-tier at a competitive multiplayer game will have that much time or more invested. i put 1k hours into tribes ascend back during the ~1 year that it was popular on /v/ and it didn't feel like any huge grind or anything and i never got world class at it.
>>
>>27973749
like i said.. outliers with any statistic

the men you are thinking of a such a small percentage of the bigger picture that it literally is irrelevant

yeah op is making a bold statement but hes right in the majority

stop making judgements based off of anecdotes, they are biased and unreliable
>>
>>27973809
>competitive gamer
Really. Grownups don't have that kind of time, we're not talking pro players here.
>>
>>27973771
too much variability in poker, you'd only start to get reward from it if you play for a very long time and you get really good at it
>>
>>27972454
>tfw have a feminine dick
>tfw show up to melee friendlies at a local con and wipe the floor with people who have played regularly for 1+ years (get btfo in the actual tourney though)
>tfw have little practice and mostly base my skills off of watching pro games online
>>
>>27973843
i'm not talking pro gamers either and that's not what i meant by "competitive". go into an public cs:go lobby and the best player there probably has more than 1k hours invested, despite the fact that he's still just a lowly pub player. 1k hours is an extremely unremarkable investment for multiplayer games.
>>
>>27973813
Tfw your gender cant compete
Fuck it wont stop me trying

I always wondered what girls do at home if they dont play video games though, maybe they really do all get ploughed by chad :^(
>>
>>27973749
>PoE
What's a fun new build? I haven't touched ascendancy.
>>
Men are more competitive than women and its a pissing match a lot of the time when it comes to men and gaming. No man wants to be known as a shitter in a game they like. Its emasculating and subconsciously it can make you feel like you're inferior even though its just a game.
>>
>>27973868
>1k hours is an extremely unremarkable investment for multiplayer games.
Unless you're a professional that is quite a bit
Methinks being NEET has muddled your brain and made you lose track of reality.
>>
File: 1460712425961.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460712425961.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1200
>>27972247
I dare you to post this on >>>/v/
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-17.png (57 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-17.png
57 KB, 500x382
>>27973873
yeah girls cant compete physically and competitively with men but that isnt the point, your looking at it wrong

men and women are supposed to work together, not against each other, both genders should accept their biological differences just like they did a century ago, before third wave feminism

men are good at some things, women are better at others, ultimately it doesnt fucking matter just accept the differences and fuck third wave feminism its dismantling the west

embrace your femininity, fembot, its what makes you beautiful to men
>>
>>27973893
I wish i could tell you
Ive barely touched it either, i want to go back to it after my studies. last time i played i fucked around in the talisman league with a friend for keks and nothing else, we wanted to try being the first to beat the boss in that league but realised we didnt have the time, so ended up messing around

Fuckk i miss the world first races so bad
Im genuinely jelly of NEETs..
>>
>>27973935
not NEET, do play a lot of fps games though, played other pseudo-competitive games in the past like arcade shooters too. from what i've experienced 1k gets you to around upper mid level, if you want to be top level you need to be at anywhere from 5 to 10+k hours depending on how big the community is and how serious of an esport the game is. like i said, virtually any public lobby of a popular shooter like tf2 or cs:go will have someone in it with 1k+ hours. it's not a rare achievement at all.
>>
>>27973977
TF2 is almost a decade old so that's a different story
CS:GO however you may have 1 or 2 guys with 1k plus hours but that's not low at all for most people. I'm not talking professional here I'm talking run of the mill.
>>
>>27973944
>world first racing
Well beyond my capabilities.
I'm sick of meme builds like Voltaxic, flame totem and contagion though.
Hope there's something that feels fresh. Should probably just play a build without concerns for meta. More fun probably.
>>
>>27973995
i'm talking run of the mill as well. your average pub stomper will easily have 1k+ hours and those people aren't exactly rare. that's what i mean by upper mid, as in you're considered "good" among average players. if you think 1k is impressive to even the more serious non-pros like guys who play in serious PUG matches, you're delusional though.
>>
>>27974031
>you're delusional
A sizeable chunk of a year on one game isn't normal. Counter strike is a hyper competitive game so of course all the people who spend every waking moment of their free time playing will skew things.
>>
>>27973996
Yup, that game can be just as fun to play with some friends at your own pace. makes me salty as hell to be out of the races though, guess its just me.
>>27973940
I dont know that much about feminism if i'm honest, girls keep telling me i should be one but i dont feel oppressed :^( i dont feel any need to associate with it either.
Men and women are different yup. To me, anyone that wants them to be the same thing is simply an idiot trying to turn a triangle into a square... whats the point.
>>
>>27974152
it really is normal though. it's 20 hours a week for a year man. that's not hard at all for someone who is even mildly dedicated to a multiplayer game. if you want to spread it out over two or three years, not like everyone is cramming all that time into a single year, the investment is even less impressive. i have no idea why you're making such a big deal out of 1k hours, it's nowhere even close to inhuman or top professional or whatever you seem to think level. it's fairly standard "i play this game a lot" levels.
>>
File: 1456638265221.jpg (43 KB, 564x421) Image search: [Google]
1456638265221.jpg
43 KB, 564x421
>>27972262
>>27972268
>>27972546
>>27972483
>>27972476

these really, they don't play the game for the game, they play it to get the attention surrounding the game. Its the exact same reason they avoided playing any form of video game only until recently
>>
>>27972247
Probably it also has something to do with the entire game industry being a male-oriented market until recent years.
>>
>>27974441
This. Where are all the games that require emotional skill instead of physical skill?
>>
File: 1456119520521.jpg (71 KB, 735x599) Image search: [Google]
1456119520521.jpg
71 KB, 735x599
>>27974643
kek, that was good

>implying whores have either
>implying they can even control their emotions

>>27974441
>and that is bad because

?
>>
>>27974685
Well, it does not mean it's a bad thing. It's just one of the reasons why womenn find videogames less appealing for them. Most videogames where marketed towards boys when the gamers began to appear. NES, SNES etc.. all were marketed towards young boys. Same story with the games. It's not neccesarily a bad thing, just an explanation
>>
File: 1457148981682.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1457148981682.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
>>27974810
>I need everything catered specifically to me, or I cant participate or enjoy it

is that what whores really think?
>>
I had a gf once who bragged about being great at Halo 3. I'd literally never touched an XBox before, but within 30 minutes I was winning to the point where she'd be lucky to land a single hit on me. She had minimal spatial awareness. She didn't even seem to bother looking at my half of the split screen. We stopped playing because it got boring winning 15:0 every time. The sad thing is I think she legitimately was better than all her female friends.
>>
>>27974810
being a woman is marketed towards women but bruce jenner won woman of the year last year
>>
>>27973670
>UT3
UT3 is utter shit. The controls have shitty input delay, it was always console-first, etc. UT99 is the best, UT2k4 is better if you have people-only (AI cheats out the ass), but UT3 is trash.
>>
>>27974860
Even better, they don't even care. It's not resentment, like what I'm seeing here, it's the literal meaning of ignorance. They are unaware of how cool videogames are. It's not them being bitchy because games are sexist.
>>
>>27974871
This reminds me of a time back in highschool where we were talking shit with the girls, and they claimed girls were just as good as boys at sport.

So we challenged them to a game of netball at lunchtime (a sport they all played regularly and most of us never had), and we absolutely thrashed them. Our shhoting economy was terrible but they just couldn't get the ball off us. Guys have inherently faster reflexes on average.
>>
>>27972675
I remember as a kid in elementary and middle school we were taught that females where naturally better than men at basketball because of certain wiring in their brain yet whenever we'd have days where boy teams would play basketball relay against girl teams the girl teams would start off with 10 points.

We'd usually end up beating them, but we were still taught that women were better at basketball. It always confused me
>>
>>27973030
A girl is rlly good at a very luck based sport?
Whowouldhavethought.exe
>>
My gf took a year, but now she's better at Smash Bros than me and my bros that played for years casually. She watched the documentary and trained for several nights

Gave her Dark Souls and she managed to get to the first bonfire (from firelink to undead parish) without dying and beat the Taurus Demon first try.
>>
women are less intelligent than men, thats why
>>
For the same reasons they suck at video games.

Men are made to compete, to do tasks.

There can be expectations, but does those cases matter?
>>
inferior spatial awareness, they're not meant to be good fighters or hunters
>>
>>27972258
Why go pro when twitch chat pays twice as much?
>>
>>27975513
This is pretty clever. It shows you really know the /r9k/ demographic well.
>>
>>27976094
?
Explain. Is this sarcasm?
>>
>>27973411
yurope, everybody
>>
>>27972262
yes, i play games most guys don't even like in my basement and quite literally never talk to guys about them because i want attention from guys

fucking retard, please hang yourself
>>
>>27972247
I see no reason. Physically they are pretty much the same as males, considering you need two hands connected to a brain.
I think they lack the autism level dedication needed to be a pro gamer.
>>
Different sample size, different social game to play, different challenges without anonymity covering their ass and tits.

shitty example time, imagine a group of 100 people-- 45 are male, 55 are female

60 of those people play video games-- 30 of them are casual

of the remaining 30, 5 are bad, 4 are sub-par and 1 is just beyond shit, 10 are average, 5 are good and 4 are really good. 1 person is insanely good.

I'm completely ignoring the moral background of all those people, how sociable they are etc.

I'm no stats guy but I think this pretty much illustrates anything I'd be able to say about this without reading any of the thread
>>
I know a few girls with a higer MMR than me in Dota which is kinda hot.

But that's rare.
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.