[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else constantly mindblown at how amazing planes are?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: A380_On_Ground.jpg (116 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
A380_On_Ground.jpg
116 KB, 800x600
anyone else constantly mindblown at how amazing planes are?

They can fly hundreds of passagers half way around the world 40,000 feet in the air without ever touching the ground. and to think the first flight was just over 100 years ago is insane
>>
yeah, i feel you op

i think technology is so amazing its actually mindblowing. like i regularly try to explain myself what the FUCK a computer is and how it works. its basically magic

everything is basically magic to me desu. in another 100 years we will have ai and the singularity and all that shit

this is honestly why i have the will to live and i dont want to kill myself yet. even as a 25 kv

what an amazing time to be alive
>>
File: 1449490351981.gif (361 KB, 480x376) Image search: [Google]
1449490351981.gif
361 KB, 480x376
>>27971840
what a golden age we live in
>>
>>27971757
Was on my first flight last summer.

Was kinda neat, but the principles behind heavier than air flight are well understood. The turbines themselves are interesting because I'm not fully aware of how they achieve compression.

Takeoff was rad af tho ngl.
>>
The first heavier-than-air flight, anyway. Hot air balloons go back another one or two hundred years.
>>
>>27971757
This is a really autistic post, but you're not wrong.
>>
the shouldn't allow non-whites on planes
>>
>>27971757
they're ruined now that they've got designing them down to a proper science.

>almost every newly designed jet airliner has the same "two engines on the wings mounted at the bottom" layout
>almost every prop commuter plane has the same "two engines on the wings mounted at the top" layout.
>every newly designed jet airliner has high-bypass (big) engines
>T-Tails with rear mounted engines (DC-9, 727) are dead.
>Trijets are dying
>4 engined jets are slowly dying too as ETOPS expands.
>Even little things, like how diverse the noses of the aircraft look, are going away as they become more similar
>generally speaking, novel variations in shape and layout have become less and less common.

If you just want a flying bus, none of that's a problem, but as an autistic planespotter it gives me less and less reason to want to live each day.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.