[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Day at Six Flags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: six-flags.jpg (370 KB, 1024x560) Image search: [Google]
six-flags.jpg
370 KB, 1024x560
I went to six flags today and wanted to blogpost my experience since I can't get it off my mind. I felt incredibly out of place and dejected almost the entire time.
Even during the most intense, adrenaline-inducing rides, it was difficult for me to smile and genuinely enjoy myself. I realized that the elation was only temporary, and upon arriving home all would return to its shitty default.
At the top of the roller coasters, I kept looking down and couldn't stop thinking about how it would be to give in to the imp of the perverse's suggestions by wriggling out of my seat to jump to my death, landing smack on the concrete within the view of many normalfags to ruin their day and save mine.
When instructed before rides, or whilst passing through security, I have to repeat excuse me a few times since I can hear jack shit in such loud environments. A few of the workers become visibly irritated due to either this, or when I asked them to elaborate instructions when they failed to provide decent ones or any at all. I can say at the very least, that one worker said hi to me for no reason in particular as I walked past, though I know it's part of their job to be friendly to visitors.

Perhaps worst of all, I had been stuck in a line for a ride behind a guy making out with his girlfriend. I looked away, retaining plastered apathy on my face to hide my feelings of contempt, irritation and despondency for nearly the whole visit.
I'm now asking myself, why do I leave the house, going out of my way to attempt to enjoy myself, as well as leave my comfort zone, when it typically tends have the opposite intended effects? I feel this will have caused me to withdraw from society further, and I fail to see why it would be the right thing to not.
inb4 simply depressed, I'm fairly content when left to do my own thing. It's days like these, spent in the company of others/out of my comfort zone which bring the worst out of me.
>>
Which Six Flags did you go to OP? Reminder that the only good Six Flags are in Texas.
>>
File: 176IPCN.png (563 KB, 466x471) Image search: [Google]
176IPCN.png
563 KB, 466x471
>>27970037
going to amusement parks by your self is for faggots.

If you help someone else you would feel better about yourself.

My brother is a poorfag wage slave and I took my nephew to the amusement park so my bro could have a day date with his wife. The line sucked but seeing the little faggot enjoy all the rides for the first time in his life was cool and qts thought i was a DILF and chatted me up in line
>>
>>27970084
Commiefornia.
>>27970093
I didn't go by myself. I would never in my right mind go to an amusement park by myself. It was for a birthday.
>>
>>27970093

I'm jelly. I wish I could take my niece to Disney World or something.
>>
>>27970194

You live in Cali and you went to Six Flags? Why didn't you go to the vastly superior Disneyland or Universal Studios?
>>
>>27970037
happiness is only real when shared. Never go on a fun outing if it's going to be by yourself.
>>
>>27970223
It has been nearly 10 years since I've gone to six flags, and that was the only time I've ever gone. Disneyland is always too crowded and I've already been there at least 3 times in my life. Universal Studios is too far of a drive.
>>27970273
see
>>27970194
>>
Go to Disneyland. Mickey Mouse makes everyone happy.
>>
>>27970194
I love magic mountain! I have been a few times with my siblings as teen, wouldnt go alone though.
>>
>>27970523
Last time I went to disneyland I couldn't quite enjoy it. The reason I decided on six flags was because it's known for its faster/hardcore rides that would be sure to induce adrenaline. They did, yet despite that I still couldn't appreciate it as much as I imagined I would.
>>27970583
It's one of the funner amusement parks. I'm disappointed though because Tatsu had technical difficulties so I didn't get a chance to ride it. That was the one I recall enjoying the most when I first visited.
>>
>>27970037
>>27970194
>I would never in my right mind go to an amusement park by myself. It was for a birthday.
Yet you never once mentioned the people with whom you attended the park. Why? Because your focus is entirely on yourself. You're absorbed in your own experience, your own feelings, your own resentments. And that's why you're miserable.
>>
>>27970037
Amusement parks are only realistically fun if you have a date to go with. Not friends, but a date. Most rides are designed for two people to sit with or next to each other and there's a fondness established just by going around and having fun together alone.

The last time I went to an amusement park was about 7 years ago with my family. I used to enjoy them as a child but as an adult with no one close to go with, it becomes a depressing thing (particularly when your parents give you the tickets and says to go have fun on your own).
>>
>>27970037

I really hope a drawfag shows up and draws a picture of OP being a miserable shit on a roller coaster.
>>
>>27970781
>Because your focus is entirely on yourself.
Not really. I barely talked the entire time. There's not much to say about them or my interactions them, other than they only tagged along because they were the only ones who felt sorry enough to come.
>And that's why you're miserable.
Whatever you say lil' Freud.
>>27970791
>Amusement parks are only realistically fun if you have a date to go with.
Probably, or if you're a kid. I'll not be going back to one. At least for a very long while.
>>
I went to a small county fair alone once. In line for the Zipper, it's designed for two people per car. When the ticket taker saw I was alone, he had me wait by him for another single person to come along so there wouldn't be an empty seat.

Of course literally everyone else in line was with someone. After a few minutes I left out the wrong gate. He yelled at me as I walked away.
>>
Did you see any cute little girls?
>>
>>27970977
>Not really. I barely talked the entire time.
You're just making my point for me.
>>
Are you that guy that wrote the pasta about eating his McDonald's in his car and the employee waving at you?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.