[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any first generation immigrants in the states on here? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
Any first generation immigrants in the states on here?

>tfw Croat
>khv
>trying to find a qt Croat pure girl (virgin if possible) to procreate with and raise a family, maybe move back to Croatia
>all of the Croats here have abandoned their culture and taken on the degenerate modern American no-culture feel good hedonistic shit
>they fucking speak English in their homes and at church
>try to speak Croatian with the ones that know how to
>they say a few words and try to force the conversation into English
>tfw they are all slowly being Americanized

I just want to preserve my culture (actually preserve, no muh heritage bs) by living here but also keeping my language and family intact. No Africans, Asians, burgers, Euros, or any other non-Croats should be allowed to mix with the family. I've been thinking about lobbying for a semi-arranged marriage within the community, but most of the Croat women are sluts. Why is this so hard to do? Am I setting myself up for failurewith my unrealistic ideals? Should I kill myself?
>>
>>27969828
move back to croatia if you want to have a croatian family idiot
plus why would you wait to meet a girl here and then move back? just do it now
>>
>>27969883

I have too much family here and the economy is shitty there atm. There is a sizable community where I live and I think another immigrant could relate to me more than someone back home. They are not too fond of diaspora back there.
>>
>>27969828
>be born in to shit culture
>escape your hell hole somehow
>for some reason remain a little ingrate
>complain about muh muh muh culture
>want to use force to control "muh wimminz"
>too autistic and ugly to just enjoy life with your opportunity and do what you can in America
>>
My parents are English.

Essentially raised in an English home in the States. College was weird seeing how everyone lived.
>>
File: 1356142933126.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1356142933126.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>27969828
1st generation Mexican EXPATRIATE here ;)
>>
>>27969944

>>be born into shit culture

No.

You sound like an edgy liberal rat, my friend.

>>too autistic and ugly to just enjoy life with your opportunity and do what you can in America

J-just go out and have fun, bro!!!

Sorry, mate, but that is not a position that everyone holds dearly. Duty to your family and ethno-state trumps any desire.
>>
File: Eurasia.png (181 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Eurasia.png
181 KB, 512x384
>>27969828
>going to an English-speaking American imageboard to complain about how everyone speaks English in America, while speaking English yourself
>after willingly immigrating to America in the first place
>>
>>27970112

There is nothing wrong with speaking English with other English speakers. The problem lies in allowing your culture to be swallowed up by the American culture.
>>
>>27970151
Immigration without assimilation is invasion.

If you want to live somewhere you need to do as they do. You can't go to another country and adjust it to make it like your old one.

You should have just stayed home if that was the case.

I'm not going to go to Spain, get angry when they don't learn my language and play soccer instead of american football.
>>
>>27970010
what "duty"

National pride in a country that has actually done nothing for you is rather odd, considering countries are not all the same ethnicity. Even croatia has plenty of serbs. And muslims too.

I hope some day within the next 1000 years the entire world falls under a single nationality, because national pride is literally a worthless thing that actually contributes nothing to society.
>>
>>27970151
>move to a country famously known for melding cultures together
>upset that everyone else that disliked your country enough to move are all assimilating
>>
>>27970151
American culture is the result of mixing 100 different cultures over hundreds of years.

America is built on the backs of European immigrants. If someone is a 2nd generation american, how can you fault them for not giving a fuck about their home country, when they are by all terms and conditions, a full blooded american, capable of running for the presidency if they so desired.

As a third generation pole, and 5th generation irish, I literally could not give a single fuck about my parents bloodlines. I will never go to poland. My family speaking polish ends with me.

My father never taught me polish because he correctly assumed it would be worthless to me in life.

National pride is a plague.
>>
>tfw Russian
>took me 10 years to get citizenship and my russian gf couldn't wait so long and dumped me 5 years ago
>all russian women here came over through marriage
>good murrican grills would never consider dating an immigrant
>after years of failures finally get a fat sjw gf

I just want someone to care about me and not be alone
>>
So you move to America, yet hate everything about America while praising your home country which you left

Are you sure you're not Mexican? Either way get the fuck out faggot
>>
>>27970316
You're misinformed.

Women love accents.

Although they might assume because you're russian that you like to drink and beat gay men for making you consider your sexuality.

but yeah, russian accents are cool, just check out crazy russian hacker guy on youtube, chicks love him.
>>
>>27970010
your own "women" don't want you and yet you still cuck yourself out to some imagined "culture" because you so desperately need to feel as though you belong to something bigger than yourself (because your own life is meaningless to you)
>>
>>27970354
They love western european accents on tall rich european tourists, not russian accent on a poor manlet slav
>>
>>27970344
>So you move to America, yet hate everything about America while praising your home country which you left
>Are you sure you're not Mexican? Either way get the fuck out faggot
>>27970360
Sure smells like cuckold trash in here. I thought r9k would be more like /pol/
>>
>>27970383
>manlet
found your problem senpai.
>>
>>27970198

No, anon. I am not against assimilation, I am against cultural destruction. I have speak English with Americans and I get mistaken for a regular American outdoors a lot. What's wrong with wanting to keep my native language in the household and church? Am I not allowed to speak it at home and teach my children?

>>27970211

It's not just national pride. It's preserving my family's legacy that goes back for ages. It doesn't matter what the nation has or has not done for me, this is not a financial play that I am looking to profit from. Cost-benefit analysis has nothing to do with this.

>>27970212

>disliked

Most of the immigration is due to economics. Multiculturalism a shit, anon. Everyone just becomes a cuck without an identity. This pot is already heating up.

>>27970265

That's because your ancestors were traitorous cucks. You view everything through a cost-benefit lens. This is the type of worldview that has driven the USA to become so dominant, and yet so bleak as a culture. Your forefathers make perfect Americans. The perfect material for an American consists of being a soulless cuck devoid of appreciation for anything higher than his everyday mundane life. My ancestors kept their way of life intact against hordes of enemies, and I am to willingly give it up for shekels?
>>
>>27970387
/pol/ would tell you to assimilate you fucking shitter
You are doing the exact same thing as the beaners and mudshits
>>
>>27970316
Not true my Ivan friend. If you're decent looking you can easily get a gf, but be prepared for them to expect you to be a walking stereotype.
>>
>>27970390
>poor
>manlet

I know my problems already thanks for effort though
>>
Yeah. I've lost my mother tongue and occasionally my accent slips out in certain pronunciations. My friends consider me an honorary white person, and I've never been taken for anything else. I aced my citizenship test a few years and I don't really feel any connection to the culture I originated from, which sometimes leads to tension between me and my extended family members.

I much prefer the States to my home country and I hope to become a productive member of this society. The Southwest is pretty great, although Vegas isn't my kind of city, really.
>>
>>27970394
Your ancestors were protected by the Habsburgs for centuries who did nothing but spoil you
In fact the Habsburgs were the very definition of multicultural and only split up because of the entente
>>
>>27970402
It's OK if he does it because he's white. The Amish all speak their own language, and no one has any issue with them.
>>
>>27970394
Do you believe your ancestors are looking down on you from heaven?

Kill yourself retard. Family heritage literally means nothing, because once you're dead it wont matter. It contributes nothing, and doesnt benefit you at all, or your future family at all. It does NOTHING for NO ONE.
>>
>>27969828
Codreanu is so based
>>
>>27970360

If you assume a subjective worldview, then my world is on the same playing field as yours. Just because you may value your personal achievements more than your culture does not mean you are some enlightened gentleman.
>>
Leave you dirty slav. Youre no better than a Mexican who only speaks Spanish. We dont want or need you here
>>
>>27970394
No one is going to Croatia and making them all speak English and act American. Your culture is fine. If you're in America, you get American culture. If you want Croatian culture, then go to Croatia.

If the Croatian economy is in the crapper, then tough shit. If you want to have an American job, you're going to have an American life. If Croatia was all that great, you wouldn't be in economic turmoil.
>>
>>27970424
Is Vegas as shitty as I hear? I have a friend who grew up there that likes it, seems like a weird place to move to on purpose though.
>>
>>27970394
>I have speak English
>have speak

>church
>>
>>27970446
No it's not okay
And the Amish speak fucking English
>>
File: skullface.png (1 MB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
skullface.png
1 MB, 1100x1080
I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill
>>
>>27970469
Nah he's complaining about Croatian women who are also immigrants whoring out to the American culture.
>>
>>27970417
I'm too manlet to compete with burger chads. I could probably steal all the mexican qts but I live in 95% white location
>>
>>27969828
Get the fuck out of America. We need less of you shits and more folks who want to make this country great again. Not the Donald Trump folks, but people who are genuinely interested in bettering the country.
>>
>>27970492
You're fucking retarded, the Amish are bilingual>>27970492
>>
>>27970427

T. Serb

Come on, lad. What does that have anything to do with what I am saying? Read the thread.

>>27970450

>hurr durr muh nihilism nothing matters bro

Kill yourself now then. What would you recommend?

>>27970469

>making them all speak English

God damn, you retard. Who said anything like this? Can you please learn how reading an imageboard works or learn to read your mother tongue? Maybe you're just using a strawman though...

>>27970480

>what is a typo?

>>27970518

Kys, mate. I have nothing against traditional Americans.
>>
>>27970454
But he's white. We all know you only hate mexicans cause they're brown.
>>
>>27970508
You have that exotic accent though man, us Americans fucking love accents. Unless you're a super manlet (under 5'7) than you can get a normal gf. I believe in you.
>>
>>27970543
>Who said anything like this?
The entire OP was a rant about how you hated how all the Croatian immigrants speaking English in their day to day lives.
>>
>>27970472
You got it right when you said weird, but it has its appeal. I'd say like one out of every four people here have the same story: they came out here for the weekend and never bothered to go back.

It's a pretty good deal if you have no formal education or you're "unskilled." Valets, dealers, waiters, bartenders, these people make serious fucking money doing pretty simple jobs.

Yeah, Vegas is a cool place to visit, but most of the people here really can't go anywhere else.
>>
>>27970549
desu sjw gf is not too bad. I made her clean and cook for me, and it's much more satisfying than getting the same from a girl who has been conditioned for that
>>
>>27970543
Fuck off slavshit subhuman
Go back to your shithole post yugoslav country and pretend you're superior over there
I hope you raped by a nigger
>>
>>27970564

>homes
>church

Places where they are only surrounded by other Croats since most of them are first generation immigrants, mate.

>>27970584

Who mentioned superiority? If that was the case, assuming you mean material superiority, I would have assimilated into the American culture. Not everything is about muh dick, lad. Relax.
>>
>>27970548
>slav
>white
Lol whatever you say buddy
>>
>>27970621
>Places where they are only surrounded by other Croats since most of them are first generation immigrants, mate.
What's wrong with them speaking English in those situations? That's what they're supposed to do, they're not tourists just visiting America. They're living here long-term and speaking our language.
>>
>>27970663

Because they will eventually keep this up with their children, who will forget their old language.
>>
Croat faggot, what IS your culture? Is it in the language you use, the food you eat? Or is it more about demeanor and frivolous entertainment?

I am an American, born and raised in Texas. I don't have a culture so to speak - I hang around do-gooders and despise criminals. But I'll hop around whatever restaurant to try out new foods, I speak English Spanish Arabic and French, and I play dodgeball.

Again, what is your culture?
>>
File: croat.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
croat.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>27969828

holy shit i'm talking to a woman from split, i'd fly there but flights are 1500 dollars

fml

we video chat and her parents call me worthless and she says i'm worth more in my little fingernail than she is in her whole body

naturally the whole thing gives me a big boooner
>>
>>27970692
Their children will be Americans, not Croatians. Why would Americans speak Croatian?
>>
>>27970692
And what of value is lost here?

Honestly a global language is the best thing someone can hope for. As a native speaker of Portugese, I'd rather just everyone speak English because it makes vacation so much easier. I can literally fly to any first world nation and find someone to give directions. Fuck portugal anyways.
>>
>>27970652
>le lelele
>le white xDDDD
>>
>>27970706
why the fuck did her undie pic get censored to tomoko???!?!?
>>
>>27970394
The fact that you're defending yourself from the very same faggots that get triggered about white women sleeping with blacks should tell you that you shouldn't even bother. They're not going to empathize with you--they're going to argue with how you should do exactly what they're doing: "accepting the BBC."

Don't even response to these colossal faggots.
>>
>>27970697

The language plays a large role. Being able to connect to your family and extended fanily back home, sharing similar experiences that only another Croat can experience, continuing your father's line, etc. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to come off as an elitist or something edgy. I can relate with a lot of Americans living here, I simply don't want to see the Croat side of my community slowly erode away. It's akin to a balancing act, a tough one.

>>27970712

The location of your birth doesn't really mean much, lol. Just look at the Serbs in Croatia. They've lived here for centuries, yet they don't see themselves as Croats.

>>27970731

You place value on a different ideology, one which I do not happen to agree with. That's fine, I understand your way of thinking. I don't subscribe to your notion of a globalized world.

>>27970799

Eh, it just takes some time to expound the general idea. I think most of the robots on here can at least understand, if they don't accept my views.
>>
Apparently American's don't understand culture.

You know how in Civilization you can get a cultural victory, domination victory, science victory, diplomatic victory etc?

This concept doesn't exist anymore in modern capitalism, since all aspects of human existence have been distilled to one single value and there are no parallel value systems that you can accept or reject, everything boils down to that single one.

Which essentially means that there's no point in living anymore since humanity is finished.
>>
>>27970984

>You know how in Civilization you can get a cultural victory,

The point of a cultural "victory" is to destroy other cultures, right?

So the existence of different cultures leads to them wanting to destroy each other and reign supreme.

So why are you upset when this culture war led to the result it has always striven to achieve?

Wasn't this the whole point? One culture won, so it's superior, isn't that how it works?
>>
>>27971118
>>Wasn't this the whole point? One culture won
Nihilism isn't a culture.
>>
>>27971252

No, but nihilism can be a logical development of the ideology created by a specific culture (i.e. objectivism and empiricism based on Classical Greek ways of thought)
>>
>>27970394
Why don't you have your children learn a useful language like Spanish or Chinese? You're living in America. They're not going to cre about some shitty Slav language and you'll only be contributing to their failure in life.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.