[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird conclusions you have come to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: evan_wright.png (700 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
evan_wright.png
700 KB, 667x1000
What are some weird conclusions you have come to /r9k/?

For me.. I came to the conclusion that isolation in turn makes your mind more mighty. I have noticed that people freak out in situations in which they have to be alone with their thoughts. I have noticed people can barely think themselves through a given situation sometimes. They always need some sort of input, down to the fucking clothes they wear.

I noticed a lot of women are like this. They can't be alone with their thoughts. People who are isolated tend to be able to maintain themselves mentally in a given situation.

When you spend so long locked in a cage, the will to survive never dies and in turn you grow from it. When you are forced to rely on other mentally is when you fucked up. Because like most things, time grinds even mountains to dust and one day.. your mind will be back in this cage for a time being.

Its why I always laugh when someone asks "How did you survive this long without being in a relationship?"

The mind is a powerful object and I always tell them in response "step into realm I hail from and see how long you make it."

Anyway, what are some conclusions you have come to /r9k/? It can be anything as long as its a conclusion.
>>
>>27969101
>bragging about his ability to withstand isolation

By posting it here and by how self assured you are, I don't think you'll ever see the irony in this.
>>
I would to see how you and your "mighty" mind would react if you were alone in a room with just 3 girls.
>>
>>27969101
I've came to a similar conclusion, really. I'm a loner by nature so I don't really think twice of it. Most of my best ideas come from isolation coupled with boredom.
>>
/r9k/ is not a form of isolation
>>
>>27969101
>When you spend so long locked in a cage, the will to survive never dies and in turn you grow from it. When you are forced to rely on other mentally is when you fucked up. Because like most things, time grinds even mountains to dust and one day.. your mind will be back in this cage for a time being.

yes because that worked fantastically for all the 19th century mental patients and prisoners
>>
>>27969189

I think people lack the ability to withstand much of anything these days. Especially mentally. People fall apart when dealing with the weirdest shit. Like break ups. I never understand how people mentally become compromised due to a break up.

I have never broken up but I imagine it would be easy for me to get over. I have already prepped my mind. Basically, just relapse it to a position in time before I even knew the person. How I felt in that moment is the moment I go back to. Easily forgotten, easily undone.

Most people become fucking puddles during a break up for whatever reason.
>>
>>27969101

>"step into realm I hail from and see how long you make it."

that's a pretty fedora thing to say but I do agree with your post.
>>
>>27969257
>I have never broken up but I imagine it would be easy for me to get over.

It's genuinely amazing how you can admit total ignorance of a topic, but still speak with absolute certainty. The human ego is neat.
>>
I came to the conclusion that revenge is basically turbo fuel.

I am still trying to understand the concept of wrath and revenge but I feel as if revenge has carried me through a lot of rough times in my life.

It makes you really wonder if revenge truly solves everything. Sure some say an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind but in reality, if someone takes your eye.. how could you not take theirs?

Some people out there want to see you "die" or give up and they don't want to work for it. Revenge and survival is basically the same word to me at this point.

I never understood how revenge could be considered a bad thing. I feel as if Karma isn't a vicious enough mistress. Are you supposed to just let someone maim you and get away with it? Finish living their life as if nothing happens?

That is my biggest reason for consulting revenge like this. When people just go on living as if they didn't maim you. Not an ounce of regret and they probably won't ever regret it unless you make them.
>>
>>27969313

I observe the world around me and approximate situations all the time. I know how I would react in situations I have never experienced based on how others have experienced said experiences.

For example, I have seen beak ups happen. I have seen people fall to pieces as a result and I know I would never fall to pieces over a relationship because I realize you can't control others due to free will. I wouldn't even try to keep them. If they wish to break up then so be it.

Being able to experience without experiencing is an amazing feat of the mind. Mental preparation is also an amazing feat of fortitude of the mind.
>>
>>27969425
Dunner-Kruger effect everywhere in that post. It's very easy to claim superiority in something you've never been through or experienced. It's another thing to have actually done it.
>>
>>27969488
Dunning-Kruger*

orig comment
>>
>>27969488

Lets use this an example,

I have never placed my hand onto a stove top but I know it would cause me pain if I did it, so I don't do it.

So, I have not experienced burning my hand on a stove top but I know how to avoid it, prevent pain, or if for whatever reason I had to place my hand on a stove top, I know how to mitigate the damage. All without having experienced it first hand.

How do you think that is possible? Our minds can run simulations basically and figure out GENERAL outcomes of a situation. I don't need to have my heart broken to know how to deal with it.
>>
bump for ideas.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.