[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fell for the College Meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Vasily Perov - Found Drowned.jpg (254 KB, 1000x635) Image search: [Google]
Vasily Perov - Found Drowned.jpg
254 KB, 1000x635
>Went to college
>Earned a Bachelors Degree
>23yrs old
>Can't find a job with degree
>Finally get a minimum wage retail job
>Supervisors and co-workers are all teenage girls
>One of my supervisors is 17 yrs old
>Constantly reminded by family and customers about what a failure I am
>Decide to take MBA classes just for the heck of it.
>Financially can't become a Neet

Just end it now lads.
>>
What was your degree? And did you take any internships
>>
>>27967095
Move to China and teach ESL.
Its not a meme. You won't get laid if you aren't already though, that part is a meme.
>>
>>27967119

HR and no internships
>>
>>27967169
>human resources
not that bad
>no internships
lol thats where you fucked up, it's your fault retard, now go make my sandwich boy
>>
>>27967095
How the fuck do you have a business degree and't can't get a job? I got hired as a manger when I got my Associate's degree. Don't tell me you didn't get any experience during school
>>
>>27967095
>>27967169
>>27967200

Sad but true. It ain't fair but it is how it is.

Keep searching and hope for the best is about all you can do. Unless those extra classes are really going to boost your resume that much.
>>
>>27967169
>expecting to get hired in HR as a white man

You dun goofed up
>>
>>27967169
Let me guess, you are one of the retarded business students who didn't make their own business during school. That's what everyone else did to falsify work experience. Since you're doing the MBA program, now is the perfect chance to fix your mistake and make a fucking business.
>>
>>27967314
URA FUCKING WHITE MALE!
>>
File: 1423936192021.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1423936192021.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>tfw gunna fail my first year
>tfw people always talk about how easy it is, so much so that it doesnt even matter
>tfw its the hardest thing ive ever done
>tfw abject failure
what lies ahead for me oldbros?
>>
>>27967095
>Bachelor's degree
>No internship
>can't find a job
no surprise
post your GPA
>>
File: spooked.png (151 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
151 KB, 421x500
>>27967169
>mfw I'm entering HR this fall

Hope its better than being a high school teacher
>>
>20 credits away from graduating
>sick of school just went to feel like I was going somewhere and doing something
>am withdrawing, fuck it

Moving away made me learn responsibility. Kept a job whole time I was in college, paid for most of my bills, etc. I don't regret going but now that I'm a little older I see that its not all it seems. Cousin and uncle work construction and are moving to Hawaii, they offered me to go out with them to work construction. Aloha robots fuck college.
>>
>>27967095
HOLY SHIT, JUST GO TO A TEMP AGENCY. IT'S THEIR JOB TO GET YOU A JOB.

You even have a degree you dumb fuck, you'd fall backwards into something as long as you aren't completely retarded which you may very well be.
>>
should have went to trade school to learn a skilled trade you robots that go to normie school aka regular college are dumbasses LEARN A SKILLED TRADE
>>
File: hmm.png (39 KB, 122x122) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
39 KB, 122x122
>>27967095
>"You know, she hasn't been dead for that long..."
>"Probably still warm..."
>>
>>27967095
>>One of my supervisors is 17 yrs old
fuck that makes me hard

Does she order you around op? How pretty are her and other teenage girls. What would make this fantasy even better is if you were a very short and skinny manlet.
>>
>>27967278
>>27967425

My counselor kept telling me the importance of internships but didn't help in the search or application process.

I did apply to a few internships but never got replies back.

3.7 GPA
>>
>>27967357
>>27967314
hr IS FUCKING CREATED BY WOMEN TO VALIDATE THEIR SHITTY DEGREE CHOICES.
>>
>>27967564
Figure it out yourself faggot. Git GuD
>>
>Go to college
>Get depressed enough I never leave my dorm room
>Flunk out
>Now I have no degree and owe tons of money
IF YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS WOULD STOP USING LOANS TO PAY FOR SHIT I COULD HAVE AFFORDED TO GO BACK AND RETAKE MY FLUNKED CLASSES FUCKING NORMIES
>>
>>27967517
I like the perversities of your mind, anon, please continue
>>
File: 1409289192663.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1409289192663.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1422
>>27967200
>lol thats where you fucked up, it's your fault retard, now go make my sandwich boy
>>
>>27967095
>graduate college with a bachelors
>after a year, school keeps emailing me and sending me mail notices to do some survey which describes my life after college (mostly job stuff)
>haven't had a job ever
>fill out survey so they stop spamming me
>they start calling my cell phone
>i assume its due to what I filled out in the survey
>ignore all their calls
>now they are calling my home phone almost everyday at around 7pm
>parents are starting to get suspicious
If I answer the phone, the school is going to inquire why I haven't had a job. If I don't answer the phone, my parents will and find out that I'm not applying to jobs as much as I say I am (I'm actually not sending any because of anxiety/avpd).

I agree OP, wish it would just end.
>>
>>27968231
are you me?
but what do you mean about normies usingloans to pay for shit? how does this effect you?
>>
>>27967095
Sign up for JET and ve an ALT. If the exchange rate is good you can pay off your debt quickly. Live the weeb dream. All you need is a bachelors in literally anything.
>>
>>27968619
If I had the money i.e. college was affordable I'd be able to go back, retake the failed classes, and get my degree. But no, everyone's got to drive up the cost with loans because >yolo I can't afford it and need my gender studies degree XD
>>
>>27967095
you've gotta slave it up as intern for a few years, lad. of course you need people to support you during that time since its doubtful your employer will even cover living expenses (so technically worse off than a slave)
>>
>>27967355
How easy is it to make a business? What do you need to know before starting/
>>
File: 1332923042046.gif (686 KB, 356x275) Image search: [Google]
1332923042046.gif
686 KB, 356x275
>undergrad
>start senior year next semester
>start internship in a month
>$16/hr

Feels good. Just gotta go yourself out there. If you graduate without any internship don't think you're above applying for them anymore. If you land one it could lead to a job with that company or at the very least make you more marketable for other jobs down the line.
>>
>>27968277
Well these highschool girls would of course mistake this tiny little man as a middle schooler and they would play with him like he's a little kid against his will. A couple of times one of the ditzier girls would trip and fall on top of him with her massive. Some of the crueler girls might make him strip and do perverted dances for them and then make him lick their pussies. I could probably think of more if anyones interested.
>>
>>27969708
*massive ass
>>
>>27967095
College isn't a meme.

What happened is you thought (incorrectly) that any degree was a good degree. What you should have done is gone to bls.gov and searched for the labor statics for the JOB that you wanted, where it will tell you what's required, how it pays, the predicted growth rate, etc.

Jesus, everyone pays TAXES for this shit. How is it that not one teacher can tell kids about it?
>>
>>27969788
>implying I knew what job I wanted when I chose my degree
>>
File: 99 percent 2.jpg (89 KB, 634x676) Image search: [Google]
99 percent 2.jpg
89 KB, 634x676
>>27969949
>Implying that it's an intelligent idea to choose a degree without knowing what you want to do with it.

Fucking retard. Don't EVER act like you're better than the person in pic related, because you chose your degree the same way he did.

A degree is only a bridge to get you to the job you want. If you don't know what job you want, there is no reason to go for a degree.
>>
>fourth year of college
>graduation nowhere in sight
>depressed and hate what I'm studying
>hat the school I'm attending
>gpa too low to transfer
>in debt up to my eyeballs

I botched the biggest investment of my life so far. It's practically rendered my entire life irredeemable.
>>
>>27970034
I mean, I didn't choose some meme socialscience degree. Physics and Chemistry seemed like a joint-degree that could get me anywhere.
>>
>>27967200

>having an internship will help you get a job after college

Hahahah
>>
>tfw an actual useful degree
>tfw stil can't get a job because terrible social skills and jobs being outsourced
>>
>>27967436
Shake hands with everyone. Then when it comes time to find a job, you'll know who to ask
>>
>>27970058
Not unless you have a Doctorate.

And, for the money and time required for a Doctorate, making ~100k/yr median really isn't worth it.

Meanwhile, you could spend NO money, apprentice as an electrican, getting paid 15/hr for 2 years, get your journeyman's, and then try to get into power plant operations, where the median wage is ~73k/yr, with no debt, and less of your youth spent.
>>
>>27970173

i make almost as much playing poker and video games. dont understand how people can go into work everyday and say they enjoy the most boring activities imaginable. i would kill myself in an instant

is it the drugs that keeps these people going or what? i seriously cannot comprehend the lifestyle
>>
>>27970173
if you're taking on debt getting a phd, you're doing it wrong
you should be paid at least 20k/yr in stipends if not 30-35k/yr
>>
>>27970319
I actually enjoy being a power plant operator.

It's like being given puzzles almost every day. It was fun to learn, and it's fun to do.

And the time where nothing's going on, I have both a Roku and a PS3 hooked up to the TV.
>>
>>27967564
i made the same exact mistakes op. i got my degree in creative writing. not sure what i was thinking, but i actually went to temp agencies and recruiters, and she reccommended actually taking my degree off my resume lol. she said it would actually help me get a job.
>>
>>27970432
Nothing like wasting thousands of dollars and years of your life, and having absolutely nothing to show for it.

But you fell into the boomer/high school teacher trap. Boomers had a different experience, and HS teachers have a government job. Both believed if you just followed your heart, the money would follow.

It's a lie, and when you tell kids shit like that, their response is to call you a liar.
>>
>>27969708
you couldn't write your way out of a paper bag
>>
>>27970173
>le blue collar electrician meme

Because every girl dreams of marrying an electrician, right?
>>
>>27967169
>no internships

well thats your problem, if you never worked or had an internship by your junior your you should drop out

Doesnt matter what your major is, from engineering to english if you dont have experience you are fucked
>>
>>27967095
The good old "I fell for the college meme" meme. Let's see what this guy took...

>>27967169
>HR and no internships

I see. I declare this thread redundant.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.