[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >study up on modern tech news every now and then
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
>be me
>study up on modern tech news every now and then
>notice how we're more and more getting closer to artificial intelligence
>this is exciting because we're getting closer to unengineering the brain
>really interested in robots
>show coworker about Chinese AI robot
>"Robots are sexist because they're saying that there's something wrong with women! Why can't men just respect women!"
>tell him that it's more about leaps in technological advancement, brain science, and self learning programs
>"Well, why are they made to look like women?!"
>tell him that they're made by straight males who find women attractive and thus make them in their vision
>"I've seen reports on how Real Dolls were made popular among guys who feel that they can't interact with women. One guy in Japan owns 30. This proves men are substituting AIs for women! We have to stop people from going further with this!"
>he doesn't get that the dolls aren't going to make men awkward with women
>that the autists who buy Real Dolls by the bulk have social problems to begin with

How do I convince him that AIs and robots aren't sexist?
>>
>That parapalegic guy that is able to write with his hand due to science
Shit's crazy. Fuck your woman hate story#643839
Lets's talk about robots and technology
>Machine captures brainwaves and sends them to a computer
>Computer decodes the brainwave
>Strapped on bracelet on hand sends electrical signals to the muscles of the decoded brainwave
>Hand moves how you want it
>>
>>27965918
Maybe you should stop talking to schizophrenics.
>>
>>27965918
>This proves men are substituting AIs for women! We have to stop people from going further with this!"
Is this seriously a mainstream opinion?
A-are they really going to try to take my waifus away before I can really experience them?

>that the autists who buy Real Dolls by the bulk
Sounds more like a business scheme than autism desu
>>
>>27965918
>do you believe in anything that might possibly endanger the selfish desires of women?
>if you said yes and you are a white male, congratulations you're sexist shitlord
>XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>27965918
Tell him AI will be used to teach and practice social skills and relationships will improve.
>>
>notice how we're more and more getting closer to artificial intelligence

Buddy, we're still way far off having even human level AI. Expert opinion suggests anywhere from 30 to 50 years from now, which is what was said 30 or 50 years ago from this year.

Research harder.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.