[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, folks. I need some advice. I think I might be transgendered.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: KBnYjQc.gif (15 KB, 345x363) Image search: [Google]
KBnYjQc.gif
15 KB, 345x363
Hey, folks.
I need some advice.
I think I might be transgendered. I've been having a fuckton of thoughts over the years. I don't know what it is, but I feel as if being a girl would make me happy.

Am I just confused?
What should I do?
>>
File: puritanpukes.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
puritanpukes.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>27962717
No Brunei based female undergarment rotary club forum will be qualified to answer this.
Go see a therapist.
Find a local support group
Meet other trans people IN PERSON, not online, and ask them questions.
Masturbate and see how you feel afterwards.
Think about it.
Personally I think you might be confused, but then again I am probably retarded or autistic, so what do I know.
Best of luck to you, and don't self diagnose.
>>
>>27962847
Thanks.
What sucks is that my shrink quit her job. I was really beginning to trust her and was considering telling her about this shit.

Isn't there some kind of expert I can see who specializes in trans people?
>>
Do NOT go to doctors or trannies for advice. The former will just try to bilk you out of money and the latter will try to convince you to join them. The thing is, it's biologically impossible to become a girl. The closest you can get is a mutilated imitation of femaleness which will gradually fall apart with age and leave you looking like a total freak. Ever hear of the "gay wall"? It's 1000x worse for trannies. The suicide rate of transgenders is basically equal pre- and post- "transition".
>>
>>27963034
I've never heard of the "gay wall". What does it mean?

Also, I'm already suicidal.
I just want to stop worrying about this. I just want to be comfortable with myself.
>>
File: Feelings.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
Feelings.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>27962946
You will not find them on this board I think, but what do I know. Don't just try to find "experts" either. Find casual meetups with other trans folk and have normal conversations. Cast a wide net. Don't depend on text communication, or testimonies. MEET PEOPLE. Isolated thoughts can be deceiving.
Use a lot of Google too I guess.
I really can't stress how stupid I am in real life, and know I wish you the best whatever happens. In my experience nothing imparts knowledge more than person to person interaction, it just can't be beat.
That and don't take retarded people's advice on the internet.
Peace
>>
>>27963118
The gay wall is when attractive young gays start aging and becoming undesirable, around 30 years old. Their sexual market value drops even faster than straight women and men at that age.
>Also, I'm already suicidal.
Then why spend tons of money on doing something that will ruin your body and not really help?
>>
>>27962717

>Going to transphobes for advice

Great idea brah

>>27962717

You should talk it over with a therapist to see if you're diagnosed, but in the end it's up to you. You need some serious introspection. Also don't let false information about aging scare you away. You won't just magically turn into ms doubtfire if you start hrt young. Retards see late transitioners that begin hrt at 50 and make the connection that this must be the way trannies age. It's just not true.
>>
>>27963034
The sad thing is I mostly agree with you, but I think you should still talk to trans people and judge for yourself. Otherwise you might get an "idealized" picture of how trans people are.
Then again I am a loser shut in with disgusting fetishes, what do I know about normal?
>>
>>27962717
be a girl then u faggot! it's a fucking easy answer! but just remember, fembots aren't welcome. So GTFO
>>
>>27963233
That's actually a good point. OP should actually interact some of these people to see just how terrible their lives are and how bad they look.
>>27963271
lel
>>
>>27963137
Thank you. I just don't know where to begin.
Should I just see if I can get to know some people online that I can then meet up with?
I really don't know any trans folk.

>>27963178
I don't really care about looking good. I just want to be closer to what I feel reflects my personality.
I've never been masculine. In fact, at a very young age (up 'til about 12 - 13) I was pretty feminine. I also tried dressing up a few times in the past and I absolutely loved it. I didn't feel attractive or anything, I just felt comfortable and satisfied.

>>27963233
I don't really know any trans people. I guess I'll just have to meet up with someone from online or something.
I'm so fucking confused right now. On one hand, I really want to look into this. But on the other, I feel like I could very well be wasting my time (and other people's, if I were to meet up with them).
>>
Fuggin talk to a therapist you dipshit.
>>
>>27962717
Being a girl would make everyone happy. Women have shit handed to tgem in a silver platter and never need to take responsibility for anything.

That does not mean you should chop your nuts off you goddamn retard.
>>
>>27963414
I don't give a shit about my balls desu.
I don't want to have any kids. And it wouldn't hurt as much if I got kicked in the groin if I had them chopped off.

Seriously, what's really the point in keeping them?
>>
File: O canada.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
O canada.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>27963333
First of all, nice quads.
Second, don't think too much about the "rudeness" of asking these things. Look online for meetups, or support groups, or post on craigslist, or look for forums. Whatever. If I could give any piece of advice it is this: meeting people is not a waste of time. Having questionable thoughts is not a waste of time. Asking genuine questions is not a waste of time.
Personally it doesn't sound like you are sure, and there is only a 1/150 chance you are actually trans, but you won't know unless you get out there and find out for yourself.
Again, I wish you nothing but he best.
PS I am an idiot
>>
You can't change your gender
>>
>>27963333
Also, get another therapist. Or two.
>>
>>27963496
Thank you!
I'll see what I can dig up. It's pretty likely that I'm just going through a phase or something...
Or maybe I'm just confused. I guess only time will tell.

>>27963567
I know. But the closest thing I can do could reflect my personality more and bring me closer to what I want to be.
>>
"Transgendered" is really just a form of mental illness which can be corrected with medication. They can basically cure gender disphoria, but the FDA didn't approve the medication in the US because one of the side effects of the drug was liver damage for people who had substance abuse problems with drugs and alcohol. Other than that, ti was pretty safe and nearly 100 percent effective in curing gender disphoria if you took 50mg daily.
>>
>>27963461
you know whats going to happen to you, assuming you decide to 'female'?
You'll realize that this was a huge mistake, you'll realize that the grass is not greener on the other side, you'll realize how much uglier you've become, and then you'll kill yourself.
If you want to 'become' a woman by undergoing treatment you might as well skip to the last step and off yourself.
>>
>>27963714
Citation? That sounds interesting.
>>
File: gun.jpg (66 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
66 KB, 615x345
>>27962717
i found a cure for your gender dysphoria OP
>>
>>27962847
>Meet other trans people IN PERSON, not online, and ask them questions.
This is essential. For now, stay the fuck off of tumblr and other sites like it. I don't mean that in some generic "lel fuck tumblr" 4chan memer, I mean that as someone who knows the scene fairly well, a huge amount of the trans community on tumblr is toxic and will fuck you up. You need to be fairly confident in yourself and your identity before going to places like that, you're too impressionable right now.
>>
>>27963716
How can you be so sure though?
What if things would work out for me and I'd finally feel comfortable with myself.

>>27963850
Of course.
Should I just see if there are trans groups on websites like Facebook or gay dating/forum sites?
>>
>>27963461
They regulate your testosterone and the chemicals that make you who you are. Taking a bunch of hormones will change you fundementally. It will make you a mentally ill eunuch worse than you already are.
>>
>>27962717
you just want to live life on easy mode
>>
>>27964071
How would transitioning make my life easier?
If anything, it's a huge gamble that could result in my life getting worse.
And considering how many migrants/"refugees" we have in Stockholm now, I'd probably get killed on my way home if I was a male in women's clothes.

>>27963932
Isn't there shit they give you to balance that sort of thing out?
>>
>>27962946
I see a therapist/psychiatrist in a clinic funded by the university in my city. I was confused at first because they had SAFE ZONE in rainbow colors on the door and staff were wearing buttons saying trans positive stuff. I'm not gay or trans so thought I was in the wrong place, but I guess they see a lot of trans patients. I've seen them while sitting in the waiting room. There are definitely therapists/psychiatrists that specialize in trans issues, I guess you just have to know where to look or stumble into a place and find out.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.