[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe everyone has a soulmate? Do you think you'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1456789405687.jpg (454 KB, 2000x1339) Image search: [Google]
1456789405687.jpg
454 KB, 2000x1339
Do you believe everyone has a soulmate? Do you think you'll ever find yours?
>>
Simply no.
>>
>>27962334
No, and No.
If I had a soul mate, I would avoid them completely. They deserve better.
>>
no but that's what waifu is for
>>
>tfw if you kill yourself you leave your soulmate with no one who will ever truly love them
>>
>>27962334
I think by law of averages and half the population being female, there is one out there for everyone

The chance of finding them though is a different story...
>>
>>27962334
No. but I hope
>>
>Do you believe everyone has a soulmate?
I'm sure there is a woman who would like me, but the question is: would I like her? So not necessarily a soulmate.
>Do you think you'll ever find yours?
Lol no.
>>
I do believe everyone has a soulmate, or someone who fits their personality perfectly. The problem is with this idea it's numbers, it's a probability that it does exist. The rub is that personal exposure limits the chances of you finding that person. That's the worst thing about being alive, imo, everything is possible and you're limited by yourself. Knowing you can do anything, but feeling lost. Them feels are hard to shake.
>>
File: 1416348169607.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1416348169607.png
57 KB, 600x434
>>27962625
You hit the nail on the head there anon. Good post.
>>
tfw we havent just gone full utopia mode yet and based on psychological traits, calculated the perfect partner for each person.

Really though i wish that could work, but everyone's personalities are also dynamic and always evolving.

Feels bad man,
>>
>>27962334
>Do you believe everyone has a soulmate?
Yes
>Do you think you'll ever find yours?
No
>>
>>27962865
I think our experience of being "forever alone" and searching for our perfect soul mate makes us appreciate it so much more when we find one. Kind of like finding a light at the end of a tunnel. If we were just handed our perfect soul mates straight away without struggle, we might not truly appreciate it. I know robots will disagree, but I think the pain is worth it so the good side will seem a lot better.
>>
>>27962914
That would be true only if you kow for soure that you're going to find your soulmate at all. Many of us die before that.
>>
>>27962999
I know how you feel anon, but try to stay positive. The "not knowing" part could go either way. Every day you exist increases your likely hood of gf. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but who knows? Our lives can change drastically and suddenly without prediction. Most people are here because life threw them a curve ball and they couldn't deal with it. Sometimes curve balls go the other way too.
>>
File: 20160418_132321.jpg (1 MB, 1944x1149) Image search: [Google]
20160418_132321.jpg
1 MB, 1944x1149
I believe that there are probably multiple people on this earth that could make a person very happy. I don't subscribe to the idea of a soul mate but I do feel that there statistically probably is someone for most people.
>>
>>27962334
Yes, And yes I found mine. Too bad I'm not hers.
>>
>>27963068
If your not hers, then she isn't your soul mate anon. Keep looking and never give up.
>>
>>27962914
There's a difference between desperation of love and real love. My brother is dating a girl who is straight up using him for attention and money. It's oddly aware to everyone but him. He won't see it because he wants it too much, and I've done the same. Sometimes it's easier to pretend and act then stick to your guns as to what you want.
>>
>>27963081
Easy to say, very very difficult to do. I thought I had moved on.... but I just found out she got back together with her ex WHO FUCKING CHEATED ON HER WHAT IS WRONG WITH NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27963050
> Every day you exist increases your likely hood of gf
Hasn't been like that in the past 10 years. I'm a fucking NEET/shut-in. No hope for me, and no hope to change my current condition.
>>
>>27962662
You're appreciation of my thought on this makes me happy. I just wanted you to know you bade someone happy.
>>
File: 1442790616022.png (581 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1442790616022.png
581 KB, 500x750
>>27962625
This guy knows.

Based on numbers alone, there is someone out there who exists who is utterly perfect for you. The problem is they may be on the other side of the world and you will never meet them.

And even if you do, there's no guarantee that they will feel the same about you due to subjectivity.
>>
>>27963114
It has been increasing, it's mathematically sound and you can't argue with it. Maybe it only goes up 0.1% a year or something, but just by being here on Earth longer, you increase the likely hood of something happening to you like gf. We can make decisions to change the percentage, but it never hits 0 until we die.
>>
>>27962334
>soulmate
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry
dates Jeanine Garofalo and they're way too similar.
He goes "I can't date someone exactly like me.. I hate myself!". That's how I feel about soulmates. Rather meet someone completely different.
>>
File: 1370008387800.jpg (360 KB, 725x1024) Image search: [Google]
1370008387800.jpg
360 KB, 725x1024
>>27962625
>numbers
It's mind-blowing.
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/pbackus/girlfriend/why_i_dont_have_a_girlfriend.pdf
>>
>>27962334
Yes but my soul mate is not in my present life i have to wait for another one before i can meet that person again. I have to ease my suffering and chase down my demons in this one since i committed suicide in a recent past life and was murdered in the next one before this one. I have a lot of issues to get through
>>
>>27963237
>hedonism in vina veritas
>>
nah, humans are disgusting creatures
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.