[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Organ Donor/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1443390116905.jpg (158 KB, 694x928) Image search: [Google]
1443390116905.jpg
158 KB, 694x928
Who /Organ Donor/ here?
Been thinking about suicide again and remembered that I got a letter which lets you become an organ donor.

I'm maybe thinking of filling it out before I kill myself or something. If I'm not gonna use my body, why not help someone else who needs it more than me?
They do take the organs of suicide victims right?

What do you robots think of this?
>>
>>27961147
I am but I'm afraid they'll give my organs to some niggers or tranny degenerates, been thinking about getting it removed from my license
>>
Just help people in need

Trust me it's a great feeling and you increase positivism in the world
>>
>>27961337
What makes you think I have the motivation for that? I can barely get out of bed every morning.
>>
>>27961147
I'm not. I know it's selfish, but I want all of me to be there when I'm buried.
>>
>>27961337
Same poster

If you kill yourself it'll just make things worse since there's no end in anything even after death
>>
>>27961147
>tfw not revolted by OP's pic
what
>>
>>27961362
Your problem in life is your lack of motivation. Your other problem is thinking you can't change that. You can and you will.
>>
>>27961372
I'm pretty sure death is like some long sleep from which you'll never awake from. How do you know that's not the case?

>>27961375
what?
>>
>>27961441
I dunno, usually meaty shit freaks me out
But this time around I'm like oh, that's what a foot looks like on the inside
I don't know what this means
>>
>>27961147
I can't see any reason not to do it, though of course there's always the risk that they'll give it to some cunt and it ends up having a net negative effect.
There's at least as much of a risk that not donating will have a net negative effect too, though.

This is /r9k/ though so most people will probably just tell you to go shoot up some successful people instead.
>>
>>27961441
Because energy isn't created or destroyed.
>>
File: 1448317207977.jpg (20 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1448317207977.jpg
20 KB, 450x472
>>27961466
>This is /r9k/ though so most people will probably just tell you to go shoot up some successful people instead.
Why not shoot up a hospital? I give back after I die anyways. :^)

>>27961486
>Implying energy is the same as consciousness.

Why are there always those posters that try to talk people out of suicide?
>>
>>27961486
Your conciousness will be destroyed after death, though, which is what people really mean when they say "I", "You", and so on.
Who cares if the elements that you were composed of still exist?

If a house burns down, no one would say it's not really gone because the ashes still exist, or the energy it was made of really just dispersed or changed form or whatever.
>>
Why should I help people after I'm dead if they never helped me while I was alive?

Fuck that. The normies are getting nothing from me.
>>
File: 1458520901673.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458520901673.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
I've seen plenty of /b/ tier gore threads but this picture fucks me up something vicious
>>
I'm an organ donor and have donated blood twice. They asked me do I want to be an organ donor when I got my licence and I figured why not, I only donated blood for the free crisps and tea
>>
>>27961544
Ask yourself then what actually is consciousness

>>27961618
I'm trying to help you. I need you're lonely and desperately need someone who you can trust to talk to but just try to understand it can be way much worse than it is right now like with other people's lives.
>>
File: tumblr_nuyct6Q4Gb1titub2o1_540.jpg (65 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuyct6Q4Gb1titub2o1_540.jpg
65 KB, 540x539
>>27961724
>Ask yourself then what actually is consciousness
Something that doesn't remain after I'm dead. Why do you try to help me? (us?). People keep fucking up. There is no one you can trust and personally I'm done with it. I can't stay alone either because it fucks my up and it's simply not feasible.
>>
>>27961724
Not that it matters but I'm not OP.
It's nice that you're trying to help people but trying to dissuade people from suicide by explaining that the energy they're made of will still always exist probably won't work.

You're basically saying that killing yourself doesn't end your existence because your corpse still exists after death.
But you don't.
>>
>>27961818
Disappointment

You know that word very well don't you? You're afraid if you give it your all into something you will still fail.

Well it's true and it isn't. It will affect you more in life if you don't reach high into whatever at the time.

You will fail, everyone does but you will also win like many other successful people
>>
File: Morgue-getty_2622333a.jpg (145 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Morgue-getty_2622333a.jpg
145 KB, 1500x1000
>>27961466
I can think of a couple of reasons not to do it actually

>Your organs could potentially go to someone who doesn't deserve them like a bad person, nigger, stupid normie, etc
>Your body is essentially "harvested" and left a husk of what you used to be.
>There are special workers who have the job of waiting around until you die (in the hospital) so they can immediately harvest you
>These people are actually persistent and aggressive because they get paid depending on how many people they harvest
>As SOON as you die you are taken from your family, scrapped clean of anything of value, and dumped back to your family
>There are accounts from people who claimed the harvesting process butchered their loved one's body
>Most people don't know, but organ "donating" grants all rights to the dead body to the organization that's receiving it
>These people are entitled to your body over your family and can do what they want with it
>Even in death, you're taken and used up by consumerism
>All of this completely ruins the griefing process for your family, from having to deal with your death, harvest, preparation, and return.
>>
>>27961895
That energy turns then into what, then? It just continues into a new life that will slowly develop the same patterns. As one of my favorite Strokes song lyrics "The end has no end"
>>
File: 1457379317060.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457379317060.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
>>27961910
LOL, wrong reason why I want to kill myself. I'm just done anon.

I would also consider finding out why people want to kill themselves instead of spewing out literal bullshit. Take the other anons advice.
>trying to dissuade people from suicide by explaining that the energy they're made of will still always exist probably won't work.
I don't think it's possible to safe everyone from suicide anyways anon.
>>
>>27962048
I'm just trying to help you. I will leave then if you desire to sulk instead. I hope you find what you are looking for.
>>
>>27962024
It's the definitive end for the person who died. They will never experience anything ever again.
>>
>giving your organs to normies who will then use them to live the happy life you never got to live while continuing to make people like us miserable
>giving your organs to snot-nosed normie beats in med school who will play football with them in class before discarding them as medical waste--one last Fuck You that follows you beyond the grave
I seriously, seriously hope none of you guys do this. On that note, do they still take your organs involuntarily when you die? Do they take them even if you're getting cremated?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 530x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 530x354
why not donate yourself to the body farm at the university of Tennessee? they have a big open field where they observe the decomposition of bodies in a variety of terrains for forensic research
>>
>>27962579
I kinda live far away. Still cool though.
>>
>>27961147
>organ donor
no thanks, I worked in an emergency room before and can tell you the moment they realize you're an organ donor, they stop trying as hard to save you
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.