[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is abortion legal? Our most defenseless people are being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: group-of-babies.jpg (53 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
group-of-babies.jpg
53 KB, 700x400
Why is abortion legal? Our most defenseless people are being killed because feminists say their lives don't matter. It should be outlawed and any woman who has one should be put in jail.
>>
>>27955578
why is it legal to be an autist? they should be euthanized all of them
>>
Only greedy capitalists support non abortion. After all, their new workers have to come from somewhere.

That said, just don't get pregnant .
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 260x263
>>27955578
I'd aboration was illegal then the world would be overpopulated with unwanted children.
like you
>>
>>27955589
False equivalency; besides, what autist here WOULDN'T want to just die?
>>
>>27955617

Me. I am waiting for new Erica threads. Better than anime.
>>
File: Adorable-happy-baby-in-towel.jpg (291 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Adorable-happy-baby-in-towel.jpg
291 KB, 1600x1066
>>27955612
The world can sustain 16 billion people. We will be okay.
>>
What kind of selfish asshole wants to bring in more life into this world so they too can experience the life time of misery?
>>
>implying most of this board doesn't wish they were aborted
Saving lives by taking lives OP.
>>
A fetus isn't a person. It doesn't have rights.

The state does not have the right to force a human being to carry and sustain another organism inside their body.
>>
There needs to be a standard for breeding. China is fucking with all kinds of stuff to make super babies.

Why force someone into this world if the mother wishes it were dead?
>>
>>27955740
Only because feminists took their rights away. If you choose to have sex and create a life, you should not have the right to destroy it because it's convenient to you.
>>
Let them abort, they are shit mothers anyway.
>>
>>27955578
>Our most defenseless people are being killed
>"people"

its just a cluster of cells, mate
>>
>>27955817

Not at 24 weeks it isn't
>>
Guys like think there's a tiny human inside the woman and you're killing the tiny human kek.

But women say it's just a growing clump of cells. I'll take their word for it.
>>
the better question is why infanticide is illegal.
>>
>>27955850

For the same reason killing people is illegal.
>>
>>27955578
Nah, it should be mandatory for all unmarried women worldwide.

There would literally be no crime or war.
>>
Why is ejaculation or ovulation legal?
Eggs and sperm are even more vulnerable than foetuses.
>>
>>27955740

What is your opinion on how we should resolve this? Better education, prevention, early pregnancy testing, and access to RU-486?

What do you think of fetal homicide legislation? http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx
>>
>>27955794
Doesn't matter how the organism got there.

If you accidentally hit a cyclist with your car, the government can't force you to give your blood to her even if you are the only match and it would save her life. No one has the right to force an individual to use their body in ways they do not wish.

We don't even let people take organs out of dead bodies without the prior consent of the person who died, bodily autonomy is such a basic right we give it to dead people.
>>
>>27955888

Now that's fuckig retarded
>>
>>27955911
>bastard detected
>>
>>27955923

Nope. Fucking Achmed Chaim Johanssen Luther detected.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459626746348.jpg (29 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459626746348.jpg
29 KB, 575x575
In an over populated planet like ours abortion its the only reasonable option. Face the facts anon
>>
>>27955850
This. Following pro-abortion arguments to their logical conclusion, infanticide should be legal until a human is at a level of consciousness that is above that of other baser animals that are currently allowed to be killed, such a pigs.
>>
>>27955578
>Why is abortion legal?
Because it is better for society if it is legal but discouraged.

Also until they can independently survive they are not separate beings and do not yet have individual rights. There for it is up to the host/woman to determine what is in her best interest. Once it reaches the point of viability outside the womb then it's individual rights can be considered and then it is actually a separate being.
>>
>>27955794
>Le feminist XD meme
Grow up
>>
>>>>>>>>>implying that at conception, the union of an egg and sperm, doesn't result in the creation of a human
>implying it's okay to destroy a human just because it's not a human yet

it's crazy how people come up with the reasons they do for abortion, just so the can continue to have sex, not have to worry about consequences of their actions, etc.

Also, friendly reminder that if people followed the bible, meaning waiting to have sex until marriage, and only having sex with that person, that there would not be, including, but not limited to: abortions, STDs, etc
>>
>>27956015

Yeah but fuck the bible
>>
>>27955972
A fetus is a person when it no longer must remain inside of a willing host in order to survive. Once it is a person it has rights and must be protected.

A small person is still a person, and an infant is just a small person.
>>
>>27955892
neither has any potential to become a baby until they come into contact. It is ok for sperm and eggs to be flushed out of the body to die because that is natural and happens to virtually all of the sperm you produce. As soon as the two haploids come into contact that is when there is potential for life and if left alone would most likely develop into a fetus and person.

In order to not be faced with this moral dilemma, simply eliminate any possibly contact between sperm and egg, until the time comes where you will want to have the baby.
>>
>>27955907
>invite someone to your home
>kill them
>my house my right
>>
>>27955907
>We don't even let people take organs out of dead bodies
And yet we circumcise baby boys without their consent.
And people say misandry isnt real.
>>
>>27956063
You can shoot someone who enters your home against your will though.
>>
>>27955578
because neither fetuses nor small infants have the features that give humans rights where other animals do not, the principal being self-awareness and sapience.

>>27955794
>feminism
most of the worlds cultures have condoned infanticide, long before the advent of feminism.
>>
>>27956100
The baby didn't enter the womb against the woman's will. It was put there when the woman made a conscious decision to have sex with Chad.
>>
File: 1460330515032.png (1 MB, 1081x945) Image search: [Google]
1460330515032.png
1 MB, 1081x945
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McFall_v._Shimp

The government couldn't force this guy to save his dying cousin, who had already been born.

btw no uterus, no opinion :)
>>
>>27956064
I hate circumcision, I think it is an aggressive violation of bodily autonomy and integrity. Circumcision is terrible.
>>
I used to be against abortion, but really it's for the best. Would you rather the parents have to raise a child they don't want? Sure, you could say they 'deserve it' for unsafe sex, but you're bringing another person into the wold just to punish the parents. Who you're really punishing is the kid, the parents may not be able to provide for him, they may not be cut out to be parents. You're just dooming a life.
>>
You seriously have to be fucked up to think abortion is okay. It goes against every decent instinct people have
>>
>>27956123
She made the decision to have sex, not have a baby.
>>
>>27956157
Well yeah. The law imposes no duty to rescue a person if you find them in danger.
The only time you are legally obligated to rescue a person is if you are responsible for putting them in danger.
I don't see how this relates to abortion.
>>
>>27955740
I think you're mistaking 'fetus' with an 'embryo'.
Fetus is very much a full-featured human being, and it's debatable if it has 'rights', the same way it's debatable whether animals have 'rights', or how it was debatable whether enslaved people had 'rights'.
Also, idk if you really get the concept of forcing people to do something.
Do you have the right to force somebody to kill a human being inside your body?
Who knows, maybe in a decade or two we'll look at abortions the same way we look at lobotomies now: as an abomination of modern science.
>>
>>27956221
Everyone knows babies come from sex. If you cannot handle a baby, then you shouldnt be having sex. End of story.
Sex is not a necessity, no one has ever died from lack of sex.
>>
>>27956244
A fetus does not have rights because it requires a willing host in order to continue surviving.
>>
>>27956282

>no one has ever died from lack of sex

I'm about to expire from lack of sex desu
>>
>>27956288
So do babies.
>>
>>27956322
And niggers, spics and Jews
>>
File: The+real+curse_c1ddf4_5163740.jpg (50 KB, 780x846) Image search: [Google]
The+real+curse_c1ddf4_5163740.jpg
50 KB, 780x846
Abortion should not only be legal, but mandatory.
None should have to experience the hell that is life. None should have to deal with the utter meaningless of living an existence without purpose, aside from the continuatuon of life. But is the continuation of life truly a purpose, if it only serves to fulfill itself? I would argue that it isn't.
>>
>>27955578
How can both sides never grasp their actual disagreement? The only thing either side disagrees on is whether or not a fetus is a person. Some people draw the line at the morning after pull, some at X months, some at Y months, etc. Some people think it's a person once sperm meets the egg. I say fetuses aren't people until they have the ability to suffer. After gaining the ability to suffer, losing it does not disqualify it from personhood unless it's certain to be permanent. That's my view on the topic.
>>
>>27956322

Caregivers are not a host you dummy.
>>
>>27956322
Really? Babies have to be carried inside someone's body in order to survive?
>>
>>27956282
I know that argument, to me it sounds like:
>Everyone knows diseases come from meeting other people, it's clear as fuck, if you can't handle getting sick, don't go near other people, simple as that. >Nobody dies if you never meet someone your entire life.

Sex is a biological craving in the same way that social interaction is, or acceptance, sure you survive without it but you sure are miserable. Just look at the amount of >tfw no gf thread.

If I could have sex with anyone I sure would and so would most anons. You are retarded if you think that "muh bible" is going to stop normies on hormones from having sex.
>>
>>27955693
this this this

gotta wait it out now I've been born, but I wish I could just not have existed at all
>>
>>27956282
Yeah but people do have sex without wants a baby which is why abortion is necessary.
>>
>>2795636
I don't think that the true disagreement, some people argue here that maximizing the amount of life is a good that trumps the quality of lives already existing.

I don't think so.
>>
>>27956402
>>Nobody dies if you never meet someone your entire life.
That isn't even true, you'd still die of old age. Try again.
You can still have sex just don't do it unless you're ready for a baby. People go without sex for years, why do people act like it's impossible to abstain from sex? >>27956436
So instead of just giving them an easy way out (and often times paying for that easy way out with taxpayer dollars), they should be forced to deal with the consequences of their decisions.
>>
>>27955578
>Bringing into the world unwanted children
How retarded can you be pham
>>
>>27956485
>You can still have sex just don't do it unless you're ready for a baby
Stop going full retard

There is nothing agreeable about babies. Sex however is awesome.
I'm going to keep doing it, and get a vasectomy.
>>
>>27955975
Newborn babies can't independently survive. Half of the people on this board can't independently survive.
>>
>>27956282
>If you cannot handle a baby, then you shouldnt be having sex. End of story

Exactly this. Only if you have the means to support a child, should you be engaging in sex. Why is this so hard for people? Do they have no self-restraint? So they give in to the b biological urge to procreate then, they create a life that didn't want to. Now they think it's okay to snuff it out? Society should not encourage this
>>
You are confusing potential person with a actual person with full individual rights.

Only when it can survive independently outside of the mother is it actually a individual person of its own.

Also banning abortion would cause FAR more harm then good.
But you are the type that refuses to learn from history.
>>
>>27956659
Read the full post for clarification of my actual point.

>Once it reaches the point of viability outside the womb then it's individual rights can be considered and then it is actually a separate being.
>>
>>27956762
>Only when it can survive independently outside of the mother is it actually a individual person of its own.

No baby can survive without its mother.
>>
most pro-life is more pro-birth, why would you want a child to be born into a family that doesn't want it or isn't prepared? mistakes happen,
>>
>>27956802
>outside of the mother
I think this guy was making the same point I was but phrasesd if slightly diffrently.

Basically he probably means literally outside the mother as in outside the womb.
Not independent in the way you are implying, as in being able to take care of ones self. Which is what no one is saying.
>>
>>27955740

Neither is a woman, but it has rights.
>>
>>27956940

By your logic: If you cannibalize a person they can't survive anywhere, thus they cannot survive outside the womb, thus it was ok to kill them.
>>
File: This_is_not_a.jpg (58 KB, 483x450) Image search: [Google]
This_is_not_a.jpg
58 KB, 483x450
>>27957026
>By your logic: If you cannibalize a person they can't survive anywhere, thus they cannot survive outside the womb, thus it was ok to kill them

No that is non-sequitur unrelated to the logic of my statement.
And again you are confusing potential person with person.
>>
>>27957090

No, it literally is logic. What part of it does not follow from the statement:

If you cannot survive in X then you are not an individual person, and can be aborted.
>>
>>27957090

Instead of using meme pictures, give an absolute biological definition of a person. Having ambiguity in the concept is what allows for dumb people to "contribute" to an argument when they would otherwise get stuck.

For example, is it a person when it has all the genetic material of a person? Go on, give an exact definition with no personal philosophical nonsense in it. Just biological facts.
>>
>>27957145
That is not the logic of the statement you are criticizing at all.

To get to why your statement is a non-sequitur
>thus it was ok to kill them
does not follow from
>If you cannibalize a person they can't survive anywhere, thus they cannot survive outside the womb

Which are (probably intentionally) ridicules premises.

And the statement is not representative of my argument at all. Making it a straw-man.
>>
There are 7 billion people on earth. Every year there are less than 1 million abortions worldwide. The amount of abortions over the worlds population is such a small number that it only matters to bible humping faggots like you. 3/10, made me reply to your dirty troll thread.
>>
>>27955578
>being a natalist
>any year
you shouldn't call yourself a robot, you're a fucking christian moralfag normie, get the fuck out.
>>
>>27957193
>give an absolute biological definition of a person.
person
noun
a human being regarded as an individual.

It stands to reason then that to be a person one must be both human and a individually viable organism.

Not potentially individually viable, individually viable in the present tense.
>>
Why are things morally wrong Anon?
Here's a little secret: there is no objective morality because human concepts do not exist outside of the mind.
And even if they did it wouldn't matter because all our actions are egoistic and predetermined.
The reasons you want abortion to be illegal are probably "I think I'm doing something good by being against this which is bad because it's -insert emotionally loaded word- and that makes me feel good" or "I feel bad if incredibly small non-thinking thingies which currently have only human DNA as only shared characteristic with us are being killed because of empathy"

Wharever the reason may be, you just need to man up and/or think more rationally about stuff and stop making it the problem of other people. (Because you're actively makijg this world which you are a part of a generally unhappier place to live in)

Sorry for my bad english
>>
File: 1459120385675.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1459120385675.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>abortionists complain about overpopulation
>support mass immigration and 3rd world aid
I guess they just don't want to take responsibility.
>>
>>27955835
Who the fuck is aborting at that point? I mean by that time the baby is dead/will kill the mom or will die in a puddle of blood and yogurt once it slides out of the
Vagoo
>>
File: 1303441432284.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1303441432284.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>27955578

/r9k/ is proof that what you're saying is nonsense. Unloved, unwanted children who would just be neglected/abused by their mothers are better off not being born before they become the next generation of brobots.
>>
>>27955975
I think you should replace independently survive with viable. People like to pretend they don't understand what you mean
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.