[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something is clinically wrong with my brain. A deficit of mirror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: visconti biscione milan.jpg (138 KB, 1024x1012) Image search: [Google]
visconti biscione milan.jpg
138 KB, 1024x1012
Something is clinically wrong with my brain. A deficit of mirror neurons, something along those lines.

As a result, I enjoy masturbating more than sex, because I can feel both sides. With a person it's like doing it with a mannequin. Half the feeling, because I lack the ability to pick up other people's feelings.

I sit in a group, and the group laughs. I don't, though I understand that the slightly unusual thing they just heard jarred them into laughter, but as far as they are concerned, I "don't get the joke." So I've learned to pretend to laugh when other people do, to avoid becoming a target. Even so there is a delay to my response, and they eventually notice my total indifference to them.

Dealing with other people is difficult. I can't meet them as their equal, because then they would expect me to be their feelings-buddy and eventually become cold and resentful towards me. Equality is like a lion's den. I deal with people best as part of a hierarchy.

I can't stand the country, because everything is personal. I can only breathe when the person I'm buying food from doesn't have the right to expect love and friendship from me or the right to punish me for not giving it. This is probably the main, if not the only reason I don't just retreat into an isolated cottage. The further from the city, the more unbearable chummy people get. There's nowhere to hide in the open country.

So, my plan of life is to live in the city and deal with people as their contractor, employer, customer.
I'll require a girlfriend for display purposes; I suppose I can go through with it if I slot her in twice weekly for three hours per appointment. A day in someone else's casual company would be torture.

How do I best deflect the social molestations of neighbours, co-workers, desperate girlfriends, and other buzzing flies?
>>
I'll just bump this. I'm interested to hear how my fellow travellers cope.
>>
>>27953861

I grew up in a small town. We were outsiders, and people spied on us all the time. When I grew up, I moved to the city.

My first day there, I was walking down the street. Someone laughed and said, "oh, god, look at that creep". I immediately figured they were talking about me...that would've been the case at home.

I nervously looked around. The girl who had made the comment had blue hair and a half-tattooed face. She was walking with a guy about 4'10" and probably 300+ pounds with a tall purple mohawk.

The "creep" was a friend of theirs who turned around and started joking with them. Everyone else just kept on walking.

No one noticed them. No one noticed the toothless black guy with his pants unzipped and his pubes hanging out. Or the guy wearing a full tuxedo (OK, he was a doorman, but still).

I realized that if *they* were invisible, I was completely anonymous. It was a fantastic fucking feeling.

I know that freaks out a lot of people...probably why some of them get tats and blue hair...but for me, knowing that I was invisible, that no one was watching everything I did, discussing what I wore, what I said, even peering through the window to see if I was jerking off (that shit happened, people were really bored, I guess)...it was fucking amazing.

Weirdly, for a major city a thousand miles from there, I have encountered a couple of people from there. They always make it clear they know me, but are rude and unpleasant like they belong but I don't.

Maybe they do belong. But here, I don't think anyone gives a fuck.
>>
>>27955117
It's glorious.

Unmute
>>
File: 1460219048730.gif (1 MB, 307x244) Image search: [Google]
1460219048730.gif
1 MB, 307x244
You feign indifference. Someone who rests in true apathy does not care for anything whatsoever, with an emphasis on diregarding other homo sapiens amd their petty thoughts and actions. Your indulgence is insecurity.
>>
>>27956278
I never said I was apathetic. I'm acutely pathetic.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.