[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to cinema to watch new starwars movie >people in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1460294945021.jpg (104 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460294945021.jpg
104 KB, 960x1280
>go to cinema to watch new starwars movie
>people in my seat, just sit somewhere else since we're all adults here who would make a fuss over something small
>20m go by, worrying if someones gonna grass
>bald guy tells me i gotta go sit in my place
>everyone looks at me
>movie was shit
>don't feel bad for pirating now
>>
What the fuck are you taking about?

oreganopasta
>>
>>27952712
>doesn't take his own seat
You don't make a fuss. You just pushed the issue onto yourself.
>>
>>27952712
>20m go by, worrying if someones gonna grass
>bald guy tells me i gotta go sit in my place
What

I legit don't understand what you're saying herw
>>
>>27952712
OP is scottish
ok so it means
"he was assigned a seat
someone else took it, whatever, ill sit somewhere else
i hope no one will make a big deal or tell on me
they fucking do, chill its a movie, assigned seats are pointless"
>>
>>27953003
They assign seats for movies in Scotland?
>>
>>27953338

2nd world countries, unlike America, have special customs when it comes to sharing their resources. A day at the theater is a special day in the UK.
>>
>>27953338
They do that in Germany too. I feel like that should be custom everywhere, it's much more convenient.
Seats have different prices as well. Front row are cheaper than in the back, if you're right at the edges, you get discount as well. It's fair that you don't have to pay the same price for a shitty seat.
>>
>>27953375
>>27953338

A lot of theaters in the US are starting to do this as well. It's nice, you can buy your tickets ahead of time and then you can show up for the movie right when it starts without having to worry about finding a good seat.
>>
>>27953985
but mostly those places are fancy as shit
like the alamo or something
>>
>>27953985
>buy ticket for movie online whenever I want
>show up like 20 or so minutes early
>get in
>get whatever seat I want

People who show up to a movie that starts at 7 at like 7 deserve to have a shitty seat. It's not hard to go early
>>
>>27954754
Why wouldn't you show up at 7 when the movie starts at 7? the first 10 or 15 minutes are commercials and trailers anyway.
>>
>>27954796
Because the whole process, getting in and getting your snacks and getting a seat, takes time. Even if you have assigned seats you're still gonna have to go through lines and such.
>>
>>27954796
First come first serve.

Pay the opportunity cost of waiting or get a shitty seat.
>>
>>27954819
it takes 2 minutes max. from entering the theatre to your seat. Why would I show up an hour before the movie even starts? I prefer to have my seat assigned and show up whenever I fucking want?
>>
>>27954867
I doubt it takes you two minutes max unless you never buy food or live in a place without a busy theater. Nobody said an hour buddy, but I bet you're the kind of person who shows up when there's not an assigned seat and bitches there's no good seats left.
>>
>>27954923
>I bet you're the kind of person who shows up when there's not an assigned seat and bitches there's no good seats left
No, because I live in a place where they assign seats and every theater that doesn't should start to. Paying the same price for a shit seat as for the best seat is just a rip-off.

Also I meant from entering the actual auditorim.
>>
File: 1458002517650.jpg (351 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1458002517650.jpg
351 KB, 1200x900
>>27952712
>board regional train on my way home from an internship
>tired as fuck and also a bit ill
>find my seat, its a passage seat in one of those 4-man table configurations
>window seat is taken by a middle aged couple and, you guessed it, passage seats are taken by screaming toddlers
>someone did not think this thing through when they decided to give kids under 6 free transportation but no seat reservations
>grab conductor, tell him where my seat is and that I'm tired
>he gives me a seat number that is not occupied until station B
>take that seat, fall asleep, get woken up at station B by woman whose seat I had taken
>go back to my original seat, family is gone
>thank god

if something goes wrong just contact the staff, geez
>>
>go to cinema with mate
>we're the only 2 people there, completely empty theatre
>some autist comes in
>"you're sitting in my seat"
Fucking really?
>>
>>27952712
Kek, good finish anon. Did not expect it.
>>
>>27955990
Just realized I misunderstood the story, I originally thought OP meant that he had pirated that movie all along and never even visited the cinema, which was funny.
>>
>>27953338
They started this recently in Glasgow, it is total bullshit with no possible advantage.
>>
File: 1456186173637.jpg (35 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1456186173637.jpg
35 KB, 582x600
>>27952712
Are you not allowed to pick where you want to sit in the theatre? What country do you live in.
>>
File: DW see here nigger.jpg (27 KB, 494x370) Image search: [Google]
DW see here nigger.jpg
27 KB, 494x370
>>27953985
What a crock of shit. With how expensive it is to go the movies these days, I ought to be able to sit where I want.
>>
>>27956631
>I ought to be able to sit where I want.
Where I live you choose seat when ordering online.
>>
>>27954819
But you were talking about going so far before that you sit and wait for like 20 minutes before, not going so that you have time for that other stuff.
>>
>>27956607
You pick when buying the ticket online or at the cinema.
>>
>>27956714
Why not pirate a movie?
And not spend money for a mediocre experience with shitty people and children
>>
>>27956979
Because shitty people make shitty choices. Also, saying "I went to the cinema last night" sounds better in normie conversations, not that I would partake in such.
>>
>>27955789
Why would you sit in the guys seat?
>>
>>27952712
i've finally seen this rich dumb whore's tiddies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbAEINIwCJE
and on r9k of all places
what a day
>>
>>27956979
Because of the fat projector and speakers
>>
>>27957461
>wakes up, looks like shit
>smothers 2 pounds of makeup on her face
>looks like a completely different person

wow, women really cheat hard at life
>>
File: moon.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
moon.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
What the fuck is wrong with all you guys bitching about how shitty assigned seats are. You make reservations for the seats you wish, you pay more for the good ones or save money with the bad ones. You dont have to fight with some spergs over the best seats after showing up way to early so that you have to watch all the fucking commercials.
>>
>>27956526

>no possible advantage

Single people disrupt rows of files and worsen the experience for other customers. For example, if there are 3 seats in a row and a single dude seats in the middle, then a couple won't want to use the other 2 seats because they won't be next to each other; even thought there are enough seats, that isn't the only thing that matters. This becomes more difficult the more odd number groups there are, especially singles.

Most theaters have enacted a no single policy, which also serves to reduce the possibility of a mass shooting, but that means that if you're single you can't go to the movies. The solution is to manage who is gonna use which seats. You can only buy a single seat if it's next to seats bought by an odd numbered group or between to even numbered groups, you can't buy a single seat (or X amount of seats) if you interrupt a row in such a way that the amount of available seats on either side is odd, et cetera.

In short you are fucking stupid for thinking that there is no possible advantages, because there are advantages for everyone involved. The theater makes more money, the couples don't have trouble finding sites, and the singles are allowed to watch the movie. Kill yourself and your ignorant ass faggot.

>>27954819

>you're still gonna have to go through lines and such.
>Not having a VIP pass for quicklines.

Pleb.
>>
>>27954819
>getting prepared takes time
>using this to justify being there way too early

Ah so because america has shit service for snacks, they are justified not to have people reserve seats?

I can book over my computer, choose the seat on a map, and sit where ever i want, without stressing out.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.