[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up this morning >browse r9k before class >first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1454856029606.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1454856029606.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>wake up this morning
>browse r9k before class
>first thread I see is a guy professing that he wants to kill himself
>see a few other self deprecating threads

Do you think it's unhealthy mentally to be exposed to much of these kinds of threads and dialogues on a regular basis? I browse r9k daily
>>
>>27951544
If you're an impressionable faggot
>>
its extremely unhealthy and will corrupt your mind (ive been coming here for quite a while) im an alcoholic so i guess ive just learned to embrace it. i guess it depends on your life situation though
>>
Definitely, I find my depression kicks in extra hard when I consistently browse this board.

This place only shows you the worst side of things, it's easy to develop a toxic outlook on life in this kind of environment. /pol/ is also very similar in this aspect, another board I spend far too much time on. I'd suggest moderation.
>>
The fact that you even have the slightest doubt means that you are a normie and need to kys
>>
/r9k/ used to be fun during it's first incarnation, now I just feel like it's some kind cesspool of edginess and self-validation. If you're a robot then you're probably one of them, which would mean you'll be just fine
>>
>>27951641
>kys

Fuck off Reptilian fagoid
>>
I went through my darkest period before I found r9k. It was worse than r9k because I thought I was essentially alone and that no one else was like me.
So to me r9k is just funny. It doesn't affect me one way or the other.
If anything it's a sense of relief knowing others are like me. Gives a sense of closure to the whole thing.
>>
I'm usually lonely and want to kill myself, so its nice to have a place to joke about it without normies trying to save me or something
>>
File: 1458727362056.jpg (8 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1458727362056.jpg
8 KB, 249x243
Happy 26 year old here. Still browse r9k since 2010 because its an easy and entertaining way to vent to, relate to and share life's burdens with other people who spent their whole life nust barely fitting into society.

As long as you have at least one or two close friends and dont come here to wallow in self pity everyday you should be fine.
>>
I post threads like those all the time just to shitpost
>>
I've noticed that I tend to assume that everything posted here is at least partly ironical.
I would actually be horrified to discover that everyone here was totally serious.
>>
I don't know. /r9k/ usually makes me feel better. It's the normie boards like /soc/ that trigger my depression and feelings of alienation.
>>
>>27951922
Same, I can't take a lot of stuff on r9k seriously, but there are some posts that just hit you really hard, and it can easly affect your mindset into depression, but just the meme way if you also have a life outside.
>>
File: 1430766835916.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
1430766835916.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>>27951544
You get immune eventually not.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.