[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm terrible at mathematics could I do a Computer Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: VgZr46iw.png (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
VgZr46iw.png
55 KB, 400x400
I'm terrible at mathematics could I do a Computer Science degree at university and pass it or should I just do Information Systems?
>>
If you are terrible at math, you may as well kill yourself because you are below average IQ.
>>
>>27950726
You or I can't really know that it's not that I have a below average IQ even though IQ is just a meme it's the fact that I never payed attention or took an interest in anything.
>>
>>27950693
If you're not very good at maths, go for information systems. With comp science you will have to do things like discrete maths for computing and that can get pretty overwhelming if you don't have a solid maths foundation.
>>
>>27950753
If you're so lazy, then what makes you think your useless ass can achieve anything at university?
>>
>>27950760
Thanks for the reply I think I'd prefer to be a system admin anyway so Information Systems seems the way to go.
>>
It depends on the course content, but I'd recommend having at least a basic grasp of matrices and set theory, as well as stuff like modulo which you might not have encountered before.
Any decent university is going to have at least one maths module in their CS course.
>>
>>27950783
Why are you so mad if you have nothing to contribute to my thread leave.
>>
>>27950791
Thanks I think working with the hardware more then the software is more for me.
>>
>>27950813
No problem. I'm rooting for you, anon.
>>
>>27950788
Sounds good to me, good luck anon
>>
>>27950846
>>27950856
Thanks only thing I'm worried about is getting out of university and there being no job prospects with an Information Systems degree but a lot of people will take you on just because you have that piece of paper I'll probably get certs while going to uni as well and hopefully get an internship.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.