[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1458313596948.jpg (95 KB, 903x714) Image search: [Google]
1458313596948.jpg
95 KB, 903x714
>make profile
>use picture of some regular normal guy because can't use own
>just browse some girls
>sometimes message
>some of them say I'm funny and like talking to me

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, it's not like I can actually ever show them my real face

It's good for talking practice I guess
>>
Why can't you show them your face?
Why are you doing this when it will inevitably hurt?
Why not just meet people online but never share pictures?
>>
>>27948927
>Why not just meet people online but never share pictures?
Girls don't talk to you if they don't know what you look like
>>
>>27948958
Not on dating sites, but on other things they will. If no one shares pictures there's usually no trouble having a good conversation.
>>
>>27948927
>Why not just meet people online but never share pictures?
The point is that even if we got along and talked and liked each other nothing would come of it because she wouldn't like me irl
>>
>>27948987
If you only care about IRL interactions, why meet people online at all?
>>
>>27948994
Because... what? I browse my matches to see who lives in my area. It's a good tool for finding people.

What do you even mean
>>
>>27949045
But if you aren't using a real face on your online profile, those matches are meaningless in the real world.
>>
>>27949059
... that's what this thread is about.
It seems I have to spell this out for you, but people don't like my face irl.

Did you seriously not get that
>>
>>27949097
I get that the thread is about that
What I don't understand is WHY you are meeting people online when this is the problem IRL.
>>
>>27949129
Alright I won't talk to anyone then
>>
File: 1460590393026.png (87 KB, 235x243) Image search: [Google]
1460590393026.png
87 KB, 235x243
>>27948911
>>27948987
>>27949097
Whatever your face looks like lying about it will only result in disaster if you do meet-up.
Normie here, met my gf online and she told me once about this dude who said on his profile he was 1,70m (fuck your retarded units) and when they met up he turned out to be 1,55/60m.
How can you consciously lie about a hard fact like height and hope that it'll all go well and people won't probably notice you were bullshitting them?
>>
>>27949237
Was it because he was 155/160 or because he lied about it?

I am having a hard time thinking that women wouldn't mind a liar if he said he was 160 and turned out to be tall.
>>
>>27949237
No I totally get that. All my info is correct except the pic. I wouldn't meet with anyone without clearing that up first.

It's just a nice experience when people react so positively to you.
>>
>>27949263
Lie about it and get rejected "for lieing" or tell the truth and get ignored, such is the life of a double manlet (that must lie that he's a 1.70M manlet)
>>
>>27949263
Both, imagine meeting up with him: in one glance you know that he is both a manlet and a liar.
And of course I imagine that statistically speaking people wouldn't mind it the other way around, although there is no incentive to lie about a positive trait; unfair as it may seem, being short for a guy is a disadvantage.
It's like a girl saying she has an "average" body on her profile: if she turns out to be a landwhale or just plain fat it'll be a no no for me, if she's skinny/toned I won't mind, especially if I'm looking for someone to hook up with.
>>
>lie on my profile
>still get no messages
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.