[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to ask one last time before it happens. What is everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: 1460901074986.png (32 KB, 337x338) Image search: [Google]
1460901074986.png
32 KB, 337x338
I need to ask one last time before it happens.

What is everything I need to know about suicide via insulin overdose? I'm not diabetic, and I can take 30 units at once. The brand name of what I have is Humalog Novolog Apidra, and a quick google search tells me that's rapid acting.

I've been asking about this last few days but haven't gotten very solid answers. Before I try anything can someone let me know if what I have is sufficient and if there is a high risk I'll fuck up, because I've read the consequences of failure are pretty horrible.

Thanks in advance.
>>
why bother
walk up hill
find steep cliff
aim head down
>>
Ya just jump off a building way less risk of failure
>>
>>27948269
>>27948292
middle of nowhere Arizona

no tall buildings with easy roof access nearby, and I'm also nowhere near a cliff. I'm not going to take the risk of jumping head first two stories.
>>
>>27948327
hahah bonk
cervical damage for life
itd be funny, do it pls
>>
Don't do it man you'll have plenty of time to be dead there's no rush
>>
>>27948353
Funny way to look at it.
>>
>>27948247
Welp... not trying to spoil your fun, even though I do think it's probably a bad idea and you shouldn't do it, but why?

Do you have like a clinical condition like severe depression? Dont they have medication for that?
And if not, isn't there anything you'd still want to do/try? Like I always thought before I off myself I'm gonna indulge in all kinds of dangerous drugs just for shits and giggles. Heroin sounds fun too...
>>
>>27948654
the reality is

are you not a functional productive member of your class? would a permanent dosage of brain and body damage change your mind?
>>
OP here. I fucked it up. Kind of went into auto-mode and went and did it. I injected ten units before realizing I was acting rash and could go fucking brain dead and live another 10 or so years. So I quit, am currently laying back and drinking two sodas since the amount I took will just make me feel shitty.
>>27948654
Heroin was my original method of suicide but the guy backed out and wouldn't sell to me. I kind of snapped this weekend and was dead set on dying, so I was willing to resort to this. Heroin would of been a perfect way to go, no risk fucking up your brain if it doesn't work, and you'll die high as a kite, completely painless. I might try and make an effort to find another source. But nah, lifes a bitch. I don't care about doing anything fun before, I just want to be out of here.
>>
>>27948678
what? were you talking to me (the guy you quoted) or was "the reality is" your answer? I dont get it either way, sorry.
>>
>>27948754
>Heroin would of been a perfect way to go, no risk fucking up your brain if it doesn't work, and you'll die high as a kite, completely painless

i would advise you researched this a bit more
>>
>>27948891
What else can you tell me? From what I'm aware you just kind of drift off, the downside being you can be pretty much revived instantly unless you're completely dead.
>>
>>27948948
its excruciatingly painful and not necessarily fast. listen, if it was actually any good at that, why does the state waste its time trying to find pheno to use in its executions? and even when they do find it, take a look at botched executions. they use a 3 substance system to make it work and even THAT has a worryingly high failure rate.
>>
>>27948948
and as far as the insulin? what did you look up to come up with that number, that 30 was enough and 10 wasnt? remember, the "average acceptable" dose includes EVERYONE who takes it. when you see a box of panadiene and the back says dont take more then 8 a day, this also includes: grandfathers and grandmothers, people suffering all sorts of ailments, heavy drinkers, drug users. they account for the fact that anyone might take it, so the highest safest dose on the back of any box assumes your the most frail person who conceivably might take it. doubling the back of the box, if your healthy, would be fine. if 10 units is survivable for a normal, healthy human being, then 20 is just as likely. which means thirty, is barely above the acceptable dosage, of normal, not suicide use.

if you can survive 10 easily, and just feel a bit shit, i wouldnt take any less then 100 units, and only if i was desperate. get yourself a shotgun. if you cant get one, buy some shotgun shells, some pvc pipe and a nail.
>>
>>27949067
>>its excruciatingly painful

fuck off man. people who make up bullshit about suicide methods being painful in an attempt to prevent suicide are total scumbags. telling this lie doesn't make you a hero, all you're doing is increasing the chance a person who's already suffering will choose a more violent method.
>>
File: 126892494275924592681348023.jpg (89 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
126892494275924592681348023.jpg
89 KB, 1024x726
>Went into auto mode and went and did it

AUTO BOTS, ROLL OUT!
>>
>>27949116
I guess you're right. Thanks for the advice. I'd heard of people getting really fucked up taking just 5 extra units, but I see your point. While I saw stories of people going into a coma taking 10 units and not eating, I also read about some guy saying he took 90 units then went to bed, only to wake up fine. I guess the fact that it was rapid acting also lead me to believe it would be more effective. I got desperate this weekend, but now I feel cool headed and I'll plan out the next attempt carefully.
>>
File: ITS A WOLF A WOLF.jpg (21 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
ITS A WOLF A WOLF.jpg
21 KB, 300x168
>>27949144
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=34d_1412978130

yeah, shes crying because shes having fun. you know most heroin users will tell you about the first time you take heroin? you puke. because of system shock. does that sound fun

did we also forget i wasnt telling him NOT to commit suicide, just not to do it THAT way?
>>
File: 1460962069618.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460962069618.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>27949173
Did no one get how genius this joke was? I mean, it took me like a full 2 minutes to think this up, then another 2 minutes to get the right image. I mean, jesus, have some respect for my art you DEGENERATE
>>
I ODed on 8 grams of propranolol crushed and mixed with ice cream and washed down with half a bottle of vodka and an antiemetic (prochlorperazine) to prevent vomiting in 2013. It was pretty peaceful, I just passed out from the booze (drank it really fast) without suffering at all.

I woke up in hospital because someone came home a few hours early. The drugs had stopped my heart like they were supposed too, but I was in the ICU when it happened so they were able to restart it after 2 minutes. But it was basically a successful attempt, if I hadn't been in hospital when it stopped I'd be 100% dead with no suffering whatsoever. It's not true that drugs can't work, it's IMPULSIVE overdoses that don't work. If you do your research, you're smart and make sure you have enough of the drug, they can work fine.
>>
>>27949177
yeah. we have no idea what or who those peoples real problems and medical history was. infact, its a given that patients will and do lie about their medical histories, so it would be crazy to assume everyone is telling the truth and to actually put the highest safe dose on the back. instead, its the lowest. because when your grandma drinks a beer and pops a head ache tablet, and she fucking dies because whoops it really was that close to the max dose, the doctor gets sued.

if i can walk to a counter and buy codiene over it, then so can ANYONE. and that anyone could be...well, anyone. including people with serious medical issues.

now here comes the part where i tell you why you shouldnt kill yourself. feel free to stop reading here. if you actually wanted to die, then things like "a tall buildings too far away" or "i cant afford a shotgun" dont "get in the way". your talking on either a phone, tablet, laptop or computer. walk to the nearest op shop, sell it. you now have the money for a taxi ride to the nearest bridge. if you genuinely wanted to die, you wouldnt be here, asking. youd be 12 bucks 50 into a cab fare towards the nearest anything.
>>
>>27949173
I mean, REALLY!? Not one person? It is a double edged sword, because it says auto, like when he said auto mode, but it also says bot, like robot, and Optimus Prime is in a FUCKING WHEELCHAIR. I mean, gimme some credit boys.
>>
>>27949232
oh, and since i can tell your not very committed to the suicide, the worst thing you could do is choose a slow, painful one, a one where you get a chance to regret it. shotgun. dont fuck around. across the hemispheres of the brain, left to right. NOT the ear, above it, a bit forward. that way the inevitable regret wont even have a chance
>>
File: 166135916563151691.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
166135916563151691.png
93 KB, 500x422
WHAT THE FUCK JUST APPRECIATE MY AAAAARRRRRTTTTTT YOU FUCKING NIGGGGGGGGGGEEEERRRR
>>
>>27949225
>propranolol
where do you get this?
I have strong antiemetics at home from stomach issues.
>>
>>27949232
I'm unable to obtain a gun under any circumstance. Tall buildings here don't have roof access. I'm just going to try and stick with the heroin plan, because it shouldn't be too hard to go through with and will be a pretty decent way to go. Like I said, I acted too rash tonight and don't want to do that again, so I'll put a little effort in next time. Man though, I don't get how people can write 20 page notes and spend months perfecting their plan to do it, that's a fucking amount of effort I couldn't fathom going through to die. Those people must be holding back pretty hard though and are focused on what they'll leave behind when they're gone. I've decided to completely ignore what will happen once I'm gone and getting ready to do this has become 100x easier.
>>
>>27949314
Hey bud, could you at least tell me you read the joke? It would mean a lot>>27949173
>>
>>27949326
Skimmed over it at first. Looked back. Pretty good, would recommend.
>>
File: 503.gif (898 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
503.gif
898 KB, 200x200
>>27949336
My nigga... you the real MVP.
>>
File: 1460961556248.jpg (112 KB, 830x569) Image search: [Google]
1460961556248.jpg
112 KB, 830x569
>>27949340
Just for telling me how genius my joke was, imma post more dank memes until you don't want to kill yourself/you drown in them.
>>
>>27949314
no, heroin overdose is still not the way. its still painful, it still sucks. read the stories of people who survived heroin overdoses. it tends to be suffocating to death.
>I'm unable to obtain a gun under any circumstance
steal it. find out what your local police department uses, research the safety and youtube how the holster works and how to unlatch it quickly, and just...wait near a police department till a cop walks past. what are you worried about, getting shot?
>Tall buildings here don't have roof access.
they have windows. break it. what are you worried about, getting arrested when you land at the bottom?
>>
>>27949340
I'm American but you can't get a gun here if you've had inpatient psychiatric stays, unless you get one illegally and I don't really know how to do that.

I'm slowly stockpiling the meds my psych gives me, but last time I took all of my pills I just ended up throwing up everywhere and went to the hospital. I didn't think about the antiemetic, which I have as a patch. maybe that will help things next time.
>>
File: 1460959924963.png (443 KB, 1008x757) Image search: [Google]
1460959924963.png
443 KB, 1008x757
I mean, honestly,>>27949368 has a point. Why are you worried about meds when you can instantly die by a cops gun? Or by jumping out a window? Meds have never seemed like the best way to go for me...
>>
>>27949368
Okay, that gun thing is flat out retarded. If I try breaking a window and get stopped I'm pretty fucked there too. Heroin I could just use in my room and OD. I know suffocation is usually the cause of death for it, but from what I've read you're unaware that you're not even breathing, so it sounds pretty decent. Even though you might look like pure shit I'm pretty certain you don't feel like it.
>>
>>27949384
You sound like an attention whore little faggot. "Next Time"? What the fuck is that shit? There shouldn't be a "Next Time" you pussy. Just end it
>>
>>27949419
gotta feel just awful enough to do it but not so awful that I can't move to get out of bed to do it
it's a tricky balance, friend
>>
>>27949419
OP here, I'm not that guy. But I've been in inpatient and also can't get a gun for that reason. Just looking to end it now however I can.
>>
>>27949419
>>27949443
Trust me, I know all about it. But part of the reason I am still alive today is because I nutted up and made a decision. Choose, live or die, don't wait around like a faggot for something to change, make it change, or end it all.
>>
Don't try this shit man. Any chemically induced death with easily available materials will either be a fucking nightmare, or will be gentle but carries a huge risk of failing and leaving you severely damaged, possibly lethally so, but the prolonged organ-failure sort of lethal that not even the most suicidal person wants to experience.

More importantly, don't try to kill yourself. I've been there so know that I probably can't convince you, but no matter how shit your life is it is almost certainly not as hopeless as you think it is.
>>
>>27949466
That's pretty much why I freaked out and was set on doing it this weekend. I panicked realizing there is no fucking reason to wait. Either I just need to be out of here, or I just go through more of this shit for no reason at all, since there really is no reason to hold off suicide. Although it sucks I'm going to be here for a little longer, I need to just find the right plan now and make it happen. I can't be too rash, but I have to act as quick as I can.
>>
people go through such elaborate methods to kill themselves when the shit they use for lethal injection is just straight potassium, shit you can buy pounds of in the store. IV a few grams of it and your heart will stop instantaneously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection#Potassium_chloride

not that you should kill yourself
>>
>>27948327
Bus to grand canyon idiot
>>
>>27949435
I already have persistent serotonin syndrome from my antidepressants, it's not so bad. the hallucinations are the worst part, they get me when I least expect them.

I have
~7.35g venlafaxine
~180mg haloperidol and ~60mg ondansetron, these meds interact
~2.4g trazodone
~400mg topiramate and ~500mg lamotrigine, med interaction

I don't really have a lot of other options because I'm poor and a fucking chicken. do you think this will work? it will at least put me to sleep, so maybe it wouldn't be too agonizing.
>>
Dumb question, but can't you just put something really tight around your neck to stop the blood flowing to your brain and then handcuff your hands behind your back to avoid panic induced abortion?

There's tons of stories of kids doing this shit to get a kick out of it, they pass out cold and some even died from it. Should be pretty painless too.

Is it really that hard to kill yourself? Not that I want to try it myself or advocate anyone doing it but it sounds easy as fuck...
>>
>>27949192

you piece of shit, she's not even dead. Heroid overdose is due to respiratory depression and the victim is usually not even conscious when it happens.
Death after an overdose happens so quickly that they find them with the needles still in their arms.
>>
>>27949718
The big fucking thing everyone is scared of is brain damage. If you get found unconscious like that, if they revive you you could wake up a vegetable. Then you'd be fucking stuck like that, and there wouldn't be shit you could do to end your own life. All because you couldn't plan out an effective method that didn't have a high out come of becoming retarded.
>>
>>27949765
It just seems so much easier to just make sure you're alone for the next 8-10 hours than most of the other methods. I mean how likely is it that someone finds you between say 8pm and 8am when everybody is asleep.
Hell you could even do it while there's other people in your house... just throw a blanket over yourself and even IF someone were to check in on you it's very unlikely they'd notice.
>>
don't do it mane, things can still change
>>
>>27949405
>If I try breaking a window and get stopped I'm pretty fucked there too
literally how. anyways your not even trying. you could be taxi-ing anywhere right now, pawning off whatever your using to afford it and just going anywhere easy, google maps galore. you really just want to do heroin
>>
>>27948247
Dont listen to anons and jump
Read all the stories of people who jumped off bridges and survived
They all say the same thing every time
"I regretted jumping as soon as I jumped"
>>
>>27950264
That's because they ended up surviving and now have to live the rest of their already shitty lives as a cripple.
>>
>>27948754
>be in Arizona
>buy gun
>kill self

How is this so hard.
>>
>>27949722
actually i was looking for this one with two guys in the park and one of them od`s and bloats up really badly and it looked miserable as fuck. regardless of any single video i was talking about, it wouldnt really matter because its only one video of one person dying. if your serious about actually killing yourself this way, you need to look into it a lot more because its not some magical easy thing to do with no side effects at all if you fuck up. you can botch it, stop breathing for a while and recover but have brain damage, or go into a coma. i wouldnt use heroin to kill myself id use it right before doing "insertplanhere". still, if you really wanted to kill yourself you could do it right now and your not. why not just, try the heroin for recreational purposes for a while, might be fun. can always kill yourself later
>>
>>27948247
Dude if you're just going to try and OD
then at least OD on something cool
Like smoking a Jeffrey or something
>>
>>27950295
Not true at all
Most of them broke a few bones and that's it.
They regretted it because they had time to think about their lives and the people they love al the way to their, albeit unsuccessful, death.
>>
>>27949217
it's too obvious and stupid. put some more effort into it and you might get some (you)'s
>>
>>27949405

shooting dope isn't just as easy as putting a rig in your arm and pushing the plunger. You'll probably miss a veini you have no idea of what you're doing , which hurts like a sonsabitch. You could maybe just kill yourself by sniffing a gram I guess, but that could definitely fail. It's got a very low bioavailability too
>>
>>27950745

*oral bioavailability
>>
>>27948754
I'm glad you're still here. Depression sucks but I'm sure you noticed that you didn't want to die.
>>
>>27950264
This. The trillisecond somebody pulls the trigger they regret it.
>>
>>27949401
>instantly die by a cops gun
Jesus Christ, the fucking delusion here...
>>
>>27949173
i laughed, this was a good joke
>>
>>27950295
no its just Self preservation kicks in your brain and body, giving you an amazing sensation and hooked feeling. Most depressed fucks lack Fight or Flight chemicals released in their brain, they should excite themself and take a new hobby /be social
>>
>>27949326
>Hey bud, could you at least tell me you read the joke? It would mean a lot>>27949173

I'm late to the thread but was reading and legit laughed out loud when i saw the auto bot
>>
>>27948754
Wait till winter, walk out deep into a forest. Drink as much vodka as you humanly can. Leave you clothes open and sleep in the snow. You will not feel very cold because of the booze and it helps ease the pain inside too. And if you sleep in the snow you will not wake up in the morning. This is my method of killing myself even if I will probably never do it.

That said, waiting for the winter gives the time to think it trough. I hope you find something to keep you going Op.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.