[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots here play any Yume Nikki games/fangames? Or anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1444848272656.jpg (232 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
1444848272656.jpg
232 KB, 800x574
Any robots here play any Yume Nikki games/fangames? Or anything in this niche (RPGmaker horror/surreal games)

this includes Ib, Ao Oni, etcetera

And on a related note do any robots keep dream journals?

t. lonely, depressed, LSD-needing pizza shit
>>
I translated an old edition of Yume 2kki for Uboachan once.
>>
File: 1444792424883.jpg (271 KB, 800x1076) Image search: [Google]
1444792424883.jpg
271 KB, 800x1076
>>27946995
That's awesome! I was browsing Uboachan around that time I believe. Did you ever name/tripfag? We may know each other.

Besides that Yume 2kki is my favorite fangame. What was the translating process like? Seeing as it's not a dialogue heavy game (none of these are), I'd like to know if there was any real challenges. I was able to read the menus and stuff of the untranslated game with the tiny bit of Japanese I know (mostly the katakana stuff).

On another note, whats your favorite areas in the game?
>>
>>27946980
I really liked Ib.
>>
Legit beat Yume Nikki with only having to look up a couple of the obscure effects (towel/triangle kerchief).

Wasted some time on LSD dream emulator but without any actual objective other than avoiding the gray man long enough for textures to get fucked up it gets old fast.
>>
>>27947036
Ib had an amazing soundtrack and lovely plot development. Do you have a favorite character? I'm really nostalgic for the entire game and its aesthetic
>>
>>27947022
>Did you ever name/tripfag? We may know each other.
Afraid not. I did host the translations on a domain I owned at the time, loliconsystems.me. I would imagine that that was pretty memorable.

>Besides that Yume 2kki is my favorite fangame. What was the translating process like?
Really boring. Playing through, noticing text, opening it up in RPG Maker, finding the string, Google translating it, looking it up in the dictionary to make sure it was reasonably correct, then saving it.

>On another note, whats your favorite areas in the game?
I haven't played in over a year, but I liked everything except the Feudal Japan area. That shit was infuriating to navigate.
>>
>>27947099
Ah right, the tatami area was a big scrambling maze... And that translating process sounds grating but not too difficult. I don't remember that domain name unfortunately. Have you played any other fangames up to this point? Do you delve into the more obscure ones?
>>
>>27947142
I played several until I faded out. I really like .flow and would have to say that it's probably my favorite other than Yume Nikki. There were a lot of really promising western ones too on the wiki, but they never got finished (or really started for that matter).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.