[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking therapists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: 4322342343341.png (593 KB, 653x483) Image search: [Google]
4322342343341.png
593 KB, 653x483
>At the therapist
>Gives me some shitty analogy
>"Life is like being the captain of a boat"
>"You don't really care about whats behind but you need to find a destination and set a course"
>mfw I don't care about the bloody destination or the course
>I just want to be free from shit that rocks the boat
>Always saying shit like "You just need to find the thing in life that excites you"
>"You just need the right medication"
Nothing in life excites me and I am completely content with that, I've become comfortably numb and just want to drift through this pointless life until the day I die I don't care where I'm going or how I get there I just want to avoid shit that causes me more stress or suffering, I don't have any traumas or anything and seeing this therapist is pointless I'm just waiting to get referred to someone who can give me a medical certificate showing my mental state so I can have a way to avoid the monotony of it all, I don't even take the shitty medication it doesn't work and I don't trust the medical jew. I don't really know what the point of this thread is anyway share therapist stories or feels I guess.
>>
>>27944987
>I don't care where I'm going or how I get there I just want to avoid shit that causes me more stress or suffering
that isn't possible unless you're at the front fucking steering
you can't fucking steer unless you stop being a beta
avoiding stress and suffering is near impossible, being numb is unsustainable
jesus fucking christ you retard how can you not grasp this
>>
>>27944987
I know how you feel. I recently started seeing a new therapist and basically all he told me was
>wow you're pretty fucked up
>you need to take meds
>>
>>27944987

The point is that you have to participate in the therapy you nigger. If you throw a little kid tantrum every time someone challenges your bullshit then you're not going to get anywhere.
>>
Legitimate advice here.

What was your childhood dream? Go chase it.

I seriously went from bear suicide to having a purpose because I decided to pursure the career I wanted as a kid.
>>
>>27945053
>True I just don't care about a destination
>Not a beta I am not mentally weak or a woman orbiter or anything like that I'm not chad but definitely not a beta
>"Avoiding stress is impossible so who cares about trying to avoid higher stress situations"-no
>"Being numb is unsustainable"-says who?
>>
>>27945122
near suicide*

Lol bear suicide
>>
>>27945107
Like I said I don't have any traumas or anything like that in my life I had bad days and good days but just mediocre shit like "oh no today I fell on my bike and scraped my knee" I never got molested or beaten or anything like that I just gradually grew more and more apathetic towards life as I aged and nothing I do changes that, I have talked with the therapist a lot and neither he nor I can agree on or find any cause for this issue, sometimes shit just happens I guess
>>
File: wojakahab.jpg (193 KB, 644x384) Image search: [Google]
wojakahab.jpg
193 KB, 644x384
>>27944987
>Life is like being the captain of a boat
I NEVER ASKED FOR A CREWLESS DERELICT TUGBOAT
>>
File: 1460308430633.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1460308430633.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>27944987
You shoulda said

>"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get"
>>
>>27945122
I always wanted to be a bear that killed himself
>>
>>27944987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFo_E9Fq2k

Sorry, not enough people know the superior version of this song.
>>
>>27944987
>dad finds blood in sink and calls my social worker
>had to see him today
>He brings in this female psychologist who's like mid 40's
>"yeah, hey, how's it going? cool! That's awesome!"
>>"some nights I can't think about anything but hurting myself"
>"That must be so hard for you, you are so strong"
>some worthless compliment every single response
>"what if you just listen to some funny music when you want to hurt yourself?"
>>"I've tried listening to all sorts of music"
>"what about doing things you like when you want to cut?"
>>"I've tried everything, I can't stop these obsessive thoughts"
>"That must be so hard for you, you are so strong"
I really wanted to tell her to shut up. By the end I was just shutting down anything she said that was fucking dumb and cringing at her fake compliments

There's no advice a therapist could give me that could just fix any real issue I have..
>>
>>27945453
Yeah I specifically asked at least for a dude when my doctor referred me to get """help""" because I heard a lot about how women therapist/psychologist are just incapable of understanding our minds and will just give you shitty advice like that this guy might not be able to help me but at least his advice is nowhere near as normie/bad as that.
>>
>>27945142
>>"Being numb is unsustainable"-says who?
says someone who's tried
>>
>>27944987
you'll care where you go once you become a hobo
>>
>>27945634
You clearly didn't read my post right I just want to avoid suffering being homeless is just that, what I mean is I don't care about having some specific career or dream or anything like that I don't care what job I do as long as I don't have to interact too much with people.
>>
>>27944987
I feel ya OP. Although I'm inclined to believe you feel strongly enough about something to create a thread so at least that's something.
You don't seem to be looking for advice so this thread doesn't really have a purpose. Instead, let make this about games. I've been playing a good bit of Orcs Must Die! Unchained as of late. Have you played it?
>>
>>27944987
wow anon, why don't you tell this shit to your therapist?
>>
>>27945160
Do bears ever commit suicide?
>>
honestly i feel bad for everyone that doesn't get me as their therapist

i'm really tops

sorry, if you don't like them get another one, search through your insurance and zip through psychology today, and maybe type in "jungian" under type

that's what i did to get my ok therapist
>>
>>27945680
be a janitor
destination aqcuired
>>
>>27945731
I kinda have tried he just gives me the good ol' "No you can't think that way, that way of thinking is incorrect" like I have some sort of obligation to have some career goal and wanting to have a big happy family or something, can't I just want what I want without people telling me that I am wrong?
>>
>>27945122
>What was your childhood dream? Go chase it
Well let's see. I wanted to become a time traveller. Oh wait, that's never happening. Fuck off normie with your shite """""advice""""".
>>
What's it like being able to afford therapy?
>>
>want to see psychologist
>$200 per hour
>with medicare it's $75 per hour
What sly fuckers
>>
>>27945814
You're just a cunt mate.

Seriously just off yourself.
>>
>>27945825
I get it free from the gobermints the next guy (who can actually give me a certificate) won't be free however but a few hundred bucks to avoid suicidal thought inducing lifestyles is worth it
>>
>>27945806
Why not argue with your therapist?
If you are moderately educated in philosophy you should be able to pick apart every single analogy and piece of bullshit advice.
>>
>>27945868
Might try it next time but I don't want to get thrown into the looney bin where society puts things they don't want to have to comprehend existing
>>
>>27944987
>implying you control your own life

Fuck yoiur therapist.
>>
>>27945896
You just need to be good.
The goal of arguing is not bludgeoning your opposition into submission, but making them see things your way.

Tearing apart things like >>27945053 is easy.
>>
>>27945856

Did you even read it the question?

You act like having a few hundred dollars to spend is common. Maybe it is, but I sure as shit can't afford it. I'm sure it's worth it for you because apparently you have the money to spend.
>>
File: 1447775342731.png (432 KB, 674x780) Image search: [Google]
1447775342731.png
432 KB, 674x780
>>27945748
Yes, they do
Wonderful world, isn't it?
>>
>>27945748
The sad ones...
>>
Normies:
>You're in control of your entire life and its influences are all self made.

Normies:
>Privilege exists and predetemines your life and the opportunities you receive.

Brought this up in my session and I could see her fucking head spin.
>>
>>27945845
Not until you choke on your boyfriend's dick faggot.
>>
>>27945972
Isn't there any avenue for you to get help anyway? I don't know where you live but I'm assuming most countries give the most poor at least some way to get help free, I'm sure if I didn't have the money to get diagnosed I could still find a way to get it free.
>>
>>27946020
>wah wah wah therapist doesnt help me
>wah wah wah your advice sucks

You aren't improving because you're an asshole. Either quit being a whiny bitch, suck it up and fucking work on yourself or buy a gun and shoot yourself in the head.
>>
>>27946063
Just wanted to chime in here this guy ur arguing with isn't OP, idk who he is
>>
>>27946043

America doesn't care about its people, only the money they spend. At best, I could get a payment plan and have even less money per month than I do now.
>>
>>27946063
Not him and you should get the fuck off this board, you don't belong here and frankly no one will miss you.
>>
>>27946166
Clearly if you shoot yourself in the face no one will miss you either.

Even your therapist, the bastard you're paying to make you feel better, has given up and is just giving you anecdotes hoping you keep paying.
>>
>>27946287
We all end up dead either way. You'll just have worked a lot more and been about 1500% more gay, faggot
>>
>>27946313
It would work out better if you ended up dead sooner. Your parents would probably be relieved they don't have to deal with your shit anymore.
>>
>>27946345
>Using kys
>On /r9k/
You do realize everyone that comes here who isn't some sightseeing normie or sadistic Stacy wants that. You really can't be this dense.
>>
>>27946424
Then do it.

You want it? Then just fucking do it.

I bet you're too much of a pussy. You whine and complain and say there's no hope, then fucking do it.
>>
> getting comfortably numb
> universe throws me a taste of the normie life to give me hope
> snatch it away
> have to start shutting myself off again from scratch
>>
>>27944987
if you are content and comfortably numb then what's the problem? keep drifting through your pointless life and stop complaining
>>
>>27946741
Because I am at the moment comfortable but without evidence of my state I will be forced into situations I do not like, its peace of mind at least if I have a piece of paper to exempt me from stuff like that
>>
>>27944987
>I just want to avoid shit that causes me more stress or suffering
I am going to tell you the horrible truth of life: you cannot avoid stress or suffering, and if you try to you will only land yourself in yet more of it. Your best option is to suffer and stress strategically: seek it out when you know it will prevent you from suffering and stressing more later, and you will minimize its presence in your life. That is the best you can hope to achieve. Having the self-discipline to adopt this strategy is the essence of maturity.
>>
>>27946813

Yes you can. There's always a way out.
>>
>>27946813
Well that's basically what I am going to do I just wanted to put myself simply. I'm not going to do something stupid like avoid the stress of paying bills just to have more stress later I will work to reduce the overall stress over the course of my life.
>>
File: 1356156568.jpg (17 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1356156568.jpg
17 KB, 680x383
>go to uni so i can go to therapist for free
>can't loose anything so why not
>just tells me to get out more which i've been trying for the past three to four years but i still feel empty
>before the first meeting is over she already recommending me to take anti depressants
>don't want to because the negative side effects
>next few meetings we do personality test and career test
>i've taken them all multiple times before
>therapy isn't helping at all
>can see that she really wants to help me and is worried about me
>lie and tell her i'm getting better

It doesn't get better does it?Why do normalfags always spread that meme that it does
>>
>>27944987
sounds quite similar to me
>>
>>27944987
I am respectfull, honest, etc. to my therapists. but i had this one therapist who made me feel like what i was trying to say didnt amount to anything..
after i realized this i stopped talking to him, stood up and told him "i am tired of giving you money" walked out and never went back.

i changed cities, amd found a jewish psychiatrist named Jerome who is freaking awesome. he lets me do 90 percent of the talking and he really makes me feel like what i have to say matters.

therapy is a verry intimate situation, if you ever feel uncomfortable with your therapist, switch as soon as you can.
>>
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for a physical and I'm trying to convince myself to tell him about my depression/mental issues and get help from a therapist. It's gotten to the point where I feel like only a professional can dig me out of this hole before it gets really bad. No one in my life, not even my parents, knows how depressed and miserable I am. Of course I would tell my parents everything if I were to get a referral to a therapist because I'm financially dependent on them, but even the thought of doing this scares me.

Will my doctor just try to prescribe me some medication? I'd really rather see a therapist, but from reading this thread it sounds like a therapist would just try to put me on pills too.
>>
Congratulations, OP, you've become sane.
>>
>>27947075

You and I are very alike, anon. Idk how old you are, but I can say that at 27, things have only gotten worse.
>>
>>27944987
>you don't really care about whats behind

What if its Somalian Pirates. Stupid normies
>>
>>27947634
Turning 21 soon. I really want it to get better but things ain't looking good
>>
>>27947075
First step, find a male therapist

Women are used to being included in social situations just because they are women, she doesn't understand what you are going through and humoring her isn't doing you any good.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.