[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill me. Just seen this. Any fembots wanna play xbone with me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: received_10205359036809437.jpg (38 KB, 850x540) Image search: [Google]
received_10205359036809437.jpg
38 KB, 850x540
Kill me.

Just seen this. Any fembots wanna play xbone with me?
>>
Whats the point of the emojis? Can't they just put the temperature Fahrenheit and Celsius.
>>
>>27944494
as a Canadian, the emojis would be reversed for me.

Fuck emojicast
>>
>>27943353
Don't have an xbone.

Got a wiiu?
>>
>>27944616
Ah nope. Wish I do sometimes. Like right now
>>
>>27944644
Shame. I would have played Smash bros or Mario Kart 8 with you.
>>
>>27944666
Nice trips whatas your WiiU name?
>>
>>27944689
I'd honestly have to check. I don't need to know it often.

Is this like a "I'm gonna play right now," thing, or just an "out of curiosity," thing?
>>
>>27944666
I would've gotten one but sadly you named off the only games on that system I would ever play. Which is why I regretted purchasing a Wii back in the day.
>>
>>27944755
Hey, there's also the new Zelda game coming out, as well as Mario Maker and Xenoblade X (I know it's censored, but fuck it, its still a great game).
>>
>>27944711
No I'm going to add you later. I understand you're probably not a fembot but I don't really care either way
>>
>>27944844
Gimme a throw away email, and I'll email you the name. The gamepad is only a foot away, anyways.
>>
>>27944796
I quit twilight princess at the front gates of the last dungeon and haven't forgiven myself since. I regret not playing the first xenoblade but Mario maker did look promising. And they only censored the underwear textures! Right? Silly /v/
>>
>>27944909
No idea what was censored on Xenoblade X. I wish I played the first one, but I'm not paying ebay prices, and I'm not going out and buying a New 3DS just to play that one game.

Twilight princess felt lazy. Zelda's been hit or miss since it went 3D. OoT was good, didn't care for MM, WW is my favorite 3D Zelda (although there is no reason to remake it - it looks timeless), and I refuse to waggle for Skyward Sword.

I also picked up LBW, hoping it would be as awesome as LttP, but it's just not. Got to the last dungeon 3 days after I got it. Haven't touched it since (although I've played LttP twice since then).
>>
>>27944979
I thought twilight princess felt lazy to but after seeing it praised on /v/ I pretty much convinced myself I grew out of Zelda even though I can always pop a playthroughs of OoT in every time I buy a n64 until I inevitably lose all the cords and repeat. Never was able to play MM cause of the damn expansion pack or whatever that was needed and I've went through too many of the earlier ds's to warrant buying a new one since they get old in two weeks. And I've played a link to the past a lot but it was mostly forced. I can't sink my teeth into it.
>>
File: Kaine.jpg (134 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Kaine.jpg
134 KB, 1000x562
>>27945068
Sounds like Zelda isn't for you. That said, if you're into action RPGs, try Secret of Mana. For something more recent, try NieR (my personal favorite).
>>
>>27945120
I didn't know nier was a good game, looks like I'm going to play dying light alone cause I hate randoms. Fugg
>>
>>27945235
NieR is a great game, so long as you realize that it was on a budget when it was made.

It's still a fucking masterpiece, but I wonder if they would have made it even better with a budget (I'll probably find out when the sequel hits and I pick up a PS4).

Here's the opening cinematic before the title screen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XTbluLDyE
>>
>>27945296
I am so picky with my rpgs so I'm pretty shocked that looked good. I see the threads on /v/ about it but I always dismissed them. It doesn't look like the low budget impacted it too much from what I see.

Fucking hate getting intrigued on something and not being able to satisfy it fuck. Sort of reminded me of star ocean for a second with how the battles work
>>
>>27945509
Well, NieR 2 is gonna be PS4 exclusive, but NieR was 360 and PS3. I dunno if you have either of those consoles, or if XBone plays 360 games, but it's worth a playthough. New Game + as well as 4 endings, and a bunch of side quests and a ton of weapons to upgrade... It'll take you around 100 hours to get the Platinum trophy on it, even if you use a guide.
>>
>>27945570
Xbone does play 360 but they're taking awhile to get the more underrated games out which I bet nier is one of. I'll definitely check it out anon I appreciate that. You sound like a completionist though damn
>>
File: vita screenshot 2.jpg (130 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
vita screenshot 2.jpg
130 KB, 960x544
>>27945701
I completed the game twice, because the final ending wipes your save, and you can't reinstall the save without getting rid of the system data (meaning you don't get the flower on the title screen).
>>
>>27945759
Holy shit the "final" ending? Why does it override the save?! And I haven't owned a Sony system since the ps2 glory days. Next time I'm stranded somewhere I'll make sure to stock up on jrpgs and a ps3 damn
>>
>>27945759
And I can barely understand what's going on in that pic. Really haven't been around a ps3 much
>>
>>27945916
Because in order to get it, you have to erase your existence, and they mean it. Game warns you a bunch of times, and when you go back and play it again, you can't use the same player name. It's permanently blocked.

The Drakengard/NieR universe is fucking deep and intertwined as fuck. That said, the Drakengard 1&2 games are bad. The story of 1 is great, and one ending leads to Drakengard 2 (nothing worth playing unless you are a masochist), and another leads to NieR. Drakengard 3 is a prequel to Drakengard 1 (and has mangas that explore the other endings that didn't lead to D1), and NieR has a book that discusses the events before the game, during the game, and after the game, as well as stories that take place after D2, and now NieR is getting a sequel developed by Platinum Games.

It's a clusterfuck, and it's great.
>>
>>27946033
No fucking way that is awesome. Can't beleive you can't use the same name either holy shit that's amazing. Have you read any of the books? And so you're saying the drakengard games aren't a mandatory to understand nier orrr? Btw don't feel like all your text is going to waste, it will bare fruit I promise. I'm really intrigued now.
>>
File: drakengard inaccurate timeline.jpg (485 KB, 2500x505) Image search: [Google]
drakengard inaccurate timeline.jpg
485 KB, 2500x505
>>27945955
It's just a trophy list. The final chapter is the "platinum" trophy, which you can only get when you get all other trophies.

>>27946114
Most of them are in Japanese, but I've scoured the internet, and read a lot of fan translations. Seems more or less accurate.

Here's an inaccurate pic of the timeline. Drakengard 1's Ending A leads to Drakengard 2. Other than that, all seams more or less accurate.
>>
>>27946153
After looking at the timeline I would rather start off with the drakengard games if they aren't that horrible I mean I did make it to the skelliggs islands or w.e in the witcher 3 so if I tolerated that gameplay I could tolerate the first drakengards. I love video game sagas that have timelines. You gave me a good reason to get a ps3 I haven't played a decent in-depth rpg in a good while. Thanks a lot for wasting your time telling me all of this anon. Pretty shocked but do the drakengard games take place on the same planet as nier or just the same universe?
>>
>>27946298
D3 is acceptable gameplay, good story.

D1 is horrible gameplay, great story (presuming you like shit like Evangelion).

D2 is better gameplay than 1, worse than 3. Absolute shit story.

NieR is fun gameplay, great story.

The good news is that D2 isn't really relevant to the overall arch. The only thing you need to know is that 15 years after the last ending (which you will BLEED to get), when everything is happy go lucky, all the nasty shit from the end of 1/beginning of NieR gets dumped on them and kills off the timeline.
>>
>>27946153
Fuck me, also "The Garden of Light," takes place after Ending A of Drakengard 2. Ending A is perpetual agony in exchange for a measure of peace. Ending B is pretty much guaranteed death of all life. Ending C is "Perfect Ending," for about 15 years, then the people in the NieR scenario dump it on them, after all magic and dragons have died, leaving the people defenseless.
>>
>>27944979
It's worth the ebay prices, but I wouldn't expect you to believe me unless you played it.
>>
>>27946298
Same planet. Same universe. There are alternate timelines (obviously).
>>
>>27946497
I live in a small town so I see xenoblade and other hard to supposedly get games at my GameStop a lot, or before I went digital cause I'm usually done with games 3 days later lately. But nier is definitely there I've seen multiple copies. Ill check the xbones store in a sec but I'm doubtful. And I don't see how you're not exhausted yet but the garden of light is on this same timeline as ending A? Sooo the perfect ending is c so it shouldn't have happened technically? If I got confused just say yo you're confused and I'll backtrack myself. I don't smoke weed that often anymore so when I do I get rekt my bad. Still intriguing as fuck though.
>>
>>27946578
Perfect ending is "Everything ended happily ever after."

Then NieR got released, and in the books, it is explained that the shit that got dragged through time from Drakengard 1 (1099AD) to the beginning of NieR's time (2026AD - The Stone Flower) got sent BACK to D2's timeline (D1's Ending A leads to D2 about 18 years later), 15 years after the C Ending, and wipes out all life, because all dragons and magic cease to exist at the end of D2 Ending C.

It took people in NieR's timeline 1,261 years to kill with all their research and technology (from 2026AD - society ten years from now - to 3287AD).
>>
>>27946671
>1261 years to kill
To eliminate the virus brought forth due to the Stone Flower.

I'm typing too fast, and it's getting late.
>>
>>27946698
Holy shit I had to screenshot that for further decoding and to show my friend cause that took me a second but I have a much better grasp on it I do believe. Holy shit that universe must have really hit the spot with you. How do you stay content with games lacking that sort of depth lately? I mean there isn't much better on the xbone/ps4 but still. Idk. Guess there's rpgs for the wiiu. It is getting lateish. Thanks a lot anon that's a brainfull
>>
File: drakengard timeline.png (467 KB, 3500x590) Image search: [Google]
drakengard timeline.png
467 KB, 3500x590
>>27946802
Turns out that there is an updated timeline now. The Garden of Light is still on the wrong D2 ending, and D2 still isn't connected to ending A of D1, although it should be.

This story takes place over the course of 10,000 years all with intertwinings of stories and dead ends, but it's worth the journey. Too bad you have an Xbone. NieR 2 is PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>27946879
Eh I'll have a ps4 eventually. Really depends on how bad no mans sky flops. But if you have a vagina I'll definitely add you on ps4 one day soon. Just look for the nier thread. If you have a penis than I appreciate it broham but I'm not gay.

But seriously now that makes a little more sense. I'm going to watch more neir videos
>>
>>27947002
I don't own a PS4 yet. But I'll get one when it hits 200 bucks. I can afford more, but I don't think it's worth any more than that.
>>
>>27946879
I feel like a dick. I wasn't trying to sound unappreciative I swear. I can buy a ps3 now and it'll feel justified thanks to you
>>
>>27947023
Oh, I didn't think you were a dick. It's a lot to take in, and your confusion is due to that. I picked up the first game when it released. I never expected it to turn into what it did, so shit that is just taken for granted by me would be confusing as hell to someone with no experience.

I apologize if I'm too confusing, and that's what I was more trying to say.
>>
>>27947020
I know sure as hell my xbone wasn't worth the money but I still got it cause why not? Just a few more hours yo get that shit. Don't apologize though I'm just a little flabbergasted. I'm screenshotting like I said so I can fully understand this when I'm more awake because goddamn. Surprised this shit didn't get more publicity to have books behind it. Neither do other things though but still.
>>
>>27947138
Yup, and every last one of them are from the imagination of one single man: Taro Yoko. The only thing he hasn't overseen personally was Drakengard 2, which he's shat all over.

Anyways, I hope you like the games, comics, and novels.
>>
>>27947222
Haha I've only read one book in my entire life but thanks. I will enjoy that nier game for sure I at least know that.
>>
File: I HEAR A SOUND.jpg (128 KB, 582x820) Image search: [Google]
I HEAR A SOUND.jpg
128 KB, 582x820
Always wanted an opportunity to add this.

>>27947321
You know you're in for a treat if you see these words.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.