[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qutting the shit job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
I just want to ask /r9k/ for what they think.

I want to quit my job, and I really want to go in tomorrow and tell my boss that I'm giving my one-week notice, and that this Friday is going to be my last day.

I've wanted to quit this job since I first started in September 2015. It's a dead-end gig with no chance of advancement or promotion, and the pay was really shitty ($9.50/hr). I've had to invent/greatly exaggerate everything that is currently on my resume, because most of the time, I don't do anything, and when I do, is basic unskilled shit like data entry and filing crap away. The company itself is really shitty, from an objective point: it's a small trucking company staffed by spics (who can't be bothered to do things properly), with only five other people who are all old fucks. The actual "office" itself building is shitty: a re-purposed house in the poorest part of town

But I put up with it, because for all that time, I had my own office, and could apply for jobs. But a few weeks ago, they took away my office and put me in a "desk" (i.e. a shitty foldable plastic table) in the common room. I hate it.

I just don't think it's worth it. Should I quit, Robots?
>>
>>27942209
Don't quit until you have another job lined up man
>>
>>27942381
But I can't get anything.

At the same time, I don't want to be in this job where I really don't feel comfortable at. I don't learn anything of value, I'm never going to be promoted, I don't interact with any of the co-workers and they've started to become assholes recently; the pay is terrible, and I feel like the manager is subtly goading me into quitting by taking away my office and desk and putting me in a shit foldable table.

I've applied for other jobs, and sometimes I get interviews, but in the end, I always get rejected. Everything on my resume is bullshit, because I don't do ANYTHING where I work. I don't feel that it's worth it, staying there any longer.
>>
>>27942502
Just lie your ass off and exaggerate on what ever you do, data entry = prepared/analysed field data/client data to optimize productivity/profit margins etc.
>Do you have enough money saved up where you can do a short course/training such as getting certified in a skill?
>>
>>27942502

Without a degree, all you'll get is unskilled bitch work or hard labor like being a bitch on a construction site.

Apply to unskilled work and just seem kind of normal. They don't give a fuck about your qualifications. It's entirely about "Is this guy a normie/is he likeable?"

Even white collar jobs are more of a popularity contest. Really like the guy? Eh... fuck it, they can learn as they go.
>>
>>27942705
>Without a degree

I do have a Bachelor's degree, but then again, it's in a meme (useless) field.
>>
File: 1460261664705-r9k.jpg (42 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1460261664705-r9k.jpg
42 KB, 500x669
>tfw got promoted to the s&r lead after the last one was fired
>dropped straight into it, no experience or training with the logistics and shit
>first week is literally the worst
>still shitty, impossible amounts of anxiety and dread every day, even on the weekends
>there's no one else to take the spot
>I hate my life even more
>owners are family friends I've known for almost my whole life
>don't want to live with the guilt of quitting/self demotion

The fuck do I do, I'm literally so stressed out all the time I feel like I really am just better off killing myself and leaving it all behind.
>>
Just do it fag, dont't let you be treated as a cuck
>>
>>27942801
What field fuckhead?
>>
>>27942209
Quit if you're unhappy, but you're not going to find much better in other office jobs. They're all like that, doing a bunch of nothing and pointless shit.
>>
>>27943659
Public Administration

>commentatus originalii
>>
File: pinao.jpg (64 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
pinao.jpg
64 KB, 600x442
>>27942502

Trust me, as one who's been looking for jobs a lot in the past 5 years, the time will come mighty quickly when you will think "Damn, I would give anything just to get that lousy paycheck back in a job where I 'don't do anything'".

When the bank account dries up and your biggest worry is not having to work at a table with no privacy, but to live with 3 roommates to pay the bills, talk about no privacy...

Perhaps the reason they took your office away is because you were spending all your time in the looking for other jobs instead of doing the one you have?

It sucks, I mean SUCKS to have a job you hate. But it's still better than not having a job at all unless you are literally losing sleep all night from stress.
>>
>>27943994
>Expecting me to do my ""job"" for $9.50/hr

Minimum effort for minimum wage. Also, most of the time there simply is no 'job' to do. Lastly, I doubt they have monitoring software.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.