[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of a narcissist do you have to be to name your child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: smhbobby.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
smhbobby.gif
1 MB, 280x210
How much of a narcissist do you have to be to name your child after you. You created a person with their own identity, thoughts and goals in life.

Any Jr.'s or thirds here breaking the chain?
>>
My dad wanted me to be a jr, but my mother said no.
They compromised. I got my father's first name, but my mother gave me a different middle name (and then to spite my father, solely called me by my middle name my entire life).
>>
>>27941270
Third here. May break the chain if i have a jap kid. if not then i will continue it just so i can see a fourth. Never seen a fourth in my life.
>>
you should name your kids after your parents/grandparents imo
>>
>>27941270
Narcissism is great.

My child gets my grandfather's name.
>>
It harkens back to the old days where it was believed naming your child after yourself would allow you to reincarnate as them once you died.
>>
>>27941270
its the path to immortality
>>
My mother named me after my grandfather (her dad) so I'm kind of a Jr.

>turn out to be the complete opposite of him
>not an alcoholic
>not a cheater
>don't care about money (as long as I have enough for essentials)
>>
>>27941270
my daddy Ray Roy named me Ray Roy jr and I named my kid Ray Roy III

ain't nothin wrong with it boss
>>
>>27942151
>>27942151
>ray roy

hows the trailer park these days?
>>
>>27941360
Are you me rn
>>
Don't have any desire to have kids in the first place. I'm not an idiot.
>>
tfw named after my dad. i also look exactly like him so that makes it even worse.
>>
>>27941270
How much of a narcissist do you have to be to think you know better than your father, his father, and ages of tradition?
>>
Tradition is does not necessarily mean its the right thing to do. Times have changed, yes i do know better than my grandfather and his father.
>>
>>27941270
My mom wanted to name me after a variation of my dad's name, but he refused. He didn't want two people with the same name running around the house. I got stuck with an uncommon beta name though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.