[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keep saying morbid things when recalling an embarrassing memory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1454856029606.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1454856029606.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
Whenever I think of an embarrassing or uncomfortable memory I immediately say things like 'My life is over', 'End yourself' 'Fucking kill me', and most commonly 'Everybody hates me'.

I blurt these things out loud all the time without planning to. People have given me weird looks in the past. What's wrong with me?
>>
I do the same, thank you for the small relief I get from knowing there's someone similar
>>
>>27940113
Nothing is wrong with you. That is the response everyone tries to bury under all the fun and happy experiences they have experienced. That humanity at the core.
>>
File: 1460712247001.png (410 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1460712247001.png
410 KB, 1024x776
I do the same. My phrases are:

>Fucking garbage
>Stupid asshole
>I hate myself
>Kill yourself
>Stupid shit
>>
>>27940113
I do that and hit myself to get the memory out of my head
>>
>>27940113
i've had that but not quite as bad. try finding a less noticeable way to freak out and keep reducing it. i switched from saying, "i should kill myself" to covering my face (which didn't help) then to tensing up and squeezing my eyes shut. now i've cut that down to about a second and it's less of a full body tensing so i think most people don't notice.
>>
>>27940113
Maybe you just developed a habit, don't stress about it and try to fix it by controlling your reactions (or at least not stressing about it once this fails) and, if needed invoke such memories just so you can control your reactions to them.

I sort of have the same issue, but I noticed improvement (they occur much less often) by just not stressing about it and interrupting my reactions every time they took hold. I don't say things when embarrassing memories pop up, but I do cringe or facepalm which is silly and annoying.
>>
"i'm a fucking piece of shit"
try that one it works for me pretty well
>>
>>27940158
Are there really people who are happy most of their lives?

Most of my emotions are anxiety, apathy or boredom. Rarely do I feel legitimately happy
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.