[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People on Reddit think that being an author is harder than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: a.png (25 KB, 1131x232) Image search: [Google]
a.png
25 KB, 1131x232
>People on Reddit think that being an author is harder than being a wagecuck
How does this make you feel /r9k/?
>>
>>27939405
I really don't understand how sitting infront of a computer screen typing retarded stories pulled from your ass is more difficult than standing infront of a fucking hot grill 10 hours everyday flipping fucking burgers.

That's just me though.
>>
Random posts on reddit do not make me feel anything, just like any other posts. If it is true I feel bad that himself and his father think that writing is somehow an issue to alcoholism, nothing to do with shitty real life. No, it is because he types things. How horrible.
>>
>>27939784
>>27939405
>>27939834
So why don't you do it then? It's easier than being a wagecuck and is ezmoney
What reason is there for you to not?
>>
>>27939852
I have real responsibilities? I don't have the time or energy for it? Sorry Anon, but most of us don't have time to sit on our asses and type stupid shit into a word document and put it up on Amazon and pray that someone buys it.

If I were to do something like this, I'd start releasing a book or two every now and then for free to build an audience up, then slowly work my prices up from 99 cents to $5, until I get a good following and can start putting real prices up.

That would take a long ass time though and I don't have time for it. I live on my own and have to pay bills and insurance. The only way I could possibly get time for it is to go and save up a shit ton of money, and then quit my job and move to a third world country where living expenses are cheap as fuck and just live there for a while while writing and either doing the plan above, or doing something else.

That would also be highly unrealistic, because I'd have to literally drop everything I have to go do it.

This is all irrelevant though. Objectively, the job of WRITING IN OF ITSELF requires less work than doing an ACTUAL job.
>>
>>27939852
Are you fucking retarded? Why dont i just become a 6 ft 7 nigger and play basketball for a living?
>>
>>27940114
>>27939978
Buy anon it's literally only sitting in front of a computer to get paid more than regular wagecuck jobs there's no reason not to
>>
>>27940283
If you have the talent to write successful novels its an easy job.

Just like if you're a 6 ft 7 nigger its easy to go make a million dollars playing a game but not everyone can do it.
>>
>>27940338
Anon there's no talent required literally anyone can do it!
>>
>>27940387
If you have the talent for it then its even easier.

Writing is literally 60% marketing and audience building. It's why when someone like Stephen King makes a shitty novel, it's still bought by millinos of people.

It's also why Fifty Shades of Gray made as many sales as it did. And why a book like the Hunger Games got as many sales as it did.

You are literally retarded if you don't think it's anything more than that.

Once you get your audience it's really hard to fuck up and not sell shit.
>>
File: leffs.jpg (15 KB, 220x185) Image search: [Google]
leffs.jpg
15 KB, 220x185
>>27939978
>I'd start releasing a book or two every now and then for free to build an audience up, then slowly work my prices up from 99 cents to $5, until I get a good following and can start putting real prices up.
If you don't have any following in the first place how can you even sell your "shit pulled out of your ass" for 99 cents on Amazon?
Who the hell even sells books for 99 cents?
Holy shit you're delusional
>>
>>27939405

well it is since actually getting published is super rare
>>
>>27940434
But it's so easy anon! Anyone can just build a following for themselves, right?
>>
>want to be a writer
>suck at writing
>can't tell if it's just my autism that wants to be a writer
>>
>>27939405
It's getting to the point where they're going to think that shit posting on reddit and tumblr is considered a real job because they're helping some poor oppressed POC by doing so.
>>
>>27940504
Confirmed retarded.
Quit wasting my time.

>>27940459
Ebooks, dumb dumb.
Ebooks.

Obvious samefagging from buttmad writefag. Kek.
>>
>>27939784
It's quite a difficult mental exercise. It's difficult, but it's just difficult in a different way to wageslaving. That's all.
>>
>>27939405
Almost every single job is harder than being a wagecuck.

>>27939784
As a writer (not published or anything tho), I will say when you're forced to stay on a certain topic and can't write whatever you want that is when shit gets stressful because you would enjoy working on the next thing, but if you have a fanbase or boss they won't let you.
>>
>>27939852
kek wat its obviously easier, just takes a longer time to pay off and pays like shit

now why would i do that when i can do a short but challenging job and get paid more? thats essentially the essence of being a wagecuckie
>>
>>27940387
What the hell are you doing? Why do you have to be this autistic?
>>
>>27940557
>he calls anyone else a retard when he isn't racking in the money that will double his job's pay while he doesn't have to do anything but sit in front of a computer
>>
File: god_villain.png (209 KB, 558x355) Image search: [Google]
god_villain.png
209 KB, 558x355
>be a good writer according to most people
>be own worst critic
>be INTJ too so I always want to have the whole book planned out in my head before I try to write it
>end up writing nothing at all

should just kill myself desu
>>
>>27939405
my stepmother is an author and she doesn't stay up for "weeks" at a time or suffer from alcoholism or hate everyone she meets on book tours. she's a very nice and happy lady who goes to church and loves her family and everything.

that dude's father sounds like a shitty person, and it has nothing to do with his writing.
>>
>>27939405
>tfw an author and a wagecuck
>>
>>27939405
In the context the Reddit fag is using, I agree. A Walmart job is 'easy', it's meaningless and you don't have give a shit. Being a writer requires brain power.

Of course, the real difficulty with being a wagecuck is it sucks all your time away, and for the few actual robots still here, being around normalscum all day is crushing.
>>
>>27940646
>INTJ
>good writer

I don't believe it. I would probably snore myself to sleep with the lack of action.
>>
>>27940753
>According to most people

Also:

"Hallmarks of the INTJ include independence of thought and a desire for efficiency. They work best when given autonomy and creative freedom. They harbor an innate desire to express themselves by conceptualizing their own intellectual designs."

(Wikipedia:INTJ#Characteristics_of_INTJs)
>>
>His writing is so stressful that he struggled with alcoholism for decades
Maybe is he got a real job that wouldn't have happened.
>>
File: intjtruth.jpg (926 KB, 1618x1214) Image search: [Google]
intjtruth.jpg
926 KB, 1618x1214
>>27940788
Guaranteed anything you write will come out being about a villain.
>>
>>27940892
Nice post, anon. It's true that I like the peripheral narration style, as codified in Moby Dick and in The Great Gatsby; there the "main character" and the narrator are the the same character, which means the audience has to guess what the MC is thinking at all times.

As for "villainy," my antagonists tend to have sympathetic motivations for doing what they do, so there's no evil for its own sake.
>>
>>27940741
>being around normalscum all day is crushing.
have you ever talked to literally anyone who worked retail or service industry for any amount of time? not even normies enjoy being around normies all day.
>>
>>27940955
are not the same*
>>
>>27940646
Are you me? Pretty much my entire mindset when I try writing something and coming up with ideas. I come up with alot of shit and then just delete it a day later.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.