[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ has taken over r9k with their tfw no gf threads. Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-04-10 (14).png (480 KB, 825x509) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-10 (14).png
480 KB, 825x509
/adv/ has taken over r9k with their tfw no gf threads. Let's talk about something different.

Besides Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and possibly Elon Musk, who from this era will humanity remember 1,000 years from now. Who is our Tesla, Nostradamus, Einstein, Newton, etc.?
>>
me

because i'm an original
>>
File: donaaaaaald.jpg (1 MB, 1452x1452) Image search: [Google]
donaaaaaald.jpg
1 MB, 1452x1452
>>27938995
The original unstumpable.
>>
>>27938995
People aren't going to remember Steve Jobs 1,000 years from now. His accomplishment was to put existing technology in white cases and charge a shitload of money for it.
>>
The next Hitler, probably.
>>
>>27938995
>Tesla
Bill Gates and Elon Musk could both be considered "our Tesla".
>Nostradamus
We don't have "seers" anymore because modern society is past that level of superstition. Why even talk about this guy?
>Einstein/Newton
Stephen Hawking.
>>
File: noam-chomskys-quotes-3.jpg (69 KB, 638x720) Image search: [Google]
noam-chomskys-quotes-3.jpg
69 KB, 638x720
>>27938995
Chomsky will probably be remembered

>tl;dr any Chompster
>>
>>27938995

I don't know. Your question is vague and I disagree tesla will stand the test of time, he became a popular meme about 10 years ago. Before that he was just a super nerdy reference to people who liked sci-fi.

Anyway some people who are important and have contributed substantially to their fields/influenced major world events:

Noam Chomsky
Paul Erdos
George Soros
Stephen Hawkings
Richard Dawkins
Kurt Go>>27939531
>>27939531
del
Alan Turing
David Hilbert
Benoit Mandelbrot*
John von Neuman
Pierre de Fermat*
claude Shannon
Henry Ford
Wright Brothers
Max Newman
John Nash

Askerisk indicates people who are important now, but names are already declining in recognition.

Some contemporary philosphers might make the cut, depending if their philosophy is expanded on or not. Sarte, Camus, de Beauvoir, Freud.

Whoever gets credit for solving whatever form of AI we end up with.

Someone who is involved in finding a solution to the worlds enegy needs.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head and that list isn't a definite, just names I think are more likely (mosty because they have a sufficient number of theories named after or attributed to them). Soros is probably the only billionaire in the western world, not in your list, that might get passed down. Trump is also a candidate. Both are still alive and havent done enough to become immortalized, but might potentially
>>27939531
Jobs and Gates will be viewed as the founders of personal computing. I think they are reasonable guesses, it doesn't matter if it's true or not. That's how they are already being canonized and the further away from the event we move, that belief will become "fact" and is an important turn in humanity
>>
>>27940276
Was trying to fix the o since it didn't like the umlat
>>
Everyone will be remembered in 1000 years since the only thing left in 1000 years will be super-intelligent A.I. and super-enhanced humans filled with so many artificial parts that they can't be considered the same species anymore. We will all be remembered because they got all the world's information saved in their "brains".
>>
>>27938995
Are you the same op where the girl is from. Even though he got tricked
>>
>>27939531
No, that is Tim Cook. Steve Jobs made some cool shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.