[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you fix a shitty personality? I'm a pretty ugly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: akari.png (346 KB, 834x480) Image search: [Google]
akari.png
346 KB, 834x480
How do you fix a shitty personality?

I'm a pretty ugly guy, so I have to rely on my personality to find companionship, but my personality is terrible.
>>
Discipline. Go read a book on it.
>>
>>27938597
You need to be attractive to have "personality", and you said you're ugly so you're fucked
>>
>>27938597
What specifically is wrong?
>>
File: 1458043666831.gif (650 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
1458043666831.gif
650 KB, 320x480
>>27938871
Too much. I'll just rattle off the stuff I can think of.

>boring
>can barely hold a conversation
>timid and scared of everything
>envious of others
>get frustrated easily
>no motivation
>bad at everything, no talents or skills and I don't care enough about anything to even practice
>no hobbies beyond passive media consuming and even then I only watch shitty stuff like anime
>sarcastic because I don't know how to be genuine with another person, I'm scared of opening up and letting people know what I'm really like, I don't even know what sincerity is anymore or how to be sincere
>clingy to others but I offer nothing to them, so I just end up annoying them

I'm just a really boring person with no interests or passions or any drive to do anything in life, I have no clue what kind of career I'll ever do because I'll go mental if I have to do a job I hate.

I just want to have friends and love but anyone who took the time to be around me would be markedly worse off.

I don't even have any online friends, I run out of things to talk about and I get scared of even talking to them again. I don't want to waste others' time, and that's what I feel like: a waste of time.

I'm a human garbage can and no one's life has benefited from knowing me.
>>
>>27938597
You don't, you are trapped with yourself for life
>>
File: 1460936042443.jpg (39 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1460936042443.jpg
39 KB, 509x619
>>27939079
And all of this happens because you were born ugly. Life is truly cruel.
>>
>>27939079
>>27939175

hey man you can be ugly and a cool guy. I've met loads of cool ugly dudes.
I think the key is to remember that even if you're ugly you don't want to assume others find you ugly.
>>
>>27939079
Just exposure therapy yourself so you get better at talking to people, and start acting. Pick out characteristics you want (like funny, kind, quiet idk pick things you like) then act like them and pretend to be like that so much it becomes your personality in time. I've tried this before and it's worked, so I'm gonna be doing it again since I've fallen off the bandwagon.
>>
File: 1446316792765.jpg (337 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1446316792765.jpg
337 KB, 600x540
>>27939079
It's like looking in a mirror. The feels are too real.
>>
>>27939079
>I only watch shitty stuff like anime
>Not realizing anime is the best
That's your true problem right there.
>>
>>27939668
I mean, I like it, but it's not something I can really talk about in polite society. It's not like watching movies or even TV shows where you can discuss it in real life and people find that at least a little interesting. Film buffs are interesting, anime buffs are looked at as gross.
>>
>>27939668
Shit anime exists, buddy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.