[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't stop thinking about getting career >can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: 60674036.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
60674036.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>can't stop thinking about getting career
>can't enjoy free time anymore
Accountants must have it so easy.
>>
>>27938462
just stop thinking about it stupid
and accountants are in hell
>>
Accountants don't have it easy. But yeah I can't wait to start my career either as an electrician. Just gotta finish school and not get arrested again
>>
>>27938486
But when you're not thinking about it, you're not progressing. I'm stressed out now because I waited until I was an adult to have that mentality.
>>
Accountants?

You should see how easy realtors have it.

They work about maybe one day a week.
>>
>>27938518
The typical realtor makes pretty close to minimum wage, sometimes less.
>>
File: 1408846860392.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1408846860392.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>27938462
Seriously. Fuck jobs.

>come home from work
>literally too tired to do anything else
>>
>>27938513
progression is a illusion,
theres just now and only will ever be now
enjoy your life and do what you have to but dont confuse yourself thinking you're ever going to get somewhere
you'll only ever be where you are
>>
File: 1460794600761.jpg (22 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
1460794600761.jpg
22 KB, 600x630
>want to enjoy a peaceful life
>became an engineer
>>
>>27938540
Are you 12? Not every job is like that
>>
>>27938562
How is that not peaceful? Don't you just fuck around on cad all day and go to meetings?
>>
>have to work as a young man to get that well-paid cushy job
>by the time you get it you're a joyless sack of shit whose body is starting to fail them
l-lol
>>
>tfw dreaming of becoming surgeon

I will have zero free time and will miss it. But I feel like I'll probably kill myself if I don't find meaningful work.
>>
>Love the neet life and everything associated with it
>Can't tell if I love it legitimately or if I'm just too antisocial to do anything else

I want a job just so I can stop feeling so limited, so I can see if I really am introverted or if I just don't have any other choice, but I just can't bring myself to do it
>>
File: 1410226434231.jpg (35 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1410226434231.jpg
35 KB, 509x619
>No other career interests you at all
>Not get a successful career e.g, engineer, chemist, doctor, etc
>Everyone looks down upon you
>Can't live with yourself knowing everyone is judging your poor life choices

Why must life be cruel
>>
>>27938572
list some that aren't
>>
>>27938540

Take some drugs that gives you energy or some shit.
>>
>>27938572
NEET detected. Yes they are.
>>
>>27938828
Well some people actually enjoy what they do in their jobs so they don't feel the need to have free time to do shit because they do all the shit they enjoy while working
>>
>>27938462
>Got an offer to work as a software developer
>Really high pay
>Scared to death that i wont be able to perform
Real life is scary, I start in 1 month and I've done excellent in my degree program. Yet that low self esteem just eats away and causes doubt.
>>
File: 1449463425036.gif (50 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449463425036.gif
50 KB, 800x800
I pretty much fucked up my life by choosing neuroscience as my major. I chose it because I have a massive inferiority complex. However, I didn't do any internships or make any connections. I don't even like the subject, I only picked it because I thought it would make my parents happy and I had to pick something.

Now I have a useless masters degree and most good grad schools won't accept me because no experience. Most jobs wont accept me either for the same reason. Seriously thinking of just killing myself.
>>
>>27938462
I thought accountants worked a lot of hours
>>
>>27938979
Just take a year to do only internships. For worthwhile degrees they usually pay. Then you'll have experience to apply for real jobs :)
>>
File: die.jpg (53 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
53 KB, 295x378
>>27938907
>list some that aren't
>well, actually!

Yeah, fuck you. Not everyone can get jobs they love, stupid NEET.
>>
>>27939013
I guess, the only problem is that most internships after college require previous internships or experience. Even in college most of the internships wanted to know about previous work.
I was a pretty mediocre student too, not bad but not good at anything. I have awful people skills and I have the male version of resting bitch face, which is awful at interviews.

Even if I do get an internship and somehow make it into grad school, I still have to spend years to get a PhD I don't really want. I don't think any aspect of my life is salvageable at this point.
>>
>>27939078
Why get a PhD, is it the only way you'll have worth in your field?

It sounds like you are pretty miserable just doing schooling, working in the actual industry could be a nice change of pace.

Also, apply to everywhere in the state. If you get hired for a real career, they will often relocate you. Even if they don't, i think its a good investment.
>>
>>27939137
*Also apply to everywhere, even out of state*** correction
>>
>>27938462
Same with teachers. I'm qualified and everything but where I'm from it takes years of free volunteering and social finesse (suck up to principal and everyone there) to get on the supply list, and even more of that to get a permanant teaching position. I'm depressed and if I went abroad again I would likely crumble and fuck up just like I always do...

I wish I knew what to do, but being a NEET with a shitty wagecuck job makes me feel like a loser. I'm too old to be working at a shit job like this but I need the money...
>>
>>27938462
At least you have a career OP I've been 10 years NEET and have lost all hope.
>>
File: 1449755931038.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1449755931038.png
345 KB, 498x568
Anyone else has absolutely no clue what they would enjoy or at least not hate as a job? I tried a few but i hated it so much that it was even worse than my current neet self-diagnosed depression bullshit.
Doesnt help that my entire life everybody around me kept telling me i have to work hard and hate my job, because thats what everybody does. I can't live like that.
>>
>>27939757
People that say that to you are lying to you because there are things that you can do for work that you'll love. What I love to do (teaching) is incredibly difficult to get into in my area so I'll have to work on my depression and get over it.

Anyway, figure out what your hobbies are and try to make that into your career. What have you tried, and what do you want to try?
>>
I always wanted to get into animation and advertising and now that I'm here I just don't feel like doing more than the minimum or improving myself. Feels shitty at least people are interested about the job but it's not like it comes with any respect, security or massive amounts of dosh.
>>
>>27939822
I only tried very shitty entry level jobs and i hated it, At least i figured out i cant do physical work for shit. Warehouse shit, or customer service in a market ( wich also led to decent amount of manual labor ).
I dont know what i want to try, and problem is i feel like i will fail at anything i do. I just dont feel prepared for anything. I even finished decent logistics technical school but its not something im super into, just something i didint hate and was close enough. And my hobbies are very limited, i basically only play vidya and listen to music, i even bought a guitar and want to learn how to really play it but i was putting it off because im feeling worse and worse. I know, its not my blog but i just need to get shit of my chest.
>>
>>27939947
Also doesnt help i have no drivers license and i dont want to get one, at the same time living in a shithole so commuting time ment waking up at 4am to get on time to work was killing me.
>>
I got a career. It kept me stressed and occupied for a couple years I guess. Then it was right back to feeling empty, anxious and crazy. Except have less time and more money, nothing changed.
>>
>>27939947
No worries about the blog m8 I did the same thing in my post.

>I just dont feel prepared for anything
Sounds like you need a confidence boost for yourself, like you need to find something you're passionate about or you can really succeed at so you can feel better about yourself. Could be something simple like lifting and watching yourself improve by lifting heavier weights, or something else.

>play vidya and listen to music
Learn that guitar man, everyone sucks at an instrument at first but then they practice and get good at it. If you like vidya you could always try programming of some kind as well.
>>
http://www.alexstjohn.com/WP/download/Recruiting%20Giants.pdf

>tfw STEM majors are just meat for most companies to use and abuse for their first 5 years out of college before they rinse and repeat

suicide is looking more and more attractive everyday
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.