[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /r9k/! Today, let's talk about you: What is something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: learn learn learn.jpg (226 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
learn learn learn.jpg
226 KB, 600x377
Hello /r9k/!

Today, let's talk about you:

What is something you're really good at?
How did you become so good at it?
What is something you really want to learn and why?

Share your thoughts.
>>
Bumping for glory...
>>
File: 1425414098881.gif (620 KB, 240x236) Image search: [Google]
1425414098881.gif
620 KB, 240x236
>>27929768
>What is something you're really good at?
Card games like Yugioh, MTG and Rhythm games.

>How did you become so good at it?
I just played them alot and I guess I improved as time went on
>What is something you really want to learn and why?
I would love to play the drums, the only thing holding me back is the money it costs to get a set, I just gotta put money away I guess.
>>
I'm good at being a loser and a social retard, i've been doing it my whole life after all
>>
>>27929768
Procrastinating
Natural talent
How to nut up to kill self
>>
>>27930474
>Card games
I have no positive response to this, although if you enjoy it I guess good for you.

>drums
Make makeshift drums (of course they won't make real sound) that you practice on to get your muscles used to it while you save up.

Maybe that sounded stupid, idk, but it's something to think about.
>>
>>27929768
Firearms, from maintenance and cleaning to how they work and shoot
Gave up my entire childhood, spent it in front of a computer and studied it religiously
I really want to do photography sometime, seems like I would enjoy it.
>>
making fresh memes
by ramping up meme production 35% every year since 2007
how to be president
>>
>>27929768
i'm not terrible at counter strike

i played for hours have decent reflexes and am not a braindead idiot

i want to dedicate myself to another language but haven't found the energy
>>
>>27930949
>another language
As in programming language or real language? How many do you know?
>>
>>27931034
hehe well another alongside just english ;_;
>>
>>27931043
Good for you. I want to learn a new language as well, but currently I'm too busy improving my programming language. I already speak 3 real life languages though, so there's no need to add one yet.
>>
>>27931139
very cool. i have really limited experience in computer science from high school and haven't really touched it since. I got a 5 on the ap test but the content and the test was kinda a joke
>>
Making websites
I do it for a living.
What is something you really want to learn and why?
Literally anything I don't know. Because I like learning.
>>
>>27931277
"i like learning"
lmao
nerd
>>
>>27929768
ignoring people
ignoring people
becoming invisible
>>
>>27931194
>haven't really touched it since
Well it's definitely not for everyone, but I enjoy it as a hobby very much. If you have an interest in writing your own programs you can try to learn it at home. It requires literally 0 money (aside from your computer) and 0 real-life guidance. Most fields are much more difficult to learn on your own.

Only if you're really interested though, which I suspect you're not, otherwise the frustration can kill you.
>>
>>27931405
honestly unsure of where to start, but it has been something i've been mildly interested in
>>
>>27931452
>unsure of where to start
Literally anywhere. Type in "[programming language]" tutorial in YouTube. Substitute "[programming language]" with a popular language like Java, C#, C++, Python, JavaScript, PHP, etc.

>mildly interested in
Find something you're more interested in, unless you got nothing else in which case this is better than nothing.
>>
>>27931277
>Literally anything
There are a lot of things I would like to learn, but definitely not "literally anything". Give an example of something you would enjoy doing if you could do it well.
>>
File: 1459757839857.jpg (99 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
1459757839857.jpg
99 KB, 541x559
>>27929768
Music production. I'm able to produce music of professional quality.
5 years of producing every single day goes a long way. I'm able to compose, sound design, mix, and master everything myself. I tried to mimic professional music as much as possible asking myself how to achieve certain results until I was happy with the outcome.
Social skills. So I'm able to market myself and land a few smaller jobs for composing music for games or small videos.
>>
>>27931920
How do you make a living?
>>
File: 1459934988320-1.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1459934988320-1.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>27932069
college money.
I live at home so I dont spend a dime.
I'd love to be able to sustain myself through music alone in the future. But I'm afraid I wont be able to do that on my own since I can barely communicate with people.
>>
Im really good at carving, molding, painting floral foam.

Got good at it because I wanted to play warhammer 40k with my friends but im poor as fuck, so I made their battlefields

I want to learn 3D modeling. I downloaded blender, opened it once and felt so lost. Not much of am effort, I know, maybe one day.
>>
My job
Improvising a lot of the original process, making me work way more efficiently than before.
Skateboarding just because it looks like a fun way to commute. No tricks though, they serve no purpose in getting from A to B.
>>
>>27929768
>what is something you're really good at?
I'd like to think i've become quite proficient on Guitar
>how did you become so good at it?
Constant practise and self teaching using internet resources
>what is something you really want to learn and why?
A programming language, how to build websites and computer related things because I want to have something to fall back on incase I dont make it into uni (im in sixth form and failing)
>>
bump
You have been muted for 8 seconds, because your comment was not original.
You have been muted for 8 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>27929768
I'm pretty good at drawing

I did not become good at it, I just wanted to draw a dragon a day and I found out my drawing skills are pretty good

I don't want to learn anything, I can't have motivation
>>
I'm really good at nothing, but I'm decent at a shitload of things. I can draw, play guitar, keyboards, I have good grades, I'm decent at sports, I'm good at writing as well.
I wish I knew how to dance, though. I really do. I've tried. Hard. And I only got worse.
>>
>>27932406
I've been programming for 5 years now and every time I open a new program I still feel lost. Don't worry, that's normal. Just follow some tuts and you'll feel familiar in no time.

Btw, do you draw well? That would be pretty cool.
>>
>>27932700
What do you want to do in uni?
>>
>>27933909
>I can't have motivation
What does this mean?
>>
>>27934053
No haha. Im actually terrible at drawing. I mean I can draw my own style of course, which is heavily influenced by jonen vasquez, but thats not exactly "good" drawing
>>
>>27929768
>Good at stealing shit from store
>Experience and info from friends
>I want to learn how to engineer
>>
>>27934228
Sounds like you could get far with a little practice tbqh (if your interest lies there). Sounds like it would come in handy with modeling.
>>
>>27934110
Even if I like something and I want to learn it, I will never have the necessary motivation, I always give up in the end
>>
>>27934530
You need discipline, not motivation. I kinda have to force myself in the weekends too, but it's what I do to get better at what I do.
>>
>>27934587
As a pretty depressed robot, I can't even find something that I like, I feel like I hate everything, except vidyas
>>
>>27934746
I guess I know the feel. It's the same with me but because I'm okay at something it makes me feel alive for an hour a day while I'm doing it.
>>
>>27934453
Im sure it would, even if just to get my ideas on paper before trying to model them.
I used to draw a lot in highschool, then I took an art class and got made fun of the entire half of the year that we did 2d art. Sooo I kinda gave up after that. I kicked their asses in the clay portion though so that felt good.
>>
File: yes.jpg (95 KB, 625x783) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
95 KB, 625x783
>>27935431
You showed 'em!

Seriously though, good for you for having something you like doing. Sure gives you a one-up over other robots.
>>
Music I guess. I know how to listen critically, and I have my exact tastes literally boiled down to a science.

Years of training in piano, guitar, drums, audio, and theory. It all started because my high school music theory/music technology teacher was the best mentor I've ever had, and was such a great dude that even /pol/ couldn't hate him for being a Jew.

How to make vidya games. Even simple 2D pixelshit like Undertale. My ultimate goal is to compose soundtracks for vidya someday, and I also know a lot about what constitutes good game design and I'm pretty okay at visual art, and would like to try and make my own game - even if it just serves as a resume for my music abilities.
>>
>>27935615
Heh thanks man, now I just have to peel myself off my computer chair and get art-ing
>>27935916
Youve heard of gamefromscratch right?
>>
writing
Reading newspapers everyday I was growing up
Play the piano. My mother plays the piano and she is really fantastic at it and I have the fingers for it but I've never even tried it
>>
File: 1459437031109.jpg (45 KB, 494x468) Image search: [Google]
1459437031109.jpg
45 KB, 494x468
>>27929768
>problem solving
>probably neglectful, narcissistic parents
>how to chill, I'm so tense all the time, I'm terrified of having sex yet tormented by being a 20+ virgin male. I seem to have a lot of mental disorders, and have had more than a brush with psychosis, this seems to sum up to me needing a lot of action, but I can never chill enough to actually execute any of my plans.
>>
>>27934083
Have no idea m8, im just tryna pass this year. After that I guess ill figure it out
>>
>>27934083
How about you btw?
>>
there's millions of people better than me at everything i'm "good" at

W O W
O W O
W O W
>>
>>27936089
Naw mayne, I haven't heard of it. Looking at the site now though. Is it really helpful?
>>
>>27936322
Its a good place to start, I used it when deciding what engine to use. I still need to learn some C# before I can fully use it, but yeah.
>>
>>27931920
I've been producing very infrequently and lazily for 5 years. I suck at it. I guess our two stories put together makes a case for practice.
>>
Drug dealing. Not as much money in it as you think
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.