[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does "faking confidence" actually entails that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1377186473415.png (99 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1377186473415.png
99 KB, 400x386
Does "faking confidence" actually entails that you have confidence? I mean, if you faking confidence makes you confident, no?
>>
it is one of worst memes
>>
>>27929722
No

People can tell when you're faking confidence, so you better be confident naturally
>>
>>27929919
if you fake confidence and other notice that you aren't confident, then you aren't faking confidence properly
>>
File: sketch-1460910136437.png (110 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1460910136437.png
110 KB, 540x540
Whoa is that the secret all along? If you fake it then it isnt fake?

What?
>>
Your "self" doesn't exist.

What you call "I" is only a manifestation of thoughts and feelings that exist in the world in general.

The idea that some thoughts and feelings belong to you and not others is false.

'Personality' and 'identity' are illusions.

If you wish to partake in confidence, then you can. The only thing that stops you is the illusion that you have a defined 'unconfident' personality.

There is also no such thing as 'fake' or 'real' confidence. Confidence exists, and therefore exists in you. All you need to do is bring it out.
>>
>>27930129
>If you wish to partake in confidence, then you can. The only thing that stops you is the illusion that you have a defined 'unconfident' personality.
you are literally proving op's point
>>
>>27929722
it's about fake it til you make it
>>
bump, where are chads when you need them
>>
>>27929722
it takes some degree of confidence to fake confidence, and in faking confidence you effectively bolster your confidence to the point that it becomes real confidence.
>>
It does work. What many robots don't get is that it's nonverbal. It's about body language. If you're doing it right, you don't need to say much. You do need to know how to smile though.

It works best if you focus on one point in your life where you really fucking killed it. Think about the best you've ever felt in your entire life, and focus on that. When you're focused on that your body language changes without you notcing it.
>>
>>27931914
nice, now i only need to find a body language confidence tutorial and i'm done
>>
My dad always told me fake it till you make it, and he's a Chad so I always followed it. Except for real friends, no faker here.

Basically social interaction is a bunch of social cues that has a desirable answer for what your trying to accomplish, fucking asburgers just makes me over think all that shit, so just say fuck it and say something halfway decent
>>
>>27930129
While I agree with your points about the non-existence of the self. I disagree that the "only" thing keeping a person from being confident is the illusion that they aren't confident, because even though our thoughts and feelings exist generally in the world, they still have a neurological basis, and even though we can change a lot about our "software" (thoughts and feelings) what "software" can be run is still limited by the underlying "hardware" (our neurology.) If the parts of a persons brain that are associated with confidence are underdeveloped, it's hard if not impossible to change them, now of course due to neuroplasticity they can be changed somewhat, but there is a limit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.