[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elliot rodger: the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: images[1].jpg (71 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
71 KB, 719x1080
Elliot rodger: the movie
>>
>>27926701
This movie is complete shit and has nothing to do with robot angst. It's basically entertainment for reddit-tier normies
>>
>>27926701
It was a great movie senpai
>>
Funny movie, but it has nothing to do with Rodger
>>
>>27926789
I like it, I mean:

"Motherrfuckerr give us yer goddamn brieefcesse"

"Make your play, make your play!"

"And what about them muff divers? Think about it!"

and other dialogue gold.
>>
>>27926701
the movie is pretty good but it has nothing at all to do with elliot or robots, the guy in the movie was 100% normie who flipped out due to stress
>>
>>27926823
>27926823
i guess it would be "if elliot was a normie "
>>
File: g64795857g6.webm (173 KB, 247x140) Image search: [Google]
g64795857g6.webm
173 KB, 247x140
D-fens is cool, I kind of see what you mean
>>
File: 1311960245395.jpg (66 KB, 380x247) Image search: [Google]
1311960245395.jpg
66 KB, 380x247
>tfw they threw the history-of-violent-outburts meme in at the end
>normies can disregard his flip out as mental illness rather than the result of serious problems within society
>everything works out fine for the ex-wife who denied him access to his daughter
>>
File: Nick_The_Surplus_Store_Owner.jpg (12 KB, 622x343) Image search: [Google]
Nick_The_Surplus_Store_Owner.jpg
12 KB, 622x343
YOU FUCKING FAGGOT! YOU FUCKING FAGGOT FUCK! YOU'RE GOIN TO JAIL FAGGOT, YOU'RE GONNA GET FUCKED UP THE ASS BY SOME BIG BUFF NIGGER...YOU'RE GONNA LIKE THAT, AIN'T YA FAGGOT?

WHAT THE FUCKS THIS?!.......FAGGOT SHIT!!!!
>>
>>27929164
Based man in the movie besides economically viable guy and the chicanos
>>
>>27929104

Sometimes things like the producers or MPAA forces directors to have a normie-tier ending for ratings or to soften it, I remember with A Clockwork Orange the original edition of the book ends very differently from how it was allowed to be published in the US, and Kubrick chose the normie/incorrect ending. He also got the music all backwards iirc.

The MPAA is fucking cancer and I'm not even a big /tv/ fag
>>
>>27929561
is there like another version?
pretty interesting my friend
>>
>>27926701

>tfw eating breakfast in a McDonalds with my dad one morning
>We start talking about the restaurant scene in Falling Down, because my breakfast sandwich was pretty shit, and I made an offhand comment on how I'd have preferred the lunch menu.
>Yeah I know D-Fens wanted breakfast instead of lunch, but it was similar enough.
>He turns deadly serious and says that sometimes he has nightmares where I flip my fucking shit in a psychotic rage and end up getting killed by the cops.

t-thanks dad.
>>
>>27926701
>Elliot Rodger
Yeah, right. The protagonist was the farthest thing from that faggot Elliot.

It's not really a robot movie, it's a movie about a guy going fucking nuts due to the stresses of everyday life, not a movie about some butthurt virgin faggot mad that he can't get laid.

That being said it isn't a particularly good movie either, it's just really entertaining.
>>
File: Bill-Viola_BillViola02.jpg (23 KB, 325x214) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Viola_BillViola02.jpg
23 KB, 325x214
>>27926807
This is the line:

>I'm the bad guy?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1248x868) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1248x868
>>27929601

I'll just quote from wiki, but the TL;DR is that our edgelord anti-hero realizes of his own accord that his life of shittery is a horrible mistake but this is of his own free will/determinism. No matter what the state or society did to him, it's his own choice as an individual ~real human bean~

That wasn't in line with liberal collectivism, so in the American ending he gets punished by the almighty state.

Also fuck the robot filter muh non ascii text from a wiki article https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange

There's a whole section on the ending there
>>
>>27929561
Yeah I read the original edition and the ending was perfect, then when I watched the film I was like "What the fuck, they didn't even adapt the ending of the story."

Turns out Americans got cucked into an edition without the final chapter because some retarded publisher didn't like it. Then retard Kubrick decides to adapt the incomplete version because he thought the original edition's final chapter was actually an "extra chapter" and not what the author intended, which is the complete opposite of what is actually the case.

Normies are fucking retards.
>>
>>27926789
I liked the movie but it really has little to do with robots.

The protag is obviously mentally ill and there was a good reason why his wife left him as shown in the home videos later(and as evidenced by his killing spree etc).

I happens to attack /pol/-tier targets but his motivations are basically autism.
>>
>>27929842
The real ending also acts as a sort of testament to the reader's ability to come to understand the protagonist throughout the novel by mirroring the first scene, only this time the reader can actually understand all the vocabulary. This is what I loved most about it, it was very clever on the part of the author, it makes the reader feel like they've undergone their own transformation from clueless observer to active participant in the novel, all through the use of vocabulary.
>>
File: 491.jpg (35 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
491.jpg
35 KB, 500x348
>>27926701
Elliot Rodger couldn't score.

D-FENS scored, and had a family. He failed to keep it, because he was neurotic, but he had it at some point.

I always like to think the whole movie happened because it was such a hot day. He might have gone on to live a long life, but the day was just right to meet fate.
>>
File: image.jpg (483 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483 KB, 960x1440
>>27929874

>normies are fucking retards

Pretty much, though you could be all tinfoil hat about the implications. In any case, Burgess said he wished he hadn't written it because it's so easily misinterpreted.

Personally I really liked how it was written with the slang, it was fun, and at the time the orchestra I was in was rehearsing Beerhovens 5th of which the final movement is used at the end (iirc) when he's shown the horrible imagery, and I remember listening to it while reading and it was so perfect. Same with the other passages but I can't remember which goes with which this was like a decade ago.
>>
>>27929966

Nice double reverse 69 dubs m8

But yeah, I was kinda skeptical while reading it, the violence and rape and such aren't, and I think aren't meant to be, shocking, but the real power of the book is the diction and music. I remember finishing the ending and was really surprised, I was ready to cast it off as another worthless shock novel but it really did have a legitimate meaning about metanoia

I read the wanting seed after that and thought it was hilarious if you haven't read it its a nice quick one.
>>
>>27930037
Very hot day, his car AC was busted and I think there was a son of a bitch fly buzzing around in his car/all up in his business.
>>
>>27929561

Have you ever seen pic related? The MPAA actually gave it an X rating (the equivalent of an NC-17 rating at the time it was released) purely for having "a disturbing moral tone".
>>
>>27930817

I've heard of it, I'm horribly bad at watching movies but I'll check it out.
>>
>>27929164
Lmao. Those ten minutes with the nazi surplus guy were the best.

"How come they don't call you guys officeresses, you know like in actress?"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.