[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /nightmares/? tell me some nightmare stories >in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: 1453264526471.gif (328 KB, 268x206) Image search: [Google]
1453264526471.gif
328 KB, 268x206
who here /nightmares/?

tell me some nightmare stories

>in general store looking at items
>see man getting angry at someone
>pulls out gun
>turns towards me and shoots me in the stomach
>fall on the ground and start crawling away thinking "fuck i'm gonna be okay"
>feel so weak can barley move like i have sleep paralysis
>wake up

nightmare 2

>shaving in the mirror
>look down
>look back up at mirror
>deep gash in throat and start bleeding everywhere
>start choking
>wake up

sometimes i'm just afraid to sleep
>>
File: 1370218876654.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1370218876654.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>Look in mirror
>Teeth are falling out
>>
I have recurring dreams about being back in college. There's two common variations: A.) I find out like ten weeks into the semester that I was enrolled in a class and didn't know it, or forgot some big assignment, and now its too late and I'm going to fail, B.) something about being back at the first school I attended. I was 18 and went away to a large state school and had a complete nervous breakdown and dropped out, and now one of my big regrets is not being able to handle it and make something of that chance.

I'm glad I tend not to remember many dreams, because even the ones that aren't bad/scary enough to wake me up are never good. I can't remember the last time I had a pleasant dream.
>>
>go to work
>everyone takes the piss out of me
>do all the shitty tasks
>day ends go home
>drink into stupor
>on weekends pace around apartment hoping no one knocks on my door
>Monday again
My whole fucking life is a nightmare anon.
>>
>>27924849
some one is going to die in your family

>Dream interpretation
>>
>>27924892
i've had similar dreams where i was back at a place i used to hate and had no fucking idea what was going on

such a shit feeling
>>
>>27924837
I occasionally wake up completely terrified of something. Most of the time my half awake body jumps out of bed and closes the bed room door and hides behind the bed. One time I just curled up in the corner of the room and cried. I have no idea what starts it, but one time I remembered dogs barking.
>>
>>27924906
I hope it's me.
>>
>>27924930
has something happened to you before? That sounds like some form of ptsd and axiety
>>
File: 1430812971734.png (147 KB, 358x398) Image search: [Google]
1430812971734.png
147 KB, 358x398
>>27924837

My life is a worse nightmare than any dream could ever be.
>>
>>27924930
>and closes the bed room door
you sleep with your door open? that bothers me a lot desu, I can't go to sleep unless my door's closed
>>
>>27924955
Nothing out of the ordinary. My dad was in the army and deployed quite a bit. I'm told that may do something.

>>27924968
More or less family policy to keep interior doors open.
>>
>>27924906
this

the closer the tooth is to the front part of the mouth, the closer the relative who's going to die is to you

a falling cuspid often means the dying person is male
>>
Had this one repeatedly since childhood.

>In a space of blackness and white "lines"
>Looks like visualized radio waves or shit, the lines went around in a huge square and I follow them
>Sometimes the waves were smooth and not scary at all
>Sometimes they would be spiky, rough on the edges and sharp
>The sharp lines always accompanied by my moms most angriest voice possible
>The sharp lines make me feel really scared and physically bad
>Could never grasp the idea of this dream, it was just a feeling more than actual visual things

Then on one acid trip I experienced the dream as closed eye visuals, it tied itself to the music. When the music got darker the waves got sharp and I heard my moms voice, and when it calmed down and was nice I got the smooth waves that felt good. I ques I lived the dream off then because that was the last time I ever saw it. That was about three years ago.
>>
I have the same kind of nightmares that wake me up, usually a few times a month.
>in my house
>laying in bed trying to sleep, or walking around
>suddenly realize something is in my room/look out the window and see a gray alien(s) staring at me
>the thing in my room is also an alien
>immediately try to scream
>nothing comes out my mouth, I can only gasp
>try running away
>I can only flop onto the ground, can barely move despite trying
>this intensifies
>wake up
I fucking hate aliens and sometimes I'll look at windows at night and my mind will make their faces out of the reflections of things in the window. I'd probably pass out if I ever saw one.
>>
Sometimes I have dreams where I'm screaming and crying as wolves rip me to shreds and the people I care about just watch or leave and don't care.
>>
>>27925063
Oh and I also had one where some ISIS faggots shot me when I was in europe. When I "died" in my dream it felt like an adrenaline rush mixed with pure fear and I woke up moving my hands to make sure I wasn't really dead.
>>
>>27925067
this reminded me of one

>town is getting flooded
>me and my mom are walking down the street
>water overflowing
>start drowning looking up at my mom
>mom is just looking at me smiling while i scream for help

i had this one when i was 10 years old and i still remember it
>>
Which is the nightmare?
The one we experience during sleep or the one that comes after we wake up?
>>
>>27925041
that sounds pretty interesting. I used to have a reaccuring dream also, but i can't quite remember what it was. i remember it was something along the lines of everything i could see started spiralling
>>
>>27925041
Holy shit, I had this exact type of dream (three times though) except the lines were red. It alternated between a soft voice and then a yelling angry voice, which was male.
I'm glad and a little bit shocked someone else had something like this.
>>
>>27925302
Holy shit anon, that is insane. I wonder if there are a lot of people with a dream like this if just in here we find each other.
>>
File: why.png (2 MB, 1274x713) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2 MB, 1274x713
>>27924837
>have a dream that i died
>wake back up to this nightmare
>>
>>27925330
I asked /x/, maybe someone there will have had a dream like that too. I just don't understand how two people could have roughly the same dream given how strange it is. Why lines? Why an angry parent's voice?
>>
>>27925143
Yeah I don't have those kind anymore. They went away after I moved out at 18. I think my mind has finally realized that even my family doesn't care about me. Now I have abstract nightmares like a phrase gets repeated again and again with intensity and I slip into a panic attack
>>
>>27925445
I recall one was a gravelly deep voice like the sauron eye from lord of the rings and it kept saying something like "GOKEEM GOKEEM GOKEEM". I woke up sweaty and screaming and just started jumping all over my room looking for somewhere to hide. It felt like a presence was right behind my head no matter where I went. I don't know if it plays into the things I've seen in life but it's scary
>>
Anyone else ever die in a dream but didn't wake up right away? In a really surreal lucid kind of dream limbo where your dream just kind of moves on without you.
>>
File: 1460763587040.gif (907 KB, 245x145) Image search: [Google]
1460763587040.gif
907 KB, 245x145
>>27924837
first nightmare I can remember and it still haunts me:
>4 years old
>at the park with my immediate family
>overwhelmed with hatred and disgust
>take a large knife, stab my father and mother then slit their throats and completely sever their heads
>stab my little brother to death
>grab my baby sister by her feet and slit her open from head to toes
>entrails fall everywhere
>somehow have the strength to drag my parent's and brother's body onto a huge grill
>cook their corpses
>eat them with my bare hands
>wake up screaming and crying hysterically

ever since then I've had extremely violent nightmares almost every night. in the last year the night terrors have come back and I wake up screaming or can't stop crying.
>>
>>27925438
We should start a club on the topic of this dream senpai.
>>
>>27924892
me too anon. me too. school was very stressful for me.

>>27925093
i had a dream where i was caught in a terrorist attack and the only thing i did was wondering whether i wanted to die or not.

probably my weirdest "nightmares" are me playing an RTS game and being horribly outplayed throughout the whole game. i can't really explain it, but it's a constant feeling of powerlessness and unfairness. like i go explore and find my opponent has a huge army only 5 minutes in the game, or after i build an expansion somewhere i go scout and see that my enemy had built 5 expansions in the time it took me to make one. it's a struggle i know i can't win. maybe a metaphor for my life?
>>
File: 00083451421.jpg (150 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
00083451421.jpg
150 KB, 1936x2592
>at some kind of family party full of people my parents know and people from my youth
>I'm awkwardly standing in a corner next to some huge plant
>people walk up to me and talk to me
>prattle about their life
>my teeth are loose and gradually falling out during this
>keep trying to get rid of teeth without them noticing, pretend to cough and bring hand to mouth and then slide teeth in pant pocket, spit in flower pot while they are looking elsewhere
>try to keep mouth shut so they don't see that I'm missing teeth
>teeth holes are bleeding
>try to swallow blood or spit, but can rarely spit because they would notice
>bleeding intensifies as more and more teeth fall out
>keep swallowing blood but it's so much
>sweat profusely, nauseous, heart hammering, losing vision
>still nodding and smiling while I'm listening to people talk about their life
>start to drown in my own blood, can't breathe anymore
>"sorry, I have to go the toilet"
>throw up into a sink, it's completely filled with blood
>pass out
>wake up
>>
File: 1457534572890.png (22 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1457534572890.png
22 KB, 234x200
>>27924837
I usually have different versions of the same dream, I don't have them that often now days, but a few years back they would come almost every single night.

Nightmare 1

>dreaming
>wake up inside of my room within the dream
>see shadow looking demon thing near door entrance
>it's walking closer and looks evil
>try to scream, nothing comes out
>try to move but can't, feels like some force is pushing me down.
>evil being jumps onto my bed while speaking in tounges or some weird unknown language
>at the exact moment it kills me I wake up

Nightmare 2
>Standing near a cliff
>friend or unknown person stands beside me
>beneath the cliff there's usually spikes or very uneven ground
>friend/unknown person acts weird and starts to laugh
>friend starts to grab me and push me towards the cliff
>try to fight back and break free from his grip
>it's no use.jpg
>he throws me off the cliff
>I fall for a really long time and then I land on my back and can hear my bones and spine crack
>exactly after I've experienced a painful fall to my death I wake up.

Nightmare 3
>basically blair witch woods
>alone in the dark
>demon whispers or really creepy sounds
>flashlight/lantern stops working
>sounds come closer and closer
>suddenly quiet
>hear my own neck get cracked by something
>wake up

Why do I always have these fucking dreams where I die to some weird demon thing? Is it a sign or some bullshit that I'm haunted or what the fuck is wrong with me?

I don't get these nightmares anymore or atleast not often now that I live in my mom's appartment. When I lived in my dad's house I always had these dreams and heard strange noices as I tried to sleep. Sure, it may have been the wooden walls cracking and stuff but that doesn't explain the weird voices and things happening in that house.
I'm glad I don't have to experience my death every single night anymore, or atleast not often.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1680x1050
>>27925974
Yeah I had a nightmare really similar when I was younger that I think of a lot

>be 4
>have a nightmare that I get eaten by the abominal snowman from rudolf the red nosed raindeer
>>
Once had a dream that I had no body, and was in infinite darkness just staring at a red, dimly-lit face. It was trying to say something, but I couldn't make it out. It was changing shape over many hours, and becoming more and more inhuman until it was just a disfigured blob making weird noises that sounded like drowning. I couldn't do anything.

Woke up in a cold sweat. Fuck that
>>
>>27925832
yes i have had this happen. one time i had a dream that a giant tsunami was flooding my city and then i saw a giant wave coming right at me. i suddenly had a glock in my hand and shot myself in the head like 3 times. everything went dark for a few seconds and then i woke up in another life. it was pretty surreal
>>
>>27925974
I've had a nightmare somewhat similar where i took a knife and started killing my dogs
>>
Any way to trigger nightmares? I never have interesting dreams anymore and I want to be absolutely rattled.
>>
File: Tessellation-Stones.jpg (115 KB, 640x365) Image search: [Google]
Tessellation-Stones.jpg
115 KB, 640x365
When I was younger, I would get these very lovecraftian - ish nightmares, very hard to describe. Everything would be extremely tesselated (bumps I'm textures and objects would be extreme). I'd look at everything and feel like something was breaking out of my head,simultaneously wanted to vomit, die, and get away. I'd wake up and still see everything in my room as I perceived it in the dream, would normally take a while for my brain to calm down.
>>
>>27926845
>nightmare 1
Thats called sleep paralysis, literally every detail matches up to what people experience
>>
File: tomoko toilet paper.gif (2 MB, 847x860) Image search: [Google]
tomoko toilet paper.gif
2 MB, 847x860
>dream of staring at white ceiling
>hear nondescript whispers coming from door
>they get louder and louder
>feel an increasingly strong sense of dread
>try really hard to look at door
>can't
>eventually manage to look at door
>door isn't there
>wake up
>cold sweat
>door is actually there
>>
>walking down the street at night
>black guy comes out of alleyway with kitchen knife
>pull out my carry pistol
>he starts running at me
>I shoot him again and again but he won't stop
>he raises the knife
>wake up
>>
>have nightmare regarding girl im obsessed with
>been hanging out for year, shes 'lesbian', shown interest, kissed slept with etc but nothing commital
>going to meet her at some party
>ring her and hear her smoking and shes in the VIP section with flying lotus

literally traumatized. i've hugged flylo after working a gig for him but fuck that nigga. i was taller than him too, 5'11 ass mufucka REEEE
>>
>>27924849
teeth crumbling like chalk
>>
>>27924849
>look in mirror
>reflection is distorted
>>
File: 02missing-600[1].jpg (59 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
02missing-600[1].jpg
59 KB, 600x330
I've been reading The Shining before bed which is surely to blame for this

>Standing near a building
>Thick, Silent Hill-esque fog
>Become aware (in that way you do in dreams, where you suddenly know things to be true without being told) that the building is the Hotel, even though it looks like a small house
>I'm just standing, waiting for something
>"Become aware" that the Hotel itself wishes to speak to me, so it sends an avatar
>The avatar is walking towards me out of the fog, can hear him but not see him
>Slow steps still nothing
>The details of the figure become clear, firstly a big pair of dark glasses, then a suit jacket
>Finally the avatar is assembled and standing in front of me
>Invites me into the Hotel
>Can't remember what happened inside but woke up in a panic

Pic related, I remember thinking in the dream that he looked like D.B. Cooper, which is probably where my mind got the image from
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.