[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not going to prom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: prom_night_dumpster_baby.jpg (29 KB, 514x450) Image search: [Google]
prom_night_dumpster_baby.jpg
29 KB, 514x450
Well guys its that time every one is preparing for prom except for me. tell me do you anons regret not going to your prom and for those who did was it worth it ?
>>
I never think about it until some underage nignog posts about it here. Couldn't care less about it
>>
23, didn't go to prom.

Years later, do I regret it? No.
>>
>tfw there's a girl in my class who would probably go with me but don't know how to ask
I probably won't care much, but actually seeing what it's like is still better than being left wondering for the rest of my life.
>>
>>27919814
I spent my prom night crying in my room alone, thanks for the memories.
>>
Been a year and don't regret it. Not sure where you live but nobody cares about prom where I went to high school, only prepp girls and the students who helped plan it cared about it. 90% of people gave no shits about it. I stayed home and play video games, as did a lot of people I knew. And why shouldn't I have? It's a fucking waste of time and money.
>>
Skipped mine

No regrets at all.

It's really not a big deal. Depends how much you want to impress your highschool friends by going really
>>
to all the kiddos saying that prom isn't fun or that they don't regret not going: Prom's fucking great. Genuinely one of the most carefree nights I ever had as a teen
>>
18 here
Its weird because I see all this people posting about going to prom and based on what I see Im glad I didn't go, but there's just something about being left out of something so normal for everyone else that's really awful.
I'm watching my oneitis get all dressed up in a beautiful dress and dance with her date from the confines of my home, thanks social media.
>>
>>27919814
I went to prom senior year. I went to a different school's prom, and I didn't know anyone except my date, and they were a pretty lame group. We drove to and from the dance in a van, and the after party was just hanging out in a basement, the people in relationships cuddling and stuff while the rest of us played board games for a few hours, no alcohol. So I would not have regretted missing that.
>>
>>27919814
I'm glad I didn't go. I would have just been silly
>>
Nah, I stayed home and played vidya. It wasn't like there was anyone I wanted to go with. My mom cried tho lol.
>>
>>27919814
>tell me do you anons regret not going to your prom
No. I knew I would be by myself and wouldn't enjoy it at all.
>>
22. Do I regret going? There are extremely rare moments, but those might be related to the lack of any social experience and that just ties in to it.
>>
23. Didn't go to prom. Don't care. Fuck high school.
>>
My prom was last week. I have no regret because going alone would've been embarrassing and I couldn't possibly have gotten a date.
>>
>>27919814
21. Prom was great. If I didn't have someone to go though there wouldn't be much point thouh
>>
>>27920186
Fuck, you just made me remember that I wanted to go to Homecoming junior year without a date and almost went through with it. I had suppressed that memory. Damnit now I'm cringing for no good reason.
>>
Get off of the board underage. It's people like you that are turning this board into shit
>>
call me a normie but i had a gf and we broke up so now i think the prom is just out of the question but based on what you guys are saying i probably wont regret it
>>
Didnt go to any school dances. Never even considered it or looked into it. Didnt even know when it was until the week it actually came. Havent thought about it since except for when i occassionally see a prom thread.
>>
I was in a single sex school and no one brought booze.

It was so uneventful I don't remember it.
>>
>>27920231
I've been on this board for years and I've only recently turned 18 (just a few months back). I mostly lurked but I realized a long time ago that basically half of this board is underage, literally just underage high schoolers complaining. Too late to change the demographics m8
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 200x194
>>27920264
>half of this board is underage

what am i doing with my life
>>
every one is a 21 year old white male on here until proven other wise
>>
>>27919814
I barely even noticed that it happened and I wouldn't consider myself a "robot" at that point in time. What's the big fucking deal with you people? Are you some kind of mega-normalfags who actually would have deep regret for not going to some dumb school thing?
>>
>>27920295
Ha, joke's on you asshole, I'm not going to be a 21 year old white male until my birthday next week.
>>
>>27920285
It's just an estimate, but you can tell by the obsession with flavor of the month memes and non-issues this board spends so much time bitching about that a sizable chunk is underage. Not to mention there's way too much bitching about 'school' (notice they just say school and not uni to keep it intentionally vague')
>>
im 18 but still in high school and ive been on this board since i was 16 i believe that is the case for a lot of us here
>>
>>27919814

I'm past 30. Didn't go to prom, no regrets. I think I may have been playing video games that night, I seem to want to say Final Fantasy Tactics but I can't be sure. I was personally proud at the time of never going to any after-school functions, including other dance nights and post-school functions.

Well okay, I made hypocritical exceptions for nerd shit to put on college applications and out of general interest. But it wasn't late at night. The going back to the building past maybe 6:00 or so never made any sense to me at all. Like, you just escaped from the buliding where you don't want to be for the day, why would you voluntarily go back for any reason.

A childhood friend from my class was murdered in cold blood some months ago by drug-dealing niggers. It was a highly unusual homicide for a normally placid county; I've checked the objective statistics. this was both a few blocks from my old high school, and from each of our respective houses. Another classmate died of cancer, others became permanently fixed in what Marx once described as "the idiocy of rural life". I know that others went onto happier things, but happily I don't know details because I don't use kikebook.

The high school sent small cards to my box a few months ago, desperately seeking to confirm/update my contact information (obviously, they already had basic stats correct). They were quite insistent about it, sending I think four cards for about two weeks. I destroyed each one. I escaped my hometown.

carrie.jpg
>>
File: gondola in neo-venice.jpg (306 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
gondola in neo-venice.jpg
306 KB, 1680x1050
As a person who did go to their proms, I regretted it. Artificial memories surrounded by artificial people does not a fun evening make. To be fair, I had nothing better to do, but if I had actually made friends or something I would've skipped on the sub-standard catering and awkward several hours of "dancing".

Thing is my date was pretty too and all, but she wasn't really "there", y'know. It was at prom that I sort've realized she was sort've shallow and airheaded, and I was sort've vindictive and bitter about a lot.

You'll come into your own in college. Watch a good movie or go out and pull some shit.
>>
I played video games on prom night
I suggest you do the same and stop being a whiny failed normalfag
>>
File: smug pepe frog 2.jpg (44 KB, 634x373) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe frog 2.jpg
44 KB, 634x373
>>27919814
>actually thinking twice about NOT going to prom
don't worry about it OP, you're not missing out on anything. prom is a waste of time and money, if you want to have fun with or without a gf just stay at home and do something more interesting stuff
>prom
>regrets
choose one, and only one
>>
>>27919814
I went. After party with friends was nice, actual prom sucked.
>>
File: thro.jpg (5 KB, 181x255) Image search: [Google]
thro.jpg
5 KB, 181x255
>tfw asked qt ballerina girl to prom and she said yes
>her parents want to meet me and stuff
>she said her heart was racing just waiting in line for the prom tickets
how do i get a gf out of all this bros theres a month til prom. give me your energy (18 senior btw)
>>
>>27919814
I almost went.

Basically this girl said that her friend liked me and wanted me to ask her to it. I got so excited, I went home and told my mom. She was so happy and we went out that day to buy a cheap suit and dress shoes for me.

Then the girl comes and tells me that another guy asked her friend and she said yes. Was brutal. Cucked out of my one shot at being a normie
>>
>>27920639
this
I did the same
no regrets whatsoever
having regrets means that you're a normie because you think that it wouldn't be so awkward as to be unenjoyable
>>
>>27919872

ask her dude, even if your sperg it out. 23 NEET here, was a girl in highschool who was somewhat interested in me. I never asked cause i was too beta. everytime i think back to highschool i always wonder if she could of been the person to pull me out of this shitty life
>>
I went to prom. The cunt I took was wayyyyyy out of my league, wound up ditching me to fuck her ex
Definitely worst night of high school
>>
If you have a super high power level and make it obvious just don't go. You will feel like fucking pepe for a month
>>
>>27919814
Took 2 girls to prom on two different occasions, both as friends. Didn't go well, I don't talk so the girls talked with their friends while I stood around. You might want to do it since you won't have regrets, you might if you just play vidya. Even if you don't think so now you might later
>>
Didn't go, turned out fine.
>>
It's shit unless you have friends to drink/smoke with beforehand and after.

I went twice. Both times sober with a few close friends, and both times, my date was a female friend who made me take her since no one else would, and it was an incredibly forgettable night both times.

Seriously, unless you really care about the girl, or getting fucked up with your friends, it's not worth the hassle. Would have been if I was drinking or having some sex, but it was just another school dance, and a really expensive one.
>>
.If your friends r going go. If you have no friends whats the point?

Wasnt the prom invented a few generations ago to get teens to procreate?

No one had an antiprom like on tv??
>>
>>27919814
21, never went to proms/dances/rallies

Wasn't interested and don't regret it, nor do I think you should make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>27919941
this
with all my orthogonality
>>
File: 1458509689484.jpg (109 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
1458509689484.jpg
109 KB, 579x329
20yo Virgin who went to prom here with a girl here.

Wasn't worth the time and money. Sure I danced and shit, and tried my best to be a normie, but I spaghetti'd at the end of the night and lost my chance of having sex.
>>
>>27919814
>be gay
>go to 3 proms with prom dates to all of them
>they were all women
>even had 2 prom dates to one
I should have been straight desu
>>
>>27919814
>tfw your younger brother is going to prom
>tfw you never did
>>
>>27921481
Just stop being gay then. It's just a mental disorder, get some therapy or go to those gay camps.
>>
mooo0t should make new rule
those who amdit that they browsed 4chan while underage even if it was in past should be banned
>>
>never played sports or really excelled at anything in high school

I regret that but I DID go to prom with my gf. She was always looking for reasons to fight though. We left 2 hours before it ended, we didn't slow dance. I didn't know anyone there but her, she's the only reason I went. She got mad my avoidant antisocial self didn't talk to anyone while she was dancing with her friends. and I didn't get sex that night. We went to the beach and drew in the sand or some shit. It was really weird. She would do this thing where she'd assume something, treat it as fact, act on it, then never tell me or consult about, and let the anger over that just boil for months without saying anything.

Never date a Puerto Rican ever
>>
>>27921503
Maybe if vagina didn't look disgusting plus receiving anal is just to good
>>
>>27919814
Either go with a bunch of friends or with a date. Otherwise no. I went with a few friends and no date and it was uneventful

Did backhand a wheelchaired tard though. We always laugh about that
>>
Didn't go. That night I bought some weed and played the witcher 3.
>>
>went to prom
>danced with losser weeb friend who was a girl for less than 5 minutes
>got boring extremely quick
>we both bailed as soon as we got our food and then dicked around our town till like 12 pm
>almost get mugged by a hobo but we end up fucking his shit up
>(turns out high heels are pretty good wepons, she was holding them and smashing them into his face and chest while I held him down with my body and puched him)
>don't tell anybody, get dessert at mc dicks and then go home
>occasionally talk to her on skype, she's in a fancy art school because in HS she drew stuff everyday and got good at it
>and I'm neet
>still have no romantic feelings for her

It was pretty ligit i guess.
>>
>>27921708
>who was a girl for less than 5 minutes
did he take his wig off after just 5 minutes or something?
>>
>26
>cool guy in HS
>never even think about hs anymore because it doesn't matter and people who talk about it are perceived as losers living in the past.

Life changes friend. Prom was gay anyways I was just waiting for the acreage party afterwards.
>>
>>27921739
Top kek.

You know I was implying that we danced for a short periodof time. Then again she had a butterface ao I wouldn't be surprised really.
>>
>>27921767
>26
>still in HS
>thinks he is cool
>>
dont go to prom. biggest waste of time of my life, social events arent for me. chances are if you're posting here, they're not things for you either
>>
>>27921784
Lol you idiot I'm 26 now, 8 years later.

Caring about highschool is for fags
>>
>>27921815
>can't type proper sentences
>calls others idiots for not understanding his idiot-talk
You're so cool. Maybe we can compare trench coats and doc martens?
>>
File: sabinus.jpg (3 KB, 120x180) Image search: [Google]
sabinus.jpg
3 KB, 120x180
>>27921489
same, my brother went once already and I'm sure will go twice cuz he's a turbo normie, whereas I never gave a fuck enough to bother with it.
On a side note, there was one girl in high school who I'm now absolutely sure liked me, and I kinda liked her.
I was never interested in dating back then though, cuz my parent's had and still have a god awful horrible relationship, pure violence, vitriol, and emotional/physical abuse, primarily cuz of my mom, and I didn't think I could possibly have a healthy relationship with anyone.
Now I'm so fucking bored and lonely at the most normie fucking college in the whole of the fucking US wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars for a career that I hate, I just wish I had given her a chance. Fuck.
>>
I would only regret it if I had the opportunity to take someone. I had no one and I didn't like the people I went to highschool with, so fuck it. I'll learn how to dance with someone meaningful, when I finally meet them.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.