[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /VisualSnow/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: visual snow.jpg (101 KB, 485x485) Image search: [Google]
visual snow.jpg
101 KB, 485x485
I hate my life, I hate living with this. Not even doctors believe me, it is not very annoying on everyday life but I get tired of it, I can't even look at the sky because it hurts. I didn't know visual snow existed but I came across pic related on 4chan some months ago.
>>
File: vs.gif (305 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
vs.gif
305 KB, 500x557
Another example of it, it is more annoying than pic related for me.
>>
File: visualsnow.jpg (669 KB, 692x673) Image search: [Google]
visualsnow.jpg
669 KB, 692x673
This is more like I see the world. Are there any robots with this problem?
>>
>>27895390
So this is what it's called. I always had this but never knew the name. I thought I was getting glaucoma or something.
>>
>>27895390
Yep I have all of those except the afterimage.

It's honestly why I can't leave the house
>>
Did you try washing out your eyes with holy water OP?
>>
>>27895390
Try cocaine, you'll see normally. Been there, saw that.
>>
>>27895390
I hope they come up with an operation to fix floaters soon. It's truly hell
>>
>>27895472
This is true. They will disapear when you're eyes dilate either with drops or stimulants.
>>
>>27895472
I can't use drugs like cocaine, I have anxiety and other problems.
>>
>>27895431
Not as bad but some. Mainly in the night, can't say shit in the dark.
>>
>>27895390
Is it fixable? Like, are there glasses or something?
>>
File: 1449289828845.jpg (101 KB, 352x700) Image search: [Google]
1449289828845.jpg
101 KB, 352x700
>>27895667
No there is a surgery that they will only do if it gets really bad. Every couple years they say they are close to a new surgery that will fix it but it never happens.
>>
>>27895667
I don't think so, glasses fix optical problems. I think visual snow is a neurologic problem. I just wish it doesn't get worse over time.
>>
Sounds like some neurological problem where the brain can't distinguish between important and unimportant stimuli. Everyone has floaters and fast moving dots (white blood cells in your retina IIRC) but most people don't notice them unless they try
>>
>>27895757
I've always had floaters but the noise (visual snow) started like 2 years ago. I hate it.
>>
>>27895757
Actually floaters are calcium deposits in the jelly in your retina that float around after a tear in your retinal wall or something. It's completely physical, not sure about the visual snow.
>>
I get really large floaters and lenseflair-like patches that make it almost impossible to see when I have a migraine. Would hate to have some kind of permenant visual issue.
>>
>>27895431
>>27895390
>>27895418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwS-qm8hUxc
You realize that this a symptom of autism
You probably have hypersensitivity
>>
>>27895390
ive got those fucking floaters

for a while I thought my retinas were detaching(thanks internet) because I would also get these sudden dark patches (turns out that was just from migraines) but then I remembered I have had floaters for as long I can remember back

glasses help
>>
Me OP. I used to think I was just special and seeing the "chi of the universe" or auras and shit. Then I go to the doctor and he like "you eyeballs retarded son"
>>
Who else /chronic tinnitus and visual snow/?
>>
>>27896131
Me. but my tinnitus is different, I don't hear high pitched sounds, I hear very low pitched noises.
>>
No but I have tons of floaters and negative after image. Plus even though I have contacts my vision is bad enough that it probably isn't even legal for me to drive.
>>
>>27896131
me but I didnt even realise visual snow was a thing until this r9k meme.
same with tinnitus, I didnt realise that was abnormal until I was like 14.
im diagnosed aspergers but maybe its real autism.
>>
you need a new VR headset
>>
>>27895390
Everyone has floaters tho
>>
I have HPPD from drinking cactus tea too often. In the dark I see weak "trippy" visuals. The weird thing is when I wake up from deep sleep in the middle of the night I see storms of swirling colourful patterns like what you get from a full blown trip. It doesn't bother me too much though
>>
>>27895390
mildly outside.

I notice it badly in the dark though, my ceiling is fuzzy as shit atm.
>>
I dont hwve snow but everytime almost that I stare into a clear blue sky on a sunny day I'll get these floaters that appear to be travelling towards it or sometimes away from it like going through a tunnel, getting smaller at the far end, its crazy, its not so prevalent that I can't enjoy still looking at the sky but it does get annoying sometimes.

Usually only on a really sunny summer day, clear blue sky with no clouds in sight like today

Dont know if they are floaters or something else, only happens with a specific trigger, and they are all uniform size, smallish and smaller near the center of vision staring at the sky, its strange, could probably google it and find out but too lazy
>>
>>27895390
>tfw saw the weirdest floater in my life yesterday, it was bright red, looked like someone was pointing a laser pointer, but it was a floater. It disappeared with in seconds
>>
>>27895390
Yeah I've got it. Didn't know it had a name to be honest.
>>
>>27895390
Oh shit. I've had this for years and it's really bad.

Nobody I've ever asked has had it and I didn't know it had a name. Thanks mate
>>
I see visual snow too, but not the negative afterimage or floaters. I always assumed everybody saw it.
>>
>>27897112
I get floaters and closed-eye hallucinations too

it's never really bothered me though since I have better perception than most people regardless
>>
>>27895390
i started gettng this after taking lsd, no that really famichi i kinda like it
>>
>>27895390

The flickering moving dots on a bright blue surface is called blue field entoptic phenomenon, it's not a neurological disorder, they are shadows of white blood cells that go through your eye and will change depending on your heartbeat. Floaters are also normal and something everyone has at one point or another. Visual snow is the static that is permanent and always visible, especially in low light or when looking at something black, this is the thing not everyone has. Don't clump all that shit together and make people believe that they have super special neurological disorders so they can brag to all their friends like those of us that actually do have it can.
>>
>>27895390

I have visual snow and reading about it, it seems like it's linked to drug use but I have never used any drugs before so that link isn't conclusive.

I heard it may correlate with mental illness (depression etc) as well which would make more sense in my case.

I can't say it's really an issue until night time then it's really bad and to top it off my vision is terrible due to keratoconus.
>>
Try not fapping for a week, see if that makes a difference, I'm serious
>>
>>27897351
It doesn't.

t. visual snowman who hasn't fapped for exactly a week
>>
>>27896549
Use ooc chat for Meta comments
>>
>>27896131
Me.

I used to think i was going blind when i was younger then discovered that it is visual snow. It helps not to think about it too much so you don't notice it
>>
>>27895390

it sucks. got it from panic attack on weed and derealization
>>
>>27895390
Floaters have already been explained by scientists.

Small moving light points are bacteria in your eye moving about which come into focus when light lands on them. I see it too.

I understand fast flickering visual snow too. It's weird because altho I experience it, I don't fixate my attention on them and I forget they are even there.

Maybe you need to forget that they are there and think about other things. Focus on the trees and think about their detail and what they are made of and stuff and you'll forget about those visual things.

What is the negative afterimage of landscape tho?
>>
You /visualsnow/ babbies have nothing on me.

I get 'ocular migraines'. First you get a headache strong enough to make you grit so hard, your nose starts to bleed, then your vision goes to hell and it's like someone sprayed frosted glass in your eyes.
>>
Who here extremely myopic/one lazy eye/horrible floaters AND.... *drum roll* crippling chronic tinnitus in both ears / Morse code in the right ear that sounds like birds chirping 24 7

Who here would kill themselves if this was you? Oh and btw kissless neet robot. Wat do.
>>
>>27895930
That happens to me whenever I am having a terrible day at work. Like, voices hurt.
>>
>>27898067
Also, some other interesting things I thought I should mention in addition to this:

Does anyone else see a bright flash of white light when someone makes a noise during the phase of sleep between being awake and asleep (hypnagogic state) in bed?

Also, I see these colours when I'm in the dark that almost move inward like an infinite spiral but are like partial ovoid/circular shapes of alternating colours decreasing in radius until they reach the singularity? It's this weird weird effect that happens on its own and I attribute the visual colours to the preamble of "falling into a hypnotic state" that is sleep.
>>
>>27895390
>Floaters
Yep. Not really visible unless I stare upwards at the sky
>Fast flickering visual snow
Yep, to an extent. It's really noticeable in complete darkness. It's kinda weird how similar it is to bad digital cameras.
>Small moving light points
Only if I have too much blood flowing to my head, like if I'm upside down for too long
>Negative afterimage
If I stare at too bright of a screen when I just wake up, everything for a while will have a slight halo to it.
>>
File: 1460762247171.png (540 KB, 880x666) Image search: [Google]
1460762247171.png
540 KB, 880x666
>>27895390
How can you tell the difference? Won't u see floaters and snow in both pictures?
(Second post)
I sometimes see floaters am i going to die?
>>
Me but I rarely see it. Got some big eye floaters though. Went and got that shit checked, was all good though.
>>
File: dep squid.png (219 KB, 441x268) Image search: [Google]
dep squid.png
219 KB, 441x268
>>27895930
that video is going to give me nightmares. is this a hell simulator?
>>
>>27896588
I've never done any of that, and I get crazy visuals in the dark. Used to be really bad as a kid, but I still can get a pretty good visual if I put some pressure on my eyeballs.
>>
>>27895503
Sure but light is insanely bright and your reading vision goes fucked if your eyes are dilated.
>>
>>27895930
holy fuck I hate children
>>
>>27898154
>Does anyone else see a bright flash of white light when someone makes a noise during the phase of sleep between being awake and asleep (hypnagogic state) in bed?
I forgot to add that when the noise "shocks" you from that state, your rebound back to awake-ness is via a bright, white light that is no longer than a fraction of a second?
>>
>>27897027
Did it intensify as you looked at the light? Did it look like a little flash and have you ever seen blue ones?

I've been getting those for years.
>>
Oh suck it up you. Having dealt with much worse shit like knee arthritis, severe tinnitus, and inflamed bladder, that shit is nothing, you can still walk, enjoy music and pee normally, relax and be comfortable in your own body without PHYSICAL pain and discomfort every waking moment.
>>
>>27898084
Nigger don't act hard - I get that from straining all the time with a rainbow coloured worm and blind spots as well. It's annoying.
>>
>>27898322
>boo hoo i have it so much worse
fuck off, this is why nobody likes you
>>
>>27898322
Go and make a Tumblr about it.
>>
EVERYONE has floaters
You are not a special snowflake
Get over yourself
>>
>>27898323
Man, I'm just fed up with it. I'd give anything to get rid of it for a week, just so I can have a break from it.
>>
>>27898233
This is
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIXPpGO3Jko
>>
>>27898233
No anon... Is real life... Is matrix... wake up Neo... You are the chosen one. KILL THEM DO IT AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY DO IT
>>
>>27898430
oh my god. this is EXACTLY how my mind thinks when I'm staring into nothingness. The most random stuff conceivable that flow like fluid from one random object and situation to the next like that.

Oh my god, that is fucking scary.
>>
>>27897331
I know only the noise is visual snow, I just chose that image because it describes how i see everything. Sorry.
>>
>>27896131
me tbqhf
the tinnitus is the worst, I can't stand being in a silent room. I have to always have music or white noise playing to drown it out.
but I can't stand loud noises either. and I can't stand bright lights because things get blurry and the floaters are awful, can barely see anything past them if it's a bright day or if I'm in a brightly lit room.
>>
>>27898192
No, I don't know why my visual snow and everything else is reduced when I look at a screen. I look to a white wall and I can see the floaters and visual snow.
>>
>>27898322
I have visual snow and that annoys me but that doesn't mean I don't have other issues. I have knee arthritis and tinnitus too.
>>
>>27898531
Because if you read what I told you, you're so fixated on the content on the computer than you nearly forget that they are even there, but staring at a white wall has no activity so the eyes sort of go cross-eyed and you start noticing all the crap that you do in peripheral.

Nobody listens to me and it pisses me off.
>>
>>27898411
Floaters are not my problem, visual snow is.
>>
>>27898474
Maybe you should start playing Osu.
>>
File: fffffffffffffffffffffffff.png (41 KB, 1002x600) Image search: [Google]
fffffffffffffffffffffffff.png
41 KB, 1002x600
>>27898554
No, I look at the wakk behind the screen and the visual snow is still there but not on the screen. Darker surfaces are more visual snowy. Looks kinda like pic related.
>>
>>27898654
Well it's obviously some psychological relation to the computer that you might not be aware of. Maybe you're still fixating on the computer, or maybe a significant light source blots out the effect and blends it in.
>>
>>27898713
The explanation is the latter.
>>
>>27895390
I have this shit. It's especially noticeable in the dark.

It has been linked to anxiety and depression disorders.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.