[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your emo phase like /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: 1431111380842.jpg (40 KB, 400x418) Image search: [Google]
1431111380842.jpg
40 KB, 400x418
What was your emo phase like /r9k/?
>>
Wore skinny jeans and dated a mentally ill girl who I made attempt an heroing twice
>>
I was in late elementary school
Wore hot topic and grew my hair out
>>
>>27895072
Never had an emo phase. Went Goth instead.
>>
File: latest[1].png (48 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
48 KB, 300x288
>listened to a lot of Rise Against
>started smoking becuz "i h8 my life xd"
>long hair parted to the side
>skin tight pants to add definition to my 1 incher
>>
>>27895092
That was the only time a girl wanted to date me. I denied.
>>
>>27895072
I would've had an emo phase if i didn't start working out in high school. Can't be emo weightlifter even if you wear black desu
>>
>>27895072
Never happened

I'm 21 and starting to cut myself like a faggot now though I've never subscribed to any kind of fashion trend.
>>
>>27895072

Never really had an emo phase, but I did have a metalhead phase where I grew long hair and wore band t shirts. I hung around the emo crowd since that was the closest thing to my interest at the time in my tiny school.
>>
File: 7654323.jpg (17 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
7654323.jpg
17 KB, 203x248
>>27895136
>I was in late elementary school
end thy life
>>
"was" like?
>>
>>27895288
I never dressed emo, but I was into emo bands back in junior high. I actually got deeply envoled in metal and I still am.
>>
>>27895072
Cringe. Luckily it was short lived and only lasted 8th grade. Prefer to never remember it.
>>
>>27895426
I was too beta and self-conscious to ever commit to the fashion. Most I ever went was slip-on vans and skinny jeans.
>>
i had a hot topic emo phase in middle school
then i started listening to actual emo music in high school, super gay desu
>>
>>27895072
I went the metalhead route when I was 14 until 16 or 17, then I just grew out of it and went the failed normie route
>>
Emo was after my time. I did grunge instead, but in a nerdy way. It was fine, I guess.
>>
>>27895632
This was me as well. I owned so many plaid shirts in middle school.
>>
I didn't have an emo phase. Why did people ever have emo phases?
>>
back in the early 2000's i was in a metal phase, but sometime around 2005 mudvayne and cradle of filth stopped being cool.
>>
i had an emogoth phase where i would listen to the cure and embrace and had the typical emo hairstyle

haven't left but stopped cutting myself
>>
>>27895072
Never had one and I'm grateful that my childhood was spared from that cringe considering how cringey it already was.
>>
Mine was more of a goth/punk phase. I've toned it down a lot over the years but generally dress in edgy clothes still.
>>
>>27895072
No but my dick has a thing for emo chicks
>>
File: image.gif (32 KB, 205x39) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
32 KB, 205x39
>>27895072
I was actually going through my old myspace earlier today, I was emo between grades 9th-11th (2008-2010) but it tapered off mostly in 2010. Still a qt and now it makes sense why guys hit on me.

Then I went into full blown edgy when I was in 12th grade, blasting Marilyn Manson and wearing black nail polish despite my parents banning me from it.
>>
>>27895072
I went the hipster route instead
>>
who else /personality never changed/ here?

I've literally never seen the point in fashion, cliques etc. Same jeans hoodie and autism shoes since I was 12
>>
File: fashion updated.jpg (283 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
fashion updated.jpg
283 KB, 1400x1000
>>27895072
I was more into punk/metal as far as the music goes, and a bit of goth, but I had absolutely no problem listening to emo music so that it would get me laid

>>27896093
I miss how the late 90s and early 2000s had a mainstream punk/metal culture. Even if it was pop-punk and nu-metal
>>
>>27896263
my personality never changed much, but the whole fashion clique thing was about being an outsider but also at the same time fitting in.
>>
>>27896263
i only once or twice dressed emo and i got attention and stopped, i don't know what i was expecting. didn't stop listening to the music though.
>>
>>27896303
yea, back before hot topic clothing was taken over by feminists.

i don't really care though, I grew out of it anyway.

being edgy is for kids.
>>
>>27895072
My emo phase died out in 2009.

Is it just me noticing but every decade fashion halfass repeats itself? you had grunge/punk in the 90's, turned to emo/scene in 05, now in 2015+ a mix of scene/punk is back.
>>
>>27896597
not so much that it repeats itself, but mostly that kids are too dumb and lazy to come up with anything new. They're just discovering rebellious/alternative music from decades past and adopting the fashion & sometimes updating. It's been like that for decades now.

Point in case

>punk in the 90s

punk became mainstream in 1977.
>>
>>27895072
I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT
I MISS YOU
I MISS YOU SOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_I_6lZSCnU

My emo phase was actually just before modern mallcore emo became a thing. It was more sad pop-punk music without the clown make-up.
>>
>>27896726
>punk became mainstream in 1977

no it didn't, punk was mainstream in the 90s. British punk was popular in the 80s.
>>
>>27895072

Don't feel bad anon I had a brony phase
>>
>>27896824
>pretending that there's a difference between punk and British punk
>ignoring the fact that every single from The Sex Pistols' album charted in the top 10
>implying that pop-rock like Blink 182 and Green Day is punk.
>>
I called myself a punk before I even started listening to the good shit, I like MCR, Rise Against, Green Day, etc.

I stopped claiming i was a punk once I got into 80's hardcore
>>
File: 1458616696577.png (304 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1458616696577.png
304 KB, 396x396
>>27895072
I've never been through any phases. Sorry.
>>
>>27895072
Short-lived. Only cut myself twice & my mom caught me.
>>
>>27895072
Non-existent. I hate it when I'm walking on a nice sunny day and I suddenly see the dark figure of an emo. Spooks me out, man.
>>
the emo trend was way better than the nerdy

prove me wrong
>>
>freshman year of high school
>wore same beanie every day
>got mad when people said kill yourself
>shitty screamo music
every once and a while someone will pull up a bad picture of it and I'll just sit there trying not to remember
>>
the only reason i was able to get a gf is due the music i listened to during my emo/scene/whatever phase

>tfw wearing matching rise against and avenged sevenfold shirts
>>
actually came about because of a very heavy depression

like physically i felt awful 24/7. i couldn't control it, like actual depression

anti-depressants fixed it and I stopped feeling anything
>>
Didn't really have it. I went through a punk/grunge phase when I was 18
>>
>>27895072
Never Im a Cyber Goth when I go to raves. Been raving since the last century. Day to day I basically only wear Ralph Lauren.
>>
>>27895072
i never dresed suited to my personalty cuz why would i want any one to know im evil phase
>>
I didn't have one, really. I got real depressed, grew my hair out long, never combed it, but still dressed like a kid who is trying to attract the least amount of attention possible.

I guess I got really into post-rock and the drew away from my best friends for no reason. Only just started reconnecting to them
>>
File: bart.jpg (62 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bart.jpg
62 KB, 320x240
>dress like emo/goth/punktard ('poser')
>steal their women
>>
>Had eyebrow and lip piercing.
>Experimented with weird haircuts and used to straighten my hair with a flat-iron.
>Actually did skater shit like breaking into my school and fucking shit up.
>Did lot of drugs.
>Got drunk the entirety of my senior year and skipped for months at a time. Sometimes I'd randomly show up to class and people had assumed I was dead.
>Barely graduated.
>Crashed car into stuff for fun.
>>
>had naturally straight black hair
>girls actually showed interest in me because the emo thing was in style

>now only hipster type shit is popular
>girls have 0 interest in me
>>
>you will never have a qt emo gf to paint your nails black with while listening to Sorrow is my Heart or some stupid emo band name
>>
Never really had one, but do style my hair like an anime character
>>
>>27900268
Yikes kys
>>
>emo boys and girls are hot as fuck :S
>>
>>27895092
Sounds about right. Good times, man.
>>
>>27895072

It never ended

> be 24
> still worship satan
> still wear black skinnies
> still listen to Atreyu and BFMV
> still edgy as fuck
> still h8 life
> alpha as fuck
>>
>>27895072
I was a bit of a wannabe skinhead, wore a leather bomber jacket and curbstomping and had a swastika on my ruler in school like a proper hardman
>>
>>27902294
you must be a girl
>>
>>27895072
I was part of the 'Trench Coat Mafia' back in the good ol days of Columbine.
>>
>>27895072
I hanged around mostly emos in middle school, and started listening to emo and screamo music despite not really liking it all that much. Thankfully I was too beta to go all the way with the fashion and hairstyle, even if I kind of admired the emo fashion style at the time. Saved me some cringy memories.
>>
>>27895072
I was such a good kid between 13-17 that I hit my angsty "fuck you MOOOOOM" phase late, and am still sort of in it at 21. I don't cut or even wear black but I do sure like My Chemical Romance, particularly Danger Days
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.