[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people here take madication to deal with a mental disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 14
File: pills-512.jpg (33 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
pills-512.jpg
33 KB, 620x465
How many people here take madication to deal with a mental disorder diagnosed by an actual doctor? Do you think your life inproved since you started doing it?
>>
400 mg of seroquel a day because I have bipolar disorder.

I don't spend every waking moment considering suicide anymore so it's a big improvement.
>>
>>27885235
i think my life improved since i stopped
>>
>>27885271
I see a lot of people saying this and it really disturb me. The medication a professional told you to take actually made you worse? Should I trust random internet strangers and refuse to do what my doctor is telling me to do?
>>
Is there even a single person that has positive long term effects by using benzos or neuroleptics?
>>
I do. I take effexor daily for anxiety and depression. I'm also prescribed klonopin and xanax. They make me able to function and go outside and live life.

In the past when I was suicidal I took zoloft and it saved my life.

>>27885601
I've had klonopin and xanax prescribed to me since 2012 and nothing bad has come of it. I'm extremely careful about taking them only when necessary and never taking more than I need.
>>
ive been on effexor for 6 years, id say its helped. has it numbed me? yes, sure it has. but its made my life "tolerable" to where im not considering suicide every waking moment.
>>
>>27885640
>xanax
do you think it has any effects anymore, or are you simply taking it for not having withdrawal effects?
>>
>>27885798
I often go weeks without needing it. I never made a habit of taking it and only use it for emergencies because I knew it could fuck me up if I did.

I take the xanax when my panic attacks are so bad that I'm vomiting and it usually helps me calm down.
>>
>>27885326
>I see a lot of people saying this and it really disturb me.

It should, modern psychiatric medicine is a racket for doctors and pharma. Many people on buckets of pills shouldn't actually be on them. The real nutters do need the meds though.

>The medication a professional told you to take actually made you worse?

Happened to me.

>Should I trust random internet strangers and refuse to do what my doctor is telling me to do?

No but your doctor is drugging you either for profit or because it is the only tool in their toolkit and they can't really do anything else for you. Discuss weaning off with him and if he doesn't even consider it then you know he is shilling. See if you do better without the meds after weaning.

>>27885601
Benzos are not for consistent long term use period even if some docs say otherwise. If you take them daily they will make you dependent and mildly retarded, early onset alzheimers and dementia etc.
>>
This thread made me extremely unsecure about seeking a psychiatric help.
>>
>>27885235
I take 10 milligrams of fluoxetine (Prozac), 37.5 milligrams of lamotrogine (Lamictal), and 20 mg. of dexmethyphenidate (Focalin).

I used to be extremely skeptical of psych medications, but I went into a severe depression after 12 years of therapy and 12 step work and Prozac dramatically improved my emotional world in less than a week.

I've dealt with some mediocre psychiatrists, and I have had to do a lot of trial and error with meds and dosages, but yes, they improve my life.

I believe now that I have always experienced low level depression, which led me to self-sabotage my life in order to create a depressing life to match my feelings.
>>
>>27887266
>I have always experienced low level depression, which led me to self-sabotage my life in order to create a depressing life to match my feelings.

This sounds uneasily fitting for what I do
>>
>>27887266
Jesus Christ. DON'T SNORT THE FOCALIN. It's twice the strength of Ritalin, extremely addictive. I remember back in highschool, I finished my medication in night or two. I gave myself very light psychosis because of my binging.
>>
Bipolar 1, complete with psychotic episodes. I take Lamictal to manage the depression, but I quit taking any antipsychotic. The only one that kind of helped was Latuda, but even that sapped all my energy. I stopped taking them, and since then I've been losing my mind, but I might be OK. I haven't hurt anyone yet, and I can keep it together for a short time. Maybe that's all it takes.
>>
I don't think so. I'm just more jittery than usual and I think less about how other perceive me.
>>
>this fucking thread

How is this even a thing?
People go to doctors, tell them they are feeling bad and the doctors give them meds to go full crazy?
>>
>>27885235
Diagnosed clinical depression
The mess are the only thing keeping me from an heroing
>>
i take celexa for depression and ocd.

it doesn't help with the ocd, but it has really helped with my depression. it's still bad, but not as bad as before.
>>
i'm on 100mg of zoloft. i can leave the house without sweating and vomiting now. yay
>>
>>27887672
You dumb serotoninposter. Been on about 10 different SSRIs, all have done absolutely dick. I WANT KLONOPIN.
>>
>>27887672
Fuck all that. SSRI's are normie drugs.
>>
>>27887697
i-i'm sorry

asfhkpskfuckyourobotsdfjlgxcj
>>
>>27887952
By that you mean drugs that normies take or drugs that turn you into one?
>>
>>27887610
>go to doctor
>stammer "I'm feeling really depressed and anxious all the time, everything feels so difficult and I fail because my brain shuts down in social situations, I can't sleep and either overeat or undereat for weeks at a time" while sweating profusely and shaking
>do you do sports? do you eat healthy home cooked food? no? then do that for a couple months and report back if things don't change

Needless to say that is not a realistic option for me. I tried again a few years later and got the exact same results. Doctors are completely worthless, unless you are good looking or at least socially competent, or have parents who gave a fuck about you when yo were still a child and there was a chance to fix your life.
>>
>>27888151
>unless you are good looking or at least socially competent, or have parents who gave a fuck about you when yo were still a child and there was a chance to fix your life

Best thing I read this whole month, there is hope for me
>>
>>27885235
I take effexor 225mg, lamictal 25mg twice a day, prazosin 1mg, and ativan 1-3mg as needed
the ativan really helps with the anxiety attacks
the lamictal and prazosin are new so idk how they're gonna work out yet
but the effexor... I'm not sure how I like it yet. at first it really helped, I thought I was entirely cured of my depression for the first 3 weeks I was on it after it kicked in. then, it sort of dropped off. so I just started taking a higher dose and we'll see if that works out again.

the effexor gives me a little bit of serotonin syndrome but it's nothing to be worried about, just some really mild hallucinations and super dilated pupils.
>>
Did mirtazapine a year ago. Stopped that shit after two months. Had full blown anxiety to three months after that (I didn't before the medicine), and brain zaps for maybe four.
The only thing it did for my depression was to give me really intrusive suicide thoughts.
>>
>>27888256
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEE
>>
>>27888135
I mean that only normies are helped by conventional antidepressants. SSRI's made me want to kill people.
>>
I was made to take medicine from kindergarten until 10th grade. It majorly fucked up my social development.
>>
>>27888291
Do not worry anon, we are all gonna make it, some day yoou will look back to this part of your life and think of how small the things you considered unfixable are for you.
>>
>>27888333
>SSRI's made me want to kill people
Oh shit, I get the same from my AD that has nothing to do with SSRI functionality. I get so mad at how easy other people have it and how they aren't aware of their privilege that I just want to murder everyone who even slightly wrongs me.
>>
>>27888373
>some day you will look back to this part of your life and think of why you didn't end it sooner.

fixed that for you.
>>
File: 1451892514662.gif (1 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
1451892514662.gif
1 MB, 386x286
Celexa 20mg everyday for depression. Don't feel like an empty shell of a man considering suicide anymore, started working out, talking to qt grills on OKC. and level up pretty well on Runescape.

Overall pretty good.
>>
>>27888398
I guess they help some people, and that's just great, but when I took Zoloft I destroyed everything in sight. Make no mistake, it made me violent. I'm lucky not to be in prison after my encounter with that drug. Some people, especially those with bipolar disorder, respond very badly to them.
>>
File: 1354447418386.png (407 KB, 615x651) Image search: [Google]
1354447418386.png
407 KB, 615x651
I can remember taking the following

>Citalopram
>Trazodone
>Venlafaxine
>Mirtazapine
>Lamotrigine
>Paroxetine
>Fluoxetine
>Escitalopram
>Zolpidem

Currently taking:
>Lithium
for bipolar type 1's manic episodes and overall mood stability
>Bupropion
for bipolar type 1's depressive episodes
>Propranolol
to reduce the tremor I have from taking Lithium and Aripiprazole
>Aripiprazole
For psychotic symptoms from severe OCD

If anyone has any questions about any of these medications I would be happy to answer them.
>>
>>27888461
Oh, it helps wonderfully with my depression and anxiety and I would never stop taking it just because of the homicidal urges. I can control them pretty well, although I've sworn to not arm myself just to make sure.
>>
>>27888398
>I get so mad at how easy other people have it and how they aren't aware of their privilege

I keep getting more and more disturbed with how much I can relate to you freaks. You know what I want the most? someone IRL I can say this to, just open up and tell how I feel instead of put on my normie mask
>>
>>27888488
>being this cucked by big pharma

How do you live with yourself
>>
>>27888488
>Propranolol
>to reduce the tremor I have from taking Lithium and Aripiprazole

I like drawing and playing guitar a lot, but every single male in my family gets a shaky hand before hitting 40, I'm only 22 and I'm already feelin like my lines are not as steady as they used to be and I can't change chords as fast as I once could.

Should I ask my doctor about this? Or are you talking about another kind of tremor?
>>
>>27888497
So they make you angry too? I completely lost my shit over something that would have only just annoyed me normally. It was literally a bout of insanity. I think SSRI's can be dangerous, and they need to be more careful who they prescribe them to.
>>
File: tove-lo-moments-music-video.gif (2 MB, 581x295) Image search: [Google]
tove-lo-moments-music-video.gif
2 MB, 581x295
I don't need antipsychotic drugs, OP, because I don't know what they are. Okay, OP? But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not, because... I'm different.
>>
>>27888524
I was badly misdiagnosed for years, and desperate for help, I took whatever anyone would give me to try and get better. Most of the meds they put me on make the symptoms of my disorders worse, not better, so they kept chasing the wrong symptoms and I got more and more desperate to feel better.

After years of perseverance I found a psychiatrist who instantly recognized what the actual problem was, got me on the right medication, and I felt like a completely different person (in the best way possible). If it weren't for me getting cucked so hard, I never would have found the doctor who helped me and I never would have ever seen any progress.
>>
>>27888505
I need several kinds of medication and after years of hard work I can almost pass for normal in short encounters, but every time I am awkward or too quiet, because I'm just fucking exhausted or something, some cruise control normal who never had to struggle with anything feels the need to smirk at me or to tell me to "not be so weird".
I want to slaughter them right then and there. Fucking die. How dare you not give me a break. These worthless other people with zero self control and horrible characters get excused for their shit behaviour all the time, but I, an actually virtuous person who works hard on improving themselves gets shit on and laughed about every time I make the most minor mistake. I am 31 years old and was never loved by anyone. What is even the point of trying? Girls with a similar level of romantic experience are half my fucking age. I will stay alone forever no matter what I do.

This turned into quite the rant, but whatever.
>>
>>27887697
tfw klonopin doesn't do anything for me
I JUST WANT TO FUCK MY LIFE UP AND MY DOC WONT GIVE ME XANAX FUCKKKK
>>
>>27888629
I feel like you are me 9 years from now, so I must ask you this

What would you say to your 9 years younger self if you had the chance?
>>
>>27888572
There are several different kinds of tremor, but the majority of them respond positively to propranolol. it would definitely be worth talking to your doctor about it- the side effects are minimal and it rarely conflicts with other medications. be wary that stopping it quickly can lead to hypertension, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 803x688
I should take Risperdal but I don't because I don't trust the meds, ironically

The cycle never ends
>>
>>27888677
Do drugs. Psychedelics, MDMA, speed, opioids, benzos. They will help you understand yourself and accept yourself and cope with your problems. They will give you the ability to seek help while it still matters.
Get antidepressants, you have chronic depression and severe anxiety, you aren't just shy and lazy. Try to do this before you drop out of university. Don't cut contact with the few people you know because you are embarrassed about who you are.
>>
>people taking antidepressants when you can just smoke weed every day

you are all stupid
>>
>>27888873
I can't smoke weed every day.
my health insurance can't pay for weed and I don't make enough money to buy it myself, plus I'm on court supervision so I get drug tested randomly.
>>
>>27888828
>Don't cut contact with the few people you know because you are embarrassed about who you are

Fuck, when read this and think of all the great, interesting, people who genuinely cared about me but I just pushed them away because of how much of a fuck up I am, because I could only think of what they would think of me in the long run, I can't avoid dropping a few tears. Will do my best to never do it again

I was expecting something like "kill yourself" and you gave me a real adivice, I am very thankful anon, it is easy to tell you are a good person. Please, do not give up, you deserve to overcome your problems.
>>
>>27889057
That's a lovely sentiment. Really, it is. Do all the drugs you want, anon. Some of them might even help you. Just be careful how much you dose up until you know how it affects you. You might want to be careful with amphetamines for instance.
>>
>>27889057
I'm glad you found something that is applicable to you.
If you can't like yourself, take some actual MDMA alone in your room and think about yourself and the people close to you. I found it really allows you to accept yourself and even somewhat like yourself. If you have a negative opinion of yourself, but great people like you, then you're probably wrong and that can be changed.

Psychs are really powerful, they allow you to experience simple things profoundly that really drives home the point in a way simply thinking about will never accomplish. It's like the difference between looking at a picture of a Chicago style pizza and eating one.
>>
>>27885235
your moms been on antidepressants since I stopped fucking her lmao
>>
I take Modafinil for my constant fatigue and depression and inability to focus on schoolwork or really any task which requires mental clarity. The drug is similar to Adderall but without the intense euphoria and superman-esque feelings. It's incredible. I feel like a normie whenever I take it. I'm able to articulate myself clearly, express my thoughts without hesitation, genuinely engage people in conversation, make decisions and act on them and many other positive things.

There's of course that biting anxiety in the pit of my stomach telling me "this is only because you're on a drug and once the addiction becomes overwhelming you'll be back to your old pathetic self." But for now I'm trying to enjoy it.
>>
>>27885235
I used to take seroquel for my autisms. Not sure if it worked. But quitting that shit was the worst. Couldn't sleep for almost a month, had awful aches and hot flashes and terrible nausea. Now my stomach is permanently fucked by the changes of this wonder drug so I shit myself sometimes. Whatever you do don't get started on this drug. Literally worse than heroin.
>>
File: .jpg (13 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
13 KB, 230x219
>>27885326
>The medication a professional told you to take actually made you worse?
>>
Severely fucked up my life by staying in bed for the past two years. I should probably do something about that, but i'm incapable of talking to people about my feelings.

Can I just go to a shrink, say I'm depressed and get meds? Is it even a good idea?
>>
>>27890716
From what people post here I'd say it is a 50/50 chance to get better or fuck you up even more
>>
>>27885235
im taking estrogen to treat my gender identity disorder
ask me anything
>>
>>27891044
So you traded hating your life for hating yourself?
>>
>>27890994
Eh, I guess it's worth a try.

Anything about Lexapro specifically? Would taking it without involving any professionals be a horrible idea?
>>
>>27891179
no i hated myself and my life
now i hate neither
>>
>>27891231
>Would taking it without involving any professionals be a horrible idea?
God yes, please do not self-medicate with any sort of psychiatric medication.
>>
I started taking vyvanse 60mg and I feel a lot less depressed and willing to do stuff and on top of that I take zanax for sleep.
>>27891272
awesome
>>
>>27891329
Well, shit.
What can happen?

I just don't think I'm capable of talking to a shrink but neither can I an hero/do any of the normie bee urself and exercise shit/go on.
>>
>>27885235
jesus. do you spergs ever get tired of this shit? get real hobbies.
>>
>>27885235
I take 20mg citalopram daily. It definitely improves my mood. I'm still a lonely shut in but I don't dread waking up anymore.
>>
>>27891483
Starting psychiatric medication unsupervised by a professional can result in a number of issues. The most pressing would be conflict with medication, food or drugs you are already taking. Next would be a negative reaction or allergy to the medication. Then, while you're taking the medication, you wouldn't have a reliable way to track how it is affecting you. You may wind up entirely on the wrong dose. You may get too much of it in your system and begin to experience painful side effects, as extreme as organ failure, seizures, stroke, heart attacks and death. More minor side effects you could develop such as Parkinson's, permanent psychological changes, and physical dependency are also an issue. Dependency is a major issue with many medications, so if you try to go off of it on your own and don't do it properly you will experience withdrawal, which can lead to many symptoms such as the ones I listed above or worse. Some people say that coming down from some prescription medications can be worse than alcohol or heroin withdrawal.

I could go on, man, but seriously, do not fucking take medication on your own. The slim chance that you don't fuck it up is not worth the overwhelmingly large chance that you'll seriously hurt yourself.
>>
>>27891653
fun

thanks anon
>>
>>27885235
>Do you think your life inproved since you started doing it?
Yes and no. Some drugs really fuck with your head, like Ritalin when you're not used to it. But it's the same with all medicine, it works the first few weeks but eventually I find myself back where I started.
>>
>>27885235
375 mg of Lamictal for bipolar disorder.

Works pretty good for the most part, wish withdrawal wasn't so bad.
>>
>>27891747
It's not enough for mania though, is it? You take anything for that?
>>
>>27891692
no problem m8o

positivethiswon'tbeorginalblox
>>
>>27890994
>From what people post here I'd say it is a 50/50 chance to get better

I'd say the odds are a little better than that, this board likely collects the failure stories and there's confirmation bias
>>
>>27886783
It is a sort of hit-and-miss process but eventually I think you can find someone who works for you just don't do anything you're super uncomfortable with and give some medications a chance but it's better than living with terrible intrusive thoughts. Also combine with weekly talk therapy for most effective outcome.
>>
File: 1456624114903.jpg (34 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1456624114903.jpg
34 KB, 710x720
No one in these threads is ever prescribed what I've been given recently, makes me wonder why the fuck my psychiatrist gave them to me.
>>
>>27892843
Tell us what he gave you
>>
>>27892876
Clomipramine, I guess I should've mentioned that
>>
Took Zoloft for a year or two, didn't noticed much of a difference except it made me even more dull to what happened around me.
Saw some specialist for my intrusive thoughts but he couldn't decide what to give me, at some point I stopped going
>>
>>27892906
Well it's a TCA antidepressant, these are usually much more effective than SSRI/SNRI but can have worse side effects
>>
>>27885235
kys

tee hee
>>
>>27885235
Wellbutrin
Only antidepressant that didn't make me fat and more suicidal
Definitely didn't fix me, but living is a little less worse.
>>
>>27893897
You should try stimulants then, wellbutrin is basically a very weak stimulant.
>>
File: winetea.gif (974 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
winetea.gif
974 KB, 500x341
I've been really anxious since I was a little kid, and I think that's whats led me to make the shitty life choices that cause my depression. gonna see a psychiatrist soon and try and get a xanax script, probably won't get it but its worth a shot
>>
>>27894673
they'll probably give you ssris instead
>>
>>27895043
and if those don't work?
>>
>>27887610
doctors want to help you, one of the easiest things they can do is write a prescription, it's also one of the things that is going to have the most visible effect so they feel like they are making progress.
>>
>>27895085
they'll try lots of them. They're very reluctant to give out benzos, especially xanax.

They might give them to you, but it depends on your situation and how frequently you would need them.
>>
>>27895329
>12th most prescribed medicine in the US
>"very reluctant to give out"

you sure nig? i was on an antidepressant in the past, worked half the time and made me obsess over death the other half
>>
>>27895369
reluctant to give out in comparison to ssris, I mean. maybe "very" reluctant only applies where I live
>>
I was prescribed Prozac 3 weeks ago. Not feeling any changes desu
>>
>>27894216
Yeah, I get some adderall from a friend every now and then, but my doc refuses to prescribe it.
Looking for a good indian doc that doesn't give a fuck and helps a brotha out
>>
I take Risperdal for my REEEEEEEEEEE episodes and Celexa for my anxiety
>>
>>27895487
Was useless for me too, except made fapping more difficult
>>
I take heroine daily. don't worry tho it's prescribed.
>>
800mg gabapentin
300mg bupropion XL
15mg buspirone
200mg modafinil
60mg propanolol ER

Modafinil works really well for keeping me awake and focused, wellbutrin works well for depression, don't notice much effect from the buspar and neurontin, and the propanolol helps reduce my shaking in social situations a lot. I used to take xanax and dexedrine but I abused the fuck out of them, so I switched to neurontin, buspar, and modafinil.
>>
>>27885235
Well, I take hydrocodone on an empty stomach pretty often, because it helps me chill out and laugh at things that I haven't been able to for years.
It was prescribed to handle physical pain, but now I use it for my tumblr pain, you could say.
>>
>>27895529

What are you on now?
Have things improved?
>>
Me, chronic insomnia (no, not the kind of meme insomnia you get for doing jack shit all day)
Alprazolam and Agomelatine
Life is miles better
>>
>>27895649
this
>>27892906
Seems to help a little with the anxiety. Depression, haven't noticed any change. The side effects have been pretty bad for me too. Nausea, constipation, diarrhea, headaches, tremors, random bouts of derealisation.
>>
SSRIS may not be more effective than placebo for some people with depression
>source: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=185157

but placebo itself may be effective vs no treatment, but this was only in some people. interestingly enough those who responded to placebo also responded to true ssris
>source: http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2443355
>>
>>27895776
this just in: some people will respond to any treatment so long as they think they're getting help
breaking news: SSRIs are ineffective in almost all people who do not benefit from placebo
ftfy
>>
At this point I don't care about making my life better, I just want to get high. Suggestions?
>>
>>27895932
>Install Tor
>Buy drugs
It's that simple senpai
>>
>>27895879
I didn't say it was breaking news, the first article was released in 2010
>>
>>27885235
SSRI's improved my life dramatically, but I had to stop taking them so I could out and roll on e
>>
>>27895879
Are you trynna say SSRI's just don't do anything?

Because brain zaps fucking suck senpai. Screw those things. I'll pas takin them bitches.
>>
>>27895950
Got a beginners guide for tards anywhere?
>>
>>27896462
pretty sure there's some on the subreddits for dark markets
>>
>>27896462
yeah
https://pay.reddit.com/r/darknetmarkets
inb4 reddit maymays
>>
>>27885235
>was given tiny dose of zoloft 25mg
>stopped me from blushing over everything
>still have slight panic attacks where my heart rate picks up and i cant focus.
im thinking of asking for a higher dose
>>
>>27885326
Look at withdrawal side effects and stories before taking something. And, no this is not a big pharma conspiracy, but check if your psychiatrist has been paid by companies to give speeches on their medications. Idk when, but they were required to report it.
>>
>>27885640
Dude, Effexor is ducking hell to withdraw from! I only lasted 2.5 days until I went back. I'm hoping to bridge with Prozac and just attend therapy. They do help though; the pills.
>>
I just started Concerta for treatment resistant Depression and ADD. I feel like I have the energy to face civilization now. It may pass, but I'm enjoying while it lasts
>>
>>27896628
Also on 30mg Paxil, 60mg Propanalol, 300mg Buspirion
>>
>>27885235
zoloft for depression, recently stopped

wasn't that fun, just numbing

im numb anyway so theres not much point
>>
Don't know if this counts but I take 20mg Vyvanse for ADHD. I honestly wish my parents didn't start medicating me at 8 years old I have grown a dependence on my meds
>>
File: 1460697468230.png (15 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1460697468230.png
15 KB, 256x256
>>27885249
Holy fuck, 400mg a day? That's insane.

I take 100mg of that shit and I'm put into a nice comfy 12 hour coma.
>>
>>27896864
400 sounds like a lot but ive seen people up to 800 on it
>>
>>27896103
10 shekels have been added to your account, Mr. Judenberg
>>
File: SHR01071.jpg (41 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
SHR01071.jpg
41 KB, 288x216
>>27885235
I take lexapro for anxiety and depression and vyvanse for ADD that I didn't get diagnosed with until college.

I'm not one of those college kids that get it just to party and study better; I have an actual need for it. I've been on it since December 2014 and even now it has done more for my anxiety and depression than anything else, save for the oxycodone I got prescribed after my appendectomy. That's obviously not sustainable though.
>>
>>27887610
>mental illness doesn't exist
>there's no way other people are suffering in ways i can't understand

kys
>>
I take 40mg of citalopram every day for anxiety/depression. it helps a lot with mood swings. I don't lash out and say hateful shit like I used to. I also don't get intrusive thoughts anymore either

it makes me lethargic as fuck tho, and I get weird dreams now. but it's worth it
>>
File: 4L_v2Ox9yqm.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
4L_v2Ox9yqm.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
The only thing Medicine I take is that drank
>>
Bipolar type two.
I was taking meds but i didn't notice a significant difference. I want to go back to a psychologist and try something else but i'm low on money
>>
>>27887610
you are doubting the existence of mental illness on a board that is literally proof of mental illness

>>27885235
i take 300 mg of wellbutrin per day
my life is somewhat better
>>
File: G5.jpg (117 KB, 790x593) Image search: [Google]
G5.jpg
117 KB, 790x593
>>27888488
slow the fuck down there Elvis, are you a very rare case of a robot with a well-paying job or are you insured?
>>
I do, feel like I've built up a tolerance though and am considering suicide

I went to the ER but the nurse that saw me was supposed to call with a psychiatrist appt date but she never did
>>
File: asmith-134395.jpg (28 KB, 296x314) Image search: [Google]
asmith-134395.jpg
28 KB, 296x314
>>27888457
>taking 40mg of that shit
>it aint working

You were always a normie faggot
>>
I'm addicted to viagra
I take viagra
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.