[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The robot cycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12
File: Robot Gf.jpg (16 KB, 316x465) Image search: [Google]
Robot Gf.jpg
16 KB, 316x465
> Wondering why no gf
> Complain about it on r9k
> Blame everything except your own social isolation
> Become jealous of those who put in the effort
> Do nothing to change
> Wondering why no gf

Relationships are a two way street. Don't expect to get girls without putting effort in. Break the cycle robots.
>>
>>27876284
>those who put in the effort
For extroverts and those that were socialized normally in childhood, there is no effort. This can be demonstrated by their repeated insistence to "just do it" while not being able to satisfactorily answer "How?"
Also
>no vagina
>no nipples
>probably no butthole
That "Robot Gf" is nearly useless to me.
>>
This is the equivalent of the "be yourself" meme.

I don't want to change. I want to die childless and alone, this is my vengeance against this world.
>>
File: 1453908497817.png (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1453908497817.png
19 KB, 499x499
>>27876284
>Just be yourself anon and you'll get a gf
>It's that easy

You're not as helpful and wise as you think you are
>>
>>27877582
>>27877582
That doesn't mean that you cannot put in the effort. You are at a disadvantage sure, but it is completely your decision to give up instead of trying.

How? Force yourself to socialize in any way, small or big as long as it is consistent. It doesn't matter what the result of each individual interaction is, the only way to build a skill is to practice even if it makes you scared.

>>27877622
It's your choice, but the world doesn't care about your fate so it isn't vengeance.
>>
File: 1459705584137.gif (269 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1459705584137.gif
269 KB, 720x405
I know the problem is me, but I don't know how to change me
>>
>>27877685

Yes it cares. It cares so much. If it didn't care I would be free to live as I pleased.

This is my vengeance , I take and I give nothing back.
>>
Why should I put effort in to get a gf when a girl can spend 20 minutes putting make up on and suddenly she's out of my league?

Why should I put in the effort when any gf I get will be ugly as fuck around home because she's not cheating life to make herself appear more attractive?
>>
>>27877685
>That doesn't mean that you cannot put in the effort.
>it is completely your decision to give up
Stop projecting.
>How? Force yourself to socialize
Not answer, this is literally "just do it." How do you socialize? Your next words better not be "go talk to people." What do you say? How do you ingratiate yourself to someone you don't know or a group your not a part of?
>>
>>27877717
The pennies you are taking from society don't matter. The reason you can't do as you please is because society is fucking you, not because it cares about you. The world is built to keep nearly everyone down, and you are the one who loses if you keep yourself even further down.

They win if you do nothing.
>>
>>27877781

I've already won.
>>
>>27877732
Everybody has a choice. Your choice is harder to make but saying you don't have it is an excuse.

People don't give you specific things to say because that isn't how anybody learns to socialize. When children are learning to socialize they learn the rules of communication by constantly failing and saying dumb inappropriate shit. I'm not telling you to go up to a group of people and "be yourself", I'm telling you to just communicate with anybody and probably fail. You will not be making connections for a while, your goal is just to learn and become more comfortable.

It isn't something that you can learn by reading posts on a Mongolian throat-singing forum like this.
>>
You don't get to hurt me like that.
>>
>>27877813
by your logic you might as well just kill yourself now faggot
>>
File: 1460671914578.jpg (50 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1460671914578.jpg
50 KB, 380x380
socializing is like grinding in a RPG

you have to keep winning battles to gain experience and get stronger

but the monsters are too strong, I can't beat them

I'm level 1 and all the monsters are level 20+

I'm supposed to be level 20+ but I didn't grind when the monsters were easy, and now I'm fucked
>>
>>27877850
>saying you don't have it
When did I?
>People don't give you specific things to say because that isn't how anybody learns to socialize. When children are learning to socialize they learn the rules of communication by constantly failing and saying dumb inappropriate shit.
That's all well and good for children, but adult's attempts at socializing have consequences.
>I'm telling you to just communicate
How? "Hi. Nice weather today eh?" Tried that. A million fucking times.
>your goal is just to learn and become more comfortable.
What you seem to not grasp is people aren't comfortable with *me*. I've never snobbed a person in my life, but when I can't take the conversation past "what's up" people walk away.

But you've convinced yourself the only reason someone wouldn't socialize is because they'd choose not to try, so this is falling on deaf eyes.
>>
>>27877903
I completely agree that people who don't socialize are usually doing it exactly because it is much more difficult for whatever reason. I'm not saying that it is for lack of trying or effort, but that the only solution is to never stop trying.

If people aren't comfortable with you I'm sorry, it makes it that much harder. It is unfair and much harder, but it is not impossible.
>>
>>27877903
The consequences for trying to talk to people are mostly in your head man. Nobody is going to call the police or anything, you just might get embarrassed.
>>
>wonder why robots are such retards
>go to /r9k/
>don't read their posts carefully
>think all posts are by the same guy
>don't tell the real robots from the guys who are just posting memes

You are one really dumb normalfag.
>>
>>27877943
>I'm not saying that it is for lack of trying or effort
That's exactly what you said.

>>27876284
>jealous of those who put in the effort
>>27877685
>>
Now you tell me to try? Did you have your fill taunting me here?

It's effort to quell this anger. I built a cage, a prison of self depreciation around it.

Don't you dare feel sorry for making me this way.
>>
>>27876284
my problem is 99% of girls are just too much work and trouble to keep around while offering nothing of value except sex.

so i don't bother with them. then when i finally meet that 1% i don't get it right because no experience.

i need to just bite the bullet and get a practice gf. i've been asked out by a couple girls this year but it just is so much trouble for people i'm really not even interested in.

as for your virgin shaming i'd say you pretty much missed the mark as bad as you can. the first assumption is you think people should put in a huge effort to mold themselves into some caricature they think will please others.
>>
>>27877964
>Nobody is going to call the police or anything
I used to know a girl that would **literally** call the cops on any man who's behavior or attempts to talk to her she considered "creepy." I had to talk to her down from calling the cops on someone who knocked on her door looking for her roommate because in her mind he should have known there was a girl in the house.
>>
>>27877977
I am not OP, that isn't all me.
I said

Not implying that you haven't put in effort in the first place, but that more is required for the result that you want.
>>
>>27878009
How do you put in the effort?
>>
File: looks-v-personality.png (20 KB, 432x330) Image search: [Google]
looks-v-personality.png
20 KB, 432x330
>>27876284
>being a bluepilled normie who still thinks "effort" and "personality" get pussy
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27878018
By getting up after your failures and trying again without getting down on yourself.

I'm not some fucking normie come to preach to you about how easy it was for me and how you too can do it. The only way I learned how to speak and be somewhat likable is through embarrassing myself constantly but trying again, and I did it as an adult.
>>
File: 1448129634747.png (635 KB, 947x419) Image search: [Google]
1448129634747.png
635 KB, 947x419
>>27876284
That's right! Keep working hard and putting in an effort and eventually Stacy will be moved by your efforts once she's in her mid 30's and ready to settle down!
>>
File: 1458875788740.jpg (164 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1458875788740.jpg
164 KB, 500x600
OP is right, stop being a bunch of pussies and go out into uncomfortable situations. You will eventually become desensitized and grow mentally.

I was an introverted social retard with crippling social anxiety. I ended up in a situation where I was forced to face my fears and in the end I became a better person from it.

Most of you just need the motivation to just get the fuck out there and deal with life instead of crying in front of a computer screen.
>>
>>27878044
>By getting up after your failures and trying again without getting down on yourself.
How did you try? What were the scenarios? When did failure turn to success? Who did you lose in your life from failing and who did you gain from succeeding? How many friends and sexual partners do you have now?
>>
Hah god why do you think it's about another person? Me myself and i
>>
>>27878021
>current_year
>being this buttblasted

maybe if you weren't such a piece of shit then you too could use personality and effort to "get pussy." stay bitter, faggot.
>>
>>27878058
>DUDE JUST PUBLICLY FAIL AND IT WILL GET BETTER
no

every time I embarrass myself it's like ripping off a scab that was almost healed
>>
Look at these dumb whores telling us to go after dumb whores and play their game.
>>
>>27878091
Then sit in the hell you created. You will never leave your mental prison unless you break out of it.
>>
>>27878136
okay, I will

it's hell in here and it's hell out there, I'd rather take the hell I know
>>
>>27878136

You'll be here with us fag, when you get cucked and cheated on.
>>
>>27876284
Yeah I lurk sometimes just too see how basic and neet these people are
They're like really missing the point when it comes to women
We aren't so different after all yooo
>>
>>27877685
>force yourself to socialize

No shit Sherlock, but how?
>>
>>27878065
I walked up and talked to people I didn't know. I'm not saying go out onto the street and strike up conversation, there are a lot of groups you can join even if you arent that interested in what they do.

At my college there was a game room where a lot of nerds would gather to play card games or whatever. I tried talking to those guys first because it was kind of like the low hanging fruit of social groups really. If there is a tabletop gaming group in your area you can find that is another thing I did.

It took a month or two of forcing myself to have longer and longer daily interactions to feel comfortable enough that it didn't feel like I was trying really hard just to not be an idiot.

I didnt lose anyone because everyone I talked to were initially strangers. I gained a lot of acquaintances and have maybe 5 friends and one good friend. I've been in a relationship for 2 years and have had a few sexual partners.

This all started like 4 years ago at the beginning of college. Hope it helps.
>>
File: 1455483753098.jpg (940 KB, 1000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1455483753098.jpg
940 KB, 1000x3000
>>27876284
>>27878058
>>27878044
>Being rejected hundeds of times is normal!
>I-it doesn't bother me! Not one bit!
You guys have never known a legitimate Chad, that's why. You really don't understand just how easy it can be. Can you maintain your motivation once you realize Chad can cuck you at will for what you devoted your life to attain?

>>27878081
>you too could use personality and effort
"too"
Girls mistake Chad's good looks for a good personality.
And Chads often delude themselves into thinking their personalities are what makes them sexy to women.
>>
File: lina.png (393 KB, 660x658) Image search: [Google]
lina.png
393 KB, 660x658
I can't even talk on the phone and you want me to cold approach strangers

nah

I don't talk to people because I have nothing to say. I'm a boring person and interacting with me is just wasting their time
>>
>>27878153
>implying i date
>implying i need gf to keep me happy
>implying i don't just use tinder

4chan has been part of my life for 8 years, I still love you guys, I don't wanna leave. You're like the autistic little virgin brothers I never had.

>>27878146
You will never know or understand real life anon. I pity you.
>>
>>27878218
real life has proven that it doesn't want me, do not pity me
>>
>>27878212
>You guys have never known a legitimate Chad, that's why. You really don't understand just how easy it can be. Can you maintain your motivation once you realize Chad can cuck you at will for what you devoted your life to attain?

You have an inferiority complex about a fictional alpha that takes the form in regular guys who get laid easily. I've seen plenty of ugly fat dudes get ass just because they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>27878250
there's more to life than "getting ass"
>>
>>27878243
I hope one day you change how you view the world. Sure it's shitty and rough, but if you focus on the positive things it's not bad. There are people who could love you if you just go out and find them.
>>
>>27878212
We've all fucking met Chads dude, they're everywhere. Something isn't pointless just because other people are naturally better than you at it. If you seriously "devoted your life" to it you could be equal to or better than chad.

Also, not everyone who can socialize easily or is good looking has a bad personality.
>>
File: 1457721792595.png (821 KB, 1330x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457721792595.png
821 KB, 1330x1080
>>27878218
>pity's someone
>While posting in a Taiwanese finger puppet board
>>
>implying we won't have superior sexbots in no time

FEMLETS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>27876284
>see group of people who reject the normie life
>be exposed to heretical new perspectives and outlooks
>red alert.exe
>tell them they must convert to your way immediately to avoid burning in hell
>must absolutely save these poor souls
>just world model lives another day
>>
>>27878281
Then why do you obsess over it so much? Judging by your post it seems to bother you.
>>
>>27878288
it's not worth the hurt

it's like crawling through a field of cactus for a $20 (that might not even be there)
>>
>>27878299
kek, true. I just wish some of you could lose the burden of loneliness, sadness and anger. It doesn't have to be this way.
>>
>>27878323
More like you're already laying in a bed of hot coals and you have the choice of staying there forever and burning slowly or crawling through the field of cactus for a while with some chance of salvation at the end.
>>
>>27878370
>lay on a bed of hot coals until your body is calloused and numb and can't feel the burning anymore
vs
>roll around on the bed of hot coals for the amusement of others and hope that one of them takes enough pity on you to give you a brief solace and then throw you back on the coals
>>
>>27878323
It is worth the hurt. Have you ever fantasized about walking out of your house and going to the store without the feeling of dread and shame? Have you ever wished you could just wake up in the morning without the crushing despair and suicidal thoughts? Have you not dreamed of meeting someone who could spend the rest of your life loving you?

These are all not impossible, just difficult and painful. Learn from your mistakes, don't dwell on them.

I know most of you will think of my advice as bullshit, that I'm a normie who would never understand. Maybe my posts insight hatred for me. Just know I was like you, I put in work and I got results. Try loving yourself at the very least. I love you guys.
>>
Women are like a piece of chocolate filled with shit.
>>
>>27878409
>Try loving yourself
there's nothing to love

it's not just a switch I can flip and say "ok I love myself!"

I hate every aspect of myself and every time I change something, I find something new to hate

I have no reason to believe I'm beyond dirt, no one has ever told me otherwise
>>
>>27878409
What kind of work?
>>
File: 1456967677108.jpg (325 KB, 360x4480) Image search: [Google]
1456967677108.jpg
325 KB, 360x4480
>>27878250
>You have an inferiority complex about a fictional alpha that takes the form in regular guys who get laid easily. I've seen plenty of ugly fat dudes get ass just because they don't give a fuck.
Those ugly fat guys take what they can get and that's it. You even took special notice of it because of how unlikely it was for them to get laid by some desperate, really drunk 4/10 one time.

Chad is not fictional, anon. In my navy divison there were 2 guys who were literal chads, shredded, symmetrical faces, seriously model-tier, no homo. Rivers of pussy. Any women showed up to the ship, they got first crack at, every time. Going around town, clubs, etc. girls would approach THEM, in groups. I'll never forget this time a group of us were eating in a family restaurant one morning, and a girl and her parents approach Chad and ask if he'll come sit with them for a bit. Chads live a very different existence.

Meanwhile, the normal guys could get girls with a lot of work, or had their one sweetheart or wife from back home (I was in this group, thankfully). If the normies decided to play the in-work dating pool, they could have Chad's castoffs once he was done fucking them.

And the ugly guys? Zero pussy, ever, no matter how hard they tried. There was one guy whose acne was so bad he looked like a beast out of a movie, and he knew it. And the Chads would constantly advise him on how looks don't matter, how a good smile is important, confidence and game, etc. But when Chad sat by himself in the club, girls would come and ask him why he's sitting by himself. Think that ever happened to Uggo?

>>27878297
>If you seriously "devoted your life" to it you could be equal to or better than chad.
:^)
>>
>>27878444
Your stuck in a self defeating mindstate. The only way to change that is pretty much telling yourself you are worth it. If everyday you started saying something positive about yourself (even if it's something small like meme making) over time you can build a small shred of self confidence. The more positive energy you put into yourself, the better you will feel.

>>27878449
Striving for physical, mental, social and spiritual growth. You start spending your day trying to do something productive instead of self sabotaging your life with negative thoughts.
>>
>>27876284
Nigguh, stop trying to reason with those fuckers.
They have a whole heap of excuses, hate and vitriol to justify their laziness and grudge against the world.
Trying to argue with them is pointless.
>>
>be at work right now (planet fitness)
>girl comes in with her mom and sister it seems like
>she's absolutely beautiful
>can't stop looking into her eyes even tho I'm a nervous retard that can't make eye contact with own
>watch her work out on cameras, not in a weird way I'm just captivated
>she comes and sits on the couch in front while they tan
>try to throw a water bottle away to impress her or something idk
>miss
>she laughs and says "you can do better than that"
>sperg out and just laugh and say yeah instead of taking this opportunity to talk to her
>walk away
>she leaves with her friends
>tfw will probably never see her again

I was in love bros, send help
>>
> don't know a chad.

I've heard both, it's pure suffering knowing a chad but in other ways enlightening. Can you share some stories?
>>
>>27878562
help sent :^)
>>
>>27878513
he has a nigger nose
>>
>>27878519
so lie? build a fake personality on a foundation of lies?

because that's all saying "you're worth it" would be. a fucking lie.

and everyone else knows I'm lying. I'm only lying to myself. they see a guy like me and instantly know I'm a loser. having fake confidence just makes me look like an ARROGANT loser
>>
>>27878513
Looks do matter, as does personality, wealth and confidence. "Chads" will always have it easier with women and nothing can change that. Ugly guys will always have it harder. Why should that hold so much control over your own life and happiness? You have been given the chance to walk on earth, explore it. Life isn't about getting laid, finding love, being rich or married. Those are all the end results, the journeys are whats makes life interesting and worth enjoying.

All I can say is that if you are unhappy, do something different. Change SOMETHING about your life. Fuck what anyone else has or what they think. Live for yourself and no one else. Once you are in a position to help others, do so. Be a better person in general.
>>
>>27878586
Being an arrogant loser feels better than being a self hating loser. Building confidence isn't lying, it's discovering the beauty in yourself. Telling yourself you're worth it is a simple form of self hypnosis to break you out of your mental walls so you can start bettering yourself.
>>
>>27878212
I usually think /r9k/ propaganda like this is stupid, but that last picture is so accurate to what my last (only) relationship was like that it makes me want to give up on women for good.
>>
>>27878642
>Why should that hold so much control over your own life and happiness?
Finally someone says the truth. People should just accept where they are and move on.

But they don't, because greedy roasties keep telling them lies like "You can be with a beautiful girl if you just change yourself to suit our whims and work a little bit harder!" So they try, they naturally fail, then blame themselves, and become even more miserable.
>>
>>27878586
Not that guy, but yes faking it really is a legitimate way to change yourself for the better. You're saying that it would by "lying" to yourself like there is a "true" personality that you have. The uncomfortable truth is that your personality is majorly a result of your environment and in large part is controlled by how others see you. An attractive guy has good social skills because he has always been treated as if he is worth more, and his confidence and personality was built up by that. Treat yourself as if you are worth more. Eventually others will follow, and your confidence will build on itself and your real personality can grow.

You may see it as arrogance but others will see your confidence as just that, confidence.
>>
>>27878574
This post was meant to be directed at:
>>27878212
>>
>>27878716
There is nothing wrong with not pursing women and relationships for some, but the majority of people, on this board at least, are lying to themselves by saying that they are better off alone and should stop trying.
>>
>>27878216
There are billions of boring people including me.
Fortunately you can talk about things other than yourself.
What do you think about... Etc
>>
>>27877895
>socializing is like grinding in a RPG
>you have to keep winning battles to gain experience and get stronger
>but the monsters are too strong, I can't beat them
>I'm level 1 and all the monsters are level 20+
>I'm supposed to be level 20+ but I didn't grind when the monsters were easy, and now I'm fucked
Ask a Chad to tank while you leach exp
>>
File: sad_stew.jpg (8 KB, 183x266) Image search: [Google]
sad_stew.jpg
8 KB, 183x266
>>27879058
I don't know any Chads I can leech off though :(
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.