[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got accepted into UCI >mfw I feel nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 17
File: 1439340282624.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1439340282624.png
293 KB, 633x758
>got accepted into UCI
>mfw I feel nothing
>>
UC Irvine?

Not bad, it's a good school. You'll like it there. What do you plan to study?
>>
>>27871579
History. (Yes a meme major)
I also applied to UC Davis, got TAGd there.
Waiting to hear back on UCLA and Berkeley.

I don't care about the lack of job prospects, I don't care in general anymore.
>>
>humblebrag on r9k

You're gonna fit right in at UCI.
>>
File: N2cIW5h2.png (231 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
N2cIW5h2.png
231 KB, 1000x1000
>>27871562
>got accepted into Stanford
>feels good
>>
>>27871562
>normalfag
>on r9k

why do you people post here and not on /soc/?
>>
>>27871562
You should feel nothing. It's a shit school.

Yale here. Who else /ivy/
>>
>>27871791
>>27871835
>lies here

Post pics or GTFO

>>27871672
You probably got in because UCI has shit standards for History. They teach history through theory instead of methodology.
>>
>>27871835
>tfw ivy grad
>tfw degree may as well be from a state school since i went to the shitty red ivy

who /harvardreject/ here
>>
>>27871562
I would hate to go to UCI desu

Literally nothing interesting around but disneyland, which is expensive so i could never go. I imagine most students rarely leave campus. Plus you're surrounded by the fucking chinese. Although if you're doing History you won't see them in your classes
>>
File: harshinadress.jpg (29 KB, 143x361) Image search: [Google]
harshinadress.jpg
29 KB, 143x361
mfw UCLA
>>
File: selfloathing.gif (490 KB, 495x356) Image search: [Google]
selfloathing.gif
490 KB, 495x356
>>27873755
LACC here.
Had straight A's up to 11th grade until I gave up and started weed, then coke, then meth.
>>
>>27873871
kill yourself, im an objectively better human being than you
>>
>>27873929
Na, I've been clean for 6 years already. Also, I'm certain I can fuck you up so I'm better than you in one area at least.
>>
>>27874037

haha rekt

>original comment
>>
>>27874037
I'm basically a skeleton, a 14 year old girl can beat me in a fight haha
>>
>>27871562
do you like hipster white girls, OP? I was at UCI for 3 years and the radio station there is really cool, KUCI, you can meet qt fems and play GY!BE and Flashbulb at 1 am and make friends
>>
File: 1460545522002.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1460545522002.png
51 KB, 657x527
I go to the MIT (not the Mississippi one) yet I still feel depressed and want to die.
>>
>>27874555
really? what do you study anon? also nice trips
i wish i could go to such a good university ;_;
>>
>>27874644
Yeah, really. I study Chemical Engineering and I'm halfway through.
Although that doesn't help at all, I still feel like shit. All the pressure is annoying me and I just want to be left alone and do nothing.
>>
>lol at all these richfags boasting about their ivies

Look buddy, I'm going to UT Austin as a Chem. Engineer with a full ride and a handful of internships/researches. I may even graduate a semester or two earlier because of it.
>>
>>27871562
So what's the big deal?

Besides that, anyone else at UCI get a kick out of that Cuck Fancer booth?
>>
>>27874790
Hello, I study Chemical Engineering, too.

I'm >>27874555 btw.

Do you like it?
>>
>>27874829
It's hard work definitely, but it doesn't seem nearly as bad as what you have at MIT, where there's probably chinks and poo in the loos with Aspergers sucking Professor Wang's dick just to get the grade bump.
>>
>>27871562
Dude I got into UCI too, its a mediocre school at best.
>>
Hold me /r9k/

>tfw number 2 in the class, good standardized test scores, decent amount of extracurricular activities
>tfw got rejected from all 7 of the ivies and mini-ivies I applied to.

I guess the only explanation is that they all thought I had a shitty personality based on what they read in my essays.

Anyone else been rejected from most of the schools they applied to?
>>
>>27876091
thats rough mate. i have friends in similar situations.
>>27874555
>the MIT
no one in boston calls it that.
>>
File: image.png (27 KB, 296x340) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27 KB, 296x340
Mfw Im about to fail community college
>>
>>27876220
Thanks, I really do appreciate that. It sucks that this kind of thing happens to so many people.
>>
File: 1458776432843.png (17 KB, 640x773) Image search: [Google]
1458776432843.png
17 KB, 640x773
ayy i go to berkeley. UC bros unite.

>i'm so miserable
>>
>>27871562
Live a half hour away from there. Irvine is full of chinks who are nice enough. Most of California is illegal Mexicans or liberal faggots.
>>
DUDE, get out before you get in. I'm finishing my final quarter at UCI and I'm so excited to get of here. Irvine is the most boring place to live ever, I would honestly go anywhere else if I was you. Good financial aid though...
>>
>>27874505
yes, honestly KUCI is the only thing that keeps me sane here at UCI. glad someone knows what's up
>>
>>27876281
>tfw I already have
>>
>>27872928
>implying you could attend any UC campus and not be surrounded by the fucking chinese

I say that as a neuroscience PhDfag starting at UCI in the fall. OP, when you get to my age and position in life and still feel nothing, that is when you aught to worry. Some would say I've made it. I dunno. Still feel like a robotic fuck most days.

Looking forward to those hipster white girl undergrads >>27874505. I know I'll never fuck them, but it's nice to be close enough to imagine.
>>
File: 1458512831115.jpg (49 KB, 550x266) Image search: [Google]
1458512831115.jpg
49 KB, 550x266
>failing calculus I
>mfw I feel everything
>>
>>27871562
>UCI
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HIS DUMBASS COULDN'T EVEN GET INTO BERKELEY OR UCLA, LET ALONE IVIES
>>
That face looks like it's feeling some real rage right about now.
>>
i'm making this a general college thread.

does anyone on this board go to uchicago? is it too ~quirky~ and liberal? i got in and i'm not sure if i should go.
>>
>tfw got into graduate school
>>
>>27876861
>liberal
All good colleges are liberal as fuck m8. I'm conservative and I've learned to just live with it and keep my head down.
>>
>>27871835
Princeton here. Some "friends" from HS went to UCI, and apparently it is normie central. Maybe it's a bit better if you have yellow fever.

Biggest issue with Ivies is that you go in as the "nerdy awkward kid", and end up just as the autistic loner in college. Straight from 4.0 GPA in HS to 3.0 while not even taking hard classes. Yay grade deflation.

Worst part is that all Chads/Stacies are often genuinely much better people than you will ever be. Not only do they have the looks, money, and personality, but they are often smarter too.
>>
>tfw my parents got me into a prestigious private school
>should be on the bus right now
>instead I waited until mommy went to work and I went back home because every step I took closer to the bus stop gave me the urge to vomit
My little brother is apparently sick and stayed home as well so now I'm waiting for him to rat me out.
>>
File: 1460432746385.jpg (96 KB, 499x498) Image search: [Google]
1460432746385.jpg
96 KB, 499x498
>tfw you were too lazy and depressed to write a personal statement

I guess I'll just bum around in cal state la until I kill myself
>>
>budget uc

who /bruins/ here?
>>
>>27871562
/Stanford/ here. Fuck the "prestigious" college meme. Fuck asian parents. Oh yeah, and fuck anyone who wants to make a start up-- I hate you and stop trying.
>>
>>27877041
hedrick hall reporting in familia
>>
File: reee.png (155 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
155 KB, 540x540
>going to college

GET OFF MY BOARD NORMIEFAGS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27876091
>Anyone else been rejected from most of the schools they applied to?
Yeah, but for different reasons. My credentials were terrible and I only applied to appease my parents. I went to an awful school, and have been miserable ever since.

It's especially depressing at the moment; my friends are graduating from great schools this year, and my cousin started attending an ivy. I'm just trying to stay afloat.
>>
>going to the University of Chinese Immigrants

enjoy your fucking rage when you realize that chinese just copy, cheat, and steal their way through life

your mascot is an anteater, and all the chinese students are ants
>>
Anyone UCSociallyDead

Dropped out 2 months ago
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 630x630
>dropped out of college
>passed 4/5 cc classes last semester
>moving to South America to be a tour guide this summer
I'm not gonna make much and I won't be doing much with my life but I'll be surrounded by wilderness for miles and miles and learn many things I personally find interesting. Keep trying robots, we will all make it
>>
>>27877020
He did it, time to kill myself.
>>
>>27876540
Glad to hear there's another KUCI person around here. Kevin's beard is the best thing man has crafted
>>
>last semester of community college
>gonna apply as a transfer to NYU, Northwestern, and Cornell
>should have 3.8 gpa after this semester, president of chess club

a-am I gonna make it robots?
>>
>>27877848
yes! is it a competitive chess club??
>>
>>27877848
I hope you do, anon. I'm thinking of going back to community college myself.
>>
>>27876988
>Worst part is that all Chads/Stacies are often genuinely much better people than you will ever be. Not only do they have the looks, money, and personality, but they are often smarter too

This so fucking hard, desu. It's even more depressing when you apply to grad school. There is no room to explain away their success to make yourself feel better. Some people are objectively better than you. You learn to accept it or it will slowly drive you mad.

>>27876866
What for, familia? I feel like I have accomplished enough to stop coming here, but I know I won't. Still feel like I might as well be NEET.
>>
>>27877310
Sup dude, I dropped out last year

>tfw failed to invest myself into the school community
>>
File: cmu.png (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cmu.png
55 KB, 800x800
>tfw full funding + stipend for grad school

scrubs.
>>
Anyone new college of florida
>>
>>27878182
hope you don't turn out like me
>>
File: full_sail_logo.jpg (48 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
full_sail_logo.jpg
48 KB, 250x200
who here /fullsail/

I'm seriously down to meet up/hang out with robots if any of you go here.
>>
>>27878244
w-why tho? ;___;
>>
File: USC.png (22 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
USC.png
22 KB, 600x200
University of Stacy and Chad anyone?
>dropped the same class for the second time
>feel like a massive retard
>still have decent/good GPA since W's don't count
>still have no friends
>>
>>27878211
Oh hey, I dropped out a year ago because I was too incompetent to finish my thesis, sup?
>>
File: uci_logo.gif (19 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
uci_logo.gif
19 KB, 250x180
>>27871562

I wasn't the only one that thought of pic related right?
>>
>>27877063
What do you study?

/nyu/ here. The city can be so isolating, but it offers advantages to robots.
>>
>>27877063
>fuck anyone who wants to make a start up
when a anyone uses any form of the word "disrupt", I instantly develop a burning hatred for that person.
>>
>>27878303
because then you would be a cripplingly depressed failure who discovers alcoholism because of having spending money and who gets kicked out after his first year because his coursework grades are that terrible ;^)
>>
>>27878441
O-Oh..... what program were you in? What are you doing now? I'm moving to Pittsburgh this summer, will be starting in the Fall.
>>
>>27871672
I have a degree in history. Don't study history.
>>
>>27871672
congrats, you're gonna end up a poor high school teacher struggling to instill information in stupid chads and stacies who dont give a fuck, all while surrounded by delusional leftist shitters
>>
>>27878455
comp sci
I admit I haven't been officially kicked out yet but that's only because the semester hasn't finished. i needed to make straight As to meet the cutoff but that isn't happening.
my advice: don't be depressed
>>
>>27877063
>Fuck the "prestigious" college meme
Why? I've fallen for it so hard that it's my only dream in life.
>>
>>27878522
I'm doing an INI program, MSIN, so I don't think it'll be as hard. Still, I don't have a traditional CS background, so I'll probably struggle regardless. Is it really all Poo in Loos like I hear? What do you think of the INI folk? Will I be spat on by actual CS guys?
>>
>>27878548
i don't go to cmu so i've never heard of ini
my school is definitely full of poo in loos though, i feel like even moreso than average. and chinese. i'm basically an international student
>>
>>27878577
ah, ok. well good luck, what are you going to do once the semester is over?
>>
>>27878593
be NEET again I guess. maybe my parents will finally accept that i'm fucked up
>>
>>27871672
>UCI
>History
AAAAAHHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAAH FUCK THIS IDIOT
>>
>>27878544
not him but I went to a school for the prestige
Prestigious schools are good in some ways. Your classes will be taught by professors (not grad students) and usually have less than 50 people. The professors are great and there's a ton of research activity. There's also plenty of cultural stuff to do, for example my school gets students to symphony and theatre performances for free, and brings famous writers to campus. Public schools are improving but I think I have it better than my friends who stayed home, in those respects.

The downsides...maybe you can suck them up, but if you're less than a total normie and somewhat prone to depression, you're gonna have a bad time. You'll be surrounded by the people who were near top of their high school classes, which I guess doesn't sound too bad if you went to a cali public school or something, but we're talking nationwide/worldwide and it amounts to roughly half the people being the walking Chad/Stacy stereotypes from /r9k/. Show weakness in the dorms and they won't hang with you. I was friends with my roommate and floormates for the first week, then they collectively figured out I was a sperg and shunned me for the rest of the year.

When you read about cool stuff that goes on at college, like esports clubs, DnD, and super esoteric clubs, in my experience that sort of thing is far more common at public universities than prestigious ones. Here, no one wants to do anything if it isn't drinking heavily or building their resume. All organizations are super serious, and I find the organizational complexity means you can't just hang out and turn the group into a group of friends like you could in high school.

It's common knowledge that college isn't great to folks with /pol/ tier beliefs. A prestigious college is far more extreme than most state schools (besides cali probably). I'm actually on the other end of the spectrum politically, but I'm put off by the shrillness of certain groups despite agreeing with them.
>>
>>27871672
go to Davis if you are okay with being surrounded by thousands of soulless and extremely boring asians
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.