[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15
File: boy-on-computer-late-at-night.jpg (9 KB, 263x179) Image search: [Google]
boy-on-computer-late-at-night.jpg
9 KB, 263x179
What do you study? Tell us about it.

I'll go first.
>Computer engineering in Sweden
>Only doing it because I had to study and this was the least boring one. I live in a great student city with lots of parties and events for students but I just sit in my room and shitpost. I wish I a normie. They seem to have a lot of fun.
>>
File: k-on-ep-13-1.jpg (74 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
k-on-ep-13-1.jpg
74 KB, 1366x768
>Mechanical engineering @ Berkeley

>literally all i do is stay in my room and shitpost
>like 80% of the other students I've met are "BROOOO LETS GET FUCKED UP IN THE QUAD DUUUUUDE LETS GO SLAY SOME BITCHES TONIGHT" normies

i just wanna graduate and get a job already

also if you go here pls be friend ;_; we can shitpost together
>>
>>27866380
English historical linguistics in Norway. Currently writing a BA paper on spelling and phonetic changes in English place-names with a special focus/comparison of Romano-British and Scandinavian origins.
>>
>>27866619
Are you being serious? That's nerdy as fuck. Why in Norway?
>>
>>27866380
>Mathematics
>It's a trip. I don't know what I'm studying. I mean I can perform proofs etc., but there's still something very elusive about what it actually is.
>>
>>27866585
>Berkeley
Are you some kind of genius? How is ME and what do you wanna work with?
>>
File: 1405479282707.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1405479282707.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>Computer Science at University of Toronto
>CS student union is just a den of shitposting and video games
>It's a great program for theory but not so great if you're looking to be some sort of programmer
>despite that, got my first actual programming job lined up for the summer, ~$30/hr
The highest paying job I've had before this was $12.50/hr, feels pretty great
>>
First year studying physics. I feel like switching. I absolutely love physics and it's actually fun studying but... I will never have a job with a physics degree. It's hard as balls to get into research and all other employers want engineers. Does anyone have any advice for me?
>>
Law at the University of Amsterdam. I should have my master degree around 2-3 months.

After that a condamnation to a life of wage slavery.
>>
>>27866380
>CS Major
>All the attractive "wummin in STEM" girls left months ago
>this is nothing like revenge of the nerds.
>>
>secondary education
>robot
SHIGGY

Real robots have no sense of urgency, and can't into college/uni
>>
>>27866710
>CS student union is just a den of shitposting and video games
Sign me the fuck up. My CS student union is nothing but brogrammers.
>>
>>27866865
you're wrong. I consider myself a robot but I only go to uni to not have to get a job. I just wanna stay in school and keep my life the way it was. I'm afraid of finishing school. Probably gonna do a masters but after that I'm fucked.
>>
>>27866925
What is your major?
Real robots can't do homework/studying beyond maybe an hour a day if they can take a break from CSGO.
>>
File: RPICrest.jpg (55 KB, 375x338) Image search: [Google]
RPICrest.jpg
55 KB, 375x338
Nuclear Engineering at RPI
It's alright now (freshie), but starting junior year it's supposed to suck huge balls. Joined a frat, and go out maybe once every two weeks, mostly just smokin weed and studying
>>
>>27866962
>robot
>playing Normie Strike
Ok, you're obviously not a robot but I'm still gonna answer.

I study CS. I don't have to study much and it's pretty comfy anyway.
>>
Economics in Italy.

My main interests were history and international relations, but I concluded I wouldn't ever find a decent job and I thought I had to compromise. Quite satisfied so far, though. Obviously no social interactions with anyone in class. I wouldn't be shitposting on r9k at 10 pm, otherwise
>>
File: 1273368493708.jpg (134 KB, 1141x893) Image search: [Google]
1273368493708.jpg
134 KB, 1141x893
>>27866380

Industrial engineering and management.

It's basically business school for people who are smart enough to do engineering math, physics, and programming. Most people are also very handsome, tall, and outgoing.
>>
>>27867062
Nice try, roasty. While you may have some robot tendencies, you are a bonafide normie by today's standards?

The compsci project was hard, did you get it in on time? btw, how's Stacy been? She didn't show up to the study group on Tuesday. I heard she was playing frisbee with some bros from the ultimate team after 152. Are you going to the smash tournament on Saturday?
>>
>>27866865

University is a tertiary education.
>>
File: apustaja.jpg (50 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
apustaja.jpg
50 KB, 655x527
>>27866585
>the quad

What is this?
>>
>>27867197
Well....are you going to the Sm4sh tournament saturday?
>>
>Got memed into doing psychology

I do like it though and find it interesting. I don't want to work in health services though and I have no clue what I'll do after uni (and I'm graduating soon)

>Havent started dissertation, due in 2 1/2 weeks
>then 4 more assignments and 2 exams in May

Not going to be an enjoyable few weeks 2bh
>>
>>27867257
Yeah, totally brah. You got any extra controllers? Or is Chad going to bring some extra for Stacy, so she can learn how to play during the warm up.
I might be down for some League later if I finish studying for for my Calc midterm.
>>
File: 1457284266578.jpg (148 KB, 727x639) Image search: [Google]
1457284266578.jpg
148 KB, 727x639
>>27867187
>pretendgineering
how's being a glorified business major?
>>
>>27867294
Is psychology your only major? At my uni, it's more of a secondary major.
I suggest grad school or law school if you want a job.
>>
>>27866380
>Get payed to study so that I can work for the tax authority, in the safest job possible
Feels pretty good tbqh senpai
>>
>>27867386
I'm not a 100% sure that im getting this right since we don't have the major/minor degree thing here, but I'm doing joint honours psychology and criminology which i think is the equivalent of a double major.

Yeah I will probably do something to do with law after, but I'll need to work for a few years to save some money
>>
File: thequad.jpg (184 KB, 440x286) Image search: [Google]
thequad.jpg
184 KB, 440x286
>>27867215
this is the quad
>>
File: 1455615418225.jpg (137 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1455615418225.jpg
137 KB, 1252x1252
>>27866685
>Are you some kind of genius?
lmao
no
in fact im probably among the stupidest people here desu

>How is ME and what do you wanna work with?
ME is great so far because I havent taken a ME class yet heh
im a freshman
but actually though I've really liked my time at berkeley, classes move a lot faster than in HS, you are free to spend your time how you want compared to HS... which has its pros and cons
dont be a robot in college though its no good

I wanna work in something related to fluid mechanics or something, hopefully I will have more concrete plans 4 years from now

>>27867215
>some of my peers are dumb frogposters
oh my god
>>
File: kssssssss.jpg (32 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
kssssssss.jpg
32 KB, 500x480
>>27867371
>pretendgineering

Hey man, I know how to use Matlab and shit.
>>
>Accounting in Norway
>picked it cuz it'll land me a wageslave job and i felt i had to get out of my parents house

im tired of this life
>>
File: mud.jpg (80 KB, 954x600) Image search: [Google]
mud.jpg
80 KB, 954x600
FIRST EXAM TOMORROW (CHEM)

HAVEN'T ATTENDED CLASS SINCE FEB

HAVEN'T STARTED STUDYING YET

NEED 50% TO PASS COURSE
>>
>normalshit thread
>>
>TV production at Fordham
The actual curriculum is shit, too much theory, not enough hands on work. Luckily, being in NYC is the perfect place to get internships during school, and jobs after.
>>
File: 200px-SouthernIllinoisSalukis.png (29 KB, 200x106) Image search: [Google]
200px-SouthernIllinoisSalukis.png
29 KB, 200x106
Sophomore studying Animal Science at SIU. I love my major and can't wait to go on to veterinary school.
That being said this place sucks schlong and what few friends I have are dropping out/transferring.
Anyone know how to make new friends/stop caring about making friends? I honestly haven't made one without the help of another person since I was like 10.
>>
>>27867622
>tv production
>hands on work
OKAY ANON, GO PRODUCE A TV SHOW FOR 25% OF YOUR MARK
>>
>>27867646
I mean, some more focused schools do exactly that. There'll be a class where the entire time semester you make a movie, or shoot a pilot, or some other productive project.

Fordham just has media theory and analysis. It reeks of the generic communications set-up.

I took most of my classes in visual arts, substituted in as comm electives. That way I could get additional educational experience in how equipment and shoots actually work.
>>
File: 1429562180952.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1429562180952.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
>>27866380
>CS in France

Interesting but no real friends here.
'On my way to the normie life' is a meme that I say to myself every day. But I still persevere

>party in two weeks
>make myself present to feel like a normie
>23h00 - 5h00
>tfw 6 hours of social interactions
>>
>>27866676
1st year ?
>>
>>27866737
If you don't want to do physics as a scientist go in engineering.
>>
>>27866380
I'm in paramedic school. I think it's curing my autism
>>
>>27866380
>Physics
>all my classmates are genuinely smarter than the average college student on every level. Too bad a good chunk of my class is full of smug.
>>
>>27866737
You'll be fine lad
>>
>>27866737
are you doing well in class? you will be fine. many pyshics majors go on to get masters in mechanical engineering or go on to work in finance or engineering. physics is a lot more versatile than you think

but if you think you would rather be an engineer then yeah switch
>>
>>27866737
two of ,my uncles studied phyisc, both are rich and married today and have longterm stable jobs, but none of them works in a typical physicsjob.

in the end stay on it if you like it, you will surely find some good job if you have a good degree
>>
>>27867622
>TV production at Fordham
t. retard

on track to get a 30k job as an assistant to an assistant to a child molester jew producer

have fun
>>
Criminology. Not sure if its a waste of money or not but I dont really care. Id rather spend my money to sit in college for a few more years than actually have to face reality and get a real job
>>
>civil engineering
>i like architecture and am always astonished with how poorly designed both the layout and structure of some buildings are
>not difficult one bit, just math and if you have taste, its a big plus
Who know's, maybe in 50 years you people might see some of my work, might even live in it.
>>
File: Hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>27868627
I knew about a guy who was accused of molesting children. Can't for the life of me remember what his name was though.
>>
>>27866380
Lund? Uppsala? tankte soka liknande
>>
File: 1439160515248.jpg (172 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1439160515248.jpg
172 KB, 456x628
>>27868720
>living in a building designed by a robot
>>
>>27868782
>not wanting to live in a highly efficient buildings where everything is thought out and nothing, absolutely nothing is annoying
>>
>>27868815
I would live in that building anon. But only if it's really cozy and the rain makes comfy sounds.
>>
Im a PhD math student. I should be getting my PhD next year.

Area of study: Graph theory and combinatorics (also matroids and signed graphs).

I have several published papers now and am going to end up being a success.

I also have a girlfriend, but besides her I have zero friends and zero social life.
>>
>>27868768
Jag studerar i Lund. Det e en bra skola.

Ska du soka till hosten?
>>
>>27869604
That's really nice. I hope I can do the same in physics.

What are your papers about?
>>
>have one final left to write tomorrow night
>did shit on my previous finals, like mid 50's (but my grades were all decent going in so I'm okay for now)
>have absolutely no willpower left to study

>just want to jerk of, get high and sleep
>>
>>27869604
>Graph theory and combinatorics

woah my great uncle is a prof in graph theory and combinatorics at U Waterloo, you probably know him

how do you get a gf with no social life
>>
>>27866380
Web science
Yuropoors
Some of it is annoying some feminist bullshit in the sociologyunits, most of it is alright some is even good. Very promising future in this field but ima normie. Robots would wash out its not for that antisocial type.
>>
Business/Information Systems Security at a state school.

I'm fairly certain that I have no future even if I graduate, other anons on here told me the field was depressing and mundane as shit.
>>
>>27867917
epita? :^)
>>
>>27867580
im doing accounting too

Does it really guarantee a job? ... or
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.