[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
quitting /Weed/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 23
File: 59627.jpg (25 KB, 350x378) Image search: [Google]
59627.jpg
25 KB, 350x378
Any other quitters here ? I have stopped blazing it for 6 Months now after nearly daily using it for 3 years. Turning my life around right now. Doesnt matter if you are quitting right now or if you have stopped a long time ago. Please no WEED LMAO DUDE types.
>>
>>27866243
Felt like weed was the source of all my problems.

Quit it.

It wasnt, but only after i stopped smoking i was able to pinpoint where my life was going wrong.

So, yeah. Weed is cool, but its not cool to have your life revolve around it.

Also, FUCK THE FUCKING PARANOIA. NO MORE PARANOIA. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AGAIN. Sucks im not getting high tho.
>>
>>27867157
>paranoia

Please elaborate, never had this. Do you mean because of weed itself or because of the cops?
>>
File: SpaceX_ORBCOMM_OG2_Mission_hd.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SpaceX_ORBCOMM_OG2_Mission_hd.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
>>27867250
Just everything.
>Smoke at like 3am out the window
>Shift change at the local weird government place idk i dont care
>"Oh shit they see me smoking oh fuck they will call the cops"
>Oh shit my joint extinguished. Do i relight it or wait until they go inside? Oh shit they will have a little chat. They will think its weird that i am just standing here at the window. Wtf do i do. If i relight it will look sketchy. Shit. fuck.

I know how fucking retarded this is, but it just happens all the time. I walk trail in woods and pass a person while smoking. Oh shit they smelled oh fuck this is it.

I only smoke with friends or at gatherings now or ride my bike for like 30mins out in the woods where noone will disturb me.

Paranoia is the only reason i went from joint a day to joint every 6 months.
>>
>>27866243
>Quit blazing every day during exam time 3rd year of uni so i wouldn fail,
>actually have motivation now and after 3 months basically lost all cravings for it.
>still blaze occasionally, once a week at most but went a long time just not smoking at all
>feelg a lot better every time i smoke now have grand earth shattering realisations and thoughts
>paranoia dissapears and now is very rare even with smoking
much better way to life man, so much more motivation as well, really started learning music after i stopped and made mad progress
feels good as well dude
>>
>>27867546
>>27867157
>>27867405
Thanks good to hear. Most here seem to glorify weed. Actually becoming sober again really felt good. I am actually able to see now where my life should be headed.
>>
>>27866243

I'm quitting starting today. Mainly because I need to find a job, but also because I've noticed that when I abstain, I tend to leave my apartment like a regular person.
>>
I stopped but i only replaced my weed with other things. I used MXE multiple times daily over the summer, and now that's essentially gone. I want to be able to get by without self medicating but I'm very stressed out about many things and i think i might pick up a gram or two to blow off steam tomorrow.
>>
File: 1453428739945.png (94 KB, 585x438) Image search: [Google]
1453428739945.png
94 KB, 585x438
>>27868673
I think you can say the same thing about your life desu. You arent able to just ignore the things bugging you when you dont smoke weed.

>>27868795
Dont it will get better i promise.
>>
File: 18294.jpg (30 KB, 662x510) Image search: [Google]
18294.jpg
30 KB, 662x510
>>27866243
Just a collection of assholes trying to escape their misery by blaming poor marijuana. She only ever wanted to help you losers. Now you're all miserable and not even high.
>>
File: 67322.jpg (83 KB, 477x768) Image search: [Google]
67322.jpg
83 KB, 477x768
>>27869497
>be me
>quit smoking weed
>life gets better 200%
>get gf
>stopped studying for a meme degree just because it was chill
>get place on a really good uni
>study something promising now

>muh you are just an asshole
>i cant leave these people alone because weed is so awesome DUDE WEED LMAO

fuck off
>>
I quit a couple months ago for work. I've done the same thing before so I knew not to expect anything to change. I'm less passive and I masturbate less but my underlying anger issues are coming to light more. I just drink every day now which is way more expensive and damaging.
>captcha: grass
>>
I've had to quit for a drug test but I can't wait to get back. Unlike most of you here I long for and embrace the escapism it provides. I already know life is the same either way, only difference is I actually feel good while smoking. Inb4 addict or basement dweller, haven't smoked in 6 months and quit for a job. My life is just organically awful outside my employment.
>>
I'm high right now. I haven't smoked in a few weeks though and at that point I hadn't smoked for months. It feels good after a stressful day at work. Also it makes me cum way more and I can get it up and cum multiple sessions in the span of an hour.
>>
I'm currently using weed to help myself quit harder drugs (coke and opiates mainly)
>>
>>27866243
Smoked today faggot get lit
>>
This my 12th day into sobriety. I quit for an upcoming DT that I can't fake because it'll be in a government building not a typical DT facility.

All in all, the depression is coming back. I've started drinking again to cure the boredom. I've started exercising which blows. Things just make me angry now...

At least I have cool dreams now that my brain is catching up on REM cycles. But still I fucking hate this way of life. I just want to rip my bong or roll up a fat blunt.

Life is suffering then you die desu
>>
>Tfw you live in California and still don't have a rec card
I live near Compton too so there are a bunch of shops but I might get robbed buying weed
>>
>>27870148
I have done that for three years and it was shit familia.
>>
weed isnt even addictive, m8. I like to smoke but I never had a craving for it.
>>
>>27866243
Fifteen years of DUDE WEED LMAO here.

I don't notice any problem. I'm a professional and have a masters, thinking of going after a PhD too. And I'd still probably smoke erryday.

If weed makes you dumb and lazy then I shudder to think what sort of hypermotivated turboautist I'd be if I quit.
>>
>>27870226
I've been addicted to pain killers and tobacco. Weed isn't physically addictive but it sure is psychologically addictive
>>
>>27866243
I quitted smoking weed for some periods of around 2 months but i've picked it up every time and now i almost always have weed with me.
>>
I think weed use only really becomes detrimental after you've been smoking daily for long periods of time. I smoked multiple times daily for about a year and now i have been going back to my old routine of only smoking on the weekends and I think its been a lot better for me. smoking everyday is fine as long as you're not doing it for longer than a week on two.
>>
>>27866243
Can't enjoy weed after trying different, harder drugs. Its so boring now.
>>
File: 1453522931548.jpg (78 KB, 544x944) Image search: [Google]
1453522931548.jpg
78 KB, 544x944
>>27870226
>>27870237
I call bs but if its alright for you why you are here.

>>27870245
Just like cocain. This DUDE ITS NOT PHYSICAL ADDICTIVE meme is bullshit. Its psychoactive, has a profound effect on ypur psychological health and even your lungs. A lot of people even experience withdrawal like symptoms.

Fuck it, i have tried cocaine, ecstasy shrooms and amphetamines and nothing was so dangerous for m personally. Weed fucked my up because it wasnt so obviously dangerous.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (12 KB, 322x407) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
12 KB, 322x407
I haven't quit but I haven't smoked in quite a while because I only smoke if I'm happy because it enhances my mood. Don't want to enhance the feeling of worthlessness.
>>
File: 1457941501967.jpg (5 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1457941501967.jpg
5 KB, 250x236
Who here /literally goes bonkers/ when they're dankrupt
>>
>>27870292

my friends now ex gf he wanted me to help her get a job where I worked. The job payed $19/hr for like simple help desk. She was getting paid like $11/hr currently. I told her "just stop smoking weed for a month or so to pass the drug test." She said "no I can't do that, sorry."

Willing to give up getting paid near double an hour just because you can't stop smoking week for a measley month
>>
File: 1455249820212.png (37 KB, 1048x870) Image search: [Google]
1455249820212.png
37 KB, 1048x870
Rolling up a fat hashish joint right now. Gonna feel good in 10
>>
>>27870508
All these people bragging here probably wouldnt be able either. Thats exactly what i am talking about.
>>
>>27866243
I've been smoking for 6 years now i'm 22 and nowhere in life

i still enjoy it though
>>
>>27866243
I smoked literally everyday for 9 years, minus a month where I was out of the country. Actually even when I was out of the country I managed to score some.

Anyway, it's been two years since I quit.

Where am I in life?

I'm a 30 year old NEET who plays video games and watches anime while eating cheese and junk food until 4 or 5AM and then wakes up around 1PM. All the stuff I was doing when I was high except now I'm sober.

I didn't start jogging and lifting, I didn't start learning how to play the piano and how to produce music, I didn't find another job, I didn't reconnect with old friends that I fell out with, I didn't greet the morning sun with a smile, etc.

>>27867157
Yeah I will admit that the lack of paranoia is pretty good, but I also do miss that excitement but I can also live without it.

>>27867250
for me the paranoia ENTIRELY stems from the fact that weed is illegal. If it's not me worrying about cops, then it's me worrying about my parents walking downstairs to use the washroom at like 11 at night as I'm walking up the stairs after burning one.
>>
I was a weekly smoker while earning my computer science degree

Daily smoker and holding down an IT job for years after that

Now I'm on a break in anticipation of a drug test for a new job but I sorely miss it

I'm not more motivated or whatever without it, it just really makes TV, food, music, sleeping, sunshine, and orgasms better all around and I miss it. It's legalized here too but even still it has enough social baggage that most jobs seem to want to test before employment.
>>
I don't understand people talking about paranoia

i'm >>27870817 and i never suffered from that. i live in eu so it's not legal but cops are cool with it and anyway i never see them, i smoke at my window right in front of my neighbour's kitchen and people passing by, nobody will call the police on someone smoking at his window. It doesn't even smell in my bedroom.

I agree that it can cause social anxiety but i don't see how paranoia, weed doesn't prevent you to think rationally
>>
>>27871250
Like I said, it comes entirely from the fact that it's extremely illegal and taboo in most countries, and if your parents find out they act like you're injecting heroin.
>>
I smoke maybe a bowl everyday only at the end of the day closer to midnight when all my work for the day is done. How much did you quitters smoke and how often?
>>
>>27870505
if I'm not in a weed fog my suicidal thoughts run rampant. I ran dry for two weeks a while ago and almost surrendered to the train tracks
>>
>>27869758
Feel this. I have to quit soon for a job I havent even started to look for. Might get hired between a month from now and september.

I know it takes me about a month to get clear, and 40 days to be safe. Last job offer I had, from interview to drug test was 30 days. That should be enough notice if I'm only smoking once a week, right?
>>
Only really smoke for special occasions/festivals, so anywhere from 5-10 times a year. Never had a particularly strong craving for it even though I enjoy the experience, it's just like going out for some drinks (which I don't do much of either, too risky)
>>
>>27866243
quit a few days ago, been having some weird ass dreams
>>
>>27871645
largely
>>
i want to. i think i could do it if i could make it past the first week.

I just feel so sad when i'm not high. even when i get high i still feel it but at least i'm high too.

any tips?
>>
I'm about to take a long break until i get my shit together like have my own car,place and work on my fitness, then when I'm feeling better about my situation I will start smoking again.

It takes as long as it takes I'm not going to set a break length.
>>
I am too much of a miserable bastard to quit. My life is shit and it's a struggle just going through the motions of day to day life. I only recently started smoking about 6 months ago. I was a depressed fuck 24/7 before but now at least I feel some what normal when high, which is every night after work and pretty much the entire weekend.
>>
How much weed are you smoking for it to be a problem?
>>
File: Zyf.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Zyf.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
NEET for 7 years
I grow weed every year and vape everyday as I please, my mummy says it smells terrible
>>
>>27869758
How is it more expensive? Alcohol is by far and away cheaper than weed unless you live somewhere it's legal recreationally AND have a medical card.
>>27869925
Weed is a terrible robot drug desu. Opiates and Benzos are where it's at
>>
File: 1460367682827.png (201 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1460367682827.png
201 KB, 576x432
>smoking every fucking day
>blame mary for your stupid lazy shit life decisions

what part of responsibly and moderation don't you faggots understand?
>>
>>27872027
Opiates and Benzos are also incredibly addicting and dangerous...
>>
>>27866243
I need a benzodiazepine to quit.I get so irritable its not funny, one time a nice doctor scripted me 30x1mg i go to the doctor and she gives me 5 FUCKING FIVE .5mg pills.

Now im trying to find ativan or valium.Weed makes me a recluse and benefits me in no way whatsoever
>>
File: 1460487907090.jpg (46 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1460487907090.jpg
46 KB, 500x492
>>27866243
>quit smoking
>got addicted to cigarette's
>started smoking again as a way to resist tobacco cravings
>>
>>27866243
Quit nearly a year ago - weed nearly destroyed me. I quit my job and did nothing but smoke every day.

I realized this was not the wisest path to take if I didn't want to end up on the street. So, I quit.
>>
File: 1460408220816.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1460408220816.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
I quit a couple years ago. I've been more happy ever since, but I stopped an ephredrine addiction very recently so hopefully I'll feel like a million dollars after that gets sorted out. :^)
>>
I got caught and went to prison for 2 weeks. It's highly illegal here, same punishment as heroin or any other drug. When I got out I promised my self i won't smoke again in this country.

Smoked again after 8 months and fucking went back almost fully, except I did it on my own and the only person who knew about me was a close old friend/source.

Friend got caught for the 3rd time, he is spending another 3 months in prison (total 8). Ergo I haven't smoked in 5 months and I still crave it. I sometimes pretend cigarettes are joints and inhale for a longer time hoping to get a placebo high or something.

How the fuck did you anons quit? My life is still the same, it wasn't that fucked to begin with when it came to weed, I again but it's mostly nightmares, or misleading dreams. Booze is more expensive here, and I have to get hammered on weekends to make up.

When I returned to smoking after prison I didn't smoke all day erryday, I smoked 3-4/6 of my workdays and binged on my day off.
>>
>>27869579
At least I can keep my shit together. You clearly couldn't.
>>
>>27870192
Get a fucking hobby you pathetic waste of space.
>>27870237
You could've probably got a phd in a more mentally strenuous field if you hadn't been smoking so much
>>27870499
This tbqh, I don't understand how any true robot could enjoy weed, I've always just felt paranoid and wished I'd shot myself instead of trying to escape my misery by smoking.
>>27870508
Weed attracts the most absolutely despicable, apathetic fags imaginable. I've endured benzo and opiate withdrawals to secure jobs before and stonerfags can't even deal with having a clear head for a month to ensure that they have money for weed when they're retired.
>>27871038
What the fuck is your excuse you unmotivated piece of garbage? Go look for recently closed down businesses in your area and research them enough until you can lie on a resume about working there.
>>27871250
>social anxiety
>losing your perception of time to the point where taking a shit without music is unbearable
>having no motivation to focus on scholarly pursuits
>rational
Sorry anon, weed is just a terrible drug and despite what you think, people are far more functional on heroin than weed.
>>27871876
Examine why you're sad my man, rationalize it to yourself in a different way than you've been doing. Trust me when I say you'll come to entirely different conclusions than when you were stoned all the time and be able to cope better.
>>
i quit for a week. didn't make me feel any better. i just wanted to go back to smoking it once i realized how boring my life is without it.

plus, when im stoned i dont have to feel sad about how shit everything is.
>>
>>27872217
What country

I quit by closing off any source I had, and as a result became someone with no friends or anyone to talk too
>>
File: 1459136015426.jpg (35 KB, 458x319) Image search: [Google]
1459136015426.jpg
35 KB, 458x319
>>27872243
>being this mad over weed

sorry you suck shit at inhaling faggot, are you seriously trying to one up people with harder drugs? Who the fuck are you to determine what "muh robots" like and don't?
>>
The real problem with weed is it's price. If you can buy some weed at a good price and smoke a few times a week or month, go for it. If you're blazing every day though, you're pretty much throwing your money away.
>>
>>27872323

>he doesn't grow it
>>
>>27872135
So? Why live a life of apathy and lies by smoking weed and acting like it doesn't affect you just because the withdrawals don't make you feel like you have the flu? Either devote yourself to the pursuit of pleasure and hedonism without regard for what society considers improvement or realize that daily drug use of any kind isn't good for you.
>>27872217
You need to stop taking pleasure in passive hobbies and media consumption. Become a producer rather than a consumer and you'll understand how you benefit from being clean a lot better.
>>
>>27872287
>What country
It doesn't matter, it's a fucking shit hole.

And I know how it feels to have lost your friends because of that. It was a shame that most of them stopped seeing me cause some were paranoid and others couldn't fucking sit for 10 minutes without rolling or smoking.

Honestly anon, I felt better off and when I smoked again I had urges to call some of them but I remembered how worthless our relationship was without the weed...
>>
>>27872297
Because nobody pretends that alcoholics or junkies are functioning members of society. Caffeine addicts and stoners are literally fat acceptance tumblrinas who would rather perform mental gymnastics that would make Elliot jealous to justify downing a tub of ice cream every day rather than accept that you should only do that maybe once a month, if ever.
>>
>>27872342
>he thinks recreational drugs are black and white

holy shit you sound like an insufferable faggot
>>
>>27872413
what the fuck are you talking about? do you think all weed smokers are the same type of person?
>>
File: 1458251638291.gif (279 KB, 478x482) Image search: [Google]
1458251638291.gif
279 KB, 478x482
>>27872027
Guy you replied to here. I don't like opiates without weed, makes me too nauseous. Combined they make me feel like pic related though.
>>
File: IMAG002.jpg (261 KB, 1839x987) Image search: [Google]
IMAG002.jpg
261 KB, 1839x987
I used to smoke a bunch a few years ago,but once i started dating a woman with a young kid,I thought it best to give it up,as my gf was a total Straight Edge-r. I tried some after 3 years of abstaining, and it was awful! Great weed,powerful weed,and exactly the problem...I was rendered utterly numb,near comatose,content to exist like some sort of houseplant bathing in the light of YouTube, incapable of little else and not too worried about it. When i was smoking regularly, I would come home from work,light up.with a cup of coffee and get toasted for an hour and spend the next 4 hours in a creative whirl,drawing well and productively until I had dinner. This time I just wanted to sleep.

So I have said goodbye to weed,like some ex girlfriend:we had our good times,our laughs and revelations, our bad times when she had me on my knees crying (from coughing up a lung or three),and the despondency when she ran out on me. She left her mark on me,and i think of those times fondly...

But I won't go back.
>>
>>27872342
Anon I'm not going to argue if I am a producer or consumer, I'm not going to fucking tell you how it helps me with my hobbies. However I would argue that there is more than a fine line between being a pothead and thinking weed is that much of a degeneracy. Somewhere in between is responsibility, I learned it the hard way, and I don't want to argue about it cause I am starting to feel like a redditfag.

Quitting for 5 months, I tried to get in so many new different arts and a lot of things, mainly just so the cravings get out of my head, it doesn't help. What else helps? I tried to get gfs but I was rejected once and I gave up, again.
>>
File: 1411941750261.jpg (249 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1411941750261.jpg
249 KB, 1024x1365
>>27871645
Are you like a huge fat fuck or something? It shouldn't take anywhere near that long if you only smoke that often.
>>
>>27872429
Daily drug use is black and white famalam. I don't really see a problem with somebody who smokes twice a month but I've never met somebody who smokes daily that couldn't benefit from smoking less. Especially if they pretend that it's not affecting them whatsoeve
>>27872479
Addicts are addicts. I smoke weed and drink coffee occasionally, I just depise the memes about not being able to get addicted to weed.
>>
I vape it once a week because I sing, but even that makes me concerned I'm gonna develop growths so I'm trying to stop.
>>
>smoke weed every day for the past few years
>no short term memory
>insatiable appetite that causes me to spend all my money on food
>sleep all day on my days off

The list goes on. I live in a super weed friendly state and everyone smokes it but I'm going to be quitting next week. Last time I quit for a few months I was losing weight, remembering things better, and was happier. The only thing I'm worried about is that weed calms me down when I get angry so I might snap.
>>
>>27872568
You just haven't found your niche yet anon, I'm glad to hear you're moved past thinking that weed has absolutely zero negative side effects though.
>>27872545
I have respect for you because you're not one of those /r/trees fags who literally try to claim weed isn't a drug. As long as you can accept that it's a form of escapism I can respect you.
>>
File: mfwnoface.png (626 KB, 969x1440) Image search: [Google]
mfwnoface.png
626 KB, 969x1440
>>27872617
It's not a meme though.. you can grow dependent on it but physical addiction would take so much more than anyone can conceivably consume. Your stupid opiates are ridiculously addictive, the withdrawal can potentially KILL you. If you somehow think you're better than weed smokers because your shit is "hardcore" then be my guest and fuck your shit up
>>
>>27872693
It's ok to be angry sometimes, maybe qts will appreciate your testosterone fueled rage.
>>
File: 1460592200188.jpg (40 KB, 823x549) Image search: [Google]
1460592200188.jpg
40 KB, 823x549
>>27872706
Haha yeah even coffee is a drug. I don't give a shit about that. When people try the "it's just a plant bro" thing with me I just roll my eyes.
>>
>>27872729
Opiate withdrawal doesn't kill you m8
>>
>>27872729
I'm not addicted to opiates any more though senpai, nor am I trying to say that weed is just as or more addictive than opiates. All I'm saying is that weed can be every bit as addictive as junk food, caffeine, and masturbation and that if you deny this or try to claim that a psychological addiction to any of the above is ok that you're a moron who should reconsider their life decisions and seriously question who's really at fault for their problems.
>>
File: bart1.jpg (20 KB, 638x350) Image search: [Google]
bart1.jpg
20 KB, 638x350
lung problems forced me to quit. I then started shitting on it, denouncing it as degenerate, but I realized that it was just sour grapes. I started to pursue healthier pleasures (fitness, reading). Occasionally get cravings but I ignore it and focus on something more positive.
>>
>>27872765
I also hate the "le 'organically' grown drugs are better than synthetic ones even if their chemical composition is one humdred percent identical because reasons" meme.
>>
I just ran out. I want to get some more. Convicne me why I shouldn't top up my stash
GOOGOG
>>
>>27872836
Edibles lad.
>>
>>27872867
I also forgot to mention that my workplace drug tests.
>>
>>27872888
You're not missing out on much, alcohol is better in every conceivable way anyway.
>>
>>27872787
that is dependency, not addiction. addiction is physical, dependancy is purely mental, going cold turkey on weed, junk food, and jerking off will not harm you whatsoever. Just because shitty, weak people tend to like weed doesn't make it a shitty addictive drug.
>>
>>27872913
Yeah I've always been more keen on alcohol, even when I used to smoke. I've kind of gotten bored with it. I drink maybe 4-5 times a year. I just kind of lost the desire to act on the urge to drink/smoke.
>>
1 month sober here from weed. I had to quit because the panic attacks and anxiety were killing me. I really do miss getting high but I promised myself I wouldn't until I got my shit together (gf, a better job, moving out). That was the source of my anxiety, like I felt like the biggest piece of shit in the world. When I first started smoking life was awesome, but after like a year of daily use the panic attacks were just fucking brutal. Smoke on for me bros.
>>
>>27872923
Fuck off with this meme. You can be dependent on something without being addicted (ie. food, sleep, or your mom before you're old enough to think for yourself) and you can certainly be addicted to something without being dependent. Pretty sure quitting a gambling addiction wouldn't harm the addict, but it doesn't make it less of an addiction.
>>
My anxiety/paranoia didn't come from the police or anything like that. It came from realizing I was a 25 year old working a dead end job and still living at home smoking bowls in my garage. I felt like a complete turd of a human being. I could not even look myself in the mirror without wanting to cry. I had such high hopes for my life when I was young.
>>
>>27873003
Iktf anon, started taking xanax every time I smoked just so I wouldn't have to quit and wound up with two addictions.
>>
okay guys
help me out
i've finished uni
got a shitty grad job
tfw gf
don't live with parents
not on welfare/autismbux

but i'm out of weed and want to quit as it is draining my funds

am i allowed to smoke? am i justified in smoking?

for all intensive purposes my life is on track
but i really want to smoke but i dont want eat through my savings
what do?
>>
>>27866243
Im not paranoid at all. Dont blame weed for your problems
>>
>>27872323
this is what i do
i blaze daily
and spend lots on weed
god damn it i hate being poor
>>
File: 74938735.jpg (43 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
74938735.jpg
43 KB, 540x540
Is anyone here /actualllyhooked/ ?

I've smoked pretty much everyday for about 3 years and I'm at a point where I cant imagine my life without mary jane. My life revolves around getting stoned. If I don't have weed I cant eat because food tastes like shit, I cant sleep because my mind is running a thousand miles a second, I'm irritated because the stress feels like its consuming me. I had a min wage summer job and pretty much every dollar I made went to buying weed, and weed accessories. At this point its put a strain on every aspect in my life from school to all y personal relationships. When I smoke I dont want to do anything but watch youtube and browse the Chans. 24 hours at home, FLYS BY. When I'm sober its like time moves in slow motion and I feel like I'm missing out on something so I smoke to make the feeling go away. I really want to stop but everytime I do I fiend for it really bad and always end up going back. I feel like im doomed to be an addict to a drug most people dont even think you can get addicted to.
>>
>>27871645
>>27872613
Rn, I'm smoking almost every day, about .4 g/day but I haven't even started searching so I'm gonna scale it down once I start. You're right, it shouldn't take that long at that consumprion, and even an every day smoker like me is fine in 30 days.
>>
>>27866243
I quit in January, haven't smoked since. I started going to the gym, and have lost 25 pounds (i was like 210). It didn't cure my depression but at least now I don't constantly feel like my life is spiraling into hopelessness
>>
File: 1459982763672.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1459982763672.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>smoked for years
>stopped smoking for years
>felt better
>thought maybe I could smoke just occasionally
>felt worse
>back to full non smoking

>mfw my mental problems aren't exacerbated by DUDE WEED LMAO anymore
>>
I do the most retarded shit when I stay unhigh for too long.
I wish I could quit. I can physically, but socially, it just fucks my everything up.
>>
on an unrelated note I just got rid of all my hardcore porn off my hard drives
>>
Just gonna leave this here r/leaves is a good resource for anons trying to quit.

Yeah it's Reddit but it's nice being able to read things like this thread on demand and not just randomly between a bunch of BlACKED shill threads and trap posting
>>
As someone who has smoked for two years almost daily, and is forced to stop for job reasons, I can't understand why people find it so difficult to stop smoking ganja. I got home from work and packed a bowl for the shower, smoked about 1/3 to 1/2 of it. After was about 3 hours with friends where we would pass another 2 bowls around. Shits easy /r9k/
>>
File: 1455630932946.jpg (104 KB, 1038x1476) Image search: [Google]
1455630932946.jpg
104 KB, 1038x1476
Growing up as a kid I used to have pretty severe OCD like guilty thoughts where I just felt bad and shameful all the time.

They kind of went away after a while but after a pretty tramautic breakup with a borderline GF they came back

almost always after I smoke

Like I take a single toke and pretty quickly I start feeling this unexplainable dread and anxiety

often with no specific reason

and then I start remembering all the embarassing stuff I've done or said

and It just gets worse

and I get super anxious and mutter "kill me kill me kill me"

this happens 95% of the time I smoke

the five percent it doesn't happen is always super great

so yeah I can only smoke when I'm pretty drunk now.
>>
>>27876694
why are you smoking alone
>>
>>27873072
Not the guy you are arguing with but i agree with what you are saying. But there is a difference between physical and mental addiction.

Getting addicted to stuff like food, weed, video games, etc. are mental addictions which always causes by the person not the thing they are addicted to.

Physical addictions are shit that heroin, opiates, and cigarettes give you where your body becomes physically dependent on the drug and the person addicted to it has have a shit ton of willpower to get through it.

TL;DR: if you get addicted to weed it's your own fault because the addiction is purely mental.
>>
>>27876723
you're askin that on r9k?

also it happens when I smoke with other people too, just as much, sometimes worse
>>
>>27866243
StealingPepe.exe iniated
>>
Quit using weed earlier this week. I wanted to focus on moving out and getting out of the CC I'm in and go to a university. Also the paranoia of my parents catching on to my smoking was too much.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.