[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a more sure sign that youre talking to a dumb normalfag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17
is there a more sure sign that youre talking to a dumb normalfag than them having a tattoo?
>>
Tattoos are an attempt by normies to be anti-culture and rebellious and "OMG SO EDGY!"

Still some hard cunts in my local are repping tatts. One bloke got a W40K tattoo, and that's pretty robot.
>>
>body most girls would kill for
>draw a bunch stupid shit on it
>>
I personally think tattoos are visually appealing more often than not
>>
I don't think tattoos themselves inherently look bad, but I don't really like large or generic ones. Also quotes are pretty dumb to get. A friend of mine got his family crest on his chest over his heart and I think that's pretty cool.
>>
File: 1456348381346.jpg (13 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1456348381346.jpg
13 KB, 335x335
>>27865395
>>27865455

sorry to say fellas, but both of you are almost certainly retarded and intolerable to talk to
>>
tattoos aren't necessarily normie-core

lots of people who get tattoos aren't your typical normies at all
>>
>>27865455
all tattoos are inherently lame. there are no 'good' ones, just as there are no profound bumper stickers.
>>
>>27865278
>2016
>anti-culture and rebellious
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>27865490
Youre certainly quick to judge.
>>
Do people who get tattoos ever stop to think? Do they want to be the guy at the gym or country club when they're 40, with some sperged out drawing on their body they thought was deep when they where 19?
>>
>>27865208
I'm sure that will look super classy in her wedding dress.
>>
I considered getting a loss tattoo because no one would understand it and then I remembered that tattoos are a waste of money
>>
>>27865490
Yeah I don't think I'm too upset about some guy on /r9k/ not wanting to talk to me.
>>27865507
I disagree that they're all lame, and I don't think too many people get tattoos because they want it to seem "profound". Ideally, it's just something someone thinks looks cool and has some amount of personal meaning. To most people it's really not a big deal at all.
>>
Normies get tattoos because they think it makes them more special and unique when they're actually trend followers of the worst kind, It used to be only the fringes and scum of society got them now everyone has a tattoo.

I guess that makes me a contrarian to hate tattoos.
>>
>>27865571
>I disagree that they're all lame, and I don't think too many people get tattoos because they want it to seem "profound". Ideally, it's just something someone thinks looks cool and has some amount of personal meaning. To most people it's really not a big deal at all.
LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

That's the 'personal meaning'.
>>
>>27865593
Maybe they just think theyre visually appealing
>>
>>27865541
>Do they want to be the guy at the gym or country club when they're 40, with some sperged out drawing on their body they thought was deep when they where 19?

Yup. No one thinks what cool when they are 18 is cool when they're 30.

I'm an oldfag, and almost everyone I know who has a tattoo regrets it. Especially women.
>>
>>27865208
>wageslaving at cashier today
>gorgeous girl comes up to till
>start thinking how cute she is, then she lifts up her arm to put her card in the machine
>THE most basic bitch tattoo ever all down her forearm
>fucking birds like op pic flying down her arm
>literally lose all attraction instantly

Tattoos belong on sailors, criminals and soldiers
>>
>>27865615
They'd be wrong. It's like putting a bumper sticker on an S-Class. Low class.
>>
>>27865541
No regrets mang
>>
>>27865634
>Tattoos belong on sailors, criminals and soldiers
and carnies.
>>
>>27865656
God. how big of a cuck are you? It would be like tattooing the name of the company you work for on you. Smh.
>>
>>27865667
>carnies not being criminals
highkek
>>
File: bruh.jpg (5 KB, 230x200) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
5 KB, 230x200
>>27865656
Holy hell that is retarded
>>
File: 1460086604760.png (802 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
1460086604760.png
802 KB, 800x764
>>27865571

>tattoos are notoriously painful to get
>have to take time for someone to draw a bunch of shit on you
>costs money that you had to spend time of your life working to earn
>have some stupid shit that you tell everybody has personal meaning to you drawn on your body
>cant control his overwhelming urge to indulge in superficial popular culture for validation from normalfags
>probably has a man bun and a beard that he shows to people via selfies posted on instagram
>defends his decision to spend time and money to brand himself with pictures that he claims have sentimental value to you on an anonymous singaporean financial bulletin board
>>
>>27865686
I've seen way worse. Buddy of mine got made in USA tatted on his ass like a cargo stamp. Thinking about the same.
>>
File: 1443551978914.png (251 KB, 822x548) Image search: [Google]
1443551978914.png
251 KB, 822x548
>>27865723

god bless america
original
>>
>>27865648
Now thats your own personal opinion
>>
>>27865656
FUCKING BOOT.
>>
>>27865825
Is it? The higher up you go in terms of socioeconomic class, the fewer tattoos you are going to see.
>>
File: 1456348488495.jpg (29 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
1456348488495.jpg
29 KB, 615x410
>>27865825

>tattoos are shit for [reasons]
>that's just your opinion

everytime. stay retarded tattoofags
>>
>>27865935
Some people consider them visually appealing some people do not.
>>
>>27865959
If he gave an actual reason thats not his opinion id maybe consider it. His socioeconomic point is much better than what you could ever come up with.
>>
File: hana-haruna-90317.jpg (162 KB, 1006x1500) Image search: [Google]
hana-haruna-90317.jpg
162 KB, 1006x1500
>>27865208
Tattoos are gaytarded.

Now self injury scars. That's where the hotness it's at.
>>
Tattoos are retarded.
>>27865983
Agree with this guy. Scars can show toughness, tattoos show faggotry.
>>
>>27865963
No shit. The point is poorer less-educated people tend to find them 'visually appealing'. That's not an opinion.
>>
>>27866019
I can agree but there are still exceptions to this rule no?
>>
>>27865975
How about what we find visually appealing and/or 'meaningful' evolves over time, and tattoos inherently can not? Good enough reason for you?

Go find a pic of you in 8th grade. Want to wear whatever you're wearing in it tomorrow?
>>
>>27866070
I actually agree with you there. Though id wear what i wore in 8th grade again. Good point. Thats why usually smart people think long and hard before getting a tattoo, its not exactly something you do spontaneously.
>>
>>27865278
W40k?
isnt that the lubricant spray that you get at the hardware store?
>>
>>27865656
that's equivalent to putting a Monster logo on your forehead
>>
>>27866118
>Thats why usually smart people think long and hard before getting a tattoo, its not exactly something you do spontaneously.
you still don't get it. you're almost certainly not going to think what's cool/meaningful when your 30, what you thought that was when you where 18, not matter how long and hard you thought about it. The change is inevitable.
>>
File: yeez.png (299 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
yeez.png
299 KB, 480x480
>It's a "4chan tries to be socially conservative because they think it's cool and counter-cultural" episode

Tattoos are cool when the art is done well. And we should remind ourselves that they are an archaic practice, not some new Tumblrite invention. Ancient Europeans (Germans/Celts/Slavs, not Romans/Greeks) used to be covered in tattoos.
>>
File: 1452655533949.png (518 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
1452655533949.png
518 KB, 605x605
>>27865731
At least it's not your ass where no one can see it and it's funny. This is fully intentional, cringe, and redundant
>>
tattoos are like time capsules.
i like them a lot, i have a couple of them, probably will get new ones to.
Every time i got one, it was at a special milestone in my life.
If you would look at them they wouldnt mean shit to you, but they mean a lot to me, and i like having them. People who get offended by them, or think that im retarded bc i get them, just need to get a life.
>>
>>27866196
And the socially conservative forces that you hate so much absolutely rekt those inferior barbarian tattoofags.
>>
Oldfag her. 40. Question for the younger demographic. Are tattooing fading in popularity? Believe it or not, when I was growing up, it was somewhat rare. People would have at most a small one on their ankle or bikini line. It seemed to have peaked like maybe 5 years ago? almost every person i saw in their 20s was covered in them. but now it seems, less and less. I can't tell if tattoos are becoming less popular, or if it's because my neighborhood has become much more expensive.
>>
File: 2015.jpg (1 KB, 71x75) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
1 KB, 71x75
>>27865656
oh jesus...
>>
>>27866172
if you get the tattoo to look cool, then yeah, probably gonna regret it at some point bc of change in taste.
if you get it for the right reason,you will be alright
>>
>>27866241
tattoos are less popular now, yes. they peaked about 5 years ago.
>>
>>27866196
Kek. Please. As recently as 30 years ago the only people who had tattoos where convicts and sailors. Go look at pics of rock bands and pro athletes from as recently as the 1980s.You're not going to see a lot of tattoos. This is a very recent fashion trend.
>>
>>27866241
It's probably because of where you live. I live in a nice suburb, we all have the "Your body is a temple" mindset I guess. When I go to school in the city almost everyone has tattoos.
>>
>>27865634
This. I hate seeing a beautiful girl, and then see a tat on her. Immediately lose all interest.
>>
>>27865656
return to sender prisoner of war type deal here? whats the point?
>>
>>27865208
if i ever get a tattoo, i would want it to be an exquisite, extremely well done piece of art
or something very small, yet still high quality
i would pay $500+ for it. i would even shell out $1000+ if i had one i really wanted.

i hate seeing people that get tattoos that look like shit
>>
>>27866196
>And we should remind ourselves

holy fuck, you are such a cunt hahaha

riding that reddit rail, huh? do you post on /mu/ and /fa/? do you post le dank memes on twitter? what did you tattoo on your body? some hipster bullshit?
>>
>>27866261
Ehhhhhhh im not too sure about that. I guess ill know when i turn 30
>>
>>27866311
nope, just a manlet cuck with 0 sense of identity outside of his job
>>
>>27866135
No, that's WD40. He's talking about Warhammer 40k. It's a /tg/ type game
>>
File: IMG_5388.jpg (204 KB, 700x938) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5388.jpg
204 KB, 700x938
Some tattoos are beautiful, but others are total crap. It's all about the artist and design. Pic related. my favorite tattoo artist, Yomico Moreno
>>
File: scottish-pics9.jpg (37 KB, 560x266) Image search: [Google]
scottish-pics9.jpg
37 KB, 560x266
>>27866278
>As recently as 30 years ago the only people who had tattoos where convicts and sailors

Are you this disconnected from reality? Many of my friends' dads from that generation have tattoos, and a lot of them are lower-middle class/middle class.

Tattoos were only a "convict/sailor" practice in the early 20th century really, and perhaps during the middle ages in Europe also. But, even then, there have been known monarchs of high stature (King Frederick IX of Denmark, Tsar Nicholas II of Russia) with tattoos.

The only people who really think tattoos are this "dodgy practice" are either extremely sheltered American Christians, or Muslims from the Middle East perhaps where the whole thing is still taboo and outlawed by religious scripture. Mainstream society in the west, as well as a LOT of the East/Asia/Africa has either warmed to tattoos, or they were already an ingrained part of culture.

Still don't know why 4chan thinks it's cool to adopt this uber-conservative outlook. An element of it must be sour grapes syndrome. Robots think "I can't get sex, therefore I must view it as decadent and immoral" and consequentially adopt other moralfag viewpoints as well.
>>
File: Yakuza-Tattoo-Designs.jpg (120 KB, 800x990) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-Tattoo-Designs.jpg
120 KB, 800x990
Tattoos can be okay, sometimes, very rarely. I think most people decide to get a tattoo THEN decide what they want it to be so it ends up being whatever stupid shit they can think of in the next half hour. Or they come up with a stupid idea they think is so cool and tasteful and great but it's just completely not. It's hard to even think of something that I would consider halfway decent, I can't imagine some popculture normalfag doing any better.

Yakuza or biker style tattoos can be interesting if you find a real artist to draw them for you. Disregarding the bullshit about them being meaningful and just appreciating it as well drawn body art I think may be one of the only worthwhile excuses to get a tattoo.
>>
>>27866341
>my friend gets retard tattoo when he was 19
>full sleeve
>now 30
>owns own business
>clients etc.
>spends 15k on laser removal
>arm left full of scar tissue
>looks so bad he has to get another tattoo to cover it up
>wears long sleeves even when it's100 degrees out

Kids, tattoos are for retards. Make no mistake.
>>
>>27866425
Tattooing was ILLEGAL where I live (NYC) as recently as 30 years ago.

I'm old. i don't need you to tell me. i saw the rise of tattoos with my own eyes.

The rest of your post is equally dishonest. You sound like a tobacco lobbyist tbqh.
>>
File: tatz.jpg (62 KB, 550x363) Image search: [Google]
tatz.jpg
62 KB, 550x363
>>27865208
I like abstract tribal full body tattoos. apart from that it looks stupid most of the time imho. just random picture placed somewhere on your body.
>>
>>27866555
>Tattooing was ILLEGAL where I live (NYC) as recently as 30 years ago.

I was aware of that. But in most places of the world that aren't batshit, the government was not still outlawing the practice of choosing to put ink in one's own body as recently as the 1970s/80s.

My point is, tattoos among the older generation are not nearly as rare as you think. But I don't live in NYC or even the US, so perhaps shit is different there. In less conservative societies throughout Europe, tattooing has long been acceptable to some degree.

Likelihood is it will not die down either. Now that the cultural barrier is broken, tattoos will experience highs and lows of popularity, but not completely wane. But the fact of the matter is that you now have generations of kids growing up with heavily tattooed parents, and seeing heavily tattooed musicians/actors.

4chan can be bughurt as much as it likes. IMO the reactions of people in this thread to people having tattoos is a big reason why no one here has friends/is getting laid. No one wants to be called a "retard" for partaking in a perfectly acceptable modern practice.
>>
>>27866501
le extreme example used to generalize meme
>>
>got lots of tattoos when I was a teenager
>immediately regret them by 20
>too much to laser off
>end up blacking them out
>arm looks like pic related without the white space
>sucks but better than looking at dumb colourful shit

Don't get tattoos, bros.
>>
>>27867440
LMFAO please dont be serious
>literally getting blacked
>>
Is having an animu tattoo a normalfag thing too?
I mean beyond the autism level is projects to the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 422x750
I think tattoos can be beautiful when they aren't meme-ish and trendy

People shouldn't get something permanently placed on their skin to impress others, it should be for you otherwise itd just seem stupid

But then again, I like seeing pretty things. I can appreciate beautiful tattoos, but some people aren't in the right mindset when they decide get them
>>
Tattoos are an ancient practice that have been practiced by indigenous people from all over the world. For reasons like showing what tribe you belong to, for religious purposes, as a symbol of adulthood and of course self-expression.

So why shit on an ancient practice just because it was made illegal for a while in 'murrica. And because some morons can't come up with a better tattoo than a fucking tribal or Carpe Diem tattoo.
>>
>>27865656
This isn't a cringe thread

Original comment above
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.