[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people find their passion? I turned 21 today and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 885x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 885x642
How do people find their passion? I turned 21 today and I don't have a single clue as to what I want to do with my life.
>>
I don't know

t. person turning 21 in 2 months
>>
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>>27860158

Turning 22 in a few weeks and I have no idea. Everything I look into seems to hard to accomplish so I just sit here.
>>
>>27860158
>>27860539
Finding your passion is just a meme. Most people will never figure out a career that they "love," and most of the people who do end up growing to hate it anyway. Just pick something that makes money and make time for hobbies.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>27860550

But I'm also unemployable so what do I do?
>>
>>27860586
If you don't have a GED, get that. Then go to trade school or community college and transfer to a public university.
>>
>>27860599

I am not American so a GED doesn't apply to me.
>>
>>27860616
i'm not your life coach fagit, i only give general advice

figure it out
>>
File: 1454894628282.jpg (97 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1454894628282.jpg
97 KB, 792x558
>try a new hobby
>start getting into it a little
>imagine making a career out of that hobby
>slowly drift away from that hobby
>completely forget about it

Every time
>>
>>27860158
I turned 211 yesterday. I imagine it's something normans brand into themselves. They can just say "fuck it, this is kinda cool I'm gonna love doing it", I on the other hand can't.
>>
>>27860630
Fug, if I turned 211, I'd beg for death. I meant 21, obviously.
>>
>>27860622

I don't want to do anything but be a welfare sponge anon.
>>
File: Nepal.jpg (147 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Nepal.jpg
147 KB, 1200x900
>tfw my only hobby is making collections of pictures such as finding a green-eyed person for every country or putting pictures of people from each ethnic group for each country

It's the only thing I have fun doing
>>
>>27860641
Well it sounds like this thread isn't for you then, Einstein.
>>
File: 1457987456947.jpg (33 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
1457987456947.jpg
33 KB, 664x441
>>27860158
Read "So Good They Can't Ignore You" by Cal Newport

The tl;dr is basically to do away with this "passion" thinking and instead strive to accumulate what he calls "career capital" or what the internet calls "git gud". Once you become really good in whatever field you chose you will have more options to pick from. Newport argues that happiness and quality of life will increase as you become better at what you do and unlock much better career options.

Regardless of what field you pick unless you git gud you will always be stuck with the shitty jobs.
>>
File: 1371.jpg (602 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1371.jpg
602 KB, 1000x667
>>27860629
No please I didn't want to be reminded of this
>>
You literally just keep doing different stuff until you find something you like. Sometimes things you hate lead to things you love, or you grow to love stuff.
>>
>>27860660
Amazon Mechanical Turk sounds perfect for you. Jobs like that are everywhere.
>>
>>27860158
Well for me it was a long process of deepening self understanding, Ideveloping confidence, and having the courage to make changes.

I think you need to have real knowledge of the self to start to actually see where and when you felt authentic or good about life, and those give you clues as to what that passion might be.

You have to develop, but this is easier said than done and most people think hey know who they are but have so conformed and repressed the real self that it can be a long and grueling process.

Read On Becoming a Person by Carl Rogers. The book is basically about how to be able to answer that question robot.
>>
28 here.

At my age, it is too late.

Your brain gets hazy and cold and indifferent, as if nothing clings to it or as if it touches nothing. You feel noise and at best an inkling that you should be interested by this thing you're reading about or seeing. Even your body feels half numb and half feverish. You want to blame your lack of focus on circumstances, but you know the truth that it is physical degeneration. You know that you'll from now on only have the ersatz realization that you're going down the drain. Thinking gets harder. You remember even less than ever. You notice how your communication gets cliched and formulaic, with less and less spontaneous reaction, how you come to speak in fixed phrases. Even your movements slow down.

tl;dr kill yourself now, spare yourself the embarrassment of witnessing the future.
>>
>>27862494
28 here, you're full of shit and a cancer to this board.

28 is hardly too late for anything. I'm in my prime physically and mentally and am now reaping the rewards of pursuing wisdom and virtue, and foresee many more decades of this pursuit as it is a lifelong pursuit.

Don't listen to this anon robots, he is what happens when you listen to defeated people like him.
>>
>>27862549
Nobody is going to leap out of the pool of physical degeneration. It awaits everyone. I just ask people to spare our existential superiors the ugly sight of our halfhearted, reluctant struggles. No one wants to see us continue to fail in life, no one really wants to keep giving advice to us they know we're not able to make use of.
>>
>>27862549
Also, my failure has been determined at birth. I have been failing long before I first realized it.
>>
>>27862729
And what exactly is your failure?
>>
>>27862855
Robots have all heard your 'just in your head's and the rest of your psycho-'therapeutic' sophistry of allusively trying to represent my failures as a mere narrow, isolated, arbitrary, blah blah blah perception of mine that I should and could... and that should not define... blah.

It is shameful. No person should engage in something lie this. Have some self-respect, you 'virtuous' clown.
>>
just dont spend the past 10 years of your life trapped with your parents just placating their whims and doing menial tasks and doing what youre told

biggest mistake ive made and wholly regret and wish i made the move to get the fuck out as soon as possible and gone on my whims and desires instead

life is too short to deal with all the bullshit
>>
>>27862937
Nice try squirt but your b8 is weak.
>>
>>27862937
>>27862855
To answer your question, though? Being nearly completely governed by emotions. Reprehensible undereducation. Inexcusably poor memory, incl. live events. Inability to stand up to evil. Lack of ability to think under pressure. Being sway-able. And more more more.

'You can change it!'

Bullshit. I know the biological substrate of that and I know that mere awareness of those flaws shall not be enough. I am a failure that is prettier dead.
>>
>>27860158
The desire to become wealthy is what I use.

net worth of 350K at 24. Increasing the number makes me happy. Net worth is important.
>>
>>27862998
You've essentially listed various moral failings, bad education, and potentially a bad memory.

Bad education can be undone with serious diligence, we are all victims of American miseducation.

Moral failings are hard but can also be changed. Once a man was a coward, and later he is a man of courage. Changes like this happen in life, and the more you actually pursue it, the more likely it is.

Your pseudo science of "substrates " of this is probably a misunderstanding of genetics, we can discuss this further if you want, but the current bleeding edge of genetics has no specific identifiable genetic marker for any virtues, the bet we currently have is to make certain broad conceptions about the probability of certain characteristics which are malleable and impacted by environment, but nothing as specific as the gene for courage.

Also, your attitude in itself is a self fluffing prophecy, of course you will fail if you don't believe in your potential and lack of self efficacy.
>>
>>27860158
You spend all your free time on your computer right? learn to code or at least be able to fix a desktop from viruses and ad/spyware

Then make people pay for you to fix their shit, maybe even open up a store if you have the money for it, it's a perfect neet job
>>
>>27863074
>no specific identifiable genetic marker for any virtues
>>27863074
>malleable and impacted by environment

Please leave /r9k/ anon, robots don't deserve to read shit like this.

This kind of pathetic equivocation without saying anything, 'looklooklook guise look it's not CERTAIN that you're fucked by your genes'... They don't deserve this.

You might have been for a couple of months on /r9k/ already before you started namefagging, but it is not enough. Kindly leave.

>self fluffing prophecy

Jesus.
>>
>>27862985
how old are you now friendo?
>>
>>27863116
>learn to code

Not everyone can do this.

I've been writing code for fucking fifteen years and I'm still ass-atrocious at it.

'Write more!'

Fuck you, you know nothing about how much I've done it.

'Write more intelligently! Read good books!'

Oh right I totally haven't run my head into the brick wall of incomprehension of textbooks before.
>>
>>27860550
You know those hobbies?
Yeah, those are passions, you idiot
>>
>>27863185
>'Write more!'
>Fuck you, you know nothing about how much I've done it.
>'Write more intelligently! Read good books!'
>Oh right I totally haven't run my head into the brick wall of incomprehension of textbooks before.

Are you really putting words in my mouth and then arguing against them you fucking faggot
>>
>>27863197
Newfags are still under the impression that discussion on imageboards is about accurately representing who said what rather than making use of opportunity to present points with no respect to identities?

Never change.
>>
>>27863222
>Newfags are still under the impression that discussion on imageboards is about accurately representing who said what rather than making use of opportunity to present points with no respect to identities?
>Never change.

Literally kill yourself, it's clear this is your first time here
>>
>>27863237
You would be surprised how many apparently long(er)-term posters don't understand this simple principle. They'll say shit like 'I didn't say that!'.
>>
>>27863174
too fucking old
>>
File: 1459459450256.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459459450256.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>27863258
>You would be surprised how many apparently long(er)-term posters don't understand this simple principle. They'll say shit like 'I didn't say that!'.

Whatever you say, queer
>i'm shit so everyone else is shit

You got me
>>
>>27863119
Nice try squirt, but your b8 is weak.

Present an actual argument.
>>
>>27863303
It is I who am willing to adopt a framework for arguments, not you.

You're going to appeal to free will, 'yes environment and genes play a role, but you can change it ("pursue" this or that)'.

You are evading argumentation. Robots don't deserve this. Please sage your potential reply.
>>
>>27863354
>>27863303
As for the self-fulfilling prophecy cliche, the reply of course is, had I even gave no critical thought at all to my potential in the past, I would have failed just as flat in life. Motivation, confidence, all that crap, it has never changed anything of significance. They just make the difference between a happy failure and a sad failure, one who realizes or doesn't their inability. Morality, ability, creativity, the REAL ability to help people... to stand up... to think of solutions to REAL, hard problems, how to build this, how to stop that, remains dependent on IQ.
>>
>>27863400
In other words, 'confidence' only changes what you DECLARE yourself to be. Not who you are at all.
>>
>>27863354
Not evasion, what I said was common knowledge amongst scientists and psychologists. Both facts play a role , but nothing is determined to be a be all end all. Brain plasticity enables change. The very nature of consciousness enables change. Culture and genes can certainly limit us, but humans are literally defined by their ability to transcend limits.

>>27863400

Motivation and confidence actually plays a big role. For example avtually trying might mean victory, but not trying at all garuantees failure.

As for confidence, it literally impacts how other peoppe respond to you, thus fundamentally changing the nature of your social interactions. People are more likely to help someone and listen to someone who is more confident. In effect by giving up, you close that entire realm of possiblity, but attempting to be confident changes your social relations to your and others benefit.

You're just looking at this from a very narrow perspective, slow down friend, think things through.

IQ is a primitive test that tells us very little about a person, except who is good on IQ tests, and who is likely to do well in school.
>>
>>27860158
25 and still passionless
I envy those with dreams more then those with gfs
At least dreamers have something to work towards
>>
>>27862549
>I'm in my prime physically and mentally
>>
File: 1458715453021.jpg (24 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
1458715453021.jpg
24 KB, 432x432
>>27863116
>>27863185
>>27863197
>>27863222
>>27863237

I love this. That anon just told OP that he should try coding and you started fighting about how to properly post on imageboards.

Now if only you had been so passionate about coding...
>>
>>27862985
>just dont spend the past 10 years of your life trapped with your parents just placating their whims and doing menial tasks and doing what youre told

This right here
Bail anon. Leave your fucking prison before prison becomes a permanent stasis.

This was my biggest fucking regret in life. I should have just left and be homeless at 20. Better then the emotionally stunted person I am today.
I am not meant for this life and just want it to end already.
>>
>>27863522
>what I said was common knowledge amongst scientists and psychologists

No, it is a common misconception among them.

Your error is, you think that between the findings (obviously infinitely many, so there is obviously always some definitional remainder, some definitional rest of life circumstances and outcomes that has not yet been correlated to each other) of determination of behaviour by environment and genes, nurture and nature (science having found out that, for instance, so-and-so defined, so-and-so wide slice of one's future is decided by IQ), is located agency, fashioning yourself out of nothing, 'oh look, those sad findings notwithstanding, you still have some power, some space, some room to craft yourself to your liking :) '.

Bullshit. 'Your success/future/you depends on you' is a tautology that cannot be falsified and is as such religion. 'You succeed if you ensure your success.' Who'd've guessd. Sure I 'can' travel to Mexico from Europe in which I am 'if I choose to do so'. But such an irrational decision will not prove my (or anyone else's) agency, it will just prove that I'll have been exposed to a freaky mixture of circumstances (such as a moment of emotional instability and vulnerability combined with someone's appealing rhetoric) that led me to such a decision. And it is non-transferable to other anons -- they are not magically rendered capable of such stunts by the fact that my brain has been mysteriously tickled enough by hearing about this prospect to actually manage to do it.

No one 'can transcend one's limits'. You are just blinding yourself to empirical discussion of human beings and description of their actual patterns of behaviour by abusing the boundary of the term 'can' (semi-)infinitely. You refuse to describe the paths people actually (can be expected to) tread.

'Fundamentally' is a shitty hyperbole.

IQ is the single most important life factor.

tl;dr your fallacies don't justify your presence on /r9k/.
>>
26 years old now. A year ago. things were looking up and I actually had hope for the future. I had gotten a CDL and I got hired at a decent trucking company. I would have been making around 40k annually, maybe more depending on how much off time I used. I was a few days into my actual training with a driver instructor and he was starting to get pissed and yell at me all day because I couldn't remember where we were getting off because I have a bad memory, and wouldn't let me use the gps for some reason. After a week, I just left and have been NEET since. I can't even bring myself to apply for fast food or retail positions because it feels like such a downgrade from what I had. I wish I would've just pushed through training. It was only three more weeks.
>>
Happy person has some solid life advice tbqh, thanku
>>
>>27860158
What makes you happy? What do you like to do? Then do that. It's not hard man.
>>
>>27863781
>>27863522
In short, you're not even wrong. You're just saying 'yes, science has found that behavuour is influenced by natural/nurtural factors' and then not once looking back to describe those, instead elaborating meaninglessly on how behaviour 'can' be willed into existence autonomously and saped 'if the person chooses to behave this or that way, build themselves this or that way'. You're acknowledging science only to look away from it with some pretence of credibility. The delusion of free will might just be science's original sin.
>>
>>27863832
It is thoroughly irrational trash.
>>
>>27863651
As I age, my interests degenerate. Sure 'coding' (I'm not fond of this... reeks of 'gaming'. I would prefer 'writing code' just like 'playing games') is more respectable, but it takes firmness of mental structures (data, logic) I'm no more as capable of.
>>
>>27863855
>What makes you happy? What do you like to do?
>>
>>27863781
Do you have a rebuttal to what I actually said? The arguments I made?

Also research even shows that when people simply believe in free will, they end up ahceiving more. Our attitude can and does change, and it can be beneficial.

You seem very intent on your defeatism. That's fine, but call it what it is.
>>
>>27863966
I agree about "coding" and "gaming"

They started calling it "gaming" when the normies came and turned it into a label

But OP is still young and could try a programming language or some standard IT stuff. Those jobs are comfy and pay enough to live.
>>
>>27860550
>most people
most people struggle to get food and a safe place to live. they don't have time to look for the career they would love.

somebody who is just lazy about it is not like "most people," he's just a lazy faggot. to say you don't like anything enough to make a living on it is to say you just don't give a shit. which is fine, but thinking passion is a meme is like saying any emotion is just a meme. and there are plenty of sad fucks here who would disagree.
>>
File: mfw 200.0% MEH.jpg (50 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
mfw 200.0% MEH.jpg
50 KB, 600x877
>>27860158
20 year old white guy here.

Every friend and co worker thinks the same as me and most of /r9k/. Nearly all the men I know haven given up or dont have a clue about what they want in life.

For me, it seems like its all a losing move. The world is doomed and things like love are seemingly impossible. Maybe im a failure or maybe society has raised a defective generation of men.

Either way, its not your fault and you arent alone either. I havent given up yet, like my friends and co workers have, but I no longer attempt anything anymore. Im content just to ride it out for now. Maybe one day things will make sense or ill find a purpose.

I dont know. Just enjoy the small things and find happiness from self knowledge and understanding the world. You cant and shouldnt make your happiness dependent on anything but yourself.

You will be okay buddy. Life isnt bad. Its just nothing.
>>
>>27863832
Long life and peace to you friend.
>>
>>27860158
Happy birthday.
Drink the pain away
>>
>>27860158

Passion is about commitment. People who dont know what to do with their life are often afraid to commit because they are not sure if their choice is the right one. Instead of facing the anxiety of having to make a choice they wait for some emotional high that would make the choice for them and then carry them through life, that will never happen. You must first choose and only through time you will know if you like it enough to endure all the pain and anxiety that comes with it.
>>
>>27864152
You made no arguments, just a couple of broad references to the fact that 'the brain changes', left intentionally ambiguous so for every naive person to be able to locate his own individual 'wow, maybe this means that I can become the person I want to be after all!...' in it. Rather than, for instance, citing a hard study relating in a hard fashion ability to succeed at any field with IQ/g.

Science has been -- and hopefully, though not at all certainly will continue to -- chip agency away from human beings' perception of themselves. As behaviour is related more and more comprehensively to its natural and nurtural causes, leaving the thought-terminating misconception that 'one's future depends on one's choices' where it belongs -- among other religious delusions.

I am not defeatist. I have simply identified the only intellectually fertile manner of discussion of myself and others. When someone asks me, 'am I going to become a programmer or a writer?', or 'what does my becoming one depend on?', I want to have something intellectually firmer to say than 'it depends on YOURSELF hurr'. I want something falsifiable, discussion of which -- genes, environment, upbringing, circumstances, the society -- lends itself to real solutions, to real help. When I reject free will and identify a, say, a genetic cause of low IQ and low achievement, I can set out to change it on a real, material, biological level. Insofar as I satisfy myself with 'achievement depends on YOURSELF', I refuse to learn causes of suffering, thus keeping myself from solving them. Embrace of free will is a coward's thing to do.
>>
>>27864260
In other words, a universe in which free will is assumed to exist is a universe in which there is no pressure to physically, in a manner more tangible and more rooted in biology and society than a couple of appeals of 'you can do it!', contribute to other people's happiness and success. Responsible people reject it.
>>
>>27864260
So this is how someone who has swallowed the scientism pill.

Give up if you want, but people develop into their potential through perseverance. They fail but keep going, and sometimes succeed.

People with your outlook are non starters.
>>
>>27864260
>science has been chip agency
explaining how something works doesn't change how it works. and it's ironic that you are talking about what you find ambiguous when all your tryhard language can be summarized by "i don't believe in myself and i disagree with the common definition of free will because i'm an asshole"
>>
>>27860158
it is a meme. there are 7 billions of other biorobots and it's not like you are something special
>>
>>27864408
>rejecting something
>Not having free will

Mate, we don't know if there is or is not free will. But we do know that various factors impact our lives, and it seems that we have an impact on our behavior, ad it follows that certain beliefs and attitudes cause certain behaviors, and that certain behaviors can enable us to ahcieve and change ourselves.
>>
>>27864575
>happy person
>r9k
Errr, obvious baiter?
>>
>>27864510
>scientism pill

I see.

>Give up if you want

My giving or not giving up is not determined by my 'decision', but by my nature and nurture. But if *your* nature and nurture has determined you to prefer to look at human behaviour in a simplistic manner of 'he just wanted to do it', who am I to object?

>through perseverance

This is like saying 'people develop through self-development'.

>People with your outlook are non starters.

A lot of immensely successful and driven people reject free will like I do. Utter non sequitur.

>>27864544
>[you] don't believe in [your]self

'Myself' is not a statement about physical reality, and as such not possible to believe in. Give me a falsifiable statement, such as 'my brain contains...'.

>>27864575
>we don't know if there is or is not free will

That's not how it works. Free will's (non-)existence is not some property of the universe; the real phenomenon here is *individual people's* willingness to relate their behaviour to past factors as opposed to attributing it to itself. 'Free will' is a misnomer; 'self-attribution', a personality dimension, would be more accurate. Such self-attribution is fairly harmful to the society.

>we have an impact on our behavior

This makes no sense. It's like 'numbers have an impact on our behaviour' or 'logic has an impact on our behaviour'. Behaviour can only be related to physical past. 'Behaviour depends on having been hit' -- valid. 'It depends on having seen a street sign' -- valid. 'It depends on the Earth having such and such orbit' -- valid. 'Behaviour depends on us' -- nonsense. There is no way 'I' translates to an empirical statement. You're talking gibberish. But it is conveniently fitting into people's delusions that 'their future depends on themselves'. You're making people feel better and *marginally* more effective by sacrificing a whole realm of accuracy of their thought. I wouldn't want to motivate people by insisting that 'God' or the afterlife exists.
>>
>>27864829
So according to you, we have no control over our thoughts?
>>
>>27865072
The reaction exemplified by relating appearance of one's thoughts to one's brain and past and environment and genes is scientific and helps the society by contributing to the sum of empirical knowledge.

The reaction exemplified by being satisfied by attributing it to 'I had those thoughts because I willed them into existence' comes with fostering resentment, blame, and detrimental lack of curiosity.
>>
>>27865121
>>27865072
In short, embrace of free will is like eating cheap fast food. Unchallenging, comforting, makes you feel better in a short term, but pretty irresponsible at the longer term.
>>
>>27865121
>resentment, blame, and detrimental lack of curiosity

(Not to mention that it is pretty fucking arrogant to think that I am the maker of my own success.)
>>
>>27865160
Disnt answer the question.

Try again.
>>
>>27860158
Do web development. I thought that is boring but actually is really fun. I've been learning new things everyday for 6 months now and everyday there's a new problem to solve.
That is, if you can solve problems for fun.
>>
>>27865220
I did, but I can give you a synonymous answer.

No, we have no control over our thoughts.

Bonus fact: your reading of defeatism into that position of mine betrays your overly emotional, associative nature.
>>
21 here

you don't
>>
>>27864829
>statement about physical reality
learn to use english instead of copying word salads out of context. if you don't believe in yourself, then don't. it doesn't make your mistakes any less excusable.
>>
>>27865262
>overly emotional
>talking to a master of emotions

But anyways, prove it. Prove we have no control. My proof that we do is that I think, and I actively guide my thoughts, decide to pull up certain memories, mitigate or expand on my ability to feel certain emotions and feelings. I'm not fully in control, but it's obvious to me that I have a degree of control.

Maybe you have extreme autism?
>>
I don't know about you guys, but my life's work consists of creating those random download websites that show up no matter what you search and don't even have the relevant file.

Been setting those up for 3 years now.
>>
>>27865344
Jesus Christ man, stahp.

Dont do that. Do something good you madman!
>>
>>27865344
beautiful keep it up
>>
>>27865299
I make no mistakes.

>>27865319
>[...] prove it. Prove we have no control.

You really don't get it. Ever surprisingly few people do.

PROOF is something that can only occur within a FRAMEWORK that encompasses that concept.

We can only BEGIN to prove things when you reject free will -- INSOFAR AS you do it. It is your very insistence that 'you', as opposed to the infinitely diverse interaction of your brain and environment, are (fully, partly) responsible for your behaviour, that precludes proof, in the sense of verification of a causal relationship, e.g. that your memories occur in certain situations. Discussion is enabled insofar as people refrain from dumbly attributing things to 'I/you/he/she just...'. Only this opens the causal doors so to say.

It is you who disallows proof.
>>
>>27865406
Thanks anon.

>>27865364
Do you have any idea how much ad revenue I make?
>>
>>27865413
>>27865319
Of course, I know what's happening now. You see your mistake, you see I'm right, but pride is making you deny my point and try to tacitly transform this discussion into an argument in which you're being silly and irrational intentionally, playfully ('ah-haha I'm not being serious, we're just teasing each other, hence my calling him autistic'), perhaps with the hope that in another thread like this, in which I'm not present, you'll be able to peddle your fallacies undisturbed, and in earnest once more.
>>
>>27865413
Gotcha, so you dogmatically adhere to this faith based system. And once you accept that system, that's all the proof ou need.

That's a strawman of my position though. I don't think only I decides. I think genes, environment all decide to a certain degree, and even other people, but it would be stupid to think I don't, when all signs, feelif, and reason point to my ability to have a say.

You just need to accept my parameters and have faith dude :) YOU can choose to do this.
>>
File: 1436641958955.jpg (7 KB, 227x250) Image search: [Google]
1436641958955.jpg
7 KB, 227x250
>>27865344

Thanks for ruining the internet you fucking kike
>>
>>27865464
Nope, your ideas are weak and founded in faith.

Try again squirt.
>>
>>27865438
how do you do it? do you just buy random domains with a bunch of random information and pay google to make you stand out?
>>
>>27865438
Yes you get paid to be evil, I get it. It's still immoral and shitty of you.

You are one of the bad guys anon.
>>
>>27865522
I can't go into too deep of details because trade secrets, but I basically have one central server that is professionally hosted out there on a server farm that hosts all of the content, then I have a bunch of random computers that serve up different, procedural generated web clients and pull content off of the central server.

I spam the pages with pay-per-view ads instead of pay-per-click. They pay less, but are more reliable.

With the money I make, I build a new gaming desktop any time my frames drop below 120. Then I use the old machines to host more clients.

Since my apartment has utilities included, I don't pay for any extra bandwidth usage or power draw.

>>27865535
I prefer the term 'capitalist.'
>>
>>27865506
>faith
>>27865516
>faith

Like I said, you're trying to present this discussion as an irrelevant argument at this point.

>>27865506
And you don't even believe in what you're saying.

>to a certain degree

This is why I'm saying that belief in free will is usually a spectrum reflecting people's willingness to respect the principle of attributing behaviour to past events and not to the dumb excuse of 'he just wanted to'.
>>
>>27865722
You're a piece of shit, plane and simple.

A true parasite that only takes and harms
Fuck yourself, I mean it, people like you are why the world sucks.

I hope one day you realize what a waste this kind of life is.
>>
>>27865763
At least I don't serve malware or break any laws. Instead of clicking on a random download site that will infect their computer, people have a chance of clicking mine instead and getting some derpy harmless thing.
>>
>DUDE JUST TRY THINGS AND SEE WHAT YOU LIKE!

oh, I didn't think of that!!!!

fuckin idiots
>>
>>27865939
It's a nice thought but only if your economic status allows it. If you mess up 2-3 times and suddenly find yourself at 27 with no coherent resume it won't help you. That's why young people are scared, there's no leeway for experimenting and "finding yourself". Unless you can get a small loan of a million dollars you better have a stable career and income at 25.

Source: approached life fearlessly, crashed three times, now bankrupt at 27
>>
How the fuck does coding even work?
>>
>>27867238
if
you=goodprogrammer
then
makemoney.bat
else
poorfag
clrscrn
end

All you need is a compiler (software that translates programming language into actual machine language) and then you can learn a language and start writing little programs
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.