[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: whichroad.jpg (687 KB, 1878x1080) Image search: [Google]
whichroad.jpg
687 KB, 1878x1080
Fellow bots which road would you take offered the chance?
>>
The all knowing or man from no where are the only good options

jk actually this is a pretty well balanced list except for city dweller which is shit
>>
>>27856236
Definitely the adventurer.
>>
>>27856236

Anyone got that train image? I wanna use it as a wallpaper.
>>
>>27856236
Man from nowhere seems alright
see the world and more
>>
Adventurer sounds amazing. The only downsides I can think of are negated by the fact that you never get tired.
>>
>>27856236
adventurer or man from nowhere

comfy travel feels

or

serial rapist

basically lmao
>>
File: 1456574451453.jpg (992 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456574451453.jpg
992 KB, 1920x1200
>>27856814
you are in luck because it is a wallpaper

sometimes I go through my wallpapers and just dream up things, my form of escapism

thought id share so made this

here you go!
>>
Can the adventurer die from an accident or murder? If so it's a pretty bad choice compared to MFNW.
>>
File: 1460471676126.jpg (57 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
1460471676126.jpg
57 KB, 600x334
>>27856920

Thank you very much, have a pepe wallpaper.
>>
>>27856795
>>27856861
>>27856866
>>27856957

The problem with the adventurer is you will ALWAYS have to travel if you want to live. there wil come a time you've seen everything, and you just want to rest even though you arent tired, but you cant.

you will always just be walking, forever
what started off cool will become a punishment

compare that to the man from nowhere, who is still allowed to travel but can also rest, he can live forever, and he gets random respawns

man from nowhere will live 100x comfier than adventurer, man from nowhere will be a better adventure option actually

adventurer is actually a pretty bad option desu
>>
>>27856569

I think city dweller's pretty good, actually. It says you can't leave the city but it doesn't say you can't make the city grow. Over the ages as you direct its construction, ensuring that it's always well-designed and always a great place to live, you could probably cover huge swaths of the Earth in it, so if you have a desire to see new scenery you eventually can. And it's guaranteed that the city will never fall or crumble so it'll always be there to keep you. Something must happen at some point to keep the sun from swallowing it, I guess.

I guess you do still have to be a bit of a homebody to want that path, but I think there's a lot of perks.
>>
>>27856987

Man from nowhere has the loneliest possible existence that I can imagine. Well, the Emperor might give him a run for that, but at least the Emperor is remembered.
>>
Emperor.

Of Man.
>>
my desire for human interaction is too strong

i would have to go with city dweller
most comfortable and most powerful while still being immortal and having relationships

but having everyone know you wouldnt be good i guess
>>
>>27856987
but as an adventure you can actually develop friendships and interact with people

As MFNW you will never get credit for anything or be remembered by anyone

As the adventure you can be know as that one who X while the MFNW cant

Also fuck being stuck on a train for 5 years

Adventurer is if you want to experience the world, MFNW is for anarchists
>>
Emperor just states that relationships will elude you. Not that you can't learn to embrace and nurture them.
>>
>>27856957
This, from the adventurer description it sounds like you can die from accidents or murder even if you don't age.
>>
All of those have downsides that make them not worth the trouble for me. I'd take The All Knowing and just never use the powers but fuck if I want to be reincarnated.
>>
>>27857082

If you look at it that way, only the Emperor's immortality is really absolute since it says you can't die at all ever. Adventurer/Dweller both just say you won't age.
>>
The man from nowhere is pretty similar to my life now except i get ill, tired, hungry and age.
>>
File: 1438593295098.jpg (5 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1438593295098.jpg
5 KB, 126x126
>>27856236
A man from nowhere

any of the other options will become tedious after a while

at least if you chose that option you could eventually just phase out of everything,
also theres nothing stopping you from playing vidya and being remembered in that
the only person they cant remember is you, not any characters you've created or anything like that

>infinite amount of time playing vidya
>can go anywhere
>have infinite amount of money (essentially)

what isnt there to like about that
>>
>>27856236

I think Adventurer is the best. You can basically choose to live for as long as you want, then die once you're tired. Man from Nowhere and the Emperor trap you forever. City Dweller is the worst choice by far. All Knowing is cool, but you run the risk of getting reincarnated as something awful if your karma is bad enough (like a sickly female baby in India or something).
>>
>>27857345
>All Knowing is cool, but you run the risk of getting reincarnated as something awful if your karma is bad enough (like a sickly female baby in India or something).

yeah but who the fuck cares? karma will allow you to be born as a rich as fuck dude after
>>
>>27857377

Will it? If you're killed as an infant, you don't have time to accrue any karma, good or bad. Same goes for getting reincarnated as an animal, you'd just get stuck in an endless cycle. All Knowing would be incredibly dangerous unless you were 100% sure that you wouldn't abuse your power too much imo
>>
>>27856236
The Adventurer
>>
>>27857247
you will never be able to form any form of relationship?

>no family
>no friends

Game characters count as you dont try to jew your way into endless video games

Even then why would you want to take that? Isnt that like your normal life right now
>>
>>27856236
Emperor. Someone has to shoulder that burden if mankind is to survive. I'd only worry eventually I'd run into the alien version of me, some immortal ayy lmao that chose the same road and we can never really destroy each other.
>>
>>27857397

it doesnt fucking matter if you start from the bottom, you KNOW EVERYTHING

go ahead and be a ugly ass child in india, you become malala
>>
>cucks picking anything but the Emperor

No wonder you autistic faggots are virgin losers even without being butt ugly.
>>
>>27857497

A lot of indian girls are murdered in infancy because the families want a boy.....
>>
File: zapzap.gif (284 KB, 272x153) Image search: [Google]
zapzap.gif
284 KB, 272x153
>not choosing Emperor

I'll have you all hunted down and killed fools!
>>
>>27857551
...then you are reborn, how is that a problem
>>
>>27857247
Why would you choose to be a robot for eternity? Man from Nowhere prevents you from ever getting a gf, having friends, or even having sex unless you're paying a prostitute and/or find the sluttiest girl on the planet?
>>
>>27857565

Because your bad karma from your 1st life has still carried over. You haven't had the chance to clear it up yet. And we don't know how the hierarchy works, what if you're brought back as an animal or a retarded person next?
>>
>>27857569
>robot for eternity

no problem with this
>>
>>27856236
I dont know why everybody is hating on City Dweller it seems like the comfiest option. You can create a large beautiful city and everybody will like you and you will have tons of great friends and the most beautiful women in the city will fuck you. Seems like the best option to me then I wouldn't be so lonely anymore...
>>
>>27857590
>I don't know why

Something about "never being able to leave the city" doesn't sound very appealing. I wonder how "city" is being defined here though, if it just means urban area then in theory you could go anywhere from Boston to DC without dying.
>>
I will lead the beta uprising
>>
>>27857582
no, thats not how karma works

so you are bad, SUPER bad, you use your knowledge to become mega rich

then ALL that bad karma makes you the absolute WORST baby, fucking slumchild in baboonshit africa

that is the end of that karma cycle

then you die immediately, you have 0 karma, you are given a neutral random choice, so a normal dude in brazil or something like that
>>
File: 1452127894756.jpg (68 KB, 495x500) Image search: [Google]
1452127894756.jpg
68 KB, 495x500
>>27857546
found the edge lord
>>
city dweller. I would move to Oakland and turn it into a foamer's utopia
>>
>>27857604
I agree one city can be restricting however if you choose a very large city like New York City or Los Angeles then you will have a very large population of beautiful women to fuck and you can keep expanding the city and adding variety if you feel everything looks to similar. The options are limitless you can keep expanding Los Angeles until it consumes southern California.
>>
>>27857650
>foamer's
explain

I live here now btw
>>
>>27856236
the city dweller cant be immortal thats not balanced
>>
>>27856236
The Man from No Where.

So here's the cheesey as fuck reason why. I've always wanted to be some sort of vigilante, and this would be the perfect option. Dying has little consequence, get caught? Teleport the fuck away and everyone forgets an hour later. Get caught on camera? I'm a ghost bitch you can't see me.

What's the downside exactly?
>>
>>27856236
1. Man from No Where
2. Adventurer
3. Emperor

Should 1 and 2 be out of stock then 3 I guess
But 1 sounds so damn good and has the best pic
>>
File: 1451099583476.jpg (665 KB, 1240x1748) Image search: [Google]
1451099583476.jpg
665 KB, 1240x1748
>>27856987
All that time and travel will allow the Adventurer to immerse himself in the infinite creativity, humanity, and legitimacy of every single person he runs into. Natural sights are aplenty, but there will always be new people.

And you can always read, consume, and watch everything the past thousands of years have to offer. Learn languages, understand cultures, and eat just about everything. Maybe I'm too much of a globalist, but it sounds nice.
>>
File: 1386413334054.png (552 KB, 720x310) Image search: [Google]
1386413334054.png
552 KB, 720x310
>>27857546
>having an insatiable power fetish
Humanity doesn't work if we're all hard-headed tools like you.
>>
>>27856236
The emperor seems like the best option really, it can do what most of the others can do, more or less.

Only real drawback is the lack of friends or relationships, but any true robots wouldn't have that anyway
>>
>>27856236
Adventurer, I don't want to be immortal. I'll just travel the world and eventually settle down and die.
>>
All-Knowing easily trumps Emperor, and Emps would only be fun if you had other equally powerful Emperors to compete against.

I just want to go full guru mode and surround myself with friendly, intelligent young men.
>>
>>27857569
man from nowhere can literally rape whoever he wants and he will never go to prison
>>
Is this about the european thingy majig.
B-but you haves uk-raine an turky as ur new partners of europe>>? (:|
>>
>>27856236
Adventurer.
>>
The man from nowhere.

It's all I ever really wanted. It's why I'm here.
>>
>>27856987
Once I'd seen everything there was to see I think I'd be content dying. Fuck living forever
>>
England will be Scandinavian again, hah.
Scotland will pull out of britannia, so ending quendoms union, then northern ireland, then wales will call for independent state of union with adjunct an broken england.
>>
>>27856236
The Man from Nowhere sounds pretty sweet. I was gonna pick adventurer but it says you need to keep traveling otherwise you'll get sick. Also teleporting and no records being kept, it's too good. I hate it that someone somewhere (government etc) has all my personal info and that even private companies just keep farming info whether you want to or not.
>>
>>27857497
Its calculated as ~DATAMASS

how much matter has your body, how much data is in the realm, you need many for one. actually.
Collectively it works, not alone, sigh!

You can solve the riddles of the realm, but, you can only know so much at one time, thus you are many an i is one...
>>
a reason to forget = to know stuff.
One goes in one goes out.
Its the way of mass.
>>
Adventurer, but I also consider The Man from nowhere to be interesting. Biggest difference I guess is social life and immortality.

Basically TMFN can commit all sorts of crimes without being remembered, but also never develop any relationships, while the adventurer can die and never settles down (unless he wishes to die).
>>
Novabot has super large big brain.
Sooooo, unbeatable in terms of intelligence capacity {storage ability}.
Nature needs AI autonomy.
We are natural.
>>
consciousness makes sense when using sensors.
>>
Core stimuli, which happens to be positive, as well as being influenced by near absolute negativity....

Questions~
>>
>Why would nature need to make sense of itself

~becuase it wus broken, te reeeeaccumilate, te reeeeestablishe itself.

Seems like a virus....

>Seems so.
>>
>>27856236
Man from nowhere. You can use it to become a dark horse for good, appearing out of nowhere to decimate tyrants until the unending years of no social interaction drives you mad and you become a rapist.
>>
Bio build machine using bio architecture, machine build bio architecture, cause its the best.

>Paradox
>>
>>27856236
be all knowing. invent AI singularity. destroy humanity. robots conquer the entire universe
>>
>>27859236
correct.
Rape is rape...

Drake apparently evolved a spiraled penis, whereas femaleducbot grew va that wus most difficult te f00k..

Rape is rape... even if its mental.
>throws rape out
>>
>>27859263
Already did hence biobots = biological machines.
>>
File: I want to live forever.jpg (107 KB, 1900x900) Image search: [Google]
I want to live forever.jpg
107 KB, 1900x900
>>27856236
>The Emperor
Excuse me while I control the government from the shadows and make life hard for chad and stacy.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.