[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys this is actually pretty good Am I normie now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 700x700
Guys this is actually pretty good

Am I normie now?
>>
no

I' m a 26 year old kv that lives with his mom and i still like Kanye

Pablo was kind of weak compared MBDTF though
>>
it's kanye's worst album by a huge margin
>>
>>27856244
this desu fampai

Kanyes OLD shit was great.
I dont really like what Kanye's become but I still support him
>>
>>27856263
>old shit
>MBDTF

okay really?
>>
Kanye is a sack of dogshit and people who still listen to him need to be terminated.
>>
>>27856277
it was six years ago
>>
>>27856227
It doesn't make you normie, just shit taste.

>>27856244
TLOP was weak to Kanye's entire discography, yes that includes Yeezus and 808s

>>27856249
Yes definitely

>>27856263
Same here
>>
like always with kanye it had GOAT-tier production and songs but shit-tier rapping
>>
>>27856263
You miss the old Kanye? Straight from the go Kanye? Chop up the soul Kanye?
>>
>>27856285
It was half way into his career

Pretty sure once you get passed Graduation you are no longer in "Kayne's old shit."
>>
>>27856305
Kek tbqhwy senpai
>>
He seems to be more of a novelty than an actual artist. I've listened to his stuff, it's shit. It seems like the only reason he's popular is because coalburners and hipster white kids like to sound like refined connoisseurs of hip-hop by talking about him.
>>
>>27856354
Kanye's super fucking mainstream, he was never for hipsters. At least not until Yeezus where people were like "this means something" even though he was just experimenting musically.
>>
File: 1460345667487.jpg (46 KB, 308x445) Image search: [Google]
1460345667487.jpg
46 KB, 308x445
>>27856354
here's your reply

I made it with love
>>
>>27856354
Why is he shit?

What specifically? What makes Kanye's music shit?

Please. Enlighten me.
>>
>>27856365
Well that doesn't seem to stop them from talking about him like people talk about sports. It's nothing but a bunch of pretentious bullshit. The guy is shit.
>>
>>27856390
Holy shit you people are fucking faggots.

Here is a real artist you fucking plebs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c&list=PLBAEFBBB81AFBC470
>>
>>27856354

He is a conversation piece, a fashion accessory, not a rapper. Spoiled white liberal kids listen to him and think that makes them part of the ethnic cool kids club. His fans spend more time talking about hiz ruff jurney thrrough lyfe than they do actually listening to his shitty music.
>>
>>27856434
I had never heard that before. Probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

10/10 thanks for sharing.
>>
>>27856406
>>27856485
This just confirms that you have no stance as to why you actually think he isn't good, you just bought into the "Kayne's a douche" meme.
>>
>people unironically believe MBDTF is his best album
Leave and Never speak to me ever again
>>
>>27856508
You are a hipster faggot worshiping a narcissistic nigger because you think it makes you look intelligent and refined
>>
>>27856485
>>27856508
Yeah wtf dude, Kanye doesn't talk about that at all. He's not like "I grew up in the ghetto and had to gang bang" he's more like "Since I didn't come from the ghetto, and didn't really have a story to tell people didn't give me the chance."
>>
>>27856539
you're not saying anything about the music though
>>
>>27856513
This desu
Who /808s/ here
>>
1. late registration
2. MBDTF
3. 808s and heartbreak
4. the college dropout

power gap

5. graduation
6. yeezus
7. the life of pablo
>>
>>27856573
You'll hate me for my ordering.

1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. Graduation
3. The College Dropout
4. Late Registration
5. 808s
6. Yeezus
7. Life of Pablo
>>
>>27856539
All you care about is the person. I don't give a fuck about how he acts or who he is. If you can't enjoy someone's art because you don't like how they act you are an imbecile.

You say his music is bad but can't say anything other than "B-but he likes himself t-too much!"

Fuck off you dumbass.
>>
>>27856227
No, Kanye is the world's most famous robot
>>
File: 1456146294714.jpg (11 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
1456146294714.jpg
11 KB, 200x237
>>27856625
baka desu sempai that has got to be the stupidest shit ive ever read
>>
which would you rather be trapped in a room with for 24 hours, kanye west fans or sonic fans?
>>
>>27856293
Yeezus was his best album.
808s was revolutionary.
The biggest sign of a complete music retarded pleb is hating Yeezus and 808s.
Please stop breathing.

>>27856249
Graduation was his worst album

>>27856354
(You)

>>27856513
Patrician

>>27856573
BAAHAHAHAHAHA

1. Yeezus
2. MBDTF
3. WTT
4. College Dropout
5. 808s
6. Late Registration
7. Graduation

>>27856625
Ye may have started as a robot, but he was legit autistic.
He was a charismatic autist with a love for music, and he used that to become the biggest artist in the past 200 years.

Earl is the only semi-mainstream robot rappa
>>
>>27856598
1. Late Registration
2. Graduation
3. The College Dropout
4. MBDTF
5. 808s

power gap

6. The Life of Pablo

power gap

7. Yeezus
>>
1. Yeezus
2. 808s
3, MBDTF
4. College Dropout
5. Late Registration
6. The Life of Pablo
7. Graduation
>>
>>27856625
This. Kanye is pretty much a confirmed autistic savant at this point.

Also, TLOP is extremely important to music. It has set the tone for the next era of music. We are entering a time where production trumps lyrics and vocal talent but not in the way machine-pop worked in the 2000s. This is why ILOVEMAKKONEN or SBTRKT are successful. Electronic instrumental production will be the most important factor in music going forward.

Songs like Ultralight Beam and Waves have essentially layed the ground work for the next major movement in music.
>>
>>27856657
I don't hate 808s and Yeezus, I love Yeezus and 808s has grown on me.

I definitely agree with you about Kanye West being a robot. If you hear any sort of interview with him, he was just some middle-class geeky kid who loved video games and music and turned that into finding his spot in life and taking full advantage of it.
>>
File: ezyjyxrkcxksoimvip4c[1].jpg (343 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
ezyjyxrkcxksoimvip4c[1].jpg
343 KB, 768x1024
>How did you end up working with Kanye?
>Kanye's record label contacted me and said that he really liked a sculpture of mine -- an anime woman with huge breasts. They asked if he could come to see it. It just so happened that the sculpture had just returned to the studio for repair. I said sure. Kanye came to the studio and stared at the sculpture, completely without words, just silently looking at it. I think he was moved by it, because he took hundreds of pictures with his digital camera.
>>
MBDTF
808s
Yeezus
LR
TCD
Graduation

I guess I'm a pleb for having MBDTF as my favorite but they are all great albums except for Graduation which is still good and I haven't listened to TLOP yet.
>>
>>27856657
Fuck, I forgot TLOP

1. Yeezus
2. MDBTF
3. WTT
4. College Dropout
5. 808s
6. TLOP
7. Late Registration
8. Graduation
>>
>>27856692
Imagine going from a geeky art school kid to the guy nobody would let rap because he sounded too nerdy to the most famous rapper on earth. Pretty much impossible to go through that and not pick up a massive ego.
>>
>>27856720
I wouldn't include Watch The Throne as it isn't just Kayne's work.

It is good, but it shouldn't really be in the album rankings.
>>
>all the white kids ITT listing Late Reg as Ye's best album

Holy fuck, even /mu/ isn't this contrarian.
Are you guys b8ing?
Even Kanye didn't like LR.
They made him pump out another album less than a year after CD, and he's repeatedly said he hates the biggest songs from it, especially Gold Digger.

Hey Mama and Gone are necessary Yeezycore.
Gone actually has the best Kanye verse of anything.
>>
>>27856696
Murakami is actually a really good artist. His work is amazing in person - his large-scale paintings are incredible. Kanye generally has good taste in collaborators.
>>
>>27856732
Lots of psychology case studies have determined that he likely has NPD which pretty much prevents him from not believing that he is the biggest thing since Jesus.
>>
>>27856732
Exactly, if you listen to Last Call he goes over this. You can hear how it kinda got to him that everyone was shitting on him for not being a "rapper". It was the sowed the seeds for what Kanye would become later, I love that track. And yeah anyone would get a big head like that. Everyone telling you no, only to reach the peak has to feed the ego. I'd definitely feel the same.
>>
>>27856759
>>27856759
late registration is by far his best album I don't give a fuck about what he thinks
>>
>>27856739
I include it because it was right after Ye dropped MBDTF, then he and Jay got to together and dropped the god of all collab albums.
You can feel Ye's production heavily throughout the album, though you can argue that it was mainly a Jay Z album, as Kanye far fewer lines.
>>
>>27856771
Lmao
Are you actually retarded?
The only reason it's better than Graduation is because of Gone and Hey Mama, and the fact that Graduation has the 2 stupidest Ye songs- Barry Bonds and Drunk & Hot Girls.
>>
>>27856759
>implying that I'm going to respect the tastes of a man who prefers Kim Kardashian to Amber Rose
>>
>>27856794
gone? classic
hey mama? classic
roses? classic
gold digger? classic
heard em say? classic
touch the sky? CLASSIC
diamonds from sierra leone? CERTIFIED CLASSIC
>>
>>27856768
Ayy
I remember the first time I heard Ye was his Jesus Walks music video back on BET's top 10.
From that point, Ye never did the typical rapper look of big chains, oversized jersey, grills, etc.
He wore a fucking pink sweater, backpack, suits, and looked like a dapper motherfucker.

He saved rap.
Rap in the 2000s was some fucking garbage.
>50 Cent
>Chingy
>Nelly
>Jim Jones
>Fat Joe
>Ja Rule
Ye brought art back into hip hop. He took the guns and violence out, and made it a reflection of his community's toils and triumphs.
>>
File: 1460595502194.png (104 KB, 1067x1050) Image search: [Google]
1460595502194.png
104 KB, 1067x1050
>tfw listen to rap music to help improve my mood and ego
>tfw love how egotistic and in love with himself Kanye is

Life of Pablo is as weak as 808s though
>>
>>27856846
>808s
>weak
stop memeing
>>
>>27856800
Amber Rose is bald and fucking retarded.
KimK is rakes in 40mil/year and has created a family brand from the OJ trial tragedy.
Hate her all you want, but she played the game doing literally nothing.
>>
>>27856831
Kanye is honestly the reason I got so heavily into hip-hop. He's a very insecure person and IDK, as stupid as this is, I do find myself identifying myself with Kanye. His new album is called turbografix-16 I mean goddamn, he's definitely not a thug.
>>
>>27856811
>gold digger
Every white girl's favorite Kanye song.
Like I said, even Kanye doesn't like it.
It's a party track that holds no actual value.

>touch the sky
No.
There's a reason why Ye stopped working with Lupe for a while after that.

>diamonds
Most people don't even remember this song, but it was good, but not even in the top 20 yeezy
>>
>>27856800
Amber Rose is nasty man.

Kim K is not only more attractive but is an amazing marketer and businesswoman.
>>
HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS
>>
>>27856846
>808s
>weak
You must be 18+ to post here
>>
>>27856878
>that holds no actual value
it's funny as hell, that's its value

same as New Workout Plan
>>
>>27856831
50 cent was great

get rich or die tryin is one of my favorites
>>
I love Kanye because he's such a nerdy dude. He got a program to make video games, and then he makes beats with it and that's how he gets into production. Is a huge music buff and always reps his hometown. He loves wrestling and he's overly obsessive and very insecure. It makes you feel for the guy, it's like if you were to take a robot and put them on the grand stage, that's pretty much how they would act.
>>
>tfw used to love rap, but now it makes me depressed because of the way they brag about how much money they have, all the nice cars they have and their overall lavish lifestyle
>tfw now listen to Future and Gucci Mane instrumentals more that I listen to Future and Gucci
>>
why aren't you mouthbreathing faggots in /mu/?
>>
Students who study music in a few hundreds years will have a chapter on Kanye West. He is this generation's Beethoven.

His influence on music will be heard forever.
>>
>>27856915
Because /mu/ is shit
>>
>>27856915

Because /mu/ kicks them out, they don't want to deal with these smug, self-important faggots either.
>>
>>27856936
>/mu/ kicks them out
lol? no
>>
>>27856914
If you're into depressive artists: Wale, early Eminem, Earl Sweatshirt, Open Mike Eagle, Kid Cudi, and someone can help fill in the rest.
>>
>>27856868
He's a rebel, but definitely not a thug.
Even the times he's worn the bananas, black jeans, etc was as form of protest to the establishment, never as a "yo imma run up on ya shoot ya nigga" act.
Gotta love Yeezy

>>27856909
I'm sorry, but no.
I used to like him back then, but I recently tried to listen to his stuff again and I couldn't. The guy has terrible flow, can barely speak, and has garbage lyrics.
>>
>>27856950
Have you ever been to /mu/?

It's literally nothing but memes and shitty /mu/core. You can't talk about anything unless you're circle jerking ITAOTS or Loveless.
>>
>>27856910
Ye is what every blackbot dreams of becoming
Earl is what every blackbot settles for

The guys samples Street Fighter, Akira, and corny ass 90s nerd culture over and over.

He's a talented artist, who was overlooked for most of his life, got picked up by the king of rap (Jay Z) and was suddenly on the world stage.
Ofc he's had his mishaps, and I don't agree with everything he's said/done, but if you listen to his newest song, "Saint Pablo" he's basically grown from childhood to adulthood in the past 12 years since CD dropped.

If you haven't heard Saint Pablo, you shouldn't be posting ITT
>>
>>27856904
I'm biased about NWP, mainly because I despised all of Ye's skits, especially the CD ones.

Gold Digger isn't really funny.
It's just mediocre and Ye literally explains everything. He doesn't use metaphor or allegory, he just explains not to trust these hoes.
Sure, it catchy, the sample is top tier, the flow is impeccable, but it's not Ye.
LR had better skits with the fraternity stuff.
>>
>>27856932
>this generation's closest thing to Einstein
I hope Ye lives to be like 80.
I have to meet Ye before I kill myself.
>>
>>27857030
That's what's pretty funny, this nerdy ass dude just happened to make it. And I really dislike when people shit on Kanye for no reason, lel fishdicks, lel hobbit. I'm not about to defend him like some people do either, he's human. Sometimes people seem to forget that, both the people that worship him and the people that despise him.
>>
>>27857163
Agreed.
At the end of day, he's a human, he makes mistakes, he says dumb shit.
Everyone does it just as much, if not even more, it's just that we aren't on the page of every paper when we do.

I personally love Ye. He may be an egotistic dude, but he's definitely the best artist the world has had in a long, long time.
No other rapper, rockstar, actor, whoever has ever been on his level of fame or quality of work.

Keep it loopy
>>
>>27857281
You can dislike him for what he says, you can say that his type of music isn't your style. You can't say that he isn't influential or a good musician.
>>
File: 1414175186698.jpg (62 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1414175186698.jpg
62 KB, 604x604
>>27857163

Whatever silly shit Kanye says sometimes, he's consistently confident in his work and it's obvious how much work and passion he puts into his albums. His persona is primarily armor and publicity at the same time, I suspect, and I find it funny that he riles people up so much.
>>
Charlie Heat made Facts from 4/10 to 10/10
I bump that shit every day now

The point of TLOP was to be the "life" of Ye, the whole album is like a patchwork of Ye's sounds and styles.

Ultra Light Beam, Real Friends were CD/LR
Highlights and Famous are MBDTF
Freestyle 4, Pt 1, and Feedback are Yeezus
NMPILA was WTT
Waves and FML were 808s

Then Fade, Pt 2, and 30 hours are a taste of Ye to come.
>>
I don't understand how people can't like this album. It seems like people dismiss it since Kanye has been really obnoxious lately.
>>
>>27857477
>really obnoxious lately
Besides his harmless Twitter arguments, he's been calmer than ever.
Just listen to Saint Pablo and his interviews on just spreading love.
He doesn't like confrontation nor fights anymore.

Artistically, the album was rushed and a patchwork. Read >>27857390
He'd spent 2.5 years on fashion, and then he realized he owed his fans music, not overpriced tattered clothing.
It's still a great album imo, but nowhere near his best work or capabilities.
>>
>>27856390
>>27856508
>>27856551
>>27856685
>>27857281
>>27857163

Stupid lyrics that only an idiot could listen to, whack fucking music, horrible fucking drawl voice, ridiculous personality and style

Seriously the only thing worse than talentless cunt Kanye are his dogshit sycophantic fans

>>27857567
He's never been anything but obnoxious you stupid blind fuck

>>27857477
Because it is SHIT like all of his retarded projects

>>27857301
He isn't influential or a good musician, go fuck yourself.
>>
>All these wankers hating on Graduation
>>
>>27857567
Well he also released TLOP before the mixing was complete and then re-released it.
>He doesn't like confrontation nor fights anymore.
Ehh the lyrics on Famous beg to differ. For the record I don't mind since it's obviously for artistic effect but I can see why it would annoy other people.
I can't really speak on the general quality due to being rushed and stuff since I'm not musically inclined but I guess that's fair. Oddly enough that seems in line with the themes of the album since the album art and some lyrics and purposefully "dumb" for lack of a better word. I think Kanye is self aware about this too. Fluctuating between being normal and unpredictable is part of his image and Saint Pablo is part of that. Him apologizing for the Taylor incident and then taking it back with Famous is also part of that. One lyric that has always stood out to me as evidence for his self awareness is "I had a dream I could buy my way to Heaven. When I awoke I spent that on a necklace". Maybe obnoxious was the wrong word but that element of ridiculousness is part of his art and he has to keep outdoing himself to keep it up. I personally don't find it too obnoxious even if I did face palm a little, but others definitely do. Also I'm not saying Kanye is fake or anything, I think it would be difficult to keep up if it was all an act. He plays up the ridiculous stuff but it seems to come from somewhere genuine.
>>
>>27858457
It's because it's his best album and Kanye fans are pretentious. They have to say it's the worst one or they aren't "true Kanye fans." Literally autism
>>
File: 1389823688696.jpg (86 KB, 550x676) Image search: [Google]
1389823688696.jpg
86 KB, 550x676
>>27858457

>mfw every single one of Kanye's albums is a work of art and blows all of its then-contemporaries out of the water
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.